Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #91
scottw

Rhode Island says COVID-positive staff can return to work at hospitals and nursing homes to solve staffing crisis

if you are unvaccinated and test negative you get fired

if you are vaccinated and test positive you are urged to come to work
Old 01-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
boy oh boy, was that some selective editing. she said, based on the rules as written, he won, it that those rules suppress the vote, and therefore the election was stolen from the citizens

you can’t be honest. abrams spoke at length, and yiu cherrybouck one benign sounding phrase not even the whole sentence, and try to use that to characterize her entire statement.

pete, she has said 100 times it was stolen. every one of us knows she says it and it still saying it. but you can’t admit what we all know happened.

you’re a good liberal parrot pete. but you are not to be taken seriously, it’s impossible to talk seriously with you when you willfully deny everything that makes your side look bad. that requires an awful lot of lying and denial, but we have seen you’re up to the task.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

She’s just another liberal political women who works hard within the system, accomplishes goals and calls out foul play as she sees it.
She didn’t coordinate an effort to throw out valid votes, she was mad because the Georgia Secretary of State used his power to remove people from the voter list.
Oddly enough that Secretary of State was running for……Governor

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
She’s just another liberal political women who works hard within the system, accomplishes goals and calls out foul play as she sees it.
She didn’t coordinate an effort to throw out valid votes, she was mad because the Georgia Secretary of State used his power to remove people from the voter list.
Oddly enough that Secretary of State was running for……Governor
“calls out foul play as she sees it.”

which is what trump did. he saw foul play in his warped mind. So did she.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:30 PM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled

"Today the per capita death rate in Texas is about 35 percent higher than California’s. In Florida, it’s 50 percent higher. . . . If Texas and Florida had California’s per capita death rate, they would each have 20,000 more people alive today. Forty thousand lives saved."
Old 01-07-2022, 09:48 PM   #95
wdmso

The worlds had enough of the unvaccinated
Greece plans to fine elderly citizens who don’t get a shot

France to tighten rules for unvaccinated people 'putting country at risk'

Germany puts major restrictions on unvaccinated

the world is getting tough on unvaccinated people: Singapore gives them the bill, New Zealand says ‘no jab, no job’ and the US says ‘please’
Old 01-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #96
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“calls out foul play as she sees it.”

which is what trump did. he saw foul play in his warped mind. So did she.
More running defense for Trump Jim stop trying to walk the fence and own it you support Trump and his supporters seditious attempt to overturn the election… your whole defense is based on false equivalence you insist are evidence that’s anything and everything is the same
Old 01-08-2022, 03:04 AM   #97
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The worlds had enough of the unvaccinated
Greece plans to fine elderly citizens who don’t get a shot

France to tighten rules for unvaccinated people 'putting country at risk'

Germany puts major restrictions on unvaccinated

the world is getting tough on unvaccinated people: Singapore gives them the bill, New Zealand says ‘no jab, no job’ and the US says ‘please’
maybe just exterminate them and be done with these deplorables....

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?...I know some of them too

it's always good when Germany starts treating a segment of their population harshly...I heard Italy is too...

Last edited by scottw; 01-08-2022 at 03:13 AM..
Old 01-08-2022, 04:23 AM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

How dare they say you must have life preservers on boats, some people have survived mishaps without them and people drown even with life preservers and lifeboats.🤷#^&♂️

In yesterday’s Supreme Court case, lawyers who have COVID and aren’t allowed in the Supreme Court building argued that other people should have to go to work with unvaccinated/untested people.

You need proof of vaccination and a negative PCR test and to wear a mask even to get into the court building. These are the rules to keep people working safely. The lawyers and justices seem content with their own working conditions.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:42 AM   #99
scottw

Quote:

How dare they say you must have life preservers on boats

In yesterday’s Supreme Court case

You need proof of vaccination and a negative PCR test and to wear a mask even to get into the court building. what is the difference between a vaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask and an unvaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask?

These are the rules to keep people working safely. The lawyers and justices seem content with their own working conditions.

didn't say that...but they should probably make people wear three life preservers the entire time they are on a boat to be sure that they absolutely do not drown or take anyone down with them...

in yesterday's supreme court hearings we learned that Kagan and Breyer are idiots

it would make more sense to punish or get rid of the unhealthy vaccinated...they are going to continue to clog up the medical system and consume more than their weight in medical services despite covid....getting vaccinated just means they can continue their unhealthy lifestyle, they might be slightly less susceptible to covid or not, at least till the next variant, but they are still 100% susceptible to all of the other health threats they've made themselves targets for driving up medical and insurance cost for the rest of us...why do we put up with these people as a society?
Old 01-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

The difference is you can get into the Supreme Court, for the rest of the country I guess it doesn’t matter.

If you don’t care that there are medical facilities available in case of an accident, severe illness etc, of course don’t get vaccinated.
You have a 90% chance of not being hospitalized if you’re vaccinated.

