Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #31
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
I agree with everything Justplugit said. I happen to make $800,000 a year and Under the Obama tax the hell out of me (the rich) plan- when the tax rate of over $357,000 in income goes back up to the Clinton rates, I am going to have to pay $20, 378 more in taxes on my $800,000. I am going to be destroyed.
http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-to-Your-...nancial-Crisis
Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #32
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
I agree with everything Justplugit said. I happen to make $800,000 a year and Under the Obama tax the hell out of me (the rich) plan- when the tax rate of over $357,000 in income goes back up to the Clinton rates, I am going to have to pay $20, 378 more in taxes on my $800,000. I am going to be destroyed. I am upset to know that alot of my fellow surfcasters on this site also make hundreds of thousand dollars a year and are going to be destroyed by higher taxes.
If you're really making that much and don't know how to duck the system then its your own fault.

And also, at that kind of income, if thats going to 'destroy' you, you're not living within your means.

Buck up little guy.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #33
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

pretty sure he was trying to be sarcastic likwid

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #34
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
God I hope so because he owes me a new keyboard for that post.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #35
fishbones

Thanks for the article Nebe. I just wish I had seen it before I told my son that due to the current state of the economy, he would have to sell off all of his Thomas the Tank Engine toys and videos so I could buy vodka and lottery tickets. The poor kid is now stuck playing with rocks and cigarette butts.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #36
Nebe

Glad I could help. I wish you and your son the best of luck.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #37
wader-dad

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;
NO ONE is against helping those in need. NO ONE, period.
QUOTE]

This is it- Jim - This is the question that we all must face- Who is in need for help????

We both believe that if someone is disabled or mentally ill they should get some help.

I also believe that some people that have been screwed up by no family life should get services from social service organizations to teach them how to be parents and break the cycle. You and I and Bill Cosby would agree that only a solid family life and responsible influence will ever solve the problem.

In my view, the tax money I am talking about does not get redistributed to the "client". it goes to dedicated social workers who have masters degrees in social work and some of them are making $32,000 and in CT they have not had a raise in 24 months because the CT Department of mental health and addiction services had no money from the Legislature and could not provide a salary cost of living increase.

So I think some of these people in poverty need help- not money but services. I have seen it work.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #38
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Abe had a lot to say

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me, and causes me to tremble for the safety of our country. Corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people, until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the republic is destroyed. The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency, and credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government, and the buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principals, the taxpayers will be saving immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master, and become the servant of humanity." - Abraham Lincoln

also Jackson (who many hated)

"If Congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to use themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations." - Andrew Jackson

whatever we do, be sure we stay informed and don't allow congress to take away any more liberties or rights like they have after 9/11
Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #39
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

[QUOTE=wader-dad;634862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY;
NO ONE is against helping those in need. NO ONE, period.

So I think some of these people in poverty need help- not money but services. I have seen it work.

I agree 100%.

While no expert, the volunteer work i've done with the homeless, Habitat and mentoring, i have come to believe that while some people need temporary help when between jobs and hard times, there is a Hugh need for psych help for mental and drug problems for many.
Drugs have been the biggest plague on our society.

I have come to believe that if people would just take care of their own families , no matter what, we wouldn't have %80 of the problems we have thrust on us.
Just mho.

" Choose Life "