Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-24-2020, 02:38 AM   #91
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
. Why you need to say stuff like this, .

Watch and listen to the videos below..is why

my disdain for Trump is based on his action his words his personal lack of integrity he is a man with zero moral character... it has nothing to do with the word Republican. Because he isnt one .. he is a RINO of the highest order .. you cant drain a swamp if you've lived in one your whole life and just replaced it with creatures from your own swamp . Who put their loyalty to Trump before country

DHS director as case in point lobbyists and only acting ... the law states Acting Secretary can only serve for 210 days following vacancy by a Senate-confirmed officehold.

So much for I am the law an order president,,, I'd like to know who's driving and making Trumps decisions,,, because hes not coming up with these end arounds or his article 2 position on his own...
Old 07-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Watch and listen to the videos below..is why

Don't know which videos you refer to, but when I post videos you pay them no credence so I don't know what special credence I should give to yours. Most video clips, from both "sides" are slices from a whole meant to disparage in some way. You used to chide me for relying on the net which is supposedly full of junk, but you don't mind searching it to find what suits you.

my disdain for Trump is based on his action his words

Words from anyone, selected for a purpose, can distort for a purpose. Trump has spoken lots of conciliatory, unifying, patriotic, attempts at compromise, that you won't quote. Words have been selected from Obama, Clinton, Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, to make them look bad. It's easy to do.

his personal lack of integrity he is a man with zero moral character...

If we don't personally know the man, we can only depend on what others say. And how they slant it. In terms of what has been said about Trump, it depends on the source. There certainly have been testimonials to his showing "moral" character as well as the opposite. How you arrive at zero moral character, I don't know.

I suspect it's what you want to be true.

And, for whatever reason, other politicians, don't seem to get incessant scrutiny of their character. I suspect that Biden wouldn't do all that great on the moral count if fly speck scrutiny were done on his past.

it has nothing to do with the word Republican. Because he isnt one .. he is a RINO of the highest order ..

I don't know what an accurate definition of "Republican" is other than claiming to be one. There is a lot of diversity between all the pols within each party. Trump has governed as, or more, conservatively than most of the recent Republican Presidents.

you cant drain a swamp if you've lived in one your whole life

Sure you can.

and just replaced it with creatures from your own swamp . Who put their loyalty to Trump before country

Another one of your unsubstantiated opinions.

DHS director as case in point lobbyists and only acting ... the law states Acting Secretary can only serve for 210 days following vacancy by a Senate-confirmed officehold.
So much for I am the law an order president,,, I'd like to know who's driving and making Trumps decisions,,, because hes not coming up with these end arounds or his article 2 position on his own...
Don't know much about that. Apparently, there are ways to get around the 210 days. Every administration has pulled shenanigans. No doubt Trump's has its share.

For me reputed character is far down on the list of reasons to vote. Leading Democrats are no more "moral" in any important way, as far as I'm concerned, than Trump.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Don't know much about that. Apparently, there are ways to get around the 210 days. Every administration has pulled shenanigans. No doubt Trump's has its share.

For me reputed character is far down on the list of reasons to vote. Leading Democrats are no more "moral" in any important way, as far as I'm concerned, than Trump.
The way he gets around it is other people not doing their job, they failed in January.

An innocent man doesn’t hide his tax returns. A successful man doesn’t lie about his crowd size. An honest man doesn’t cheat to win an election.

Everything Tweety accuses Biden of doing, he does himself, only worse. So when Tweety World tried to shop the idea that Biden was creepy with women, all it really did was remind people that Tweety has more than two dozen sexual assault allegations on his rap sheet. There is a current court case looking for a DNA sample for the alleged rape of E. Jean Carrol but Tweety claims he doesn't have the time. Be pretty easy to do one when he's having his daily Covid test.

When Tweety World pushed the idea that Hunter Biden was somehow corrupt, you couldn’t help but think about Javanka and DJTJ and all the ways Tweety's family has been siphoning cash out of any place they can.

Tweety World tried painting Joe as doddering and old at the same time that Tweety was rambling through daily press conferences and struggling to walk down a ramp. Then for his encore performance Tweety did his person woman man camera tv routine.

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release from prison of Tweety’s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen by Friday afternoon.
The judge found that Cohen was sent back to prison in retaliation for not agreeing not to publish a book about Tweety while on furlough from prison. There will be more of that story emerging.