If some find medicine so frightful, perhaps they’ll just stay home if they get Covid.

Full hospitals are a serious issue, in non pandemic times they don’t keep many beds empty. They are sized for the normal demand and most people don’t go for fun.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:12 AM   #101
scottw

Quote:
If you don’t care that there are medical facilities available in case of an accident, severe illness etc, of course don’t get vaccinated.

If some find medicine so frightful, perhaps they’ll just stay home if they get Covid.

Full hospitals are a serious issue, in non pandemic times they don’t keep many beds empty. They are sized for the normal demand and most people don’t go for fun.

what is the difference between a vaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask and an unvaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask?
Old 01-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #102
scottw

Quote:

I think you have an even higher chance of not being hospitalized if you are healthy...
Old 01-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what is the difference between a vaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask and an unvaccinated negative pcr test person wearing a mask?
The difference is you can get into the Supreme Court, for the rest of the country I guess it doesn’t matter.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #104
scottw

Quote:
nice dodge....sort of
Old 01-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #105
wdmso

Quote:
maybe just exterminate them and be done with these deplorables....

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?...I know some of them too

it's always good when Germany starts treating a segment of their population harshly...I heard Italy is too...
It’s a sad day when the goal is to keep Americans out of the Hospitals so Americans with other issues are not left on the sidewalk waiting for a bed

But people on the right and other anti vax people seem to not care who’s on the sidewalk ! And twist this vaccine as a form of control or an attack on their freedom.

The word freedom is now attached to any argument or topic from conservatives they agree or disagree with .

We are lucky today’s GOP and it’s supporters were not around during WW 1 or WW 2. Food, gas and clothing were rationed. Communities conducted scrap metal drives. They would be crying about their freedoms as individuals. but they would have been on board. With Japanese Americans having their rights as citizens stripped from them that much is certain

It’s funny the entire world sees being unvaccinated for what it is. A problem to society. regardless of right wing media is saying they the vaccines are doing just what they were designed to keep people out of the hospital …

someone should ask rand Paul what happened to natural immunity?

Op-Ed: Rand Paul: the ophthalmologist "The science proves people with natural immunity should skip COVID vaccines"

That’s the unvaccinated source of info people like rand or the usual YouTube tictok or FB or Twitter full of info and empty on experience and credentials

I know a family of 4 2had Covid 1st time around and 2 did not all got the vaccine and now all 4 tested positive.. what changed the virus
Changed it became more transmissible than delta but we and the world got lucky it’s not as deadly
But conservatives and anti vax people across the globe are the same it’s about only about them .

But they cry foul when their inaction causes Governments to deny them access to people and places fine them or raise their insurance rates because they are a RISK or provide no coverage at all if the do get sick and hospitalized , and send them the. Bill .

Imagine if all these people refusing the vaccines in the United States were Muslim. Imagine the rights outrage

Last edited by wdmso; 01-08-2022 at 10:07 AM..
Old 01-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #106
scottw

Quote:

Imagine if all these people refusing the vaccines in the United States were Muslim. Imagine the rights outrage
^^^^digging pretty deep...

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?

also....if an unvaccinated person gets covid from a vaccinated person...whose fault is it?
Old 01-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

hey wayne...who is worse?...someone who is unvaccinated and has never gotten covid(I know some) or someone who is double vaccinated and boostered and has gotten covid twice now?

also....if an unvaccinated person gets covid from a vaccinated person...whose fault is it?
WTF is your point?

75% of Americans are vaccinated and the majority of the hospitalized are unvaccinated.

As far as fault goes, if a person chooses not to get the free vaccine and ends up in the hospital, they should get the bill.

Just a little personal responsibility

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2022, 12:55 PM   #108
scottw

Quote:
WTF is your point?

75% of Americans are vaccinated and the majority of the hospitalized are unvaccinated.

As far as fault goes, if a person chooses not to get the free vaccine and ends up in the hospital, they should get the bill.

Just a little personal responsibility
good job not answering again....
Old 01-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #109
scottw

Quote:

are those the 100,000 children on ventilators?
Old 01-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #110
wdmso

Quote:

I know some

Is that your argument. [I You know a needle in a haystack ]

So it’s all a lie vaccines don’t work

How luck are we that this latest highly contagious variant isn’t killing the vaccinated or hospitalizing them .. but the effects and outcomes are not so charitable..

Let me give you an example of an insurance clause I’ve dealt with let’s call it a mandate

In the service you are covered with life insurance up to 300k because let’s face it no private insurance company is going to cover someone who may die in combat at a reasonable premium
But if you drive a motorcycle you must have a hi visibility vest on while operating or wear a seatbelt. If you are killed in an accident with out these 2 requirements. They don’t pay the claim

And that’s were we are with the unvaccinated it’s their choice

And it’s the choice of insurance or employers governments and private companies to say no vaccine no services

Freedom isnt a one way street like conservatives would love us to believe
Old 01-08-2022, 04:34 PM   #111
scottw

Quote:

But if you drive a motorcycle you must have a hi visibility vest on while operating or wear a seatbelt.
seat belts on motorcycles...good one
Old 01-08-2022, 04:35 PM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
good job not answering again....

