Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-15-2020, 10:55 PM   #31
detbuch

She presented different facts. I think hers were better.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
She presented different facts. I think hers were better.
The Trump* trademark “alternative facts”
So now it has gone from “Nobody knew” to “We have a binder”.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-16-2020, 09:03 AM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Trump* trademark “alternative facts”
So now it has gone from “Nobody knew” to “We have a binder”.
We must understand, of course, all facts different than yours are alternative.

Anyway . . . hers were better than yours.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
We must understand, of course, all facts different than yours are alternative.

Anyway . . . hers were better than yours.
Yet you claim the converse despite the words of Trump* claiming that it’s all under control, a hoax and yesterday, Eric the Dumber claimed once again it’s a hoax supported by Democrats and will disappear after Election Day.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Yet you claim the converse despite the words of Trump* claiming that it’s all under control, a hoax and yesterday, Eric the Dumber claimed once again it’s a hoax supported by Democrats and will disappear after Election Day.
"It" is a hoax. Depends, as Clinton my say, on what you mean by "it." No doubt, what Trump means is not what you mean.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

When you run the government and fail miserably at it, and blame the government.
And you think he has a clue about how to make government work.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:37 PM   #37
detbuch

Run the government?
Old 05-18-2020, 07:57 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Run the government?
Still waiting for the papers on this, though maybe he meant something else.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-18-2020, 08:07 AM   #39
wdmso

Trump officials blame U.S. death toll on CDC handling, Americans’ preexisting health conditions

Every one elses fault.. if TRUMPS people ran the titanic.. the excuses would have went like this if they knew how to swim it would be as bad, if they were takers they would have been able to buy better tickets and not get stuck in the hold.. or just their fault for getting on the ship in the 1st place
Old 05-18-2020, 08:10 AM   #40
wdmso

Navarro: China Deliberately Allowed Coronavirus to Spread Outside Its Borders

Classic and the faithful response

Of course they allowed it to spread because it was a planned biological attack against the United States and all the European
Old 05-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Still waiting for the papers on this, though maybe he meant something else.

Like all other humans, including all past POTUS's, he sometimes makes mistakes. Maybe he thinks that under a presidential national emergency a President has total power. Wait for the papers
Old 05-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Classic and the faithful response

Of course they allowed it to spread because it was a planned biological attack against the United States and all the European
Do you think China just made a mistake when they stopped travel to and from Wuhan to the rest of China when the virus hit, but it allowed millions to travel to the rest of the world from wuhan and from the rest of the world to Wuhan at that same time? That it was just a little slip in judgment? Just a bureaucratic error?
Old 05-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do you think China just made a mistake when they stopped travel to and from Wuhan to the rest of China when the virus hit, but it allowed millions to travel to the rest of the world from wuhan and from the rest of the world to Wuhan at that same time? That it was just a little slip in judgment? Just a bureaucratic error?
nothing this administration says, can be true. everything is a lie. if trump says “ two plus two is four”, these people would shriek “the hell it is”.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:43 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

"So far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States and you wonder if the press is in hysteria mode"

Do you think Trump was lying when he said he believed Xi?

Dead to date 91,306

Don't be Eric

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
"So far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States and you wonder if the press is in hysteria mode"

That may have been true at that time.

Do you think Trump was lying when he said he believed Xi?

Possibly. Suppose it depends on what thing Xi said that DT said he believed. Or maybe he was just being diplomatic. He certainly has doubts about some of the things Xi says now.

Dead to date 91,306

Ooops. That may have been true at the time, but it's probably a bit higher now. Stay with it and keep letting us know.

Don't be Eric
You too. And don't be Adam Schiff. He's probably told way more significant lies than Eric.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
do you think chinese had a virus net to stop it .. we couldn't stop it and still can't but you expect a different standard from the chinese

I doubt millions left wuhan to travel the world I do know

430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced
There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions. Since then, nearly 40,000 Americans and other authorized travelers have made the trip,
Old 05-18-2020, 04:40 PM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nothing this administration says, can be true. everything is a lie. if trump says “ two plus two is four”, these people would shriek “the hell it is”.
Jim thats what happens when you Lie ...please read the fable of the boy who cried wolf

Trump and his administration have squandered all the credibility they had long before Covid 19 ...
Old 05-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim thats what happens when you Lie ...please read the fable of the boy who cried wolf

Trump and his administration have squandered all the credibility they had long before Covid 19 ...
I'd say you guys, the ones who keep saying life as we know it cannot survive Trump, are the ones who need to read it.

I agree he's a liar. That doesn't mean every single thing he says, even the obvious, is false. You guys have a reflexive reaction to everything he says and does, a reaction that doesn't involve your brain at all.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:47 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
do you think chinese had a virus net to stop it .. we couldn't stop it and still can't but you expect a different standard from the chinese

I doubt millions left wuhan to travel the world I do know

430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced
There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions. Since then, nearly 40,000 Americans and other authorized travelers have made the trip,
You're saying China had no way to stop its residents from boarding international flights, and no way to stop foreigners from entering?