I can think of four times when Tweety has publicly extended his best wishes to people charged with federal crimes by DOJ: Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort — and now Ghislaine Maxwell.

So now, Tweety is no longer the outsider promising to blow things up and got elected because what did you have to lose?
Well, he’s the guy in charge and he blew everything up. Promises made, promises kept!

Now his problem is that Americans can see exactly how much they’ve lost and are very aware of how much they still could lose.

And it’s a lot.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #94
Sea Dangles

I wonder what Bitch slapped boy is afraid of...

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The way he gets around it is other people not doing their job, they failed in January.

Sounds like our typical incompetent and, or, corrupt American politics. Can't think of too many administrations or congresses (maybe Coolidge admin.) in the past 150 years or so that didn't mix in some monkey business or didn't get around some rule or other. That's not to excuse it, just find it hard to get worked up enough about it to vote for the other side who'll do likewise.

An innocent man doesn’t hide his tax returns.

Trump's returns are not hidden. They are in the hands of the IRS which has found nothing wrong with them. I'm not interested in publicizing my returns. Don't know anybody who is. I think a lot of innocent men would not want to publicize their returns, especially not want some enemy to pore over them. If the IRS found nothing wrong with them, then I can't conceive of anything in them that would make me want to put Progressives in control of this country.

A successful man doesn’t lie about his crowd size.

The inauguration crowd? That's debatable. There are several videos made by those who wanted to attend of hundreds who were turned away. And the internet viewers were reported by some to be record numbers.

And there have been attempts by media and anti-Trumpers to severely downplay the numbers of his rallies in the past So there have either been errors or lies about the size of those crowds. And, they have mostly been larger than typical Biden or Hillary crowds.

An honest man doesn’t cheat to win an election.

An honest man doesn't accuse someone of cheating if he can't prove it.

Everything Tweety accuses Biden of doing, he does himself, only worse. So when Tweety World tried to shop the idea that Biden was creepy with women, all it really did was remind people that Tweety has more than two dozen sexual assault allegations on his rap sheet. There is a current court case looking for a DNA sample for the alleged rape of E. Jean Carrol but Tweety claims he doesn't have the time. Be pretty easy to do one when he's having his daily Covid test.

So is this supposed to be a contest of who is worse?
Well, for me, it is not who is worse, but what is worse. The Progressive transformation of this country into a regulatory state instead of a constitutional republic is worse.

When Tweety World pushed the idea that Hunter Biden was somehow corrupt, you couldn’t help but think about Javanka and DJTJ and all the ways Tweety's family has been siphoning cash out of any place they can.

Actually I could help to not think about it. Actually, before Covid, the country was doing far better than it had been before Trump. Getting back to that would be more important than the supposed Trump family siphoning. And it would especially be what I want as opposed to the Progressive takeover of this country.

Tweety World tried painting Joe as doddering and old at the same time that Tweety was rambling through daily press conferences and struggling to walk down a ramp. Then for his encore performance Tweety did his person woman man camera tv routine.

This is the kind of stuff that makes some difference to you?

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release from prison of Tweety’s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen by Friday afternoon.
The judge found that Cohen was sent back to prison in retaliation for not agreeing not to publish a book about Tweety while on furlough from prison. There will be more of that story emerging.

Oh, no doubt, there will be more and more stories emerging. And, no doubt, you will gleefully tell us about them.

I can think of four times when Tweety has publicly extended his best wishes to people charged with federal crimes by DOJ: Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort — and now Ghislaine Maxwell.

Oh . . . the horror.

So now, Tweety is no longer the outsider promising to blow things up and got elected because what did you have to lose?
Well, he’s the guy in charge and he blew everything up. Promises made, promises kept!

I was quite happy with what Trump was doing before Covid. The whole world has been economically devastated since then.
Only thing worse than that is a Progressive takeover of America.

Now his problem is that Americans can see exactly how much they’ve lost and are very aware of how much they still could lose.

And it’s a lot.
Yes, we can lose our Republic with our unalienable rights if we place the Progressives in total power. And to do that just in order to get rid of Trump is a real sick form of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yes, we can lose our Republic with our unalienable rights if we place the Progressives in total power. And to do that just in order to get rid of Trump is a real sick form of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
You can keep believing in the barking carnival clown
If this ZTI thing is correct and not just some unit patch misunderstanding, the Tweety administration and interior minister Bill Barr Have released a private mercenary army on to our streets.

