Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-30-2021, 08:34 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Keep making up baloney
You tried to make primaries, which only exist in the realm of political parties equivalent to a general election.
Then you falsely claim some equivalence between Cuomo and DeathSantis
Poor victim
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
again, why was it so bad for trump to try and undermine the 2020 election, but no big deal when democrats tried to undermine the 2016 election?

there is no equivalence between Cuomo and Desantis. Desantis did better, he had more seniors, he didn’t crush his states economy,,didn’t keep kids out of school as long, yet he has a lower death rate. That’s as clear as “winning” can be. Winning, winning, winning.

And huge numbers of new yorkers are fleeing to FL, and if weather was the only reason, they’d be going to CA instead of FL but they aren’t. They’re choosing FL in huge numbers.

Winning, winning, winning. And it’s eating at you!!!’
Old 12-30-2021, 08:42 PM   #62
Jim in CT

pete, enjoy…new yorkers moving to florida “in record numbers.”. record numbers. do you know what that means?

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2...y-census-data/
Old 12-31-2021, 08:00 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure Jim,
I’m of an age where I have a lot of retired friends
Some have adopted Floriduh residency to escape income taxes, spend half the year plus a day there, still keep a home in the North.
Retirees don’t give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about education in Floriduh, their grandchildren aren’t there.
Just where’s DeathSantis anyway?
Old 12-31-2021, 08:14 AM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Floriduh virus increased over the past two weeks by more than 1000%, winning the role as leader among the states.
DeathSantis has disappeared
Counties are overwhelmed w/ lines that stretch for miles, DeathSantis said FL will not open state run testing sites, @HealthyFla has basically declared the pandemic is over, and FL has over 46K COVID cases today. It’s every man/woman for themselves, because leadership is MIA.
Maybe he’ll blame it on Cuomo and all the New Yorkers who fled bringing Covid with them.

Last edited by Pete F.; 12-31-2021 at 10:04 AM..
Old 12-31-2021, 08:46 AM   #65
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He won't allow local health boards to release data, so who knows how bad FL really is, maybe Jim can go down for a couple weeks to get some real data.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:32 AM   #66
wdmso

Back to Ukraine for a minute why is every conservatives talking head or Congress member cheering for Putin to invade Ukraine? Instead of getting behind the POTUS and show a United front towards Russia, when they know
Biden or Trump would have used force ..

Rep. Budd to Newsmax: Russian Aggression Due to 'Weakness' From Biden

that Russia would not be threatening to invade Ukraine if former President Donald Trump was still in office, attributing reports of their offensive to "weakness in the way that Biden has led."
Old 12-31-2021, 10:54 AM   #67
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

why is every conservatives talking head or Congress member cheering for Putin to invade Ukraine? Instead of getting behind the POTUS and show a United front

I remember when all of those leftist talking heads and congress members got behind trump....yeah...that was great.....
Old 12-31-2021, 10:56 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:

Rep. Budd to Newsmax: Russian Aggression Due to 'Weakness' From Biden

I'm sure putin is even more afraid after their recent discussions...
Old 12-31-2021, 11:20 AM   #69
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I remember when all of those leftist talking heads and congress members got behind trump....yeah...that was great.....
I know right! shame on the Democratic’s for not getting getting behind the Trump about a stolen election or support him giving North Korea legitimacy and Trumps bromance or get behind him that the virus is going to disappear or getting behind him that hydroxy works or getting behind Trump when he believes Putin over his own intel community

It’s always the same with conservatives it’s about owning the libs and cheering for the enemy to assist in embarrassing the current administration if possible
Old 12-31-2021, 11:55 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:

It’s always the same with conservatives it’s about owning the libs and cheering for the enemy to assist in embarrassing the current administration if possible

you are hilarious.....
Old 12-31-2021, 12:56 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He won't allow local health boards to release data, so who knows how bad FL really is, maybe Jim can go down for a couple weeks to get some real data.
al those businesses and people
moving there have been fooled. that’s why everyone lives there, sees how awful it is, and returns to NY. right, Einstein?

did you ever criticize Gov Cuomo?
Old 12-31-2021, 02:40 PM   #72
scottw

Quote:

not that bad apparently....

