Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #31
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So everybody is stupid. Great. There goes your common sense argument.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Look at you, listening to the voices in your head telling you to hear things that were never said.

Not that there’s not plenty of “Stupid” Free-Ranging out there.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Look at you, listening to the voices in your head telling you to hear things that were never said.

Not that there’s not plenty of “Stupid” Free-Ranging out there.
I.e. dodge
Old 08-05-2020, 08:27 PM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I.e. dodge
You are the master

Old 08-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Because nothing says Catholic like guns. And because when I think of Jesus, l naturally think of firearms, like the one he used to defend himself against the Roman centurions.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:17 PM   #35
Sea Dangles

I like the dialogue here tonight. I also think we learned a lot about each other. Is PeteF allowed to start threads in other forums? His insight is always enlightening as well as refreshing. It is nice to see he and Jeff agree politically as well as philosophically for a change. Surely cut from the same cloth. Good stuff

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
It’s Unicorn Racism

It only exists in his imagination

found another Unicorn ... and if you think a white family would have been treated the same way .. your in denial and Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism is strong in you

but many here were upset with Armed officers arresting Roger Stone.. and started a thread about it? as if he was treated like these people .. the line from the chief that's our protocol call .. seems common sense is contraband.. is also a protocol

Can't wait for the usual suggestions on How the Family should have done this or that ,

Last edited by wdmso; 08-06-2020 at 08:37 AM..
Old 08-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #37
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Would you like me to tell you where you can put your Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism, because I'm pretty sure there is plenty of room for it there.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
found another Unicorn ... and if you think a white family would have been treated the same way .. your in denial and Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism is strong in you

but many here were upset with Armed officers arresting Roger Stone.. and started a thread about it? as if he was treated like these people .. the line from the chief that's our protocol call .. seems common sense is contraband.. is also a protocol

Can't wait for the usual suggestions on How the Family should have done this or that ,

Did the licence plate the officers responded to indicate that the drivers were black?
Old 08-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Would you like me to tell you where you can put your Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism, because I'm pretty sure there is plenty of room for it there.
I think wdmso read or heard about unintentional racism and it sounded real good to him so he will insert the notion every chance he gets. I looked it up, and, to me it is basically typical sociology nonsense.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Democratic convention will feature a tribute to John Lewis. Meanwhile Republican operatives are sneaking around trying to get Kanye West on the ballot to divert a few votes from Joe Biden. I'm afraid this says it all about the two parties' attitudes towards Black Americans.
The riots taking place in many major cities, fueled by baseless claims that Floyd was killed because he was black, that says nothing about the current state of the DNC?

I like the examples you picked. Very representative of all that's going on.

If only the DNC would dedicate 5 seconds to black on black violence, and the fatherlessness that causes it.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you guys are missing the obvious, that many black people believe if the police detain them they're going to die. If you're on something that would just exacerbate the situation. The George Floyd incident was not misreported at all.
It wasn't reported as being based on race? Not at all?
Old 08-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, they don’t. It’s just that you hear from the loud obnoxious ones all the time.
That is EXACTLY correct. .
Old 08-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you guys are missing the obvious, that many black people believe if the police detain them they're going to die. If you're on something that would just exacerbate the situation. The George Floyd incident was not misreported at all.
"many black people believe if the police detain them they're going to die"

I agree they think that.

But is it supported by the data? How many cooperative black detainees get killed in police custody?

Liberals are wildly distorting the threat posed by police, and doing it to win elections (who cares that the byproduct is a few murdered cops). The Washington Post says that 9 unarmed blacks were killed by police in the country in 2019. Yet its spun as an epidemic.

The media doesn't ever report on the facts, because the facts don't support The Narrative.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:55 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"many black people believe if the police detain them they're going to die"

I agree they think that.

But is it supported by the data? How many cooperative black detainees get killed in police custody?
yeah I'd like to see the numbers on how many actually believe if they are detained they are going to die....that's a pretty racist assumption suggesting that people aren't smart enough to know that this is simply not the case....

stay woke...
Old 08-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Those foolish people, just worried about nothing.

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina -- who is the only African-American Republican in U.S. Senate -- delivered an emotional floor speech Wednesday about the unfair police scrutiny he has faced over his life because he is a black man.

"In the course of one year, I've been stopped seven times by law enforcement," Scott said. "Not four, not five, not six, but seven times in one year as an elected official."
The speech was the second of three the conservative first-term senator is delivering this week related to the fatal shootings of two African-American men by white police officers and the sniper attack that killed five Dallas police officers by a black man angry over police mistreatment of African-Americans.

