Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
is it wrong to suggest our elections arenít fair with no evidence

Iím old enough to recall that people
criticized Trump for casting doubt on the integrity of our elections without compelling evidence.

Yet Biden did exactly that, yesterday. Biden is proactively saying the midterms wonít be fair or honest, unless they pass the legislation he wants.

Is it wrong, or is it not wrong, to make baseless claims that one side is stealing elections from the other? Or can we just admit itís ok when democrats do it, but a big no-no when republicans do itÖ
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,806
Gawd, that was awful. Ramble, ramble, ramble. Still hasn't answered half the questions... No wonder we are in the state we are in. Chinese and Russians had to be popping champagne watching that press conference. No one there to pull the plug....

ďAmericans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.Ē Ė James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #3
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,124
He was talking about States like GA who removed control of elections from the SEC of State and Gave it to themselves to determine the outcome of the election

Funny you never asked why would GA change it’s voting laws ? that they they selfs approved prior to the 2020 election?

But we all know why because Trump lost and the Sec of state would not find the votes Trump wanted him to find

But now the legislature can….

You do live in an amazing bubble where critical thinking isn’t a priority

Or how about Texas where a county of a million voters get the same amount of drop boxes 1 and the same amount of early voting hours as a county with 60 people

It screams voter suppression not election integrity
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:51 PM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He was talking about States like GA who removed control of elections from the SEC of State and Gave it to themselves to determine the outcome of the election

Funny you never asked why would GA change itís voting laws ? that they they selfs approved prior to the 2020 election?

But we all know why because Trump lost and the Sec of state would find the votes Trump wanted him to fine ..

But now the legislature canÖ.

You do live in an amazing bubble where critical thinking isnít a priority
the current GA voting laws allow for more days of early voting than bidenís home state of DE, and allow for easier access to absentee ballots than places like NY. those are facts. So iím not sure the Klan is running the show there.

But we all knew what youíd say, what Biden did was not only OK, but heroic!!

i assume
the state changes its laws for the same exact reason the democrats in DC want to set laws for all
states - to help themselves stay in power.

but again, as always, that motive is only problematic to you, when republicans do it. funny, when the democrats rats were in the senate minority, the filibuster was VITAL. now all of a sudden, its racist.

did you ever ask yourself why itís ok for the democrats to use the fillibuster hundreds of times in a year, but NOW they want to abolish it?

no you didnít.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-20-2022 at 12:58 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:52 PM   #5
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

He was talking about States like GA who removed control of elections from the SEC of State and Gave it to themselves to determine the outcome of the election
WUT???
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #6
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Gawd, that was awful. Ramble, ramble, ramble. Still hasn't answered half the questions... No wonder we are in the state we are in. Chinese and Russians had to be popping champagne watching that press conference. No one there to pull the plug....
Biden rambles Trump just lied and made stuff up..

I’ll take rambling over dishonesty every time regardless of party
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #7
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

Chinese and Russians had to be popping champagne watching that press conference. No one there to pull the plug....
I'd send Hillary2024 over with plastic RESET buttons to give them,,,,,worked great last time!
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:54 PM   #8
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
WUT???
Thatís what happens when you are uninformed . You get surprised
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:55 PM   #9
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Biden rambles Trump just lied and made stuff up..

Iíll take rambling over dishonesty every time regardless of party
Biden is plenty dishonest...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:58 PM   #10
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the current GA voting laws allow for more days of early voting than bidenís home state of DE, and allow for easier access to absentee ballots than places like NY. those are facts. So iím not sure the Klan is running the show there.

But we all knew what youíd say, what Biden did was not only OK, but heroic!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


Wow itís amazing you avoided the real reason it was changed imagine That and you go right to the Delaware example as if it actually is apples to apples. More. Whataboutism

Get back to me when Delaware change their laws because a candidate loses an election ..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:59 PM   #11
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Biden is plenty dishonest...
An accusation with out an example shocking
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:00 PM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,821
How can you tell a politician is lying?

His lips are moving
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
An accusation with out an example shocking
are you effing serious? arrested with nelson mandela, former tractor trailer driver, plagiarist, beat up a chain-wielding drug kingpin named Corn Pop.

how many do you want?

hereís a nice list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....r-america/amp/

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:44 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He was talking about States like GA who removed control of elections from the SEC of State and Gave it to themselves to determine the outcome of the election

Funny you never asked why would GA change itís voting laws ? that they they selfs approved prior to the 2020 election?