By BRIAN STIEGLITZ FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 02:40 EST, 31 December 2021

'Welcome to Florida, AOC!' NYC Rep. escapes Big Apple's restrictive COVID mandates to dine maskless in Miami - sparking Gov. DeSantis's office to congratulate her on 'enjoying a taste of freedom'
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was seen having a maskless meal in Miami Beach, Florida, on Thursday
The outspoken progressive Democrat staunchly supports mask and vaccine mandates, despite the state foregoing them
Ocasio-Cortez was dragged on Twitter by conservatives joking about her strict stance on COVID protocols
'We hope you're enjoying a taste of freedom here in the Sunshine State thanks to @RonDeSantisFL's leadership,' the Team DeSantis account tweeted
Old 12-31-2021, 04:37 PM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
not that bad apparently....

By BRIAN STIEGLITZ FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 02:40 EST, 31 December 2021

'Welcome to Florida, AOC!' NYC Rep. escapes Big Apple's restrictive COVID mandates to dine maskless in Miami - sparking Gov. DeSantis's office to congratulate her on 'enjoying a taste of freedom'
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was seen having a maskless meal in Miami Beach, Florida, on Thursday
The outspoken progressive Democrat staunchly supports mask and vaccine mandates, despite the state foregoing them
Ocasio-Cortez was dragged on Twitter by conservatives joking about her strict stance on COVID protocols
'We hope you're enjoying a taste of freedom here in the Sunshine State thanks to @RonDeSantisFL's leadership,' the Team DeSantis account tweeted
AOC is partying in FL, while he says there are no covid survivors there. that’s too perfect.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:40 PM   #74
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
al those businesses and people
moving there have been fooled. that’s why everyone lives there, sees how awful it is, and returns to NY. right, Einstein?

did you ever criticize Gov Cuomo?
Florida had the largest net migration gains in the country, a measurement of people moving in and out of the state. But it also had the biggest “natural” decrease in population, which involves comparing numbers of births and deaths.
OMG people moved out?

The Sunshine State’s growth rate during the year, 1.0%, was eighth highest. Idaho had the nation’s fastest growing population during the year, increasing by 2.9%, followed by Utah, Montana,

Idaho most are from California sell a house make a quick 600k or more move to Idaho build a nice house pocket the rest .. and still be a liberal what’s not to love ❤️

With over 31,000 migrants from Canada to Florida between 2005 and 2015, Florida saw more in-migration from Canada than Texas and New York combined!

Don’t tell Jim that ! He insist Everyone was moving to FLA to because they like conservatives
And don’t forget the 4.5 million immigrants (foreign-born individuals) comprised 21 percent of the population. In FLA….
Old 12-31-2021, 04:41 PM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
AOC was photographed drinking without a mask in miami mensch this weekend.

what does that tell you? how concerned is she with Florida’s covid policies?

let’s change his name to governor death-sentence!!!
Old 12-31-2021, 04:44 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Florida had the largest net migration gains in the country, a measurement of people moving in and out of the state. But it also had the biggest “natural” decrease in population, which involves comparing numbers of births and deaths.
OMG people moved out?

The Sunshine State’s growth rate during the year, 1.0%, was eighth highest. Idaho had the nation’s fastest growing population during the year, increasing by 2.9%, followed by Utah, Montana,

Idaho most are from California sell a house make a quick 600k or more move to Idaho build a nice house pocket the rest .. and still be a liberal what’s not to love ❤️

With over 31,000 migrants from Canada to Florida between 2005 and 2015, Florida saw more in-migration from Canada than Texas and New York combined!

Don’t tell Jim that ! He insist Everyone was moving to FLA to because they like conservatives
And don’t forget the 4.5 million immigrants (foreign-born individuals) comprised 21 percent of the population. In FLA….
why are californians moving to a red state like Idaho? what makes idaho appealing, exactly?

i tel guy that migration from NY to FL is at a record high. your response, is that more people
nice from canada to FL.

so what? that does t begin to disprove my point.

blue states are going to be losing congressional seats. red states will be gaining.

i never said why people are moving to FL. i said it can’t only be climate, be sure southern CA had warm climates too. had to be something else.

