Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-21-2021, 02:29 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
using your logic, isn’t that a question for the state of Tennessee health officials?

You’ll comment when red states drop the ball. you cower when bluebstates do the same.

Make. That. Wrong.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I’ll wait for the reporting on the thinking behind that decision, it was pretty clear on the Emmy issue even though you couldn’t comprehend or didn’t like it.

Declaring that if you are vaccinated no further treatment is allowed is unspeakably horrific.
So much for personal responsibility.
Perhaps States that have overloaded hospitals due to low vaccination rates should just turn away patients in car accidents or critical health issues.
There are hospitals doing Triage, making those choices and excess deaths are growing again in those states.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #92
spence

Quote:
for the tenth time, i’m talking about kids who are vaccinated, and who have a recent negative test, yet still need to be masked, and who need to socially distance.
So you're saying the Governor should have one policy for private school kids and another for public schools? That would go over well.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So you're saying the Governor should have one policy for private school kids and another for public schools? That would go over well.
No. I'm saying that I don't get why vaccinated students with a negative test, can't enjoy the same freedoms as vaccinated entertainers with a negative test. I am certain you know well what I mean, but will do anything to avoid being forced to address it directly.

I asked if kids are more at-risk than entertainers, as that would justify the stricter measures. I asked that 2-3 times, you avoided it naturally.

You can take the last word if you want, this is pointless.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:59 PM   #94
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I go fishing for the day only to check in to see Jim is still stuck on this one, what’s the problem Jim I’m worried that you are able to read what’s posted but not able to comprehend, any other memory issues?
Old 09-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I go fishing for the day only to check in to see Jim is still stuck on this one, what’s the problem Jim I’m worried that you are able to read what’s posted but not able to comprehend, any other memory issues?
I asked for the rationale behind public policy that's stricter with children than with actors. None of your fellow libs here came close to answering the question. Saying 'it's the law' doesn't get at the logic, and saying "the entertainers are vaccinated and had negative tests' also doesn't answer the question, because I keep saying I'm talking about children who are similarly vaccinated and who similarly have a negative test.

Lobbing baseless insults is very easy. Try something that you guys find a lot harder, try answering this question...

If you have a group of entertainers who are vaccinated with recent negative tests, and you have a group of children who are similarly vaccinated with recent negative test...by what logic would you give freedoms and rights to the entertainers, that you wouldn't give to the children?

Hint, you can't answer the question I asked by saying any of the following, which are common liberal responses:

it's the law
why do you want all children to die
why are you so angry
why are you playing the victim card
the entertainers were vaccinated
ask the state of California
Jim you're stupid
why aren't you concerned with what happened on January 6th.
you're a racist
defund the police
its so obvious
Trump tells lots of lies and has an orange hue
a-duh-duh
f*ck you

I'll happily give you a chance to show a maturity and seriousness that none of the other lefties could muster...let's see what you got.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-21-2021 at 03:35 PM..
Old 09-21-2021, 03:34 PM   #96
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

OMG did you just ask the same question again, PLEASE go call your congressman and get the skinny on this question, clearly you need to get to the bottom of this.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
OMG did you just ask the same question again, PLEASE go call your congressman and get the skinny on this question, clearly you need to get to the bottom of this.
I did ask it again, because each time I nail one of you down and ask, every single one of you ran away from it and hid under your bed. It's beyond hysterical, you guys are so entertaining you should all be able to get together and wear tuxedos and sit near each other without masks.

