Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-07-2022, 08:09 PM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes, pump more oil is, by far, the cheapest and most practical.

i didn’t know the two choices were we electric cars or F-150, no other options? never heard of a honda accord?

many gas cars are also made by american workers. Never heard of GM?

average price of an electric vehicle is what, $50k? their range and lack of charging stations, aren’t practical for massive conversion yet. and if we all bought electric cars tomorrow, where would you suggest the electricity come
from to charge them? do we all have to rub balloons on our heads all day?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

You need to start yelling at the oil companies who actually control the pumping of oil

overall it takes an average of four weeks to get fuel from Oil to Gas

And a well It takes a standard oil well can to advance from drilling to the beginning of production for an oil company within one to three months.

You act as if there are no charging stations in the Country

Only you think the suggestion was just buy electric cars how myopic

And of course solar and wind and hydro provide no power LOL
It’s like 12% That saves oil to be redirected
Old 03-07-2022, 08:40 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You need to start yelling at the oil companies who actually control the pumping of oil

overall it takes an average of four weeks to get fuel from Oil to Gas

And a well It takes a standard oil well can to advance from drilling to the beginning of production for an oil company within one to three months.

You act as if there are no charging stations in the Country

Only you think the suggestion was just buy electric cars how myopic

And of course solar and wind and hydro provide no power LOL
It’s like 12% That saves oil to be redirected
if oil companies control the price, please explain why they allowed the price to get down to $35, eliminating all profits and tanking the stock price.

“you act as if there are no charging stations.”

never came close to saying that. i said there aren’t many, not nearly enough to serve all of us if we were to buy EVs.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:05 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
where did i compare them? i didnt. but falsely claiming that i did, is easier for you than actually responding.
“ In addition to that conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year"

Fine, end that...can we also end subsidies to Planned Parenthood?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-07-2022, 10:12 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
if oil companies control the price, please explain why they allowed the price to get down to $35, eliminating all profits and tanking the stock price.
Are you seriously this dense. Do you know how many calls I had with oil producers that had to be cancelled at the start of covid because they were all being let go?
Old 03-08-2022, 04:49 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Do you know how many calls I had with oil producers that had to be cancelled at the start of covid because they were all being let go?
this is a tough one...I'll guess 4...
Old 03-08-2022, 06:14 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Are you seriously this dense. Do you know how many calls I had with oil producers that had to be cancelled at the start of covid because they were all being let go?
i said multiple times, that much of the drop was due to covid related lack of demand, and that once covid eased, prices would go up no matter who was potus. i said that several times.

so who’s dense?

your side is saying oil companies set the price. i said supply and demand sets the price.

you didn’t refute anything i said, you’re saying the same exact thing i’m saying You refuted wdmso and pete, who said oil companies can set the price.

again, who is dense?

yet another crisis on the democrats’ watch. Another in a loooong list. After the debacle in Afghanistan, it’s been one failure after another. The s&p 500 is in a correction, and the Nasdaq is in bear territory. But surely someone like you, such a mover and shaker in the world of finance, knows this, knows what caused it. Right?

Americans blamed Bush for the subprime
mortgage crisis, not because he contributes to it, but because he was potus when it happened. Biden similarly owns all these colossal failures. Crime, inflation, illegal immigration hot mess, Afghanistan pullout, soaring debt, supply chain issues, russia emboldened, soaring gas, now a stock market correction.

Covid waning in his watch, won’t offset all that. probably not.

November a long way out, anything. an happen. But the dems are up to their eyeballs in failure at the moment.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-08-2022 at 06:27 AM..
Old 03-08-2022, 06:27 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is a tough one...I'll guess 4...
I’ll guess precisely zero.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:41 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

So, how does that explain the larger price increases in Ireland?
Old 03-08-2022, 06:59 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
i don’t know. but i know that gas costs more in CT than most other states, and our stupid taxes don’t explain it all. i don’t know everything about this business, i dont know much about this business.

i’m not sure higher prices are always better for huge oil
companies. At some point people
cut back on usage to save money.

I have an F-150 that i love to drive. When gas is over $3.75 i dont drive it unless i have no choice. I’ll work from home more instead of driving 20 miles to the office.

higher prices doesn’t always mean more revenue. Because of price and it’s effect on supply and demand.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-08-2022 at 07:28 AM..
Old 03-08-2022, 07:51 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
and Istanbul....I mean...Constantinople.....
Old 03-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:

i said supply and demand sets the price.

somehow they completely missed that
Old 03-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
somehow they completely missed that
because they can’t accept it when anyone to the right of Stalin says something sensible. only liberals are allowed to be logical.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:55 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:

“you act as if there are no charging stations.”

never came close to saying that. i said there aren’t many, not nearly enough to serve all of us if we were to buy EVs.
Seems you got ahead of your self
I said oil companies control what’s pumped ,,

And you and many others are suggesting they should pump more to bring down the Price

