Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2021, 11:52 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
see you at the meeting
The Republicans blocked the $1.5 trillion infastructure bill, not the progressive democrats. That's what he's saying.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Let's stick with this.

Are you going to state here, that the situation at the border isn't different than it was a year ago? We don't have meaningfully more people crossing now? Is that what you're saying?

what you see at the border is only new in your imagination Illegal immigration increased. Apprehensions at the Southwest border rose 14.7% last year compared with 2016.

I'm trying to talk to you Wayne, you make it impossible when you say nonsense like that. "The border" itself, the physical border, hasn't changed, there hasn't been an earthquake that would change the border. But the situation at the border, has changed drastically. And no one gives a sh*t if you can't accept that. America sees it, which is why Biden's numbers are tanking (but Spence says he's actually doing well, so you can ignore that too).

And if you think by me saying the border hasn't changed is somehow about its physical appearance your making thing up again ... you must think apprehension equal admission into the the Country ? what laws Has Biden changes that Trump passed ? NONE executive orders are just that.. so what's Changed on our side NOTHING .. But clearly more are trying on the mexican side..

"You left out the stock market is still breaking records"

True, and important to mention. But you would never discuss that when Trump was president. I mentioned that because you gave much praise to Trump for the markets and now crickets I did not
FYI 19 Republicans who voted in favor of the Infrastructure bill how many dems 50?

but thanks for focusing on the ONLY bill some Republicans voted on

how many Bill have they filibustered ... And republicans dare speak about the tyranny of the majority !

when it's more like GOP's tyranny of the minority

here's an example A Fox News poll released last week found that 67 percent of voters support requiring teachers and students to wear masks in schools. Even in the “reddish” state of Florida,

Gov. Ron DeSantis don’t appear to care what the majority of voters want; instead, many are singularly concerned with what keeps the GOP base happy.

The GOP is giving us a master class in the tyranny of the minority. Republicans across the nation are enacting polices on issues from Covid safeguards to restrictions on abortion and voting rights that are opposed by a solid majority of Americans — but are supported by the much smaller GOP base.

that's the real threat to America
Old 10-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
FYI 19 what you see at the border is only new in your imagination Illegal immigration increased.
Gibberish. You say noting changed, then say illegal crossings increased.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:47 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
FYI 19 Republicans who voted in favor of the Infrastructure bill how many dems 50?

but thanks for focusing on the ONLY bill some Republicans voted on

how many Bill have they filibustered ... And republicans dare speak about the tyranny of the majority !

when it's more like GOP's tyranny of the minority

here's an example A Fox News poll released last week found that 67 percent of voters support requiring teachers and students to wear masks in schools. Even in the “reddish” state of Florida,

Gov. Ron DeSantis don’t appear to care what the majority of voters want; instead, many are singularly concerned with what keeps the GOP base happy.

The GOP is giving us a master class in the tyranny of the minority. Republicans across the nation are enacting polices on issues from Covid safeguards to restrictions on abortion and voting rights that are opposed by a solid majority of Americans — but are supported by the much smaller GOP base.

that's the real threat to America
"Republicans who voted in favor of the Infrastructure bill how many dems 50? "

FACT: that infastructure bill did not pass, because the progressive democrats hijacked it. Not because of anything the GOP did.

"how many Bill have they filibustered

Beats me. How many did the democrats fillibuster under Trump? Zero? Or do you only oppose fillibustering when the democrats are in control?

"when it's more like GOP's tyranny of the minority "

Cue the sinister music. Dun dun dun!!!

"67 percent of voters support requiring teachers and students to wear masks in schools. Even in the “reddish” state of Florida,"

But the science doesn't support little kids wearing masks in schools. So I don't care what the majority wants.

"Gov. Ron DeSantis don’t appear to care what the majority of voters want;"

That must explain why he's so unpopular there, and why everyone is fleeing FL and moving to CA instead!

"Republicans across the nation are enacting polices on issues from Covid safeguards to restrictions on abortion"

I don't think people elect republicans because they promised to make abortion more widespread.

We get it, you don't like republicans. But there are huge pockets of the population that embrace conservatism. You need to learn to deal with it. Sometimes you get your way at election time, sometimes you don't. As Obama liked to say, "elections have consequences."

Unless there's another major crisis, the midterms are going to be a referendum on what America thinks about open borders, abortion until birth, men going to the bathroom with little girls, demonizing the police, viewing EVERYTHING through the lens of race, huge spikes in the price of gas, meaningful inflation for the first time in many many years, green new deals, druggies shooting up on the lawns of public elementary schools, China continuing to rise in power, etc. Not all of that is the fault of Democrats, but not all of covid was Trump's fault, either. Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Obama got absolutely creamed in his first midterm. And Biden isn't Obama.

