Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-24-2022, 09:06 PM   #361
Pete F.
Canceled

New study: “Virus spread was 62 percent higher in school districts without mask rules.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-25-2022, 05:08 AM   #362
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
New study: “Virus spread was 62 percent higher in school districts without mask rules.”
that's from October 15, 2021

someone just decided to recycle it...that is pre-omicron

it's over pete...you can wear you mask to bed if you like and get boostered every three months..leave everyone else alone...good luck

ps the difference was...

"The rate of infection reached an average of about 45 cases per 100 thousand students by late September in school districts with mask mandates.

Virus spread was 62% higher in school districts without mask rules- where the infection rate averaged 73 cases per 100 thousand students by late September.

45 cases per 100,000 vs 72 cases per 1000,000

I bet the kids without the masks were much happier and healthier
Old 01-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #363
wdmso

I See them every day on and off the bus masks on even while waiting . must be that indoctrination, kids just adapt better than adults

yet Mexican kids cross the border alone Syrian kids live in camps but American kids are being abused because of a masks?

We all would be happier without Masks , I-am sure Americans all would have been happier if WW2 didn’t take 4 years but it did

Yet conservatives had no issues being in Afghanistan for 20years yet Covid is upsetting ?
Old 01-25-2022, 12:31 PM   #364
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I See them every day on and off the bus masks on even while waiting . must be that indoctrination, kids just adapt better than adults

yet Mexican kids cross the border alone Syrian kids live in camps but American kids are being abused because of a masks?

We all would be happier without Masks , I-am sure Americans all would have been happier if WW2 didn’t take 4 years but it did

Yet conservatives had no issues being in Afghanistan for 20years yet Covid is upsetting ?
ramble...ramble...ramble.....
Old 01-25-2022, 12:47 PM   #365
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I guess this is what adapting looks like.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-says-n1270463
Old 01-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #366
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Mexican kids cross the border alone Syrian kids live in camps"

What the heck could possibly be your point? No one said that covid is the worst, most dangerous thing that children have ever been asked to do, in the history of the world. However, there is evidence (not just from Foxnews) that we are screwing kids with our ignorance and knee jerk reactions. Are you going to say you don't think these things are having a meniangfully negative impact on kids? All the studies are wrong, YOU know better?

Brown University released a study showing that cognitive scores for young kids are meaningfully down. CT Childrens Medical Center is seeing a huge increase in parents looking for emergency behavioral care for kids. Kids suicides are up, self mutilation is way up. But you're saying all of that is just Foxnews talking points? There's no truth to any of it?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-25-2022 at 01:30 PM..
Old 01-25-2022, 01:32 PM   #367
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Suicides way up, hospitalization for behavioral issues way up, self mutilation way up, cognitive development is meaningfully down.

They'll be writing papers for 100 years, about the damage we did to todays kids.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:28 PM   #368
scottw

heheh....mask nazis

https://twitter.com/i/status/1485694028620316673
Old 01-27-2022, 10:08 AM   #369
wdmso

Believe it or not, the economy grew last year at the fastest pace since 1984

how can that be?
Old 01-27-2022, 10:13 AM   #370
wdmso

Quote:

Now the right cares about the children Do the parents have any responsibility to watch their kids Mental health?

again the whole story

perhaps in connection to America's struggle with Covid-19, new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data revealed Friday.

keep trying to blame it on a Mask
Old 01-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #371
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
another inbox outrage ..
Old 01-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #372
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Suicides way up, hospitalization for behavioral issues way up, self mutilation way up, cognitive development is meaningfully down.

They'll be writing papers for 100 years, about the damage we did to todays kids.
I know Jim its everyone else fault .. do the parents have any responsibility in their children's Lives

CHILDREN'S HEALTHApril 8, 2021
Even before COVID-19 pandemic, youth suicide already at record high
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among people ages 10-24 and has been increasing every year since 2007

The rate of suicide for those ages 10 to 24 increased nearly 60% between 2007 and 2018,

but let's blame the mask and create our own set of facts

Covid just exposed and added another factor to a trend the most of the America public never knew existed
Old 01-27-2022, 10:32 AM   #373
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So, just so I understand this, parents should take responsibility in their children's lives, but they need to STFU at School Committee meetings? Gotcha
Old 01-27-2022, 10:35 AM   #374
Jim in CT

Quote:
So, just so I understand this, parents should take responsibility in their children's lives, but they need to STFU at School Committee meetings? Gotcha
we're at a point, where if I said 2+2=4, he'd say "no it doesn't",

in his mind, no conservative has ever been right on anything. Never.

Also, that's a false equivalence.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-27-2022 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-27-2022, 10:41 AM   #375
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know Jim its everyone else fault .. do the parents have any responsibility in their children's Lives

CHILDREN'S HEALTHApril 8, 2021
Even before COVID-19 pandemic, youth suicide already at record high
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among people ages 10-24 and has been increasing every year since 2007

The rate of suicide for those ages 10 to 24 increased nearly 60% between 2007 and 2018,

but let's blame the mask and create our own set of facts

Covid just exposed and added another factor to a trend the most of the America public never knew existed
5 minutes ago, you blamed guns for gun crime. You're blaming an inanimate object.

