Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-07-2020, 07:04 PM   #301
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He's not supposed to manage our bureaucracy. It's called separation of powers. That's why government is usually in a state of gridlock. Which is not a bad thing. And was intended by the Founders.

You seem to be enamored with the notion of an all powerful President.
The President appoints political heads of the bureaucracy, some appointments by law need to be approved by Congress, he’s been failing to perform the required appointments. He’s also blocking the Constitutionally required congressional oversight of his administration. He is responsible for the spending of funds appropriated by Congress.
Contrary to his belief he doesn’t have great powers but does have great responsibility.
Unfortunately as I expected he has failed to rise to the occasion in any problem he has confronted, that’s the definition of a failed president.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #302
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Tweety had 3 years to refill the basic pandemic supplies and didn't.

Why would he ask the CDC to order supplies if the agency didn't request it? How would he have known if, or even suspected if, there was a shortage?

His administration didn't pay attention when warned about other countries buying up the supplies that would shortly be needed.

He did a good job of having our manufacturers produce supplies.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday he was mistaken in claiming that the Obama administration had failed to leave a pandemic playbook for the Trump White House.

A playbook, but no supplies. Obama didn't even follow the guidelines of his own playbook that required keeping an adequate stock. There was no air of emergency until the Chit hit the fan. Then everything had to be geared up from scratch.

Too late to blame China and the WHO for Tweety's failures, you might be able to get a few weeks or at most a month out of that but we are the only developed nation that is still fighting a growing pandemic 4 months later. Probably Bidens fault

So now your narrative is changing from he didn't start soon enough to now its too late. He started when it became clear that China and the WHO had lied. What is it too late for? Fauci thinks that we can turn the corner.

And this virus, like the flu, is not going away. We can, like the flu, mitigate it and contain it to a degree with vaccines and a degree of herd immunity, and further research.

Everything is wonderful in Tweety's world until there is a problem,

It's wonderful for most folks until there is a problem.

then he finds someone to blame.

It's good to find out who did it.

"I take no responsibility at all"

It used to be annoying, but is now farcical how you keep repeating that quote as if Trump constantly says it. The only time I recall it being used by him was in regards to to the CDC's lag in providing test kits. And, as an Atlantic article pointed out " in full context, Trump was referring only to the test kits." And, as well, the Atlantic article further said "in full context, and most-sympathetically read—[it] had a meaning you could understand and perhaps defend. None of that context or meaning survived . . . [and] . . . went from being [a phrase] to [a]weaponized symbol . . . You, in effect, are lying and stripping it of it's original context and weaponizing it in order to constantly bash Trump.

"You'll have to ask my lawyer"

That's a perfectly good thing to say. There are times when a lawyer should do the answering.

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency.”
That was pitiful attempt at diplomacy. He still had hopes of securing a trade deal with China. I've said many times that China was in no position to make a fair deal, unless the CCP wanted to commit political suicide. I think, rightly so, that has all gone sour now. But, who knows, if Trump gets re-elected, much to China's chagrin, and the rest of the world wises up about China's intentions, the CCP may have to come to some agreement or face a revolt.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #303
detbuch

Quote:
The President appoints political heads of the bureaucracy, some appointments by law need to be approved by Congress, he’s been failing to perform the required appointments. He’s also blocking the Constitutionally required congressional oversight of his administration. He is responsible for the spending of funds appropriated by Congress.

Oh man . . . this is typical political in fighting between branches of government and the duel between political agendas.
You think Obama didn't do this? Or many other "Great" Presidents?

