Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-20-2022, 11:29 AM   #331
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You said a reduction in poverty and I showed you there has been a reduction in poverty.

N.H. is far better than it was in the past (and I lived in the NH area for years). Hartford too (I worked there 20 years). Parts of America (Kent, WV, Appalachia, Miss. etc) had no sewers, running water, electricity and people lived in tin huts. Schools are better for those people. Food security is better.
"You said a reduction in poverty and I showed you there has been a reduction in poverty."

True enough.

"N.H. is far better than it was in the past (and I lived in the NH area for years). Hartford too (I worked there 20 years)"

I guess it depends on when you're comparing today to. If you're comparing today to the time of the Great Depression, sure it's better today. If you're comparing today to 20 years ago, I just don't see how you could say that it's in any way better. The cities are way more dysfunctional.

Again, it would be interesting to see what cops or teachers, who've been there for decades, would say. Maybe I'm thinking more of social/family dysfunctionality than wealth/poverty, I don't know.

I do know that when I grew up in west Haven, we only had one car which my dad usually drove to work. When I was really little, for a treat my mom would walk us to the bus stop, we'd take the bus to New Haven, have lunch, maybe pick out a toy at the toy store. We wouldn't think of doing that today. It would be way too dangerous and unpleasant.

In the 15 years I worked in downtown Hartford, the blight, the aggressive panhandling, was way way worse at the end of my time, than the beginning. There were times I felt like I was walking in Haiti.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #332
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Parts of America (Kent, WV, Appalachia, Miss. etc) had no sewers, running water, electricity and people lived in tin huts. Schools are better for those people. Food security is better.
it's almost like the current tent cities in democrat cities across America
Old 01-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #333
wdmso

So we haven’t defeated poverty We haven’t had a balanced budget in decades we haven’t won a war since WW2

And conservatives complain as if Republicans never held public office or the White House …. It’s always someone else’s fault
Old 01-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #334
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So we haven’t defeated poverty We haven’t had a balanced budget in decades we haven’t won a war since WW2

And conservatives complain as if Republicans never held public office or the White House …. It’s always someone else’s fault
except i never said the gop has no blame. they have lots of blame.

keep
making things up though.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-20-2022, 03:57 PM   #335
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
except i never said the gop has no blame. they have lots of blame.

keep
making things up though.
If I was referring to you and only you I would use your name . I Don’t see Jim in my post ..
Old 01-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #336
scottw

JAN. 20, 2022 9 PM PT
SACRAMENTO —

Under a bill introduced Thursday by a California lawmaker children in the state would be allowed to make their own vaccination decisions. Senate Bill 866 by Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) would permit children 12 and older to be vaccinated, including against COVID-19, without a parent’s consent or knowledge.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #337
wdmso

Virginia parent charged by police after threatening to ‘bring every single gun’ if school board doesn’t make masks optional

but but liberals
Old 01-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #338
detbuch

Quote:
Virginia parent charged by police after threatening to ‘bring every single gun’ if school board doesn’t make masks optional

but but liberals
Did you just find a needle in a haystack?
Old 01-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #339
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Did you just find a needle in a haystack?
yes. a conservative did something very bad, therefore we are all guilty for it.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:23 PM   #340
Jim in CT

Quote:

but but liberals
yup. find one kook, claim they speak for all of us.

but but the polls.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:24 PM   #341
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yup. find one kook, claim they speak for all of us.

but but the polls.
Hmmm
Does ivermectin cure home field playoff losses? Just asking...

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-23-2022, 05:25 AM   #342
scottw

Quote:

but but liberals
I read the story...I bet she doesn't even own any guns

“I in no way meant to imply all guns loaded as in actual firearms, but rather all resources I can muster to make sure my children get to attend schools without masks” she wrote. “Sincere apologies for my poor choice in words.”
Old 01-23-2022, 05:54 AM   #343
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Hmmm
Does ivermectin cure home field playoff losses? Just asking...

not sure...but it's probably just as effective in preventing infections from omicron as two shots and two boosters...probably need yet another booster..because..."omicron stealth"

JERUSALEM, Jan 17 (Reuters) - A fourth shot of COVID-19 vaccine boosts antibodies to even higher levels than the third jab but it is not enough to prevent Omicron infections, according to a preliminary study in Israel.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:34 AM   #344
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