Then just now, you say it's stupid to blame the mask.

Do you understand that every single sentence you type, is an endorsement of liberalism. No exceptions, not once, not ever.

You can't go 5 seconds without flip flopping and contradicting your self.

Yes, kids need good parents. But if parents were perfect and all powerful, we wouldn't need schools or teachers. Kids are impacted by outside influences.

The doctors at Brown University have concluded covid reactions are hurting little kids.

But you know more than they do. I'm not sure what experience you have that gives you more valid opinions than theirs, you never seem to share that. But you know they are wrong.

They're not even making a political argument, as Trump was president when we were all masked and schools were all shut down. But because you think everything I say is a conservative viewpoint, you instantly say it must be wrong.

Every single thing you don't happen to like, must be wrong.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #376
Jim in CT

WDMSO, if democrats only care about fixing things and they don't care about future votes, please explain why Biden said 2 years ago that he'd put a black woman on the supreme court?

What if there are better candidates than the best black woman? Isn't it an obviously political pandering exercise, to announce years ahead of time that only black women will be considered?

Have fun answering that.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:15 AM   #377
scottw

Quote:
WDMSO, if democrats only care about fixing things and they don't care about future votes, please explain why Biden said 2 years ago that he'd put a black woman on the supreme court?

What if there are better candidates than the best black woman? Isn't it an obviously political pandering exercise, to announce years ahead of time that only black women will be considered?

Have fun answering that.
I'm offended that he didn't announce he was going to put a Native American on the Supreme Court..we were here first ..WTF? make it a two-spirit if you want to be PC
Old 01-27-2022, 05:34 PM   #378
wdmso

Quote:

Have fun answering that.
As if on cue Jim play the affirmative action card. And carry’s the latest conservatives outrage ..

Funny never heard you question Trumps picks over better candidates

But I. Understand black and a woman and smart you and conservatives worse fears
Old 01-27-2022, 05:44 PM   #379
Jim in CT

Quote:
As if on cue Jim play the affirmative action card. And carry’s the latest conservatives outrage ..

Funny never heard you question Trumps picks over better candidates

didn’t come close to answering the question.

what point is there to announcing years ahead of time, that only a narrow slice will even be considered?

what if the best candidate is asian? what’s the upside, other than politics?

“on cue playing the affirmative action card”.

what do you call it, when someone says a job can only be filled by a specific skin color and gender? how is that not a violation of anti discrimination law?

ones skin color and gender are random accidents. they don’t say anything about you. they don’t say anything about ones ability or character. sorry if that’s going too fast for you.

it’s very smart politics in that party. but that’s all it is. gives biden a political win which he desperately needs, and it’ll fire up his base.

pure politics. and he’s playing it well.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-27-2022 at 06:07 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 01:33 AM   #380
Pete F.
Canceled

This is absolutely hilarious because literally from 1790 to 1967 every single member of the Supreme Court was selected initially through an exclusionary criteria of race and gender. What is wrong with some of you?
Old 01-28-2022, 03:21 AM   #381
scottw

Quote:

Understand black and a woman and smart you and conservatives worse fears

pretty sure most conservatives would be thrilled if Condoleeza Rice ran for president.....

Last edited by scottw; 01-28-2022 at 03:26 AM..
Old 01-28-2022, 03:24 AM   #382
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
This is absolutely hilarious because literally from 1790 to 1967 every single member of the Supreme Court was selected initially through an exclusionary criteria of race and gender. What is wrong with some of you?
must be great to have the guy making the nomination announce to the country beforehand that he's going to choose you out of all other potential candidates because the color of your skin benefits him the most politically....that's not racist or demeaning or anything

it's just Brandon doing what Obama said he'd do...he's really good at $#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g everything up

Last edited by scottw; 01-28-2022 at 06:06 AM..
Old 01-28-2022, 06:19 AM   #383
Jim in CT

Quote:

this stuff is over your head wayne…

biden announced two years ago that it’s be a black woman. When he said that, he had absolutely no way of knowing when the vacancy would be, or who the best candidates would be to fill it.

See if you can follow…you pick the best candidate for a job that important, regardless of skin color and genitalia.

pure politics. and it’s very shrewd. His presidency has been a flop, and he needs a win, and this gives him one. Breyer could have demanded. trillion dollars to resign, and he’s have gotten it. The democrats need this win badly, and they’ll get it.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:20 AM   #384
Jim in CT

Quote:

pretty sure most conservatives would be thrilled if Condoleeza Rice ran for president.....
he has to accuse me of bigotry, it’s all he has.

Been saying for 10 years the country needs Condaleeza Rice to be potus.

oh, the left would show how much they love black women then.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:53 AM   #385
scottw

Quote:

this stuff is over your head wayne…

biden announced two years ago that it’s be a black woman. When he said that, he had absolutely no way of knowing when the vacancy would be, or who the best candidates would be to fill it.

consider the motivation...

he announced it when his campaign was crashing and he desperately needed SC so Clyburn told him he's support him if he stated this...he announced it during a debate after Clyburn approached him during a break in that debate and reminded him that he needed to announce it...

