Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #1
wdmso

even the right has its own cancel culture

Jerry Falwell, a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump, said he would take an indefinite leave of absence from Liberty University in Virginia.

The college board did not provide a reason for the move.

Mr Falwell had conceded the Instagram photo was "weird", but defended it as "all in good fun".

lets see how this plays out and how forgiving the flock will be.. Are they on Epstine Island
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	world-us-canada-53703294.png
Views:	436
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	67260  
Old 08-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
wdmso

Seems all Trumps boot lickers spread the same message ... on March 13, Falwell promoted a conspiracy theory that North Korea and China conspired together to create the coronavirus.[20] He also said that people were overreacting to the coronavirus outbreak and that Democrats were trying to use the situation to harm President Trump.[19]

So china north Korea democrats and over reactors have all conspire d to Harm Trump...

Imagine that
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems all Trumps boot lickers spread the same message ... on March 13, Falwell promoted a conspiracy theory that North Korea and China conspired together to create the coronavirus.[20] He also said that people were overreacting to the coronavirus outbreak and that Democrats were trying to use the situation to harm President Trump.[19]

So china north Korea democrats and over reactors have all conspire d to Harm Trump...

Imagine that
Not that hard to imagine. A bit over the top and unlikely that China and NK created the coronavirus together. And not likely that our anti-Trumpers are conspiring with China and NK.

But it's not hard to imagine that China was, at the least, unconcerned about letting the virus spread before it told us it existed as the monster it is. And it is not hard to imagine that China, NK, and anti-Trumpers want to harm Trump, and are doing it in various ways. Take, for example, PeteF. He's doing his darnedest to harm Trump.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Not that hard to imagine. A bit over the top and unlikely that China and NK created the coronavirus together. And not likely that our anti-Trumpers are conspiring with China and NK.

But it's not hard to imagine that China was, at the least, unconcerned about letting the virus spread before it told us it existed as the monster it is. And it is not hard to imagine that China, NK, and anti-Trumpers want to harm Trump, and are doing it in various ways. Take, for example, PeteF. He's doing his darnedest to harm Trump.
None of it's hard to imagine when the right loves conspiracy theories and when conventional information like Truth and facts fail to support their arguments they jump effortlessly to lies half truths and alternative facts and keep pounding a square peg in a round hole , and you and others get upset when Pete and others point it out ..

Petes not harming Trump. Trumps harming Trump. But the faithful are slow to acknowledge they've been played
Old 08-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
RickBomba

Quote:
None of it's hard to imagine when the right loves conspiracy theories and when conventional information like Truth and facts fail to support their arguments they jump effortlessly to lies half truths and alternative facts and keep pounding a square peg in a round hole , and you and others get upset when Pete and others point it out ..

Petes not harming Trump. Trumps harming Trump. But the faithful are slow to acknowledge they've been played
You know how the song goes, Wayno.

If you’re gonna be dumb,
You better be tough.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:

The Truth and facts supported their (the "right") arguments re the collusion affair. And more truth and facts keep coming out to buttress those arguments. It turns out that the real phony conspiracy theory was that Trump conspired with the Russians to win his election.

Pete and others are the ones who provided alternative facts that have been disproved (debunked, to use a word you like). And you and they get upset when I and others point that out.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
The Truth and facts supported their (the "right") arguments re the collusion affair. And more truth and facts keep coming out to buttress those arguments. It turns out that the real phony conspiracy theory was that Trump conspired with the Russians to win his election.

Pete and others are the ones who provided alternative facts that have been disproved (debunked, to use a word you like). And you and they get upset when I and others point that out.
I know... no one spoke to the Russians no one lied about talking to the Russians
Trump never asked for Russian help .. none of it happened like I said alternative facts

Ps it was an investigation Trump and his campaign conspired with the Russians to win the elections. Investigation are what happens and none was found. Yet you'll ingnore obstructed justice part of it .