Scott described this speech as "the most difficult because it is the most personal."
"In many cities and towns across America, there is a deep divide between the black community and law enforcement. A trust gap, a tension that has been growing for decades. And as a family, one American family, we cannot ignore these issues," Scott said.
"I can certainly remember the very first time that I was pulled over by a police officer as just a youngster. I was driving a car that had an improper headlight," Scott said. "The cop came over to my car, hand on his gun and said, 'Boy, don't you know your headlight is not working properly?' I felt embarrassed, ashamed, and scared, very scared."
Holding up two fingers, Scott said there were times when he was pulled over that he was speeding.
"But the vast majority of the time I was pulled over for nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood or some other reason just as trivial," he said.
Scott described drawing the attention of a police officer once as he drove out of a shopping mall. The cop pulled right behind Scott and followed him as he drove home, taking three left turns along the way.
"Finally, I took a fourth left coming into my apartment complex and then the blue lights went on. The officer approached the car and said that I did not -- I did not use my turn signal on the fourth turn," Scott said. "Do you really think that somehow I forgot to use my turn signal on the fourth turn?"
Another time Scott says he was pulled over by an officer who accused him of stealing the car he was driving. The senator recounted how his brother, who was a high-ranking enlisted man in the Army, was accused of the same thing when he was driving home one day in a Volvo.
Scott also described the plight of a former staffer who sold his "nice car" because he was so "tired of being targeted" by suspicious police.
"Imagine the frustration, the irritation, the sense of loss of dignity that accompanies each of those stops, even here on Capitol Hill," Scott said.
Scott said he has even faced problems with U.S. Capitol Police as he has arrived at work. The officers are trained to recognize all lawmakers but Scott said he has faced "attitude" and forced to show his identification to get in. On three separate occasions, he has received calls of apology from a supervisor or the chief of the Capitol Police over the way he was treated, Scott said.
In his speech, Scott also praised police and the dangerous work they do.
"There is never, ever an acceptable reason to harm a member of our law enforcement community," he said.
At the end of his speech, Scott pleaded with Americans who don't face racism not to ignore the plight of those who do.
"Recognize that just because you do not feel the pain, the anguish of another, does not mean it does not exist. To ignore their struggles, our struggles, does not make them disappear. It simply leaves you blind and the American family very vulnerable," he said.
"Some search so hard to explain away injustice that they are slowly wiping away who we are as a nation. But we must come together to fulfill what we all know is possible here in America: Peace, love, and understanding. Fairness," Scott said.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #46
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

And yet he's still alive to tell his tale.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Those foolish people, just worried about nothing.

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina -- who is the only African-American Republican in U.S. Senate -- delivered an emotional floor speech Wednesday about the unfair police scrutiny he has faced over his life because he is a black man.

"In the course of one year, I've been stopped seven times by law enforcement," Scott said. "Not four, not five, not six, but seven times in one year as an elected official."
The speech was the second of three the conservative first-term senator is delivering this week related to the fatal shootings of two African-American men by white police officers and the sniper attack that killed five Dallas police officers by a black man angry over police mistreatment of African-Americans.

Scott described this speech as "the most difficult because it is the most personal."
"In many cities and towns across America, there is a deep divide between the black community and law enforcement. A trust gap, a tension that has been growing for decades. And as a family, one American family, we cannot ignore these issues," Scott said.
"I can certainly remember the very first time that I was pulled over by a police officer as just a youngster. I was driving a car that had an improper headlight," Scott said. "The cop came over to my car, hand on his gun and said, 'Boy, don't you know your headlight is not working properly?' I felt embarrassed, ashamed, and scared, very scared."
Holding up two fingers, Scott said there were times when he was pulled over that he was speeding.
"But the vast majority of the time I was pulled over for nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood or some other reason just as trivial," he said.
Scott described drawing the attention of a police officer once as he drove out of a shopping mall. The cop pulled right behind Scott and followed him as he drove home, taking three left turns along the way.
"Finally, I took a fourth left coming into my apartment complex and then the blue lights went on. The officer approached the car and said that I did not -- I did not use my turn signal on the fourth turn," Scott said. "Do you really think that somehow I forgot to use my turn signal on the fourth turn?"
Another time Scott says he was pulled over by an officer who accused him of stealing the car he was driving. The senator recounted how his brother, who was a high-ranking enlisted man in the Army, was accused of the same thing when he was driving home one day in a Volvo.
Scott also described the plight of a former staffer who sold his "nice car" because he was so "tired of being targeted" by suspicious police.
"Imagine the frustration, the irritation, the sense of loss of dignity that accompanies each of those stops, even here on Capitol Hill," Scott said.
Scott said he has even faced problems with U.S. Capitol Police as he has arrived at work. The officers are trained to recognize all lawmakers but Scott said he has faced "attitude" and forced to show his identification to get in. On three separate occasions, he has received calls of apology from a supervisor or the chief of the Capitol Police over the way he was treated, Scott said.
In his speech, Scott also praised police and the dangerous work they do.
"There is never, ever an acceptable reason to harm a member of our law enforcement community," he said.
At the end of his speech, Scott pleaded with Americans who don't face racism not to ignore the plight of those who do.
"Recognize that just because you do not feel the pain, the anguish of another, does not mean it does not exist. To ignore their struggles, our struggles, does not make them disappear. It simply leaves you blind and the American family very vulnerable," he said.
"Some search so hard to explain away injustice that they are slowly wiping away who we are as a nation. But we must come together to fulfill what we all know is possible here in America: Peace, love, and understanding. Fairness," Scott said.
Right, because getting pulled over for no reason, is the same as being murdered. Talk about moving the goalposts!