Do you understand how stupid that is? Again, you have to immediately embrace any anti-Trump explanation you can come up with, no matter how absurd it is. There's overwhelming evidence of what China did.

We "didn't" stop it. Not the same as "couldn't". We could have stopped it, but you all would have had exploded heads if Trump immediately banned anyone from coming or going back in December.

Taiwan stopped it, and they were way, way more at risk than we were. They had the will. We didn't even want to allow Trump to restrict travel from China, they all said the virus wasn't that bad.

When Trump wanted to act early on, they said he was overreacting. Now the same exact people, say he didn't do enough. That is a clear cut example of wanting to have it both ways. A common liberal trait.

China had no way to limit travel more than they did. How can you say that with a straight face?
Old 05-18-2020, 05:22 PM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
You're saying China had no way to stop its residents from boarding international flights, and no way to stop foreigners from entering?

Do you understand how stupid that is? Again, you have to immediately embrace any anti-Trump explanation you can come up with, no matter how absurd it is. There's overwhelming evidence of what China did.

We "didn't" stop it. Not the same as "couldn't". We could have stopped it, but you all would have had exploded heads if Trump immediately banned anyone from coming or going back in December.

Taiwan stopped it, and they were way, way more at risk than we were. They had the will. We didn't even want to allow Trump to restrict travel from China, they all said the virus wasn't that bad.

When Trump wanted to act early on, they said he was overreacting. Now the same exact people, say he didn't do enough. That is a clear cut example of wanting to have it both ways. A common liberal trait.

China had no way to limit travel more than they did. How can you say that with a straight face?
So with a straight face are you suggesting China should have detained Americans from returning Home or other foreign nationals from returning.. funny you have great hindsight when it comes to China
'
you dont seem to have the same hindsight with Trump's response

lets keep this simple.. do you agree with Navaro yes or no

saying they could have done more is not the issue. of course they could have done more Same goes for Trump..

But that's not what Navaro said : is it ...

and if yes How so??
Old 05-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
I'd say you guys, the ones who keep saying life as we know it cannot survive Trump, are the ones who need to read it.

I agree he's a liar. That doesn't mean every single thing he says, even the obvious, is false. You guys have a reflexive reaction to everything he says and does, a reaction that doesn't involve your brain at all.
Jim when Are you just going to give up its Him not us thats the problem

US President Donald Trump has said he is taking hydroxychloroquine -

Speaking at the White House, he told reporters he started taking the malaria and lupus medication recently.

"I'm taking it for about a week and a half now and I'm still here, I'm still here," he said.

Asked on Monday what was his evidence of the drug's positive benefits, Mr Trump said: "Here's my evidence, I get a lot of positive calls about it."
Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
lets keep this simple.. do you agree with Navaro yes or no

I agree that not notifying the rest of the world that it had a problem with a novel coronavirus that was transmittable from human to human deliberately left the world vulnerable to the spread of the disease because it left countries who received travelers from china with no heads up to either restrict such travel nor to temporarily quarantine and test for travelers that did arrive from China. By the time the truth became known, it was too late to stop or severely limit the spread.

Yes, China did deliberately allow the virus to spread outside its borders.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine cause a wide spectrum of neuropsychiatric manifestations, including agitation, insomnia, confusion, mania, hallucinations, paranoia, depression, catatonia, psychosis, and suicidal ideation. Stopping the drug could lead to resolution, but symptoms may not quickly resolve.
Now we can see the unfortunate causation for Trump*s recent rants.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I agree that not notifying the rest of the world that it had a problem with a novel coronavirus that was transmittable from human to human deliberately left the world vulnerable to the spread of the disease because it left countries who received travelers from china with no heads up to either restrict such travel nor to temporarily quarantine and test for travelers that did arrive from China. By the time the truth became known, it was too late to stop or severely limit the spread.

Yes, China did deliberately allow the virus to spread outside its borders.
"Trump's glaringly obvious absence on the global stage colliding with his very public spiral as he loses his grip on the crisis... And his administration appears to be forming a circular firing squad with his trade advisor publicly blaming Trump's CDC director"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-18-2020, 09:32 PM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
"Trump's glaringly obvious absence on the global stage colliding with his very public spiral as he loses his grip on the crisis... And his administration appears to be forming a circular firing squad with his trade advisor publicly blaming Trump's CDC director"
Attaboy, keep firing those mighty blanks.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Attaboy, keep firing those mighty blanks.
Trump* is moving into the Late Elvis stage of presidency. Everyone around him trying to make as much money as they can fast and the doctor is giving him whatever he orders up.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
Trump* is moving into the Late Elvis stage of presidency. Everyone around him trying to make as much money as they can fast and the doctor is giving him whatever he orders up.
Elvis is still an idolized American icon.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Pete, are Trumps numbers collapsing, especially in swing states? CNN did a recent poll that had Biden up nationally, but had Trump up big in the swing states. I still don't know that I see Trump winning, but he's not collapsing the way you are trying to portray it.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Since the first huckster walked the planet, people who sell fake cures always pretend to take them.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Since the first huckster walked the planet, people who sell fake cures always pretend to take them.
Is Trump manufacturing hydroxychloroquine?