Cant wait for your take on his latest executive orders
Old 08-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
I know... no one spoke to the Russians

Lots of people spoke to the Russians. It's OK to talk to the Russians. It was Flynn's job to talk to the Russians. His conversations with the Russians were not illegal or treasonous.

no one lied about talking to the Russians

The FBI didn't think he lied. Flynn didn't think he lied. He was not charged nor convicted of treason. His conversation with the Russians were deemed by the FBI to be perfectly legitimate. He confessed to lying under duress. He has changed his plea now that the duress has been removed and he is free to tell the truth. In any case, his coerced confession was immaterial to the actual case against him since he had done nothing wrong and his coerced "lie" didn't affect the fact that he did nothing wrong, nor was it connected to any wrong doing, nor did it cover up any malfeasance. His "lie" was totally immaterial and irrelevant to the nature of the investigation and interrogation of him. The lie was total, unimportant, concocted and coerced BS.

Trump never asked for Russian help ..

He never asked the Russians to interfere with the elections.

none of it happened

Well, yeah, the whole phony, contrived, attempt to get rid of Trump happened.

like I said alternative facts

Yeah, alternative facts that Trump conspired with Russia to affect the election.

Ps it was an investigation Trump and his campaign conspired with the Russians to win the elections.

Yeah, that's your alternative fact.

Investigation are what happens and none was found.

Because there was nothing to be found, other than that there was not sufficient evidence to support the conspiracy that Trump conspired with Russia to affect the election.

Yet you'll ingnore obstructed justice part of it .

I did not ignore that there was not sufficient evidence to prove the conspiracy that Trump obstructed justice.

Cant wait for your take on his latest executive orders
Sure you can.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-08-2020 at 09:31 PM..
Old 08-09-2020, 07:06 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Sure you can.
When you are you going to comment on Jerry Jr rather than hijacking it with but but russia. Did you have an issue with. The bengiza investigation? And how many indictments where given . Oh wait none

34 people he indicted along the way in the Russians investigation such a stand up bunch of people working for this law and order or pardon my friends President
Old 08-09-2020, 07:08 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

The EO that Tweety is giving would have had the Tea party calling for his impeachment.
Understand what’s going on here. If Congress cannot agree then the President gets to do it anyway. Tax policy, social safety net policy, dictating to states unemployment policy, social security... no need for Congress. President/King gets to decide.
Will Tweety’s sycophants in Senate stand for this usurping of their power under Constitution? Are they going to allow destruction of checks & balances in this great nation? Are they ready to accept this new executive power from future Presidents? Speak up. I cant hear you.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:46 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
The FBI didn't think he lied. Flynn didn't think he lied. He was not charged nor convicted of treason. His conversation with the Russians were deemed by the FBI to be perfectly legitimate. He confessed to lying under duress. He has changed his plea now that the duress has been removed and he is free to tell the truth. In any case, his coerced confession was immaterial to the actual case against him since he had done nothing wrong and his coerced "lie" didn't affect the fact that he did nothing wrong, nor was it connected to any wrong doing, nor did it cover up any malfeasance. His "lie" was totally immaterial and irrelevant to the nature of the investigation and interrogation of him. The lie was total, unimportant, concocted and coerced BS.
Pretty much all of this is untrue.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:17 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Detbuch is defending Flynn's right to secretly negotiation with Russia in order to neutralize the U.S.'s efforts to penalize Russia for its efforts to interfere in the 2016 election. I suppose it's a "policy" choice that an incoming administration has a right to make.
Putin’s Puppet and his minions trying to create an autocracy just like Tweety’s heroes
Old 08-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
When you are you going to comment on Jerry Jr rather than hijacking it with but but russia. Did you have an issue with. The bengiza investigation? And how many indictments where given . Oh wait none

34 people he indicted along the way in the Russians investigation such a stand up bunch of people working for this law and order or pardon my friends President
See post #8
Old 08-09-2020, 11:47 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Pretty much all of this is untrue.
Pretty much all of it is true.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:12 PM   #15
RickBomba

Quote:
Pretty much all of it is true.
So, if it’s true, why did Flynn himself admit he was guilty in his plea?

My old man used to say “An innocent man has nothing to hide, and doesn’t stop fighting for his integrity.”

Old 08-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Understand what’s going on here. If Congress cannot agree then the President gets to do it anyway.

That is how the Constitution works. Next step is challenging it to the Supreme Court. Progressive Judges would let it pass if it is Progressive policy set by Progressive President and Congress. Textual originalist would not let it stand.

