Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
biden bans travel from certain countries, thatís ironic

when trump restricted travel from china early on, the left attacked trump for it, Bidenís exact words were that it was hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongering.

but itís wicked smaht when president Biden does it.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #2
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,128
What no Rep. Lauren Boebert outrage ? shocking.

The United States joined several countries that acted on Friday to restrict travelers from southern Africa in an effort to slow the spread of a new coronavirus variant.

the administration will prohibit travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique

FYI Africa isnít a single country ..

Iam guessing you missed the havoc the last 2 Covid variants caused ..


Trump said Democrats ďloudly criticized and protestedĒ his announced travel restrictions, and that they ďcalled me a racist because I made that decision.Ē Trump is overstating Democratic opposition. None of the partyís congressional leaders and none of the Democratic candidates running for president have directly criticized that decision, though at least two Democrats have.

Once again you suggest Trump version on events is truthful because 2 Dems said something lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:28 AM   #3
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

FYI Africa isnít a single country ..


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is stunning....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #4
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,920
Pete, get some rest.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What no Rep. Lauren Boebert outrage ? shocking.

The United States joined several countries that acted on Friday to restrict travelers from southern Africa in an effort to slow the spread of a new coronavirus variant.

the administration will prohibit travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique

FYI Africa isnít a single country ..

Iam guessing you missed the havoc the last 2 Covid variants caused ..


Trump said Democrats ďloudly criticized and protestedĒ his announced travel restrictions, and that they ďcalled me a racist because I made that decision.Ē Trump is overstating Democratic opposition. None of the partyís congressional leaders and none of the Democratic candidates running for president have directly criticized that decision, though at least two Democrats have.

Once again you suggest Trump version on events is truthful because 2 Dems said something lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Boebert is an idiot.Yiu didnít get me with a zinger, i just donít see a need to respond to everything thatís bothering you in one thread.

there, i responded to you.

now, tell me why itís racist for trump
to restrict travel from china, but not a problem for biden to restrict travel from certain countries?

ďAfrica isnít a single country.Ē

thatís what you got? so itís xenophobic to restrict travel from one country? but not xenophobic to restrict travel
from multiple countries?

so if trump restricted travel from multiple asian countries, youíre saying that would have been ok?

makes all kinds of sense. itís all about how many countries you restrict travel from. itís got to be more than one.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is stunning....
itís unbelievable.

restricting travel from a single country makes you a racist. restricting travel from two or more countries,,necessarily means youíre not a racist.

anything to avoid admitting that yes, thereís a double standard.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:13 AM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What no Rep. Lauren Boebert outrage ? shocking.

The United States joined several countries that acted on Friday to restrict travelers from southern Africa in an effort to slow the spread of a new coronavirus variant.

the administration will prohibit travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique

FYI Africa isnít a single country ..

Iam guessing you missed the havoc the last 2 Covid variants caused ..


Trump said Democrats ďloudly criticized and protestedĒ his announced travel restrictions, and that they ďcalled me a racist because I made that decision.Ē Trump is overstating Democratic opposition. None of the partyís congressional leaders and none of the Democratic candidates running for president have directly criticized that decision, though at least two Democrats have.

Once again you suggest Trump version on events is truthful because 2 Dems said something lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
biden called it hysterical
and xenophobic. is biden not a leader of the party?

biden called trumpís response to covid hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongerjng. biden made that statement, the day after trumps travel restrictions were announced.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-28-2021 at 07:28 AM..
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 11,402
South Africa is fantastic at genomic surveillance. The USA is terrible at it. I understand the impulse to ban travel, but we have to ask, are we punishing SA for being so good at detection and global notification? And rewarding those that are bad at it or keep quiet?

It would be more effective to require vaccination and testing.
But we canít do that because we have half a nation screeching and saber rattling that everything is an intrusion on their vague, twisted notion of what their rights are.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:13 AM   #9
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

It would be more effective to require vaccination and testing.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if you would like to live somewhere that requires injecting stuff into your body and testing and other things...you do have many options out there

Florida is looking pretty safe for the rest of us right now....funny despite some here claiming that they were going to kill everyone there in a matter of months..

Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
Published November 27, 2021


oooohhh...maybe they have so few cases because everyone is dead?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
South Africa is fantastic at genomic surveillance. The USA is terrible at it. I understand the impulse to ban travel, but we have to ask, are we punishing SA for being so good at detection and global notification? And rewarding those that are bad at it or keep quiet?

It would be more effective to require vaccination and testing.
But we canít do that because we have half a nation screeching and saber rattling that everything is an intrusion on their vague, twisted notion of what their rights are.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
constitution, shmonstitution.

and before you say itís the right half of the country thatís opposed to what you want, remember that two groups with very low vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are die hard liberals.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 11,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
constitution, shmonstitution.

and before you say itís the right half of the country thatís opposed to what you want, remember that two groups with very low vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are die hard liberals.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Thatís about as true as that you donít really support Trump
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if you would like to live somewhere that requires injecting stuff into your body and testing and other things...you do have many options out there

Florida is looking pretty safe for the rest of us right now....funny despite some here claiming that they were going to kill everyone there in a matter of months..

Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
Published November 27, 2021


oooohhh...maybe they have so few cases because everyone is dead?
Actually based on November reporting of all states per 100,000 FL is #12 on the list of all 52 states, but i think a FL vacation for you and Jim is perfect, maybe share a drive down and a room or two on the way.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #13
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
when trump restricted travel from china early on, the left attacked trump for it, Bidenís exact words were that it was hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongering.

but itís wicked smaht when president Biden does it.
Jim, you are really going to play that card? There has been a worldwide build up of science and resources to fight and learn about what this virus is capable of. At the time of Trump's action, there was little known and Biden was formalizing a legitimate run for the office. No one knew squat about Covid. Comparing the two is unfair. Biden has a much more developed scientific community to draw upon, that actually is working together to share information and early warning/detection. Your post would be putting Doolittle's Raiders up against the atomic bomb at even money.... Take your shots, but don't take cheap ones.

ďAmericans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.Ē Ė James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #14
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

Take your shots, but don't take cheap ones.
the point, obviously...was that Biden, Pelosi and others used the opportunity... to characterize trump's travel bans as racist, xenophobic and other horrible things that had nothing to do with the actual reasons for the travel bans...

you can surely figure that out....

"Let's go Brandon!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	68583  
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Actually based on November reporting of all states per 100,000 FL is #12 on the list of all 52 states, but i think a FL vacation for you and Jim is perfect, maybe share a drive down and a room or two on the way.
floridaís recent case counts per 100k are the lowest in the nation. when floridaís weekly numbers were bad, you guys all piled on. now that hit weekly numbers are awesome, crickets are chirping.

since the beginning, their case rates are 12th. but they have a massive elderly population, and they havenít locked down like other states have.

based on their elderly population ( when i looked it up, the data said Florida has the second highest elderly population of any state), thatís not bad.

GS you can mock FL all you want. Huge numbers of people are moving there. Thatís the verdict. America rejects your assessment of Florida.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Jim, you are really going to play that card? There has been a worldwide build up of science and resources to fight and learn about what this virus is capable of. At the time of Trump's action, there was little known and Biden was formalizing a legitimate run for the office. No one knew squat about Covid. Comparing the two is unfair. Biden has a much more developed scientific community to draw upon, that actually is working together to share information and early warning/detection. Your post would be putting Doolittle's Raiders up against the atomic bomb at even money.... Take your shots, but don't take cheap ones.
you completely missed my point. my point was the hypocrisy. the left all
said trumps travel ban was racist. now travel bans are brilliant.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #17
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,128
Jimís left is 2 Dems. And Trumps only heroic actions on Covid was banning travel from China ..but heíll ignore the rest of the story. Biden bans travel from like 12 countries in Africa along with other countries .. and thinks thatís racists cuz he must think only blacks live there ..?

Israel bans foreigners from entering country to stop Omicron variant.. and the right will praise Israel..lol

Also Vaccine makers are already pivoting their efforts to combat the new variant: testing higher doses of booster shots, designing new boosters that anticipate strain mutations, and developing omicron-specific boosters.