Hope you fared better fishing.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:41 PM   #98
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Could be we just love it when you get stuck, it’s so fun, it’s dejavu ever day, like Groundhog Day the same questions over and over again, good fun.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #99
spence

Quote:
Could be we just love it when you get stuck, it’s so fun, it’s dejavu ever day, like Groundhog Day the same questions over and over again, good fun.
Come on man, think of the liberal elites!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EJWB3GPBIBDQHPFOJQQIGJPHTE.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	68355  
Old 09-21-2021, 07:41 PM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

Apparently Jim can’t figure out that to most people children are more valuable than entertainers, or his are not in his
Old 09-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Apparently Jim can’t figure out that to most people children are more valuable than entertainers, or his are not in his
oh i agree that any kid is more valuable than anyone in that room, which is why i say it’s important to help those kids become adults like…well to not become the kind of adults who attack children or who weaponize a persons ill wife. to have them turn out to be better adults than that, they need to have normal childhood experiences. which we presume you missed out on. which would
explain a few things.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-21-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 07:38 AM   #102
wdmso

Quote:
Why doesn't Bidens vaccine mandate apply to Congress (it doesn't, I recently learned)? Why do private sector workers have a mandate, but not members of Congress? Is that not a fair question to ask? The military is saying they're going to boot people who aren't vaccinated, but members of congress face no penalty?

Jim 1 google search you would have that answered. more false info sent to your inbox or whatever site you saw it

The claim is false. Biden’s vaccine requirements were issued in the form of an executive order – directives that apply only to the executive branch. Congress is the legislative branch, and thus, is not subject to the order.

I'm guessing the number of unvaccinated congressmen is very low, but again, what's the logic? Because I don't see it.

Same with welfare recipients, the vaccine mandate won't apply to them. If the goal is to vaccinate as many Americans as possible, why not have the mandate apply to welfare recipients?

So what's being on welfare have to do with anything? other unless you think they are all black and have low vaccination rates ? the order clearly say businesses over 100 and federal contractors and employees

A welfare recipient can refuse the vaccine and continue to collect his welfare. But a Navy SEAL who refuses the vaccine will be fired.

So a Navy seal should be allowed to not get the shot? But those 13 marines who were killed in a suicide bombing should have been allowed to refuse their lawful order? . its called a direct order like charge that machine gun nest . any anyone who doesn't want the shot or follow lawful orders in the military can find a new Job
[/COLOR]
That's just dripping with common sense.
Sorry Jim its not dripping with common sense its dripping BS

and whats up with the welfare angle ?
Old 09-22-2021, 07:54 AM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Sorry Jim its not dripping with common sense its dripping BS

and whats up with the welfare angle ?
"Jim 1 google search you would have that answered."

If you can't handle my asking questions here, you can block me. OK? I did a search and didn't see anything.

"Congress is the legislative branch, and thus, is not subject to the order."

OK. So why isn't there a mandate for congress to be vaccinated, issued by anyone who has that authority? Or does no one have that authority?

"So what's being on welfare have to do with anything?"

WDMSO 1 google search you would have that answered (see what I did there?) WHy is it swell if you ask questions, but you get upset when I do it?

To answer your question, if getting the vaccine is such a vital civic responsibility that Biden is ordering employers to enforce it, why not ask the same of welfare recipients, who get paid by all of us? If i have to get the shot in order to keep my paycheck coming in, why don't they? They should be held to a higher standard, because I'm working to get my paycheck, my paycheck isn't funded my confiscating other people's money.

"So a Navy seal should be allowed to not get the shot? "

Again, 1 simple google search, and you'd have the answer (see what I did there - again?).

I don't have a problem with anyone not taking the shot who has had covid and therefore has natural antibodies which many say are far superior to the vaccine's antibodies. These are some of the healthiest people on the planet, I don't suppose there's a lot of co-morbities there.

"its called a direct order like charge that machine gun nest . any anyone who doesn't want the shot or follow lawful orders in the military can find a new Job"

If the order is lawful, that's a good point, like getting the immunization cocktail. Very good point. I meant to say (but didn't say), I'm talking about military members who have already had covid and are chock full of natural (superior) antibodies.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:11 AM   #104
spence

Quote:
I don't have a problem with anyone not taking the shot who has had covid and therefore has natural antibodies which many say are far superior to the vaccine's antibodies.
I don't believe the scientific community would agree with this. From what I've read natural immunity is around 80% with the vaccines closer to 95%. Hence why they recommend people who have had Covid still get vaccinated.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:33 AM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't believe the scientific community would agree with this. From what I've read natural immunity is around 80% with the vaccines closer to 95%. Hence why they recommend people who have had Covid still get vaccinated.
i believe that then only reason why i made the statement, is because of all the scientists i’ve seen who said exactly that.

