Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
vanstaal
woody

REMEMBER THIS GUY?

I didn't realize just how much he's missed, until I read and remembered some of the stuff he said... and stood for.

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose..'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because theU.S. was too strong.'
- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'
- Ronald R e agan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'
- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'

- Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' - Ronald Reagan

You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a
Clipboard.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

Best pres of our generation, a definite showman to follow, right or wrong he had us all
Old 08-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
JohnnyD

He was a very good president.

Unfortunately, the Republican party is a far cry from the days of Reagan.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
buckman

Dead on JD. He was the last of a great generation. It's been down hill for America ever since.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Dead on JD. He was the last of a great generation. It's been down hill for America ever since.
Yes indeed, there is no one out there
Old 08-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Regan revived patriotism in the country giving us a purpose larger than ourselves.

Like it's been said," if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."

You are right SM36, there is no one out there.

" Choose Life "