Old 12-31-2021, 04:47 PM   #77
spence

Quote:
why are californians moving to a red state like Idaho? what makes idaho appealing, exactly?
Potatoes, lots of them.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:48 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Potatoes, lots of them.
can’t answer seriously, eh?

wealthy liberals like to enjoy the obvious benefits of well run conservative states ( not all conservative states are well run obviously). those liberals deny those benefits to their own constituents, but they grab those rewards with both hands for themselves.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-31-2021 at 05:02 PM..
Old 12-31-2021, 05:06 PM   #79
spence

Quote:
wealthy liberals like to enjoy the obvious benefits of well run conservative states ( not all conservative states are well run obviously). those liberals deny those benefits to their own constituents, but they grab those rewards with both hands for themselves.
Actually a lot of them just want to get away from traffic.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:14 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually a lot of them just want to get away from traffic.
and there arent any liberal places with no traffic? why not remote VT?

desperately searching for an answer that fits your narrative?

the truth is they want to go to places that are cheap. the vast majority of cheap places,, are conservative.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:54 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
AOC was photographed drinking without a mask in miami mensch this weekend.

what does that tell you? how concerned is she with Florida’s covid policies?

let’s change his name to governor death-sentence!!!
We all are convinced you’re not a misogynist
Fully-vaccinated woman has drink outside, in keeping with proper public health protocols.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and there arent any liberal places with no traffic? why not remote VT?

desperately searching for an answer that fits your narrative?

the truth is they want to go to places that are cheap. the vast majority of cheap places,, are conservative.
Liberal Vermont is actually growing
Most people have other values than things being cheap unlike you

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2021, 06:14 PM   #83
wdmso

Quote:

Do you always need to be led by the hand ?

I guess you never heard of the great outdoors !

People from California love the state for their abilities to be in the great outdoors seems Idaho provides the same …. Plus cheap housing

Their not moving to become conservatives

Boise Set Out to Become the Next Austin or Seattle. Instead, It's On Track to Become the Next Silicon Valley

REPUBLICANS ARE POISED TO GERRYMANDER THEIR WAY BACK TO THE MAJORITY

The actual rigging of elections
Old 12-31-2021, 07:11 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do you always need to be led by the hand ?

I guess you never heard of the great outdoors !

People from California love the state for their abilities to be in the great outdoors seems Idaho provides the same …. Plus cheap housing

Their not moving to become conservatives

Boise Set Out to Become the Next Austin or Seattle. Instead, It's On Track to Become the Next Silicon Valley

REPUBLICANS ARE POISED TO GERRYMANDER THEIR WAY BACK TO THE MAJORITY

The actual rigging of elections
i don’t need to be led by the hand, i’m obviously baiting you.

“plus cheap housing.”

how come the states that offer a lower cost of living, are almost all
conservative?

and if liberals support policies that guarantee a. high cost of living, why do so many liberals eventually flee for cheaper, conservative places? why don’t liberals choose to stay where it’s liberal? if liberals think it’s better to live to conservative places, shouldn’t they consider becoming conservative?

If you prefer living in Idaho to living in California, youre kind of saying that conservatism is better than liberalism. northern CA has plenty of spectacular wide open spaces,, stunning natural beauty, low traffic, etc. but they flee to Idaho. like new yorkers fleeing to FL.

as to re-districting, well, republicans control a healthy majority of state legislatures. As Obama
was fond of saying, “elections have consequences.”. if citizens wanted democrats to draw their congressional districts, they’d elect democrats. but they didn’t.

democrats need to appeal to people between the coasts. I’m certain that AOC and Pelosi and Schumer will help in that regard.

In all seriousness, i hope you and your family have a spectacular new year! we all deserve it.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #85
wdmso

Quote:
i don’t need to be led by the hand, i’m obviously baiting you.

“plus cheap housing.”

how come the states that offer a lower cost of living, are almost all
conservative?

Jim again why do you need others to answer these simple questions

In a nut shell

Because red states less desirable to live in. It’s supply and demand.

But technology has changed where and how people can work.. Aka the internet many red states are just recently embracing a improving their digital infrastructure

Just look at Atlanta suburbs

By 2050, metro Atlanta is projected to swell by nearly 3 more million people, boosting the 21-county region’s population to 8.6 million, according to forecasts recently published by the Atlanta Regional Commission.

Additionally, the research shows, the metro area is on track to become “much more racially and ethnically diverse,”

Not a good trend for Republicans

The number of Americans identifying as Republicans or as independents who lean toward the GOP dropped to 40% in the first quarter of 2021

Only in the GOP echo chambers of fox Newmax OAN , is the message is the opposite

The U.S. Senate, as you know, is currently divided 50-50 along party lines

But, according to the calculation , if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, “the Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.”

But the GOP wants you to believe they represent the Majority of Americans.. it’s a scam
Old 01-01-2022, 11:39 AM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim again why do you need others to answer these simple questions

In a nut shell

Because red states less desirable to live in. It’s supply and demand.