Tax policy, social safety net policy, dictating to states unemployment policy, social security... no need for Congress. President/King gets to decide.
Will Tweety’s sycophants in Senate stand for this usurping of their power under Constitution? Are they going to allow destruction of checks & balances in this great nation? Are they ready to accept this new executive power from future Presidents? Speak up. I cant hear you.
It is the Progressive dream to eliminate checks and balances. We have been trending Progressive in government for 100 years with intermittent bumps against it along the way. The Progressives have set the precedent for and progressively have made more possible this executive power (which is not new as you claim). After the Dems and the Progressive media, along with the Progressive Repubs, destroyed the Tea Party, they made more possible this nightmare that you seem to fear.

I have been speaking up, and you have not been listening, for quite a while. How about you speak up on how this destruction of the Constitution can be avoided?
Old 08-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #17
RickBomba

Quote:
It is the Progressive dream to eliminate checks and balances. We have been trending Progressive in government for 100 years with intermittent bumps against it along the way. The Progressives have set the precedent for and progressively have made more possible this executive power (which is not new as you claim). After the Dems and the Progressive media, along with the Progressive Repubs, destroyed the Tea Party, they made more possible this nightmare that you seem to fear.

I have been speaking up, and you have not been listening, for quite a while. How about you speak up on how this destruction of the Constitution can be avoided?
I can answer.

#TrumpForPrison2020

Old 08-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
I can answer.

#TrumpForPrison2020
Though that's funny . . . it wouldn't stop the Progressives.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
So, if it’s true, why did Flynn himself admit he was guilty in his plea?

See post #8.

My old man used to say “An innocent man has nothing to hide, and doesn’t stop fighting for his integrity.”
That's true, and Flynn is still fighting.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
That's true, and Flynn is still fighting.
Flynn wasn't under duress, he got caught trying to undermine US policy. He's lucky the plea agreement was as generous as it was. He may be wishing he kept it.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Flynn wasn't under duress,

he was

he got caught trying to undermine US policy. He's lucky the plea agreement was as generous as it was. He may be wishing he kept it.
He was not undermining, he was trying to keep Russia from retaliating over aggressively, but instead to make its response "reciprocal" so that we would not be forced to escalate beyond the present expulsions. Also, it is contended that Flynn lied about discussing the financial sanctions levied by Obama against the Russians. But Flynn did not discuss that with Kislyak, his request to keep the Russian response "reciprocal" was in regard to the expulsion of Russian diplomats. Even President Obama noted that sanctions and expulsions were entirely separate issues. Which is why he didn't believe he actually lied, because the discussion was not about the sanctions. "The transcripts show that while Kislyak obliquely raised the issue of financial sanctions against certain Russian intelligence officials, Flynn himself never discussed the financial sanctions against Russian individuals and entities levied by the Obama administration. Instead, Flynn focused on preventing U.S. “tit-for-tat” escalation following the Obama administration’s expulsion of Russian diplomats."

While Flynn initially pleaded guilty to the charges after Mueller’s office threatened to persecute his son, he moved to withdraw his plea in federal court following the emergence of evidence that the FBI’s ambush interview of him without counsel present was an unlawful setup with no legal investigative predicate and that Mueller’s office improperly withheld exculpatory information from him.

The main thing to understand is that prior to being investigated he did nothing for which there was a valid reason to investigate. That's why he was not charged with anything more than the coerced "lie." What he did before that "lie" was perfectly legal. There was no valid reason to investigate him in the first place. And when the FBI determined that and wanted to close the investigation, it was continued under no valid reason until Flynn could be coerced into "lying."

Last edited by detbuch; 08-09-2020 at 05:14 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Four years after Russia interfered in the election to help Trump, US intel says it is doing the same again. Trump does not warn Russia away & continues to dismiss the threat. In any other time, this would spark bipartisan outrage. US appears no safer today than 2016

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Four years after Russia interfered in the election to help Trump, US intel says it is doing the same again. Trump does not warn Russia away & continues to dismiss the threat. In any other time, this would spark bipartisan outrage. US appears no safer today than 2016
Intel says China favors Biden. China has every bit and more capability to interfere in our elections as Russia has.