Contrary to his belief he doesn’t have great powers but does have great responsibility.
Unfortunately as I expected he has failed to rise to the occasion in any problem he has confronted, that’s the definition of a failed president.
That's your definition and your application. You may be partly right and greatly wrong. In either case, it's not enough to make anyone who really doesn't want the far left Progressives to get power vote for Biden.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:36 PM   #304
Pete F.
Canceled

70% of Americans and the rest of the world see Tweety’s failure to live up to his responsibility.
Nobody told me, it’s not my job and either failing to listen or picking #^&#^&#^&#^&ty advisors who won’t tell you anything you don’t want to hear would get any executive in business removed.
I expect it will work that way for Tweety too
Old 08-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #305
detbuch

Quote:
70% of Americans and the rest of the world see Tweety’s failure to live up to his responsibility.
Nobody told me, it’s not my job and either failing to listen or picking #^&#^&#^&#^&ty advisors who won’t tell you anything you don’t want to hear would get any executive in business removed.
I expect it will work that way for Tweety too
Polls and people often get it wrong. Your negativity doesn't change the dynamics--it's going to be the Progressives vs. Trump. With all his warts and pimples, Trump is the only sane choice.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #306
Pete F.
Canceled

Tonight with Pandemic raging, millions of people out of work, and the president is is going to address it from his country club with a bunch of wealthy members who pay him personally.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #307
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

4 more years

Ivanka 2024
Old 08-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #308
detbuch

Quote:
Tonight with Pandemic raging, millions of people out of work, and the president is is going to address it from his country club with a bunch of wealthy members who pay him personally.
Terrible as you try to make it seem, still no rational reason to vote for Biden.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #309
detbuch

Apparently, those who think that the rest of the world has moved away from hydroxychloroquine for covid are misinformed: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ve-therapy-do/
Old 08-07-2020, 09:21 PM   #310
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump: “We’re doing very well.”

Coronavirus deaths over the last 7 days:

Australia: 70
Canada: 37
France: 51
Germany: 49
Italy: 55
Japan: 27
Spain: 57
Sweden: 27
UK: 414

US: 7,189
Old 08-07-2020, 09:39 PM   #311
detbuch

Quote:
Trump: “We’re doing very well.”

Coronavirus deaths over the last 7 days:

Australia: 70
Canada: 37
France: 51
Germany: 49
Italy: 55
Japan: 27
Spain: 57
Sweden: 27
UK: 414

US: 7,189
Would be similar numbers if Biden were President. No reason to vote in the way left Progressives.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:16 AM   #312
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Would be similar numbers if Biden were President. No reason to vote in the way left Progressives.
Looking forward to the WH Counsel and DOJ explaining what legislation or constitutional provision permits a president through executive order to order unemployment insurance expenditures unauthorized by Congress.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-08-2020, 05:18 AM   #313
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Looking forward to the WH Counsel and DOJ explaining what legislation or constitutional provision permits a president through executive order to order unemployment insurance expenditures unauthorized by Congress.
President Biden is looking forward to this taxing and spending power he didn't even know Republicans were fine with him having.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #314
detbuch

Quote:

It's probably a ploy to elicit Pelosi and Schumer to
stop him because he doesn't have the power to do it, but then they'll look bad because they won't agree to extend the insurance, and they'll darn sure stop Trump from doing so.

President Biden is looking forward to this taxing and spending power he didn't even know Republicans were fine with him having.
That's a hoot. Progressives got this presidential power grab through unconstitutional exec. orders going a long time ago. We, on the "right" here have been warning that there would be a time when all the unconstitutional power that Progressives have shifted to the federal government would be under the reins of someone they feared.

But that won't stop them from making the shift complete. Any help in doing so by Trump will not go unappreciated. It doesn't seem to bother you. You're all in for President Biden, along with Pelosi, Schumer, and the rising Squad to help finish the job of making the federal government the go to solver for any and all problems, even the ones they create in greater quantity along the way.

And, of course, it's a given for you that they will solve everything that ails us . . . because they're smarter and better. That it might seem, on the surface, that problems have intensified under unconstitutional federal direction, that's just a mirage. It's like that you've got to crack eggs to make an omellete thing. In the long run, you and your eggs don't matter. An all powerful government that will tell us what is good for us, and make us do it--that is what's important. Because we are not capable of making our own omelletes.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-08-2020 at 09:55 AM..
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #315
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump: [farts during a speech]

Detbuch: Only leftist elitists would claim that the President passed gas, when in fact his butthole was clearly speaking in the ancient Juncfood dialect of the Amirite language used in Syria 3,000 years ago.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #316
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’re keeping track
Obama issued 276 executive orders over eight years. Before today, Trump had issued 177 over less than four. That's almost a 40% increase in the rate of issuance.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #317
detbuch

