Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-07-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
RickBomba

Our President...Empath in Chief

Balls in mouth:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/polit...rus/index.html

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-07-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Reporter notes that people in the room are not wearing masks, this gets a round of booing, and Trump calls the room “a peaceful protest“ and that “political activity is an exception“ because Back Nines Matter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-08-2020, 12:47 AM   #3
RickBomba

Just like the song goes,

“If You’re Gonna be Dumb, You Better Be Rich.”
Old 08-08-2020, 05:51 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Aside from the clear public health issues, the optics of Tweety addressing his country club members who pay at up to $350,000 to join while millions of Americans don't know how they'll cover rent this month as expanded unemployment benefits have expired is—an interesting choice.
Tomorrow's fundraiser is in the Hamptons
Old 08-08-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Aside from the clear public health issues, the optics of Tweety addressing his country club members who pay at up to $350,000 to join while millions of Americans don't know how they'll cover rent this month as expanded unemployment benefits have expired is—an interesting choice.
Tomorrow's fundraiser is in the Hamptons
How dare they be rich while others suffer. Hmmm . . . there's a familiar ring to that . . . like something from the past . . .like some violent revolutions that didn't work out that well.

I believe they now have some really rich folks in Russia, China, and France.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
spence

Couldn’t happen to a bigger douchebag hypocrite.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Couldn’t happen to a bigger douchebag hypocrite.
Deep stuff.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #8
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Deep stuff.
Not as deep as his combover or growing waistline.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Not as deep as his combover or growing waistline.
Yeah, those are pretty profound. His hairwork was intentional. The gut was probably not welcomed.

Biden's makeovers were deeper and more successful, although as obvious as Trump's gut.

According to The Daily Mail "Former Vice President Joe Biden has undergone numerous cosmetic procedures to alter his appearance, including Botox, hair transplants, and dental work, plastic surgeons say.

Surgeons say that Biden, 76, who polls show is the front runner in the race for the Democratic nomination for president, began to look noticeably different during the 2008 campaign.

That was when the then-senator from Delaware allegedly altered his hairline, filled in the wrinkles on his face and forehead, and installed dental veneers.

Biden is a totally phony humanoid. Nothing about him is real, not his body, not his appearance, not his ideas, not his politics, he is a total Democrat Party tool. He has not only shape shifted his body, he has shifted from phony "centrist, moderate" toward phony radical leftist who likes AOC type new green deals, gun grabbing, Marxists orgs like BLM, and who knows what else that he and his handlers think will get him votes. If he wins, he'll just be the figurehead tool that transfers power back to the Progressives and the real leaders of leftist Progressivism will be in control. And when that happens, Trump will not look all that bad.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:13 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe Biden is a devout catholic and regularly attends Sunday service.

The last time Trump went to church, he gassed peaceful Americans.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

no, he’s not a devout catholic. by definition, you cannot be a catholic in good standing, and believe in abortion. he can call himself a devout catholic, that doesn’t make it so. sorry.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Yo Semites, Thighland, Minneanopolis, plosma, totallyterrytism, Ulysseus S. Grant, America's frownders -- these and more are all from Trump. And he and his lackeys are trying to convince you it's Biden who's cognitively challenged?
Old 08-09-2020, 08:19 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
no, he’s not a devout catholic. by definition, you cannot be a catholic in good standing, and believe in abortion. he can call himself a devout catholic, that doesn’t make it so. sorry.
About 50% of Catholics support choice, that’s a lot of communion wafers being consumed by sinners.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

The Rev. John Stowe has long been critical of President Donald Trump, and the Catholic bishop of the Diocese of Lexington did not hold back in recent comments about what it means to be pro-life.

In a live video chat July 31 with the International Catholic Movement for Intellectual and Cultural Affairs, Stowe said Trump is “so much anti-life.”
“For this president to call himself pro-life, and for anybody to back him because of claims of being pro-life, is almost willful ignorance,” Stowe said. “He is so much anti-life because he is only concerned about himself, and he gives us every, every, every indication of that.”
Old 08-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Stowe channeled previous comments made by Pope Francis in saying why Trump should not be considered pro-life.

“Pope Francis has given us a great definition of what pro-life means,” Stowe said. “He basically tells us we can’t claim to be pro-life if we support the separation of children from their parents at the U.S. border, if we support exposing people at the border to COVID-19 because of the facilities that they’re in, if we support denying people who have need to adequate health care access to health care, if we keep people from getting the housing or the education that they need, we cannot call ourselves pro-life.”

Hmmm
Old 08-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:

Are you saying that claiming to be a devout Catholic and regularly going to church absolves anyone from being a total phony?

When Christ threw out the moneychangers from the Temple and when he said that "many will seek to enter into Heaven, but only a few will be allowed" he was telling us that the majority of those professing to be faithful are hypocrites.

Biden is a hypocrite, a total phony. And his physical makeover with the Botox, hair transplants, and dental work makes Trump's "combover," that Rick referred to, look like amateur child's play. Biden is far better than Trump at the slick, political, phony, attempt to look like and be something he isn't.

But that isn't the important issue in the upcoming election. What we will be deciding is if the Progressive project of instituting an unlimited form of government will be made more possible.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Are you saying that claiming to be a devout Catholic and regularly going to church absolves anyone from being a total phony?

When Christ threw out the moneychangers from the Temple and when he said that "many will seek to enter into Heaven, but only a few will be allowed" he was telling us that the majority of those professing to be faithful are hypocrites.

