Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 06-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
freebie

lami 126 1mh conventional

looking to sell or trade this rod. sell for 175 or trade for saltist spinner
freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
1dozenraw

GSB ? Which blank is it? Who wrapped it? Components? Photos.
1dozenraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
freebie

this is an arra blank, was wrapped by cms...I don't have any pics but it is in excellent shape with trigger reel seat. not sure what the guides are as I'm the second owner but I think alconite or sic.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
freebie

price drop to 165
Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
1dozenraw

Hope you don't mind. I did some research on this blank.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...e-outfits.html

"Lamiglas XRA 126 1MH rod, Abu 7500C3 reel, 65# Power Pro:

While the All Star/Batson SU 1209 has many fans, this is still my #1 choice for Canal jigging. It can toss the biggest jigs you can buy, up to 6 oz. Unlike many of the Arra blanks that have a faster taper, this one bends almost to the butt when you have a fish on, and lifts a jig off the bottom effortlessly. I haven't hooked up with one yet that I couldn't turn, altho they probably are out there. It can also serve double duty for casting the biggest Hawg Hunter or Guppy pencils. I doubt you could ever break this rod except with the most ham-handed misuse. I've seen Don Willis hook and bring to the bank a small boat that broke loose from its mooring and was drifting downcurrent."

If I spent more time at the Canal, I'd grab this in a NY second. CMS wraps a beautiful rod in colors I generally like and this is a very good deal for anyone who does fish the Canal. I just can not justify another stick that I'll only use occasionally. Anyway, thought I'd post this info in the hopes it will help you sell it. Nice rod... cheap price.
1dozenraw is offline   Reply With Quote