“I in no way meant to imply all guns loaded as in actual firearms, but rather all resources I can muster to make sure my children get to attend schools without masks” she wrote. “Sincere apologies for my poor choice in words.”
let’s throw her in Guantanamo Bay.
but it’s ok when chuck schumer says the supreme court will “reap the whirlwind and never know what hit them”, if they continue to make decisions he doesn’t like. That’s ok.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #345
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

So you think it’s not worth worrying about, I’m sure the parents watching the school board meeting on cable just said meh🤡
Bullying is just the American way

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers can still make it to the Super Bowl if Mike Pence has enough courage.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #346
scottw

Quote:

So you think it’s not worth worrying about

I think she was arrested and will be explaining herself to a judge...so, no it's not worth worrying about
Old 01-23-2022, 08:37 AM   #347
scottw

Quote:

Bullying is just the American way

yeah...we've noticed
Old 01-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #348
scottw

Quote:

but it’s ok when chuck schumer says the supreme court will “reap the whirlwind and never know what hit them”, if they continue to make decisions he doesn’t like. That’s ok.

more specifically.."You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

sounds like bullying...
Old 01-23-2022, 09:24 AM   #349
Jim in CT

Quote:
more specifically.."You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

sounds like bullying...
if it was a republican who said it, that would be threatening. when the democrat senate majority leader says it, they ignore it.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:49 AM   #350
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."

Let me guess, false equivalency, or missing context, or something else equally as absurd

But definitely NOT bullying

Old 01-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #351
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."

Let me guess, false equivalency, or missing context, or something else equally as absurd

But definitely NOT bullying

how do you not see the false equivalency?
Old 01-23-2022, 10:58 AM   #352
Pete F.
Canceled

The vaccine reduces the severity of COVID so much that Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated and yet his receivers didn't catch anything significant.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:12 AM   #353
scottw

Quote:

The vaccine reduces the severity of COVID so much

like Tylenol and Motrin
Old 01-23-2022, 12:05 PM   #354
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
like Tylenol and Motrin
Three large studies by the CDC show just how vital booster shots are when it comes to preventing hospitalization and death, especially among one age group.

The first study, released Friday, looked at almost 88,000 hospitalizations in 10 states found that booster shots were 90% effective at keeping people with the omicron variant of COVID-19 out of the hospital. The data was collected during December and January when the omicron was dominant.

Ivermectin provides full protection against the NFC Championship Game.

After the game, Aaron Rodgers was pleading with the officials to find him 4 more points.
I mean, he did have 77% of the points until those late points came in out of nowhere. Clearly fraudulent....

Last edited by Pete F.; 01-23-2022 at 12:13 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #355
scottw

Quote:

Three large studies by the CDC show just how vital booster shots are when it comes to preventing hospitalization and death, especially among one age group.

yes, if you are old and in poor health...it might help...
Old 01-23-2022, 05:59 PM   #356
scottw

"a pandemic of the bureaucracy"...what are the
mask/vax nazis going to do when most of their friends leave them for freedom?

Last edited by scottw; 01-23-2022 at 08:24 PM..
Old 01-24-2022, 08:51 AM   #357
wdmso

Quote:
"a pandemic of the bureaucracy"...what are the
mask/vax nazis going to do when most of their friends leave them for freedom?

It’s fitting you post the childish rant of a pouty baby.. whos. done with Covid , reflecting your own feelings somehow represents liberals because she’s on Bill’s show..

ask a nurses if their done with Covid I bet they are ! But for much different reasons Not just because they’re ask to wear a mask..

Even Liberals are not immune to simpleton Arguments
Old 01-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #358
wdmso

Stressed hospitals are asking workers with covid to return — even if they may be infectious

But people are done with Covid .. it seems Covid isn’t done with The human race
Old 01-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #359
scottw

Quote:

It’s fitting you post the childish rant of a pouty baby..

interesting that one of her points was that other liberals and progressives she knows feel similar to her but they know that saying so will result in them being mindlessly attacked and called names by lunatics...great job making her point
Old 01-24-2022, 05:06 PM   #360
wdmso

Quote:
interesting that one of her points was that other liberals and progressives she knows feel similar to her but they know that saying so will result in them being mindlessly attacked and called names by lunatics...great job making her point
What your not a pouty child ? It’s hard to tell from your Posts

And I love the . well she knows a friend who feels the same way

A huge difference from being tired of Covid and dismissive of Covid outright. Ps that’s what your doing like Tylenol and Motrin

Id say that’s a simpletons response but then I would be accused of calling you stupid