Is science.org part of the scientific community?

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-remains-vital

but like everything, there are experts on both sides. so who knows.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

The issue with “I already had COVID “ is that unless you’re tested it’s only a guess and likely no protection.

I have some friends who were convinced they had it because they were really sick with something.
Testing said no antibodies.
They got vaccinated and will gladly get the booster.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #107
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Good advertising.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DAED36A9-9EA4-4886-AB6D-AB60F0BADE92.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	68359  
Old 09-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #108
spence

Quote:
i believe that then only reason why i made the statement, is because of all the scientists i’ve seen who said exactly that.

Is science.org part of the scientific community?

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-remains-vital

but like everything, there are experts on both sides. so who knows.
Well, it's a magazine for one thing. Also if you read the whole article they have some serious challenges to the methods used in the study. Not saying it's all wrong but I don't think it is peer reviewed. Ask your BFF about what peer review means
Old 09-22-2021, 04:02 PM   #109
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hope you anti vaccine tools aren’t Bruins or Celtics fans, Boston Garden now will require proof of vaccination, hey you still have your freedom; but watch the game from home.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #110
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I don’t think there’s a single “Anti Vaccine Tool” here, but if it makes you happy.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:48 PM   #111
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We all might be vaccinated, but my post was out to the Mass sports fan universe, not specific to SB community. Thought Jim might need some fuel for his debate on fairness and regulations.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 09-22-2021 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 06:19 PM   #112
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I won’t go to a Bruins or Celtics game if they make me show proof, I’ll just spend my money elsewhere
Old 09-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I won’t go to a Bruins or Celtics game if they make me show proof, I’ll just spend my money elsewhere
But will they care?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2021, 05:57 AM   #114
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Don't care if they care
Old 09-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #115
PaulS

Quote:
I used my cousin's ticket to the Foo Fighters last Friday night bc she couldn't get in to the show as she is not vac.

Saw Violent Femms last night and needed to show vac. card.

Going to David Bryne tonight on Broadway and have to show a vac. card (not sure if neg. test will work).

Sounds like you are Vac. If so, why not show the card? I could totally understand if you weren't vac. and didn't want to take a test.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:29 AM   #116
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

. If so, why not show the card?
I bet it's easier to get a form of identification for voting than it is to get vaccinated twice(maybe thrice now) and get a card, and it doesn't hurt or leave you in bed sick for a couple of days....

do the booster eligible have to show their booster cards and how do we identify them as they may be a danger to the public with waning effectiveness from their first jabs?
Old 09-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #117
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I used my cousin's ticket to the Foo Fighters last Friday night bc she couldn't get in to the show as she is not vac.

Saw Violent Femms last night and needed to show vac. card.

Going to David Bryne tonight on Broadway and have to show a vac. card (not sure if neg. test will work).

Sounds like you are Vac. If so, why not show the card? I could totally understand if you weren't vac. and didn't want to take a test.
I went and saw Alice Cooper on Saturday night, walked in, no mask and no proof of vax required, as it should be.

I am vaxed but I'm not going to show paperwork to go about my life, sorry, just not going to do it.

And I'm not the only one that feels this way.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #118
PaulS

Quote:
I went and saw Alice Cooper on Saturday night, walked in, no mask and no proof of vax required, as it should be.

I am vaxed but I'm not going to show paperwork to go about my life, sorry, just not going to do it.

I was offered free tickets for Cooper Sun. night at a new venue about 20 min. from my house but had family over so I couldn't go.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:54 AM   #119
scottw

Quote:

well then, it's off to re-education camp for you...youuuuuu anti-vaxxer!
Old 09-23-2021, 09:55 AM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

When anti people drone on about “freedom,” what’s unavoidable is that by definition they mean the “freedom” to get sick (and use up limited healthcare resources) and to infect other people with COVID.

Lets Go Darwin