So were not safe from Russia today. Russia, not China, is the great threat?
Old 08-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Most of the rest of the world favors Biden other than autocrats

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Most of the rest of the world favors Biden other than autocrats
Yes, well a true Progressive would be far more concerned with the rest of the world than merely in the state or city in which he dwells. Progressives want centralized governance, the more so the better. Just as they believe that centralization would more efficiently (with less of the obstruction the Constitution imposes) make possible a good government that is best capable of solving the needs and problems of all the people, they also believe that a centralized world government would more efficiently and better solve the problems of the people of the world.

Like Progressives such as you, we should all want what most of the rest of the world wants. After all, the rest of the world is so much better than us, and knows what is better for us.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #26
spence

Quote:
The main thing to understand is that prior to being investigated he did nothing for which there was a valid reason to investigate. That's why he was not charged with anything more than the coerced "lie." What he did before that "lie" was perfectly legal. There was no valid reason to investigate him in the first place. And when the FBI determined that and wanted to close the investigation, it was continued under no valid reason until Flynn could be coerced into "lying."
This is such utter horse hockey. Flynn was under an active investigation because of his contacts with Russians which the IG said was justified. The interview was predicated on his meddling in US policy and his cover up which could compromise him as the Russians could prove he was lying.

Funny, The Obama administration is shaking their heads at the lack of a Russian response to sanctions and dismissals, the reality is Flynn's intervening and this is no reason for the FBI to see what the hell is going on???

This would require the complete suspension of logic to believe, or just a corrupt attorney general.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:24 AM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
Intel says China favors Biden. China has every bit and more capability to interfere in our elections as Russia has.

So were not safe from Russia today. Russia, not China, is the great threat?
but "Intel" says China hasn't been actively interfering w/our elections like Russia has.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Three days after officials confirmed that they have intel of a Russian interference plot connected to allies in Ukraine pushing corruption allegations against Biden, Ron Johnson has released a 5200-word, 11-page letter justifying his probe of corruption allegations against Biden.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
This is such utter horse hockey. Flynn was under an active investigation because of his contacts with Russians which the IG said was justified.

He also criticized the FBI's method: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...igate-campaign

The interview was predicated on his meddling in US policy and his cover up which could compromise him as the Russians could prove he was lying.

Funny, The Obama administration is shaking their heads at the lack of a Russian response to sanctions and dismissals, the reality is Flynn's intervening and this is no reason for the FBI to see what the hell is going on???

At the time that you say the Obama administration would be shaking their heads at the lack of a Russian response, the FBI, having eavesdropped on the Kislyak conversations would have known why and would not have needed to further see "what the hell is going on".

This would require the complete suspension of logic to believe, or just a corrupt attorney general.
Flynn didn't meddle in US policy. He meddled in Russian policy. He didn't offer to change US policy. He didn't offer to rescind the decisions on sanctions and dismissals. And he was speaking about the dismissals, not the sanctions: https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/29...against-flynn/

And it is a hoot to say that because of his discussions with Kislyak he would be compromised (subject to Russian bribery). Flynn would have known that Kislyak calls would be eavesdropped on. So there would be no secret that the Russians could use to bribe Flynn.

The FBI had not found any derogatory info on Flynn. So they set up an unauthorized interview with him in which "To better the odds that he would agree to talk and make inaccurate statements that could be portrayed as willful falsehoods, the FBI would not tell him the purpose of the interview. Agents would not formally advise him of his rights, as they would in a normal case, even if they were dealing with a real criminal. They would just buzz him with questions about what exactly was said, in conversations that had occurred weeks before, at a time when Flynn was having hundreds of similar conversations. They would press him about what exact words had been uttered, even though they knew the exact words because they had recordings. They would try to put him in fear that they could prove the falsity of his public statements about not discussing sanctions. They would put him in fear that he could be prosecuted for violating the Logan Act (an absurd suggestion, but Flynn is not a lawyer and many commentators were discussing this moribund, constitutionally suspect provision as if it were a real crime). In the hotly partisan collusion climate of the time, they would make Flynn understand he could be framed as a sinister collaborator with Russia."--Andy McCarthy speculation.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-10-2020 at 11:22 AM..