The Republicans don't need to do anything, just sit back and watch AOC lead the entire democratic party right off the lefty cliff.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Gibberish. You say noting changed, then say illegal crossings increased.
apprehensions do you understand what that means do you understand they go up and down and have done so even under your beloved Trump
Old 10-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
apprehensions do you understand what that means do you understand they go up and down and have done so even under your beloved Trump
but they’ve increased to new highs under biden. and that’s on him. because he makes them
feel like he welcomes them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
"Republicans who voted in favor of the Infrastructure bill how many dems 50? "

FACT: that infastructure bill did not pass, because the progressive democrats hijacked it. Not because of anything the GOP did.

it hasn't been voted on yet to be signed into law but hea why would know that

"how many Bill have they filibustered

Beats me. How many did the democrats fillibuster under Trump? Zero? Or do you only oppose fillibustering when the democrats are in control? like none because Mitch wouldn't bring a vote on a bill unless he knew Trump would sign it Hundreds of bills created in the House of Representatives lingered in McConnell's dead bill file! Soooooo filibuster opportunities were unavailable!
"when it's more like GOP's tyranny of the minority "

Cue the sinister music. Dun dun dun!!!

"67 percent of voters support requiring teachers and students to wear masks in schools. Even in the “reddish” state of Florida,"

But the science doesn't support little kids wearing masks in schools. So I don't care what the majority wants. Whos science jim yours

"Gov. Ron DeSantis don’t appear to care what the majority of voters want;"

That must explain why he's so unpopular there, and why everyone is fleeing FL and moving to CA instead! get a new argument thats relevant

"Republicans across the nation are enacting polices on issues from Covid safeguards to restrictions on abortion"

I don't think people elect republicans because they promised to make abortion more widespread. ya ok

We get it, you don't like republicans. But there are huge pockets of the population that embrace conservatism. and do you have a point other then they live in gerrymandered districts or in states that get 2 senators and have less populations then some Cities You need to learn to deal with it. Sometimes you get your way at election time, sometimes you don't. As Obama liked to say, "elections have consequences." yes jim elections have consequences when the republican is willing to rig the game to hold so many seats while representing only if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, “the Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half.”

Unless there's another major crisis, the midterms are going to be a referendum on what America thinks about open borders, abortion until birth, men going to the bathroom with little girls, demonizing the police, viewing EVERYTHING through the lens of race, huge spikes in the price of gas, meaningful inflation for the first time in many many years, green new deals, druggies shooting up on the lawns of public elementary schools, China continuing to rise in power, etc. Not all of that is the fault of Democrats, but not all of covid was Trump's fault, either. Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Obama got absolutely creamed in his first midterm. And Biden isn't Obama.

The Republicans don't need to do anything, just sit back and watch AOC lead the entire democratic party right off the lefty cliff.
we'll see who the republicans put forward as candidates it will be interesting .. that 41,549,808 million more people than the republican Half just saying
Old 10-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
.. that 41,549,808 million more people than the republican Half just saying
What does that gibberish mean?
Old 10-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
it hasn't been voted on yet to be signed into law but hea why would know that
10 minutes ago you told me 19 republicans voted for it. Now you're saying it hasn't been voted on.

I'm trying to take you seriously, you make it difficult.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:55 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
the republican is willing to rig the game to hold so many seats while representing only if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, “the Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half
Did "the republicans" do that? Or the founding fathers? WDMSO, that was the deal the founding fathers offered to the less-populated colonies, to get them to join the union. I'm not going to deny that lately, that's working out better for the right than for the left.

Maybe it wasn't that smart for the left to come up with an agenda that's only popular in the heavily-populated areas on the two coasts. Maybe if the left didn't have such obvious contempt for everyone who lives between the coasts, they'd do better within the electoral college. That's their fault, not the GOP's fault.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile in the real world, the Justice Department has added two top prosecutors from Washington to the child sex trafficking investigation of Republican Matt Gaetz
Old 10-21-2021, 09:20 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Did "the republicans" do that? Or the founding fathers? WDMSO, that was the deal the founding fathers offered to the less-populated colonies, to get them to join the union. I'm not going to deny that lately, that's working out better for the right than for the left.

Maybe it wasn't that smart for the left to come up with an agenda that's only popular in the heavily-populated areas on the two coasts. Maybe if the left didn't have such obvious contempt for everyone who lives between the coasts, they'd do better within the electoral college. That's their fault, not the GOP's fault.
Because White Supremacy’s the American way

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2021, 10:35 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Because White Supremacy’s the American way
Currently, Black Lives Matter is the American way.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

BLM does poll better than the Trumplican party
Old 10-22-2021, 09:18 AM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
10 minutes ago you told me 19 republicans voted for it. Now you're saying it hasn't been voted on.

I'm trying to take you seriously, you make it difficult.
I guess your not sure how a bill becomes a law Not surprised
Old 10-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
I guess your not sure how a bill becomes a law Not surprised
it hasn’t been voted on in the house.

DO YOU KNOW WHO CONTROLS WHAT GETS VOTED ON IN THE HOUSE?

Nancy Pelosi controls that. She won’t bring it to a vote, because the progressives have made it clear they won’t vote for it.

Naturally, You say that’s all the republicans fault.

That’s some sound logic there. I mean it’s so rational.

If the democrats weren’t so completely dysfunctional, heys have passed the 1.5T i infastructure bill, that would have been a huge win. it’s a good bill that the country actually wants.

but nope. AOC and her marxist squad successfully held it hostage, connecting it to the 3.5T bill that was never going anywhere.

The democrats had big win right in their hands, but managed yet again to blow it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-22-2021 at 09:48 AM..