Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-19-2021, 06:04 PM   #1
detbuch

Atlanta Spa shooting

Is there any evidence that the motive for the shooting was racial?
Old 03-20-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

No....

But can’t let that get in the way
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No....

But can’t let that get in the way
So the employee who said they heard the shooter yell “I’m going to kill all Asians” doesn’t count?
Old 03-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So the employee who said they heard the shooter yell “I’m going to kill all Asians” doesn’t count?
Didn't know that. If true, and there are no other words left out of the quote, that surely would be evidence. Historically, there are several erroneous or false allegations of seeing and/or hearing someone, such as the "hands up, don't shoot" lie.

Two of the victims were not Asian.

A full and thorough investigation should be made before making accusations that stoke more interracial tensions and more fear in Asian Americans.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:43 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Didn't know that. If true, and there are no other words left out of the quote, that surely would be evidence. Historically, there are several erroneous or false allegations of seeing and/or hearing someone, such as the "hands up, don't shoot" lie.

Two of the victims were not Asian.

A full and thorough investigation should be made before making accusations that stoke more interracial tensions and more fear in Asian Americans.
Woah,woah.....that makes too much sense.

Didn’t you read Spence’s post, that should be good enough to fire up the racist agenda

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-20-2021, 02:35 PM   #6
spence

Two victims were not Asian? I can believe you’re that stupid.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Because racists always use the politically correct term for races that they want to murder.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-20-2021, 04:39 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Two victims were not Asian? I can believe you’re that stupid.
You believe a lot of Progressive idiocy. And a lot of leftist politically driven junk.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Because racists always use the politically correct term for races that they want to murder.
Good point.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:44 PM   #10
detbuch

Last edited by detbuch; 03-29-2021 at 07:00 PM..
Old 04-15-2021, 08:13 PM   #11
detbuch

Last edited by detbuch; 04-15-2021 at 08:32 PM..
Old 04-16-2021, 06:37 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

If it’s on YouTube it’s gotta be true
Especially if the creator is Canadian
Old 04-16-2021, 09:18 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If it’s on YouTube it’s gotta be true
Especially if the creator is Canadian
Are you implying that if it's on YouTube it's not true? Does that apply to the various YouTube videos that you've posted? That only the leftist, Progressive, or anti-Trump sources you use are true? Or that Asian Canadians have no insight into attacks on Asians?

Or is this just another of your laziest of the lazy type of argument?

Laura Chen currently lives in the U.S. She has lived in Hong Kong and Canada the birth places of her father and mother. She is half Asian and half white. Shall we attack her credibility for those reasons?

The other YouTuber, Gothix, is Black. She is American (U.S.). Is she disqualified for those reason's?

They both not only expressed their opinions, they presented data to back them up. Perhaps you could prove their data wrong. Or, perhaps, you're just more comfortable with your leftist narrative.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

McConnell signals support for anti-Asian American hate crime bill. “As a husband of an Asian-American woman, I think discrimination against Asian Americans is a real problem.”
Old 04-16-2021, 04:48 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
McConnell signals support for anti-Asian American hate crime bill. “As a husband of an Asian-American woman, I think discrimination against Asian Americans is a real problem.”
Ahhh . . . the grand "solution" for society's ills that our self-serving political class bestows on us . . . a bill . . . that made me laugh. It's good enough, of course, that he "signals support" for it. He's established his creds, regardless of the outcome.

The outcome, of course, will be that the "discrimination" against Asian Americans will cease with this bill. (Although, I thought that the problem was rising "violence" against Asians, not merely "discrimination.") But this bill will surely fix it (whatever the "it" is here). Just as hate crime bills have stamped out hate . . . as laws have stamped out violence and murder and theft. Of course, none of those previous bills were good enough to protect Asians. A bill specifically for Asians was necessary.

But the mantra, I thought, was the problem of "white supremacist" violence against Asians. Shouldn't the bill be aimed at white supremacists? There doesn't seem to be an outcry from leftists about Black violence against Asians, even though there is more of that than there is white violence against Asians. We're told by leftists that white supremacists are the problem. Even though many Asians, as noted by the Asians posted on this thread, claim otherwise.

Politics, from all sides, as usual. Our problem is that we don't have enough bills. The politicians, eventually, will get it right. Right?

Last edited by detbuch; 04-16-2021 at 05:30 PM..