Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Adios muchacho!!

Not sure I believe that Biden is polling at only 33% among hispanics, but if he’s even close to that, he can’t even beat trump.

I’ve been wondering if and when hispanics would shift right. as a group they are socially conservative, religious, and their men are traditionally masculine. The Democratic party isnt exactly signed with that.

If they shift right, it will be hilarious to watch liberals change their tune on immigration in the next nanosecond. They’ll build the wall and put in a moat with electric eels.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nxrvFdL4DgHyEU
Old 12-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep dreaming
"The U.S. economy will likely grow by around 6% in 2021 and 4% or more in 2022, the highest rates for decades, analysts say. Strong U.S. growth momentum is expected to push the unemployment rate to the lowest level in almost seven decades by 2023..."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Keep dreaming
"The U.S. economy will likely grow by around 6% in 2021 and 4% or more in 2022, the highest rates for decades, analysts say. Strong U.S. growth momentum is expected to push the unemployment rate to the lowest level in almost seven decades by 2023..."
I said pretty explicitly i’m
skeptical of the poll, didn’t I?

he’s doing some great things with the economy, unemployment and the stock market for sure.

how does the fate of inflation factor into projected growth? that’s a sincere question. is that growth above and beyond any inflation? or can it all be caused by inflation?

wages are rising ( which is awesome) but not nearly at the pace of inflation. Common way to stop inflation is to raise interest rates, which his also a good way to trigger a recession and to destroy housing values. he’s kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place there.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:15 PM   #4
wdmso

But conservatives don’t want them and accuse them of coming to just vote Democratic..

Just in oct 2020 one one read Latino voters have growing confidence in Biden on key issues, while confidence in Trump remains low

It’s like most polls it’s up and down based on the question of the day

their men are traditionally masculine.. that’s hilarious on why they are leaning Republican. Who are so masculine they won’t testify under oath to the Jan 6th commission

But Now your parroting talking heads of Carlson and Senator Josh Hawley. A massive, manufactured masculinity panic is currently underway Sounds like the attack on Christmas 😝
Old 12-22-2021, 05:03 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
But conservatives don’t want them and accuse them of coming to just vote Democratic..

Just in oct 2020 one one read Latino voters have growing confidence in Biden on key issues, while confidence in Trump remains low

It’s like most polls it’s up and down based on the question of the day

their men are traditionally masculine.. that’s hilarious on why they are leaning Republican. Who are so masculine they won’t testify under oath to the Jan 6th commission

But Now your parroting talking heads of Carlson and Senator Josh Hawley. A massive, manufactured masculinity panic is currently underway Sounds like the attack on Christmas 😝
the poll doesn’t count illegals. republicans want legals.

but you’re right, like with all
then other negative news, there’s. i thing for you to see. Zip.

republicans that ran in blue VA, did pretty well with hispanics..

we have men competing in physical sports against girls, and the left says men don’t have a physical
advantage. that’s the crap that won’t play well with hispanic men.

but don’t you worry, Biden is in a great spot right now.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:27 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the poll doesn’t count illegals. republicans want legals.
Your either lying or uninformed

President Trump entered the White House with the goal of reducing legal immigration by 63 percent. Trump was wildly successful in reducing legal immigration. By November 2020, the Trump administration reduced the number of green cards issued to people abroad by at least 418,453 and the number of non‐​immigrant visas by at least 11,178,668 during his first term through November 2020. President Trump also entered the White House with the goal of eliminating illegal immigration but Trump oversaw a virtual collapse in interior immigration enforcement and the stabilization of the illegal immigrant population. Thus, Trump succeeded in reduce legal immigration and failed to eliminate illegal immigration.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-22-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your either lying or uninformed

President Trump entered the White House with the goal of reducing legal immigration by 63 percent. Trump was wildly successful in reducing legal immigration. By November 2020, the Trump administration reduced the number of green cards issued to people abroad by at least 418,453 and the number of non‐​immigrant visas by at least 11,178,668 during his first term through November 2020. President Trump also entered the White House with the goal of eliminating illegal immigration but Trump oversaw a virtual collapse in interior immigration enforcement and the stabilization of the illegal immigrant population. Thus, Trump succeeded in reduce legal immigration and failed to eliminate illegal immigration.
i’m not lying nor misinformed. i said republicans want legal immigration. I never said that we want unlimited legal immigration. aren’t there limits to how many poor people we can house, feed, educate, give healthcare to?

so unless i say i want the whole planet here, you’d claim i’m opposed to legal immigration.