Biden is a hypocrite, a total phony. And his physical makeover with the Botox, hair transplants, and dental work makes Trump's "combover," that Rick referred to, look like amateur child's play. Biden is far better than Trump at the slick, political, phony, attempt to look like and be something he isn't.

But that isn't the important issue in the upcoming election. What we will be deciding is if the Progressive project of instituting an unlimited form of government will be made more possible.
Anger leads to sin.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Anger leads to sin.
More deep thoughts. You could have a come to Jesus . . . maybe become an Evangelist.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
About 50% of Catholics support choice, that’s a lot of communion wafers being consumed by sinners.
0% of actual catholics support abortion. people who call themselves catholic can believe anything they want. but opposing abortion is a binding belief of catholics, and binding belief means exactly what it says.

i can say i belong to PETA, but if i also run dog fighting, am i actually a member of PETA?
Old 08-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
0% of actual catholics support abortion. people who call themselves catholic can believe anything they want. but opposing abortion is a binding belief of catholics, and binding belief means exactly what it says.

i can say i belong to PETA, but if i also run dog fighting, am i actually a member of PETA?
Ok, so instead of the Church being a congregation let's say it's what its leadership says it is...the same leadership that has covered up decades of rampant sexual abuse within the clergy.

Nice one Jim.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
More deep thoughts. You could have a come to Jesus . . . maybe become an Evangelist.
You're getting angrier by the day. Now Biden is fake because he had work on his teeth? That's just really petty. Have you been reading Teen Vogue?
Old 08-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok, so instead of the Church being a congregation let's say it's what its leadership says it is...the same leadership that has covered up decades of rampant sexual abuse within the clergy.

Nice one Jim.
spence, you don’t know everything about everything. catholicism is made up of
binding beliefs and
non binding beliefs. the catechism is crystal
clear, opposing abortion is a binding belief, and you are outside the church for opposing that belief. it’s crystal clear grounds for excommunication. some bishops give a pass to famous people, just as some parents goal
is to be their kids’ friend instead of their guardian.

biden is an unprincipled
whore who wants every vote. so he and pelosi go to catholic mass on sunday and embrace convenience abortion on monday. he’s absolutely, 100% putting himself outside the church. that is irrefutable. unless you care about ideology more than truth.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

Nice one Jim.
what % of current leadership has been accused? since you l
ow everything?

and if the entire leadership can be blamed for the actions of a few scumbags, does that mean all democrats like you, are responsible for the feral and violent riots taking place? if not, why not?

spence, again, show us you’re not a brain dead, thoughtless msnbc parrot. tell us some big issues in which you disagree with democrats? we’re all ears. you keep dodging that question. how come?
Old 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
You're getting angrier by the day.

You must be getting so angry you have to accuse me of being angry.

Now Biden is fake because he had work on his teeth? That's just really petty. Have you been reading Teen Vogue?
You started that whole hypocrite nonsense with your "Couldn’t happen to a bigger douchebag hypocrite."

To this alleged hypocrisy I replied sarcastically, "deep stuff."

To which Rick responded "Not as deep as his combover or growing waistline."

To which I pointed out that Biden's botox, hair transplants, and dental work were more thoroughly fake than Trump's "combover." And that Biden's fakery extended to not only being deeper than his physical phony self remodeling, but to his inconsistent ideas and his changing to suit the moment politics.

And to all that you come up with a fake accusation that I'm saying Biden is phony just because of his dental "work" (which was a total cosmetic reconfiguration of his teeth in order to look prettier than he is).

Your a real phony piece of mental work.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
spence, you don’t know everything about everything. catholicism is made up of
binding beliefs and
non binding beliefs. the catechism is crystal
clear, opposing abortion is a binding belief, and you are outside the church for opposing that belief. it’s crystal clear grounds for excommunication. some bishops give a pass to famous people, just as some parents goal
is to be their kids’ friend instead of their guardian.

biden is an unprincipled
whore who wants every vote. so he and pelosi go to catholic mass on sunday and embrace convenience abortion on monday. he’s absolutely, 100% putting himself outside the church. that is irrefutable. unless you care about ideology more than truth.
No abortion worries when your sticking your Johnson into to backside of your next alter boy in the line of many. Religion is responsible for so many deaths throughout time and it’s filled to the top of the chalice with hypocrisy.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:23 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No abortion worries when your sticking your Johnson into to backside of your next alter boy in the line of many. Religion is responsible for so many deaths throughout time and it’s filled to the top of the chalice with hypocrisy.
so in your mind then, where does that leave biden? he acts very weird around women, has a rape accusation against him that’s a whole lot more credible than anything brought against Kavanaugh, now biden calls himself a catholic, a group
you say is filled with pedophiles and hypocrites. so given all that, on what basis can you vote for biden i’m good conscience?

have fun with that.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
the perverts need to be dealt with for sure. but the catholic church is also he largest non governmental provider of charitable
relief on the planet. does that matter at all? just curious.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
the perverts need to be dealt with for sure. but the catholic church is also he largest non governmental provider of charitable
relief on the planet. does that matter at all? just curious.
Well considering the lives lost over time in the name of religion, they all have a long debt to pay and it’s not paid in full or even close.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Well considering the lives lost over time in the name of religion, they all have a long debt to pay and it’s not paid in full or even close.
You calling for Catholic Church reparations? I thought there was a lot of that going on in the Courts.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No I’m calling religion the sham it is, how many lives lost and damaged over what?