But technology has changed where and how people can work.. Aka the internet many red states are just recently embracing a improving their digital infrastructure

Just look at Atlanta suburbs

By 2050, metro Atlanta is projected to swell by nearly 3 more million people, boosting the 21-county region’s population to 8.6 million, according to forecasts recently published by the Atlanta Regional Commission.

Additionally, the research shows, the metro area is on track to become “much more racially and ethnically diverse,”

Not a good trend for Republicans

The number of Americans identifying as Republicans or as independents who lean toward the GOP dropped to 40% in the first quarter of 2021

Only in the GOP echo chambers of fox Newmax OAN , is the message is the opposite

The U.S. Senate, as you know, is currently divided 50-50 along party lines

But, according to the calculation , if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, “the Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.”

But the GOP wants you to believe they represent the Majority of Americans.. it’s a scam
“red states are less desirable to live in”.

right, which is why people are fleeing blue states for red states.

you’re right, the gop is done. look at how they got creamed in VA and NJ. and what all the polling is saying.

must be exhausting to find ways to deny every single fact that you don’t like.

if the hispanics vote the way they did in VA ( might happen, might well not), you might not like the fact their
numbers are increasing.

What happened in VA and NJ? Why is Biden polling where he is? Why is Harris polling where she is? why do generic polls look great for the gop this year?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-01-2022 at 12:12 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 02:55 PM   #87
wdmso

Quote:
“red states are less desirable to live in”.

right, which is why people are fleeing blue states for red states.

you’re right, the gop is done. look at how they got creamed in VA and NJ. and what all the polling is saying.

must be exhausting to find ways to deny every single fact that you don’t like.

if the hispanics vote the way they did in VA ( might happen, might well not), you might not like the fact their
numbers are increasing.

What happened in VA and NJ? Why is Biden polling where he is? Why is Harris polling where she is? why do generic polls look great for the gop this year?
1 election isn’t a trend

Now polls matter funny how that works

And why such dramatic langue “fleeingl”. Yep that’s what they are doing lol

FYI. People in Colorado with the wild fires ! that’s what fleeing looks like
Old 01-01-2022, 03:36 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
1 election isn’t a trend

Now polls matter funny how that works

And why such dramatic langue “fleeingl”. Yep that’s what they are doing lol

FYI. People in Colorado with the wild fires ! that’s what fleeing looks like
you’re right, one election isn’t a trend. I mentioned VA, NJ, and every poll taken for the last few months. what do you think that all adds up to? it’s not all a consistent, clear trend as of now?

people are fleeing blue (stupidly expensive) states for red ( more affordable) states. i’m sorry that spits in the face of your agenda and happens to help my agenda. but it’s true.

Obviously not everything goes against liberalism, wayne. but some things do. you can’t admit any of it. you deny every single thing that favors conservatism.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:21 AM   #89
wdmso

i’m sorry that spits in the face of your agenda and happens to help my agenda. but it’s true.

Jim your the only person I know who spews this fleeing argument is based on 1 thing escaping liberalism .

then when presented with many other factors to why its happening

It is I who should be saying "i’m sorry that spits in the face of your agenda "

because you are the one insisting no other reasons exist Besides fleeing liberalism.. that's what an agenda looks like

some more facts

The Sunshine State get a deal on homeownership, paying less than 1% for property taxes while other popular states pay more than 2%.

I doubt people are moving because of 1%

The Association reports that close to 28% of the people relocating to Florida came from Texas
so are Texans fleeing liberalism? 6% coming from California. how can that be

and of course Florida’s no income tax along with Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming

States with no income tax often make up the lost revenue with other taxes or reduced services. See Jim there is Always a catch
Old 01-02-2022, 09:33 AM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Apparently not everyone is moving out of the NYC metro area

For much of 2021, the suburban New York real estate markets continued to be dominated by bidding wars, long lines at open houses and rising prices, as the housing inventory in many communities fell short of demand.

Fueling the frenetic activity, which started in mid-2020, was the allure of still-low mortgage rates, along with an influx of pandemic-weary city dwellers and new millennial buyers. At the same time, homeowners were holding onto their properties longer, many unable to afford to upgrade.

“It was the same story across all the suburbs,” said Jonathan J. Miller, a Manhattan-based real estate appraiser who also monitors suburban markets.