Quote:
Trump: [farts during a speech]

Detbuch: Only leftist elitists would claim that the President passed gas, when in fact his butthole was clearly speaking in the ancient Juncfood dialect of the Amirite language used in Syria 3,000 years ago.
You almost got it right . . . except for about 32 words. What, BTW, is juncfood?
Old 08-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #318
detbuch

Quote:
If you’re keeping track
Obama issued 276 executive orders over eight years. Before today, Trump had issued 177 over less than four. That's almost a 40% increase in the rate of issuance.
Not keeping track. Meaningless numbers is your forte. It's not the number of EO's that matter. It's the constitutionality of each. An EO that falls within the power given to the executive branch in the Constitution is constitutional. When the EO started to be used by Progressives outside the constitutional power granted to the President, especially in the FDR presidency, it became an overused method to circumvent the role and wishes of Congress. That Precedent has been set with a vengeance.

A lot of Trump's EO's were removal of executive orders made by Obama. But, as some of us have been saying on this forum, those happy with the EO's made by Progressives (specifically by Obama) there would come a time when someone would come to power that they didn't like. Welcome to your political Frankenstein.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-09-2020 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #319
PaulS

Quote:
If you’re keeping track
When Obama did it, it was the end of the world. Now, not so much.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #320
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
When Obama did it, it was the end of the world. Now, not so much.
Well, it it's not so much, then why did Pete bring it up?
Old 08-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #321
PaulS

Quote:
Show the hypocrisy of the right
Old 08-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #322
detbuch

Quote:
Show the hypocrisy of the right
So then, according to Pete, it was much.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #323
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you’re keeping track
so whats the magic number that’s ok? lemme guess, obamas
number is perfectly acceptable, but trumps isn’t?
Old 08-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #324
PaulS

5 million cases now. Please, I want to stop winning. I'm getting tired of it.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #325
detbuch

Quote:
I'm getting tired of it.
We do have pills for that.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #326
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Silly boy, the same people who screamed about Obama doing EOs
Welcome Tweety’s overreach, much like deficits and the usual Republican economic collapse

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #327
Jim in CT

Quote:
5 million cases now. Please, I want to stop winning. I'm getting tired of it.
how many are trumps fault?
Old 08-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #328
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep this in mind
It has come to this: Even the Canadians don't want us. Cars with US plates are vandalized and Americans sneaking across the border face fines as high as six figures.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #329
detbuch

Quote:
Keep this in mind
It has come to this: Even the Canadians don't want us. Cars with US plates are vandalized and Americans sneaking across the border face fines as high as six figures.
I'll keep that in mind and not care what Canadians don't want. Canadians are more dependent on the U.S than we are on them. They've had an idiotic superiority complex over us since revolutionary days.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #330
detbuch

Quote:
Silly boy, the same people who screamed about Obama doing EOs
Welcome Tweety’s overreach, much like deficits and the usual Republican economic collapse
Whatever the "same" people screamed about Obama doing EOs is irrelevant to me. If you're talking to me, forget about the "same" people. My objection to EOs is not their existence or mere use of. It is their unconstitutional use of. And it is of that unconstitutional use that Progressives created a massive precedent. To "scream" now that Trump is doing what Progressives have basically institutionalized smacks of selective criticism, especially hypocritical if your not concerned with Progressives gaining control of the federal government.

Trump is not the problem in that respect. Progressivism is. And any little move, even by electing Republicans instead of Democrats, to help put some brakes on the Progressive march to unlimited power, would seem to be a welcome one to you if you truly oppose unconstitutional use of EOs along with the rest of the Progressive abuse of the Constitution.

Any unconstitutional move by Trump can be opposed by suing it in the Courts. If it makes its way to the Supreme, then the four dyed in the wool Progressives along with Roberts and most of the original constitutionalist Judges if not all will strike it down. If the court is packed with Progressive picks, it will uphold unconstitutional acts by Progressive legislators and Progressive Presidents.

That is the issue, not Trump or Biden.