"Rep. James Clyburn rushed backstage during a Democratic presidential primary debate to remind Joe Biden, then a candidate, to make public his private commitment that his first Supreme Court appointment would be a Black woman, according to a book published last year.

The episode has newfound relevance given that Biden is likely to name his first Supreme Court pick in a matter of days. Justice Stephen Breyer, the most senior member of the court's liberal wing, will soon announce his retirement, according to multiple reports.

"During the last commercial break, Clyburn hurried backstage. Remember to promise to appoint a Black woman to the Supreme Court, he urged the candidate. Biden, who was trying so hard to get his footing in the debate that he let slip that he'd just call [former President] Obama for a pep talk, was frightened of forgetting it again," CNN's Edward-Isaac Dovere writes in "Battle for the Soul: Inside the Democrats' Campaigns to Defeat Trump."

Biden then made his vow in response to the first question he received after the commercial break during the February 25, 2021, debate, the last one between the Democratic presidential hopefuls before the South Carolina primary and Super Tuesday. Clyburn, an influential South Carolina Democrat and now House majority whip, announced his game-changing endorsement the day after the debate."
Old 01-28-2022, 07:09 AM   #386
wdmso

Quote:
didn’t come close to answering the question.

what point is there to announcing years ahead of time, that only a narrow slice will even be considered? Not a history buff Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on September 18, 2020. The following day, Trump stated that any successor of Ginsburg would "most likely" be a woman.[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
what if the best candidate is asian? was that the case with Trump's appointments your concern was abortion talk about Myopic what’s the upside, other than politics?

“on cue playing the affirmative action card”.

what do you call it, POTUS prerogative when someone says a job can only be filled by a specific skin color and gender?Who ever said that Jim ? Now Whos making up stuff again
how is that not a violation of anti discrimination law? clearly you're not a lawyer

ones skin color and gender are random accidents. they don’t say anything about you. they don’t say anything about ones ability or character. sorry if that’s going too fast for you. whats to fast is your upset before a choice has been made because you were told to be upset let that sink in

it’s very smart politics in that party. but that’s all it is. gives biden a political win which he desperately needs, and it’ll fire up his base.

pure politics. and he’s playing it well. Now you pivot back to its just Politics
Ahh yes Jim Trump made campaign promises and you hailed him as a hero Fulfilling his promises .

Ronald Reagan fulfilled his 1980 campaign promise to place a woman on the Court, which he did with the appointment of Sandra Day O'Connor.

Biden does the same thing yet you cry about it .

ones skin color and gender are random accidents.

But OMG out of 115 justices, 110 (95.7%) have been men. All Supreme Court justices were males until 1981, So using your logic Jim Regan Put O Connor on the bench 1 for politics 2 Affirmative action 3 it don’t say anything about one's ability or character. or 4 what if the best candidate is asian?

One choice not on your list for Regan or Biden it's the right thing
and they checked all the boxes . Women, competence , experienced,
Old 01-28-2022, 07:42 AM   #387
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ahh yes Jim Trump made campaign promises and you hailed him as a hero Fulfilling his promises .

Ronald Reagan fulfilled his 1980 campaign promise to place a woman on the Court, which he did with the appointment of Sandra Day O'Connor.

Biden does the same thing yet you cry about it .

ones skin color and gender are random accidents.

But OMG out of 115 justices, 110 (95.7%) have been men. All Supreme Court justices were males until 1981, So using your logic Jim Regan Put O Connor on the bench 1 for politics 2 Affirmative action 3 it don’t say anything about one's ability or character. or 4 what if the best candidate is asian?

One choice not on your list for Regan or Biden it's the right thing
and they checked all the boxes . Women, competence , experienced,

if your side is hurt that the court was all men 150 years ago, that’s the best evidence i’ve ever seen, that liberals really need to grow a pair. that’s how the world was then. we’ve fixed that.

i said here it was stupid for trump
to limit it to a woman, though Barrett is superbly qualified. it’s too important. you’re not going to catch me in stupid hypocrisy, that’s your playbook, not mine. you’re the one incapable of holding his side to any standards.

Some idiot on cable news said that clarence thomas doesn’t represent blacks on the court. FFS It’s not his job to represent blacks. it’s his job to represent the Constitution. How can gender or color matter?

Old 01-28-2022, 07:47 AM   #388
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
must be great to have the guy making the nomination announce to the country beforehand that he's going to choose you out of all other potential candidates because the color of your skin benefits him the most politically....that's not racist or demeaning or anything

it's just Brandon doing what Obama said he'd do...he's really good at $#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g everything up
So predictable, only an idiot wouldn’t accept nominations are likely to be turned into a political spin, sh*t every single Trump appointment helped him politically. What a shock to you he promised to make the court more representative of the country and more diverse.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:51 AM   #389
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

What a shock to you he promised to make the court more representative of the country and more diverse.
there are many ways to make the court more diverse...
Old 01-28-2022, 07:59 AM   #390
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

So predictable, only an idiot wouldn’t accept nominations are likely to be turned into a political spin.
only and idiot would respond with this ^^^^