The truth and reconciliation commission is going to be amazing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-24-2020, 07:48 PM   #97
scottw

Quote:

the Tweety administration and interior minister Bill Barr Have released a private mercenary army on to our streets.

time for your medication....
Old 07-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
time for your medication....
Ok Yoho

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
You can keep believing in the barking carnival clown
If this ZTI thing is correct and not just some unit patch misunderstanding, the Tweety administration and interior minister Bill Barr Have released a private mercenary army on to our streets.

The truth and reconciliation commission is going to be amazing.
You referring to this:

"A photo is going viral on social media showing a federal agent holding a gun in Portland, Oregon while wearing what appears to be a patch that reads “ZTI.” Some people on social media are speculating that this is connected to a private company called ZTi. However, that is not accurate. The patch actually reads ZT1 and is part of an identifier system that federal agencies are using right now in Portland instead of placing an officer’s name
Old 07-25-2020, 05:59 AM   #100
scottw

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minnesotans marched Thursday in protest of the Trump administration’s use of federal officers on the West Coast.

The group met at the federal courthouse in downtown Minneapolis earlier in the evening before marching through the city.

rent-a-mob...these people need jobs to go to...protesting should not be an occupation
Old 07-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #101
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minnesotans marched Thursday in protest of the Trump administration’s use of federal officers on the West Coast.

The group met at the federal courthouse in downtown Minneapolis earlier in the evening before marching through the city.

rent-a-mob...these people need jobs to go to...protesting should not be an occupation
Watch the video of just one antifa terrorist. This was from Portland last night.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

First it was Wall of Moms, then Wall of Dads and now it’s Wall of Vets, so he’s finally getting a wall.
Don’t think Tweety’s attempt to change the narrative from his incompetence on the virus to law and order is working.
Just more division and lack of leadership.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:25 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
First it was Wall of Moms, then Wall of Dads and now it’s Wall of Vets, so he’s finally getting a wall.
Don’t think Tweety’s attempt to change the narrative from his incompetence on the virus to law and order is working.
Just more division and lack of leadership.
Which is it? He has no constitutional right to dictate the use of federal agents in the states. He has the right to dictate to the states on how the pandemic is handled in their states.

Sometimes you want to accuse him of being a dictator, but other times you say he is incompetent because he doesn't dictate.

The truth is your wrong on both counts. Our present system does give him authority to protect federal property in the states as well as to protect any constitutional rights of the people in those states if the the states are not capable or unwilling to do so. But he is not empowered to be the dictator of how the states handle their medical procedures.

Just because your narrative is that he has been incompetent on the handling of the virus, doesn't make it so. He has done his part well enough. We have a federated system of governance and, according to the pandemic plan created by the previous administrations, the bulk of the duty on handling the virus falls on the states. You make nebulous charges of him supposedly getting some early warnings by intel which have been denied by intel. The pandemic cupboard was empty when he took office, and I haven't heard evidence that he was warned early on that the previous administration had left the shelves empty, and the states had also not restocked. The country was woefully unprepared even though there was a plan in place, because nobody had followed it. We were left totally unprepared by the previous administration and the by the failure of the states and the failure of the CDC. And by the failure of China and the WHO to warn us early on, but, instead, quite the contrary, to downplay the nature of the virus.

Trump had to gear up the Federal part, which was the bungling CDC which he inherited and backing up the states with supplies where necessary. His administration did that, and it was a massive and well done effort.

Your narrative is a twisted, contradictory, purposefully politicized constant message meant to destroy Trump.

And reality is that it is not about Trump. The Dems only hope is to make it about him, but they would have done the same to any other Repub President. It is not about the man, it is about regaining the power to finish and securely put in place their Progressive agenda.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-25-2020 at 05:19 PM..
Old 07-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #104
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hey he is running out of groups to alienate, even the guy locally that had his front lawn covered with Trump full size cutouts and veterans for Trump signs, has pulled all the Trump support signs.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:58 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Which is it? He has no constitutional right to dictate the use of federal agents in the states. He has the right to dictate to the states on how the pandemic is handled in their states.

Sometimes you want to accuse him of being a dictator, but other times you say he is incompetent because he doesn't dictate.

