Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #61
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet View Post
I never heard her or anyone else in the "public" sphere attack anyone for being rich. That's a bunch of BS "Class Warfare" rhetoric. .
serioulsy? Where were you during all the Occupy Wall St protests? Did you see all the Dems and Media people supoprting them? Warren clearly said she supports them and their cause.

"I support the message to the establishment," House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said on ABC's "This Week." "Change has to happen. We cannot continue in a way that does not -- that is not relevant to their lives. People are angry."

To Democrats eager for a liberal antidote to the Tea Party energy that lifted Republicans to power last year, the "Occupy" rallies that started in New York last month and have spread to cities nationwide are tempting to embrace.

“Protestors are assembling in New York and around the country to let billionaires, big oil and big bankers know that we’re not going to let the richest 1% force draconian economic policies and massive cuts to crucial programs on Main Street Americans,” the group, the campaign arm of House Democrats, wrote.

I can keep googling but there is tons of evidence of the public sphere attacking the rich.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 06-06-2012 at 03:07 PM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #62
sokinwet

Yes seriously...and I'm sure she does support their cause. And their cause is just what I said it was....spin it as you like, but the issue is unfairness of a system that is weighted towards the money....not that some have more.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #63
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet View Post
Yes seriously...and I'm sure she does support their cause. And their cause is just what I said it was....spin it as you like, but the issue is unfairness of a system that is weighted towards the money....not that some have more.
ok - not worthy of a reply. Enjoy your world of unicorns and rainbows.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #64
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The Occupy Crowd compared to tea partiers? If you owned a restaurant, which group would you want setting up camp across the street from your business?
Waaay tooo funnie. Tears in my eyes.

" Choose Life "
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Yeah, but you know what? Lots of folks here will not admit that the Occupy Anarchists are less civilized than the tea party. That's how blinded they are. All that matters to them is ideology, and they could care less that all measurable data conclusively shows that their ideology stinks. They don't care. and here in CT, my side gets clobbered by these people every year.

November cannot come fast enough. How long, O' Lord?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #66
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Disclaimer: I know this is a small minority.. but, I wouldn't want some of these people outside my business.

Last edited by zimmy; 06-06-2012 at 09:40 PM..

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.