So if you control demand you directly or indirectly influence price

And oil being priced as a Global commodity supply is controlled by those who pump it . And demand by who needs it..

in a nutshell those who produce control supply and the price

The demand side is not with out influence and with out Covid oil never would have seen 35 bucks a barrel
Old 03-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #44
scottw

it's fun when they try to sound smart.....
Old 03-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #45
wdmso

oil price is set by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, a permanent intergovernmental oil organisation, created in 1960 by Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:18 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems you got ahead of your self
I said oil companies control what’s pumped ,,

And you and many others are suggesting they should pump more to bring down the Price

So if you control demand you directly or indirectly influence price

And oil being priced as a Global commodity supply is controlled by those who pump it . And demand by who needs it..

in a nutshell those who produce control supply and the price

The demand side is not with out influence and with out Covid oil never would have seen 35 bucks a barrel
but youre all implying oil companies want this, and even higher prices. higher prices aren’t always better. There’s a sweet spot on the price/demand curve and we’re probably past it, and going way up again today.

agreed that covid was the main driver of oil down. And covid relief was a big driver of oil going back up. But there are other forces pushing oil further up than where it was before covid.

Liberalism generally speaking, is anti fossil fuel. you can deny that all you want for political convenience based on current events. But Biden put a halt to all new permits on federal lands for as long as he could, because he promised the greenies he’d do just that.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:08 PM   #47
wdmso

found this

Interesting Facts:
Number of U.S. Oil Rigs in Operation:
December, 2020: 341
December, 2021: 579
We had as many as 2,017 Active U.S. Oil Rigs as recently as 2011 (under Obama), which shows two things. First, that there was actually far less drilling under Trump than Obama, and second, there are plenty of existing U.S. oil rigs that could be restarted, after being voluntarily shut down by oil companies without needing any new drilling sites.
U.S. Production of Crude Oil:
December, 2020: 11.084 Million Barrels/Day
December, 2021: 11.567 Million Barrels/Day
U.S. Net Imports of Crude Oil:
December, 2020: -1.186 Million Barrels/Day
December, 2021: -1.062 Million Barrels/Day
NOTE: A negative number in this category represents net exports, meaning we exported more than we imported.
Russian Oil and Petroleum Product Imported:
December, 2020: 12.898 Million Barrels (416K/Day)
December, 2021: 12.569 Million Barrels (405K/Day)
By every relevant measure, the U.S. oil industry is performing the same or better after one year of Biden than it was after 4 years of Trump.
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration
Old 03-08-2022, 03:28 PM   #48
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

F uck it. Just spend the money. When the price gets to a point where the mass population cannot or will not pay it, it'll come down.

Debate all you want. The fact is we "scrubs" have absolutely no control over the price, import, export, drilled, pumped etc, etc.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:44 PM   #49
wdmso

Quote:
but youre all implying oil companies want this, and even higher prices. higher prices aren’t always better. There’s a sweet spot on the price/demand curve and we’re probably past it, and going way up again today.

agreed that covid was the main driver of oil down. And covid relief was a big driver of oil going back up. But there are other forces pushing oil further up than where it was before covid.

Liberalism generally speaking, is anti fossil fuel. you can deny that all you want for political convenience based on current events. But Biden put a halt to all new permits on federal lands for as long as he could, because he promised the greenies he’d do just that.

this Poll was this March 2022

Americans Largely Favor U.S. Taking Steps To Become Carbon Neutral by 2050
But just 31% want to phase out use of fossil fuels completely

The new Pew Research Center survey of 10,237 U.S. adults conducted from Jan. 24 to 30, 2022, finds that 69% of U.S. adults prioritize developing alternative energy sources, such as wind and solar, over expanding the production of oil, coal and natural gas

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...utral-by-2050/

Unless you are a one news source person . I can understand why you would think . Liberalism is Just anti fossil fuel . it's what they tell their viewers all the time ... here is 1 example ( Biden's renewable energy rush is making gas prices skyrocket)
Old 03-08-2022, 04:22 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
this Poll was this March 2022

Americans Largely Favor U.S. Taking Steps To Become Carbon Neutral by 2050
But just 31% want to phase out use of fossil fuels completely

The new Pew Research Center survey of 10,237 U.S. adults conducted from Jan. 24 to 30, 2022, finds that 69% of U.S. adults prioritize developing alternative energy sources, such as wind and solar, over expanding the production of oil, coal and natural gas

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...utral-by-2050/

Unless you are a one news source person . I can understand why you would think . Liberalism is Just anti fossil fuel . it's what they tell their viewers all the time ... here is 1 example ( Biden's renewable energy rush is making gas prices skyrocket)
it doesn’t matter what people want, if what they want us unrealistic.

those same people are all going berserk right now because of gas prices

i’d never say we shouldn’t develop better alternatives, i’m all for that. but until those alternatives are up to the task of replacing fossil fuels ( and we are nowhere near that point, we are several decades away), fossil fuels will lead the way. That’s a fact. The greenies may hate that fact, it’s still a fact.