Testing only tells you if you have enough of a viral load to trigger the test, you can actually be infected and not trigger the test.
Since an unvaccinated person has a greater chance of contracting Covid, they also have a greater chance of spreading Covid at any point in time.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2022, 04:40 PM   #113
scottw

Quote:

So it’s all a lie vaccines don’t work
never said that....but they aren't working all that great as all the vaxxed are still in masks and going to the hospital and buying up all the test kits, if only the president would do as he guaranteed...

but as you said, fortunately Joemicron has pretty mild symptoms...

so when they tell you later this year that they want you double vaccinated and triple boostered AND they want you to GET INFECTED because it's your patriotic and civil duty....hope you head right out and dutifully comply...or maybe the drug companies will have an infection pill for you....bet you'll gobble that right down if fauci tells you to
Old 01-09-2022, 01:47 AM   #114
scottw

Quote:

Since an unvaccinated person has a greater chance of contracting Covid, they also have a greater chance of spreading Covid at any point in time.

I don't know that this is true any more....and based on the numbers we're seeing it probably isn't

NY TIMES Published Dec. 19, 2021
Updated Dec. 21, 2021

A growing body of preliminary research suggests the Covid vaccines used in most of the world offer almost no defense against becoming infected by the highly contagious Omicron variant.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:33 AM   #115
scottw

Quote:
"Today the per capita death rate in Texas is about 35 percent higher than California’s. In Florida, it’s 50 percent higher. . . . If Texas and Florida had California’s per capita death rate, they would each have 20,000 more people alive today. Forty thousand lives saved."
"TODAY"

actually if you are fair and look at the overall statistics, according to Worldometers NJ,NY Michigan, Masss and RI all have higher deaths per million than Florida...Florida is 16th, Texas 27th and during the recent omicron spike, despite the high infections only reporting a couple of deaths per day while NY and Cali are reporting around 100+ per day....deaths in NY, NJ are going up and Fla deaths are declining

Sun Sentinel

Florida has second-lowest COVID death rate in US What's
19 hours ago —
Florida's seven-day average as of Friday was of 0.09 deaths a day per 100,000, or the state with the second-lowest rate in the country.

if that's not good enough for you and since you like to take snap shots and scream at the sky

according to NY Times

states ranked by death rate as of Jan 7th last 7 days

deaths per 100,000
Florida 0.09
California 0.14

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...te-july-1.html

SWEDEN Jan 8, 2022

Sweden this week reported the highest daily number of confirmed cases so far. But its rate of excess deaths during the pandemic is now less than most other countries in Europe.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:56 AM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I don't know that this is true any more....and based on the numbers we're seeing it probably isn't

NY TIMES Published Dec. 19, 2021
Updated Dec. 21, 2021

A growing body of preliminary research suggests the Covid vaccines used in most of the world offer almost no defense against becoming infected by the highly contagious Omicron variant.
That’s possibly true, but the majority of the hospitalized are the unvaccinated minority.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2022, 08:24 AM   #117
scottw

Quote:

but the majority of the hospitalized are the unvaccinated minority.

this is meaningless hyperbole
Old 01-09-2022, 09:09 AM   #118
wdmso

QAnon influencer who spread conspiracy theories and misinformation about COVID-19 dies after contracting the virus

Weldon is one of several conservative vaccine skeptics who have died from COVID-19 during the pandemic, including Phil Valentine, Marc Bernier, Doug Kuzma, and Pressley Stutts.

But People said Jim Jones was crazy his followers drank the koolaid and 900 died

How many people did these anti vaccine people take with them Normal people call them crazy and dangerous.

The right and conservatives call it freedom
Old 01-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
this is meaningless hyperbole
Slowly for the troll
Most of the hospitalized are not vaccinated

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Florida Republican Ron DeSantis allowed a state stockpile of more than 1 million rapid coronavirus tests to expire.
Because if you don’t test…….

And Governor Ron DeSantis announced, Friday, the state has 15,000 more doses of monoclonal antibody drug, Regeneron. However, medical experts say it does not work against the omicron variant.

"None of the three monoclonals that are in the Regeneron cocktail show any activity whatsoever against the omicron variant," Dr. Thomas Unnasch, a distinguished health professor at The University of South Florida, said. "Zero activity.”

Unnasch cites four studies published in December that show Regeneron has no effectiveness in preventing an omicron infection. Eli Lilly, the company that created the treatment, admitted the same after its own tests of Regeneron.