Sure, that’s rational.

when you allow zillions of illegals who are here and put their kids in schools, that reduces the number of legals we can accommodate. our infastructure is finite. i’m sorry if that math is going too fast for you. Clearly it is.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m not lying nor misinformed. i said republicans want legal immigration. I never said that we want unlimited legal immigration. aren’t there limits to how many poor people we can house, feed, educate, give healthcare to?

so unless i say i want the whole planet here, you’d claim i’m opposed to legal immigration.

Sure, that’s rational.

when you allow zillions of illegals who are here and put their kids in schools, that reduces the number of legals we can accommodate. our infastructure is finite. i’m sorry if that math is going too fast for you. Clearly it is.
Here’s the math that shows you’re wrong about Republicans and legal immigration

President Trump entered the White House with the goal of reducing legal immigration by 63 percent. Trump was wildly successful in reducing legal immigration. By November 2020, the Trump administration reduced the number of green cards issued to people abroad by at least 418,453 and the number of non‐​immigrant visas by at least 11,178,668 during his first term through November 2020.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Here’s the math that shows you’re wrong about Republicans and legal immigration

President Trump entered the White House with the goal of reducing legal immigration by 63 percent. Trump was wildly successful in reducing legal immigration. By November 2020, the Trump administration reduced the number of green cards issued to people abroad by at least 418,453 and the number of non‐​immigrant visas by at least 11,178,668 during his first term through November 2020.
Being against legal immigration would mean reducing the number to zero.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #10
wdmso

the poll doesn’t count illegals

Funny so illegals can vote in elections. Source Republicans

But illegals can’t participate in polls. Source Jim

Fear of the other is the fuel that drives the GOP Machine
Old 12-26-2021, 06:59 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the poll doesn’t count illegals

Funny so illegals can vote in elections. Source Republicans

But illegals can’t participate in polls. Source Jim

Fear of the other is the fuel that drives the GOP Machine
you said conservatives don’t want them. you brought that to this discussion, not me.

you have a recurring habit of saying something, i respond to it, and you criticize me for bringing it up, when i was responding to you.

“fear of the other”. which side puts an abortion clinic on every block in urban areas?

from the side who loved it when hilary called republicans deplorable
and irredeemable. that’s embracing the other?

as i’ve said, if hispanics ever start leaning red, let’s see how democrats respond. that’ll be the test.

your side doesnt push fear? fear of cops, fear of trump, fear of white supremacists behind every tree, fear of capitalism?
Old 12-26-2021, 07:18 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

What we are witnessing today is the bastardization of conservatism by a professional class of victims.

It’s the hollowing out of the American character and replacing it with screaming eagles, oversized flags and gun fetishism because it’s so weak it thinks that’s strength.
Do not fear the ‘conservative victim’. Underneath the bluster, racism, taunting, scheming and attacks - All it has is fear.

Understand it for what it is and it starts to unravel.

Stand up to it. Push back on it. Hit the bully in the nose.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:00 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
What we are witnessing today is the bastardization of conservatism by a professional class of victims.

It’s the hollowing out of the American character and replacing it with screaming eagles, oversized flags and gun fetishism because it’s so weak it thinks that’s strength.
Do not fear the ‘conservative victim’. Underneath the bluster, racism, taunting, scheming and attacks - All it has is fear.

Understand it for what it is and it starts to unravel.

Stand up to it. Push back on it. Hit the bully in the nose.
whew.