While we still use fossil fuels, nations who sell them in abundance, will get rich. The US can get rich, or countries that hate us can get rich. I’d prefer that Americans get rich over people that wish we were all
dead. Do you disagree?

We are several decades away from getting off fossil fuels. Several decades. Solar and wind aren’t even close to ready to replace oil. Not even close.

I have a huge solar panel system on my home roof. i believe in this stuff. But i can also see the limitations. Liberals can’t see the limitations, because they don’t care about reality, they care about ideology.

Facts matter.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:55 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

The trucker convoy is currently driving around in circles fighting something that doesn't exist and will be the ones complaining and blaming Biden for the price of fuel.
Because as is typical for Trumplicans they find a destructive non-solution to an imaginary problem for the sole purpose of inflaming their base as it grows more and more radicalized.
And when it hurts the economy, security or humanity, they'll blame the libs

For some people the short term goal of "getting rich" is more important than anything else.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2022, 05:23 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
The trucker convoy is currently driving around in circles fighting something that doesn't exist and will be the ones complaining and blaming Biden for the price of fuel.
Because as is typical for Trumplicans they find a destructive non-solution to an imaginary problem for the sole purpose of inflaming their base as it grows more and more radicalized.
And when it hurts the economy, security or humanity, they'll blame the libs

For some people the short term goal of "getting rich" is more important than anything else.
it’s not about getting rich. it’s about living your life - heating your home, driving to work and to your kids activities.

Fossil fuels caused the industrial revolution, and are helping third world countries become first world
countries. standard of living goes up, life expectancies increase, etc…

i’ve said here 50 times that fuel costs were going up no matter who won, much of it is t Biden’s fault.

The only absolutist fanatics I see here are the lefties, who refuse to concede Biden played any role whatsoever.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:40 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

The national average for a gallon of gas is $4.17. A gallon of Starbucks coffee costs $16.80. Just saying
Old 03-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
The national average for a gallon of gas is $4.17. A gallon of Starbucks coffee costs $16.80. Just saying
that’s brilliant. starbucks coffee is no less vital to everyday life, than oil.

oil impacts almost everything.

Pete, you claimed here many times that Trump is responsible for every American covid death. Yet Biden has zero culpability for the oil surge.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:55 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that’s brilliant. starbucks coffee is no less vital to everyday life, than oil.

oil impacts almost everything.

Pete, you claimed here many times that Trump is responsible for every American covid death. Yet Biden has zero culpability for the oil surge.
It’s all Trump, all the time with you
Sad

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2022, 08:48 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s all Trump, all the time with you
Sad
you’re criticizing others for bringing up trump.

that’s a good one

and oil prices are no big deal, because starbucks coffee costs more per gallon. can’t compete with that logic.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:03 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re criticizing others for bringing up trump.

that’s a good one

and oil prices are no big deal, because starbucks coffee costs more per gallon. can’t compete with that logic.
You qualify as the penultimate Trump defender/non supporter
Some rational people would question how that works when you claim to be “ I’m his most honest critic. My disdain for him is genuine,not based purely on politics.

I cannot stand him and hope he goes away forever.”

Clown

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-09-2022, 02:31 PM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
F uck it. Just spend the money. When the price gets to a point where the mass population cannot or will not pay it, it'll come down.

Debate all you want. The fact is we "scrubs" have absolutely no control over the price, import, export, drilled, pumped etc, etc.
I have always said when gas Goes up rich people don't Care and poor people don't Drive and the middle class gets the shaft
Old 03-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #59
wdmso

It odd Jim brings up Green energy indirectly blaming the current gas issue on them

Then I see this lovely story

Rep. Bill Johnson Republican to Newsmax: Russia Paying Money to US Environmentalists

There is evidence that Russia has channeled money to American environmental groups fighting against the use of fossil fuels,

Biden, he added, has "made it very clear" that he's "going to destroy the oil industry"

"They want more money toward green alternative energies than they do for the reliable grid sustaining fossil fuel energy sources like oil and gas," Johnson further commented.

Guess he missed this Coal, oil, and natural gas received $5.9 trillion in subsidies in 2020

These people have no shame they just make crap up

little FYI

For oil and gas leases on federal land , rent is owed until the lease has production of oil or gas in paying quantities. This rent is at a rate of $1.50 per acre for the first five years and $2.00 per acre for years six to ten.Apr 27, 2021

if the hit oil they pay the Government 12.5% royalty

Here is the Joke! it hasn't been changed since 1920
Old 03-09-2022, 02:55 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
It odd Jim brings up Green energy indirectly blaming the current gas issue on them
I did? You and Pete are sharing the same tin foil hat...

I blamed soaring prices on:

(1) increased demand after covid lightened up
(2) perception that Biden would be less oil-friendly than Trump
(3) Putin invading Ukraine (which is partly Bidens fault in my opinion)