But we all know why because Trump lost and the Sec of state would not find the votes Trump wanted him to find

But now the legislature canÖ.

You do live in an amazing bubble where critical thinking isnít a priority

Or how about Texas where a county of a million voters get the same amount of drop boxes 1 and the same amount of early voting hours as a county with 60 people

It screams voter suppression not election integrity
No according to Jim and his comrades everyone can vote as easily as everyone else and nothing you say will sway their opinion.

Hey Mitch McConnell responded to a reporters question stating ďWell, the concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African-American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,Ē boy if that doesn't say exactly what the rights agenda is; suppressing the votes they need to in order to stay in power or win seats lost. A little slip of the tongue, not quite American enough for them.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:56 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No according to Jim and his comrades everyone can vote as easily as everyone else and nothing you say will sway their opinion.

Hey Mitch McConnell responded to a reporters question stating ďWell, the concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African-American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,Ē boy if that doesn't say exactly what the rights agenda is; suppressing the votes they need to in order to stay in power or win seats lost. A little slip of the tongue, not quite American enough for them.
just show me evidence that the Ga law suppressed votes. shouldnít be hard. again, the GA law slows more days of early voting then Bidenís home state of DE, and allows easier access to absentee ballots than. any blue states. so itís not clear to me that the Klan came up with that law.

here in CT, two governors races in a row, they mysteriously ran out of ballots in bridgeport and hartford ( who knew you need ballots on election day?), so polls stayed open in those two cities ( where 99% of the vote is democrat) for hours longer than the designated close of 8 pm. and wouldnít you know it, by a stunning coincidence, the democrats won two close races.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
GS, i keep hearing liberals say that the Georgia laws are ďJim Crow.Ē

Can you, pretty please, point to one part of the current GA voting laws, which have different voting rules for blacks? Because thatís what Jim Crow was.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:26 PM   #17
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

here in CT, two governors races in a row, they mysteriously ran out of ballots in bridgeport and hartford ( who knew you need ballots on election day?), so polls stayed open in those two cities ( where 99% of the vote is democrat) for hours longer than the designated close of 8 pm. and wouldn’t you know it, by a stunning coincidence, the democrats won two close races.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you must be talking about 2010

your comment lacks context.

Bport has 69K voters, they ordered 21K ballots. Recommendation is to order 1 ballot per voter. I Only the people in line (and who arrived before 8) at the time they ran out of ballots where allowed to vote. Not all precincts ran out of ballots so only the precinct where they ran out ballots had the hours extended. A Republican elections official suggested they go home until ballots arrived, he said even though that would disqualified those voters.

Was it a surprise that heavily D Bport voted D in that election?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:35 PM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
you must be talking about 2010

your comment lacks context.

Bport has 69K voters, they ordered 21K ballots. Recommendation is to order 1 ballot per voter. I Only the people in line (and who arrived before 8) at the time they ran out of ballots where allowed to vote. Not all precincts ran out of ballots so only the precinct where they ran out ballots had the hours extended. A Republican elections official suggested they go home until ballots arrived, he said even though that would disqualified those voters.

Was it a surprise that heavily D Bport voted D in that election?
happened in two consecutive governors races. funny, they had enough ballots in the conservative districts. two elections in a row, they ran out of ballots in democrat districts. just a coincidence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:37 PM   #19
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
you must be talking about 2010

your comment lacks context.

Bport has 69K voters, they ordered 21K ballots. Recommendation is to order 1 ballot per voter. I Only the people in line (and who arrived before 8) at the time they ran out of ballots where allowed to vote. Not all precincts ran out of ballots so only the precinct where they ran out ballots had the hours extended. A Republican elections official suggested they go home until ballots arrived, he said even though that would disqualified those voters.