So letís hope this variation isnít deadlier than the delta or more transmissible

But we all know already who wonít take it.. so get your ivermectin and what ever new wonder cure will emerge examples below

What happened to Delta? Did it fly off somewhere? 😁

Reply
Cloudchopper

The fear factor wore off. It also did not sound so threatening. Omicron sounds ominous.

2 classic responses from MAGA land



Itís funny to what see what outrages and concerns conservatives .. PS where are all these shortages the Right wing media has been pushing

Conservatives are spinning these developments into a tale about how this supply chain catastrophe is ruining Christmas ó and itís all Bidenís fault. My local stores are stocked up by the way
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:57 AM   #18
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,128
xenophobic fear-mongeringĒ is all about the ďChinese virusĒ phrasing Not about the ban

But we all know how Trumps base loved the term Chinese Virus and how sophisticated they think they are ! You donít have to look hard to see their latest inspiration. lets Go Brandon .. or Gosarís video or Boebert suicide bomber comment or Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to honor Kyle Rittenhouse with Congressional Gold Medal

But but Biden some how he is the real threat to Americans and America Ö. 😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #19
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jimís left is 2 Dems.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
nobody speaks more generally about more perceived groups, more often than you...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #20
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But but Biden some how he is the real threat to Americans and America Ö. 😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
he's not even a threat to tie his own shoes...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:01 AM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
xenophobic fear-mongeringĒ is all about the ďChinese virusĒ phrasing Not about the ban

But we all know how Trumps base loved the term Chinese Virus and how sophisticated they think they are ! You donít have to look hard to see their latest inspiration. lets Go Brandon .. or Gosarís video or Boebert suicide bomber comment or Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to honor Kyle Rittenhouse with Congressional Gold Medal

But but Biden some how he is the real threat to Americans and America Ö. 😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
heís not a threat ( hearing those voices again). heís a hypocrite. as are you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:03 AM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
xenophobic fear-mongeringĒ is all about the ďChinese virusĒ phrasing Not about the ban

But we all know how Trumps base loved the term Chinese Virus and how sophisticated they think they are ! You donít have to look hard to see their latest inspiration. lets Go Brandon .. or Gosarís video or Boebert suicide bomber comment or Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to honor Kyle Rittenhouse with Congressional Gold Medal

But but Biden some how he is the real threat to Americans and America Ö. 😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
the right didnít create letís go brandon. the media did.

the left has no sense of humor. none. have you noticed that?

rashida talib can say on tv ďimpeach the motherf*ckerĒ, and thatís fine with you. but you clutch your pearls in horror at ďletís go brandon.Ē.

deal with it. itís not going away. itís. reminder of how dishonest and biased the media and the left are.

you need a refresher on the things that were said about trump during his presidency?

whatís good for the gooseÖ

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:09 AM   #23
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

the left has no sense of humor. none. have you noticed that?


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I have

also...a "cheap shot" is not attacking someone as a racist for political purposes as they implement policies meant to keep out or slow a deadly virus from entering of the country...a "cheap shot" is pointing out the hypocrisy and irony of the guy who leveled the racist charge doing the exact thing when faced with similar circumstances.....

it actually sounds like they are saying trump was brilliant and prescient with his travel ban because biden needs months of data and a million scientists diligently working to come to the same conclusion trump arrived at without the benefit of any of that
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I have

also...a "cheap shot" is not attacking someone as a racist for political purposes as they implement policies meant to keep out or slow a deadly virus from entering of the country...a "cheap shot" is pointing out the hypocrisy and irony of the guy who leveled the racist charge doing the exact thing when faced with similar circumstances.....

it actually sounds like they are saying trump was brilliant and prescient with his travel ban because biden needs months of data and a million scientists diligently working to come to the same conclusion trump arrived at without the benefit of any of that
itís unbelievable. that party is falling apart, and people see it. thereís no hiding it.


theyíre stepping on one lawn rake after another, hitting themselves in the face with one cream pie after another.

ďletís bo brandonĒ is uncivilized! after the things we listened to for four years?

only a deeply insecure person has no ability to laugh at themself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:13 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
floridaís recent case counts per 100k are the lowest in the nation. when floridaís weekly numbers were bad, you guys all piled on. now that hit weekly numbers are awesome, crickets are chirping.

since the beginning, their case rates are 12th. but they have a massive elderly population, and they havenít locked down like other states have.

based on their elderly population ( when i looked it up, the data said Florida has the second highest elderly population of any state), thatís not bad.

GS you can mock FL all you want. Huge numbers of people are moving there. Thatís the verdict. America rejects your assessment of Florida.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You are too funny, do you know the retired have been moving to warmer places for decades?
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You are too funny, do you know the retired have been moving to warmer places for decades?
have fun answering thisÖwhy arenít they moving to southern california, which also has nice weather? go ahead and answer that one, big guy.

also, NH isnít losing big numbers of residents. they canít build
$500,000 houses fast enough in the NH suburbs. isnít NH cold?

i am hilarious, actually. but thatís not relevant there. what is relevant for you, is that iím honest, thoughtful, and unlike you, i can praise or criticize either side.

florida is booming. and part of that obviously is retirees. but young people and businesses are also moving there, their economy is booming and the state unemployment is low. thatís not a function of retirees.

you canít admit that, because it doesnít serve your agenda. iím not a zealot who needs to deny facts that make my side look bad, i have no problem admitting my sides flaws. none of you can do the same.

thereís plenty of good and bad people, good and bad ideas, on both sides. not one if you guys can admit that . youíre too insecure.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
biden called it hysterical
and xenophobic. is biden not a leader of the party?

biden called trumpís response to covid hysterical and xenophobic and fear mongerjng. biden made that statement, the day after trumps travel restrictions were announced.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah, I am going to call this one out for proof, Jim. My meager search results show this was referring to travel bans from Predominantly Muslim countries well BEFORE the world even heard of Covid.

ďAmericans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.Ē Ė James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
have fun answering thisÖwhy arenít they moving to southern california, which also has nice weather? go ahead and answer that one, big guy.

also, NH isnít losing big numbers of residents. they canít build
$500,000 houses fast enough in the NH suburbs. isnít NH cold?

i am hilarious, actually. but thatís not relevant there. what is relevant for you, is that iím honest, thoughtful, and unlike you, i can praise or criticize either side.

florida is booming. and part of that obviously is retirees. but young people and businesses are also moving there, their economy is booming and the state unemployment is low. thatís not a function of retirees.

you canít admit that, because it doesnít serve your agenda. iím not a zealot who needs to deny facts that make my side look bad, i have no problem admitting my sides flaws. none of you can do the same.

thereís plenty of good and bad people, good and bad ideas, on both sides. not one if you guys can admit that . youíre too insecure.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Like I sad you are too funny, google what retired are looking for, itís warmth, but to some itís dry as well, culture, skiing, fishing, taxes, real estate pricing, health care, the fact FL is right leaning Iím sure isnít at to top of anyoneís check list ahead of picking a retirement location. Donít get your needle stuck on my account, Iíve got a game to watch, but I know you itís too hard for you to not do it. Iíve missed poking fun at you and the snarky one, but this board has gotten boring and repetitive.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Like I sad you are too funny, google what retired are looking for, itís warmth, but to some itís dry as well, culture, skiing, fishing, taxes, real estate pricing, health care, the fact FL is right leaning Iím sure isnít at to top of anyoneís check list ahead of picking a retirement location. Donít get your needle stuck on my account, Iíve got a game to watch, but I know you itís too hard for you to not do it. Iíve missed poking fun at you and the snarky one, but this board has gotten boring and repetitive.
ďleaning rightĒ is why florida has low taxes, and low cost of living, attractive pricing. how can you not know this?

GS, can you please point me to a very liberal state, which is also a cheap place to live - low taxes, reasonable real
estate prices, etc,?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,955
GS: no one moves to florida because itís conservative! rather, they move to florida because of the very low taxes, the low cost of living, the preponderance of individual liberty, the strong robust economy, the tough stance on crime, the stateís fiscal responsibility, etcÖbut not because of the conservative politics!

ahh, lobbing personal insults, the last act of one who knows he lost.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com