I have no doubt that blacks are more likely to get pulled over for no good reason, than whites. We can, and should, work on that.

That's not what caused the riots and mayhem the last 2 months. That was caused by liberals lying, saying that the police in this country have declared a race war against blacks, and are murdering them in meaningful numbers.

A carefully orchestrated diversion, to distract attention away from the fact that liberalism has done a thousand times more harm to the black community, than the police will ever do.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now that you mention it!
Old 08-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So, it's OK as long as they don't get killed. Just profiled.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:

so why is it more appropriate to blame all cops for the actions of a tiny tiny number within their ranks, than it is to hold all blacks accountable for what a small number of bad apples in their ranks do?

Pete, can you provide any evidence at all, and i mean anything, to suggest that race played a role in Floyd’s death? did his own scumbaggery play any role?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
The George Floyd incident was not misreported at all.
headline: that racism led to his death.

evidence to support that: zip.

I could post 50 of these if you’d like.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...anada-52928304
Old 08-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

If it was only one case.............
If it was only one officer...........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 01:42 PM   #53
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said

Old 08-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
If it was only one case.............
If it was only one officer...........
again, using YOUR logic, why can't we hold all blacks accountable for what happens in Chicago and Baltimore? After all, more blacks kill other blacks, than cops who kill unarmed citizens?

How would you begin to squirm your way out of that question?
Old 08-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I said
They like responding to things that were never said, don't they?
Old 08-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #56
wdmso

As expected not one if of tbe usual suspects see anything wrong with what happen to these people . ..

Car theifs allways steal cars with their children .. and 6 year old may be packing a piece you never know...

I'll even give them the benfit of the doubt when they 1st approached with weapons drawn .. i get it

But they never adjusted their treatment when they saw their were children .. now i know why the police don't care they have citizens like you all who excuse away their behavior because it hasn't happened to you.. it amazing to read your responses you dont disappoint 👏
Old 08-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I'm not commenting on "These people", I'm commenting on George Floyd.

And I've had a cop draw a gun on me before, you know what I did, exactly what he told me to do. That's how it works.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
As expected not one if of tbe usual suspects see anything wrong with what happen to these people . ..

are you disabled? or just a liar?

read. my. post. i said there’s a chance a crime was committed, meaning that there’s a chance there was misconduct.

please show us any evidence at all, any at all, that race played a factor. you can’t. because there isn’t any. and you can’t admit it, because it doesn’t serve the narrative.

zero evidence of racism at work. absolutely zilch. the riots were based on a lie. .
Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:

read. my. post. i said there’s a chance a crime was committed, meaning that there’s a chance there was misconduct.

please show us any evidence at all, any at all, that race played a factor. you can’t. because there isn’t any. and you can’t admit it, because it doesn’t serve the narrative.

zero evidence of racism at work. absolutely zilch. the riots were based on a lie. .
Old 08-07-2020, 04:10 AM   #60
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

My comment was towards the incident with the car full of children.. follow along..
But since you brought it up

to even suggest theres a chance of misconduct. Says volumes! And not your objectivity, and the video doesn't show racism ? How would it . A racial slur ? A white hood? By making that claim you have zero maybe less than zero how racism works . you should have just said it is what it is ..

Because for blacks its just that ,and has been for decades.. all you need to do is listen.. but blaming them is easier you've proven that constantly going on and on about b on b crime family units so on and so forth.. as if no other influence impacts their lives . Because you believe the fantasy that all men are created equal and everone starts at the 1 yard line..

I cant spell or write well i am guilty but man you need to go back and take a history lesson . Not the whitewashed version