The truth is your wrong on both counts. Our present system does give him authority to protect federal property in the states as well as to protect any constitutional rights of the people in those states if the the states are not capable or unwilling to do so. But he is not empowered to be the dictator of how the states handle their medical procedures.
Leadership is not equivalent to dictatorship.
It’s as simple as modeling behavior that will reduce the spread of COVID-19
He’s incapable of leading

Just because your narrative is that he has been incompetent on the handling of the virus, doesn't make it so. He has done his part well enough. We have a federated system of governance and, according to the pandemic plan created by the previous administrations, the bulk of the duty on handling the virus falls on the states. You make nebulous charges of him supposedly getting some early warnings by intel which have been denied by intel. The pandemic cupboard was empty when he took office, and I haven't heard evidence that he was warned early on that the previous administration had left the shelves empty, and the states had also not restocked. The country was woefully unprepared even though there was a plan in place, because nobody had followed it. We were left totally unprepared by the previous administration and the by the failure of the states and the failure of the CDC. And by the failure of China and the WHO to warn us early on, but, instead, quite the contrary, to downplay the nature of the virus.

Trump had to gear up the Federal part, which was the bungling CDC which he inherited and backing up the states with supplies where necessary. His administration did that, and it was a massive and well done effort.
Lies, what was not there was due to the absolute refusal of the Tea party to fund anything the former administration needed.
The plans were in place and actually were successfully used by many other developed nations
Tweety failed to act

Your narrative is a twisted, contradictory, purposefully politicized constant message meant to destroy Trump.
Tweety is currently destroying his name and what remains of the Republican Party

And reality is that it is not about Trump. The Dems only hope is to make it about him, but they would have done the same to any other Repub President. It is not about the man, it is about regaining the power to finish and securely put in place their Progressive agenda.
When Tweety sent his Graffiti Gestapo to Portland there were about 50 protesters. Last night there were 10,000 Americans standing against the Rise of the Tweety’s Turd Reich.

Americans see through his divisive policies to foment civil war

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

As far as what Tweety failed to do, here’s a start
Why is it that we haven’t done what we should have? Which of these?
1-Letting tens of thousands into the country from China & Europe despite contrary claims?
2-Disbanding our task force in May?
3-Pretending this was a hoax until March?
4-Reducing & defunding testing
5-The president encouraging & failing to quash the “truthers”
6-Unwillingness to call for & encourage mask mandate
7-Not taking 3-4 week hard shut down
8-Defunding testing/testing sites
9-Not funding contact tracing
10-Eliminating pandemic response teams
11-Leaving bars open
11-Mixed messaging/inconsistent leadership
12-No coordinated national approach
13-Elimination of nursing home safety fines
14-Congressional stalling
15-Leaving meatpacking plants open
16-Not caring about jails & prisons
17-CDC mistakes
18-No stockpiles
19-Anti-science
20-FDA
That list of 20 things was too easy to arrive at. And any of the 20 could have been accomplished. Most of them should have. With diligence, all of them would have.
There’s no reason to be here now.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:16 PM   #107
detbuch

Quote:
That list of 20 things was too easy to arrive at. And any of the 20 could have been accomplished. Most of them should have. With diligence, all of them would have.
There’s no reason to be here now.
Too easy because the are mostly false or misleading. Most are state responsibilities. Most of the federal problems were inherited which he corrected.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #108
detbuch

Quote:
When Tweety sent his Graffiti Gestapo to Portland there were about 50 protesters. Last night there were 10,000 Americans standing against the Rise of the Tweety’s Turd Reich.

Americans see through his divisive policies to foment civil war
Sometimes you appear to be batchit crazy.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:19 PM   #109
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Hey he is running out of groups to alienate, even the guy locally that had his front lawn covered with Trump full size cutouts and veterans for Trump signs, has pulled all the Trump support signs.
This is truly important news.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:56 PM   #110
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
This is truly important news.
Well considering a veteran had a full size cutout of Trump, A six foot tall fist with a middle finger next to a sign with two foot letters saying impeach this, suddenly takes it all down is telling.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:06 PM   #111
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well considering a veteran had a full size cutout of Trump, A six foot tall fist with a middle finger next to a sign with two foot letters saying impeach this, suddenly takes it all down is telling.
Yup. That cutout certainly tells the whole story.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:09 PM   #112
scottw

Quote:
D
oh good....walls of poor excuses for parents and morons protecting juvenile delinquents destroying things.....this is going to be fun
Old 07-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #113
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Yup. That cutout certainly tells the whole story.
This is the stuff he finds important.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN