Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
JohnnyD

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist...

A couple of current events struck me as interestingly timed. Now, I'm not much for conspiracies and I know this post will feed the folks here that grasp on to anything that can be swung negative and used against Dems and the current Administration but...

First, the Reserve's move to buy $600 billion in Treasury purchase.

This easily could have been spun by Republicans and potentially moved some middle of the road voters to vote Republican.
"Here they go again, spending money instead of making cuts."

Second, (and this one is probably more of a coincidence but still interesting timing) the announcement yesterday that border officials discovered 30 tons of pot and a tunnel that ran from Tijuana into San Diego. The Feds were strongly against Prop 19 and this is another case where pro-legalization folks could have leveraged this bust.
"You people see what keeping Marijuana illegal is doing? Just this week a smuggling operation was discovered. Keeping pot illegal only helps fun the cartels."

Discuss.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
iamskippy

agreed, we as citizens are brain washed by the propoganda administration here, this is know as the news media, like nazi germany. they fill the heads of the people with clear cut bull%$%$%$%$ and negativeity just to be successful at there hidden agenda's. hence why i dont vote, watch the news or look at any news publication. I would rather read from blogs of common folk with a half a brain then some dim witted politicians or news casters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
A couple of current events struck me as interestingly timed. Now, I'm not much for conspiracies and I know this post will feed the folks here that grasp on to anything that can be swung negative and used against Dems and the current Administration but...

First, the Reserve's move to buy $600 billion in Treasury purchase.

This easily could have been spun by Republicans and potentially moved some middle of the road voters to vote Republican.
"Here they go again, spending money instead of making cuts."

Second, (and this one is probably more of a coincidence but still interesting timing) the announcement yesterday that border officials discovered 30 tons of pot and a tunnel that ran from Tijuana into San Diego. The Feds were strongly against Prop 19 and this is another case where pro-legalization folks could have leveraged this bust.
"You people see what keeping Marijuana illegal is doing? Just this week a smuggling operation was discovered. Keeping pot illegal only helps fun the cartels."

Discuss.
JD - The fed move has been anticipated for months and already baked into most projections. This is not really the govt spending (like the stimulus) its more of a monetary move, buying our own debt. Im not sure what the pros/cons are but dont think the timing had anything to do with the election.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
JD - The fed move has been anticipated for months and already baked into most projections. This is not really the govt spending (like the stimulus) its more of a monetary move, buying our own debt. Im not sure what the pros/cons are but dont think the timing had anything to do with the election.
It's printing more money,writing yourself an IOU for money you never had. It will lead to inflation. There are no pros.

I don't have a dog in the Prop 19 fight. I just don't want a "Pot head" driving the bus my kids ride in.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Nebe

your guys are insane.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Then I suppose we should legalize Cocaine?? Meth?? What next??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Ya, legalize pot so our workers can smoke it on break and lunch.

That should help increase our productivity.

" Choose Life "
Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
iamskippy

less stress claims and violence? force the welfare rats out of pub housing and get a real job. lets not forget hemp use to be a cash crop in the country george washington use to harvest it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
scottw

I just drove through some of Barney Frank's district...a remarkable amount of government subsidized/ provided housing under new construction and being refurbished "economic stimulus"
Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
You and I (and most others here) understand that. But in a country where 18% of Americans still think Obama is Muslim:

it seems like a topic that could very easily be spun for political gain.

Listen, this isn't a thread about should we or shouldn't legalize pot, we've already had half a dozen of those. Just like my employees can't go get drunk at lunch or before getting in the car, there's no reason pot should be treated differently.

I'm more interested in the timing of when information has been released rather than arguing the actual topics.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I'm more interested in the timing of when information has been released rather than arguing the actual topics.
you are such a sleuth

most information is released late on Friday afternoons
Old 11-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #12
Raven

the conspiracy runs deeper than The Mariana Trench