Was it a surprise that heavily D Bport voted D in that election?
wrong. they did not turn away buyers who showed up late, who werenít in line earlier. had they done that, thereís be zero reason to gripe. they a. ounces early that those stations would be open late, then spread the word.

well it worked out for the best as Malloy has eliminated our debt and cut taxes and made us more competitive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:38 PM   #20
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
GS, i keep hearing liberals say that the Georgia laws are ďJim Crow.Ē

Can you, pretty please, point to one part of the current GA voting laws, which have different voting rules for blacks? Because thatís what Jim Crow was.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The rules aren't different. They have just found ways that people vote that are more popular amongst Blacks and have changed those bc they impact Blacks more. They looked at the huge Black turnout in the last election and said how can we lower it? It looks like Black's use drop boxes more, so let's do away with many of the drop boxes (limit it to 1 per 100K people - so it impacts the crowded Urban areas which are more Black in GA and contain 1/3 of the Black pop. in GA). We know many of the polling locations in Black areas were packed and people had to wait for hours so let's limit the amount of water people can give those Blacks who have been waiting in line for hours in the hope those Blacks leave. They banned the use of mobile election sites. The R controlled legislature now has more control over elections. It goes on and on.

So why did Georgia decide to change their voting law and was it only a coincidence these changes occurred after huge Black turnout and R election loses?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:39 PM   #21
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
happened in two consecutive governors races. funny, they had enough ballots in the conservative districts. two elections in a row, they ran out of ballots in democrat districts. just a coincidence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So where is the fraud? Otherwise why complain?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #22
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
well it worked out for the best as Malloy has eliminated our debt and cut taxes and made us more competitive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Maybe if so much of our taxes wasn't being transferred to those failed R states (think Mitch McConnell's Kent) our taxes would be much less.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:42 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
GS, i keep hearing liberals say that the Georgia laws are “Jim Crow.”

Can you, pretty please, point to one part of the current GA voting laws, which have different voting rules for blacks? Because that’s what Jim Crow was.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rather give you the reasons I don't pick up your hundreds of challenges you give me and others in your never endless quest to be always right.

“Arguing with a fool proves there are two.”

“I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.”

This next one really is more suited for Scott.

“Rule #1 during arguments: If you’re losing, start correcting their grammar.”

Mark Twain said it best: Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Rather give you the reasons I don't pick up your hundreds of challenges you give me and others in your never endless quest to be always right.

ďArguing with a fool proves there are two.Ē

ďI never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.Ē

This next one really is more suited for Scott.

ďRule #1 during arguments: If youíre losing, start correcting their grammar.Ē

Mark Twain said it best: Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who.
in other words, even guy know thereís nothing remotely Jim Crow-like in that law, but you canít bring yourself to admit that your side is lying about it.

gotcha.

ďendless quest to always be right.Ē

in this thread, you implied a racial
element to biting laws. i asked for evidence to back that up, thatís all.

you guys crack me up. Biden said itís Jim Crow, so it must therefore be true!!

you post quote after quote after quote about what an idiot i am. yet i stopped you absolutely dead in your tracks, by simply asking you for a speck of evidence to support your claim.

GS : GA voting laws are racist.

Jim: whatís specifically about the laws?

GS: i donít waste time with morons!




Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:48 PM   #25
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Maybe if so much of our taxes wasn't being transferred to those failed R states (think Mitch McConnell's Kent) our taxes would be much less.
define "failed states"....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:51 PM   #26
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
This next one really is more suited for Scott.

ďRule #1 during arguments: If youíre losing, start correcting their grammar.Ē
I'm mocking your arrogance and stupidity...it's different
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:56 PM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Maybe if so much of our taxes wasn't being transferred to those failed R states (think Mitch McConnell's Kent) our taxes would be much less.
iím sure thatís the only reason why Ct is broke. weíve never wasted a dime. that 9 mile busway that cost 900 zillion dollars, which nobody rides? all happened because of
mitch mcconnell.

up until a few years ago, he chief of the uconn police department ( few dozen cops watching over college kids) had a higher salary than the head of the new york city police department. Thatís all Ted Cruzs fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-20-2022 at 03:02 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:03 PM   #28
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,760
can you imagine what a conversation between pelosi and biden must be like at this point?....babbling and drooling and lots of bathroom breaks
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:03 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
can you imagine what a conversation between pelosi and biden must be like at this point?....babbling and drooling and lots of bathroom breaks
and talks about plastic surgeons who do hair
plugs and botox.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:36 PM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,821
Crypt Keeper meets Sloth
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com