Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #1
detbuch

Canada's "insurrection"

Old 02-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #2
wdmso

Canada tells U.S. Republicans to butt out as they encourage COVID protests

Canada’s public safety minister says, 'We need to be vigilant about potential foreign interference,' as Republicans criticize Canadian domestic policies and call the prime minister names.

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/02/...ovid-protests/

Republicans Supporting a canadian protest thats morphed into wanting to overthrow the Government .. where have we seen this before?
Old 02-08-2022, 03:51 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Canada tells U.S. Republicans to butt out as they encourage COVID protests

Canada’s public safety minister says, 'We need to be vigilant about potential foreign interference,' as Republicans criticize Canadian domestic policies and call the prime minister names.

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/02/...ovid-protests/

Republicans Supporting a canadian protest thats morphed into wanting to overthrow the Government .. where have we seen this before?
The truckers are probably Nazis.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Canada has caught the fckwittery virus that originated in the U.S.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-08-2022, 05:45 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That’s awful, especially when Canadians keep there nose out of our business ….all they want is to keep on rockin in the free world

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 02-08-2022 at 06:55 PM..
Old 02-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #6
wdmso

New Mexico rep to introduce bill offering asylum to Canadian truckers protesting vaccine mandates
Rep. Yvette Herrell (R-N.M.) said on Saturday that she would be introducing legislation that would grant temporary asylum to those involved in the Canadian trucker protests.

Not really Shocking
Old 02-20-2022, 07:06 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
New Mexico rep to introduce bill offering asylum to Canadian truckers protesting vaccine mandates
Rep. Yvette Herrell (R-N.M.) said on Saturday that she would be introducing legislation that would grant temporary asylum to those involved in the Canadian trucker protests.

Not really Shocking
"Temporary asylum"--wow. Maybe that's what we should grant to all the illegals, then send them back to wherever they came from when the vaccine mandates are ended.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:04 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Yvette Herrell, like many Trumplicans, scaremongered against asylum seekers at the southern border, saying they were bringing COVID and "other infectious diseases". But now she wants to grant asylum to antivax Canadians.
The level of racism that permeates the GOP is astounding.
Old 02-20-2022, 11:28 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Yvette Herrell, like many Trumplicans, scaremongered against asylum seekers at the southern border, saying they were bringing COVID and "other infectious diseases". But now she wants to grant asylum to antivax Canadians.
The level of racism that permeates the GOP is astounding.
Actually, 90% of the Canadian Truckers are vaccinated. And its just temporary asylum. And it would be legal. Temporary asylum for illegals would be OK, so long as they would be returned to their country as would the Canadian Truckers. Is that racist? Oh . . . right . . . whatever you don't like is racist.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:15 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Actually, 90% of the Canadian Truckers are vaccinated. And its just temporary asylum. And it would be legal. Temporary asylum for illegals would be OK, so long as they would be returned to their country as would the Canadian Truckers. Is that racist? Oh . . . right . . . whatever you don't like is racist.
Who’s coming from the south or north?
Bet you could pick them out from a hundred yards.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 07:05 AM   #11
scottw

silly vapid leftists can't get through a sentence without charges of racism...

hard to figure out who is a bigger disaster.. brandon or trudeau?

Old 02-21-2022, 07:13 AM   #12
scottw

remember when trump's storm troopers shot an unarmed woman during a mostly peaceful protest and the leftists got all upset?...that was great

and remember when Nick Sandman trampled that indigenous elder in a wheelchair with his horse during a mostly peaceful protest and the leftists got all upset...that was great too....
Old 02-21-2022, 07:42 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
remember when trump's storm troopers shot an unarmed woman during a mostly peaceful protest and the leftists got all upset?...that was great

and remember when Nick Sandman trampled that indigenous elder in a wheelchair with his horse during a mostly peaceful protest and the leftists got all upset...that was great too....
Hilarious!

Sandman wearing a white sheet, white robe with confederate flags across his back, trampled that innocent native american to death in his horse, right? is that what happened?

of course that was after officer Darren Wilson executed poor Michael Brown who was kneeling with his hands up. Which was after the Duke lacrosse incident, which was after…
Old 02-21-2022, 09:42 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hilarious!

Sandman wearing a white sheet, white robe with confederate flags across his back, trampled that innocent native american to death in his horse, right? is that what happened?

of course that was after officer Darren Wilson executed poor Michael Brown who was kneeling with his hands up. Which was after the Duke lacrosse incident, which was after…

And as if on cue our resident deflection experts show up,
Old 02-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

I’ll just point out that the Toronto protestors are being treated way better than the protestors Trump gassed, shot with rubber bullets and chased out of Lafayette Park in DC so he could have a photo opp
Old 02-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
I’ll just point out that the Toronto protestors are being treated way better than the protestors Trump gassed, shot with rubber bullets and chased out of Lafayette Park in DC so he could have a photo opp
Reminds me of a Chubby Checker's song titled Let's Do the Twist (goes something like this: "We're gonna twisty twisty twisty 'Til we turn the house down")
Old 02-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Who’s coming from the south or north?
Bet you could pick them out from a hundred yards.
And you "could pick them out from a hundred yards" (such a racist statement) as they are all equally returned to where they came from.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:57 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And you "could pick them out from a hundred yards" (such a racist statement) as they are all equally returned to where they came from.
I’m not the one complaining about people claiming asylum from one direction and inviting them from the other.
I don’t believe that relief from vaccination is a qualifying cause for asylum and we require travelers entering the USA to be fully vaccinated.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
I’m not the one complaining about people claiming asylum from one direction and inviting them from the other.
I don’t believe that relief from vaccination is a qualifying cause for asylum and we require travelers entering the USA to be fully vaccinated.
I'm not complaining about it either. Don't know who is complaining about people legitimately claiming asylum. Sure are a lot of complaints about illegal border crossings. I believe that most "Trumpsters" were happy about Trump's deal with Mexico to have asylum claimers wait there untill they were granted asylum. And a lot of folks might have been happy to grant some TEMPORARY asylum then returned. Your mixing and matching is a bit off kilter.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:56 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm not complaining about it either. Don't know who is complaining about people legitimately claiming asylum. Sure are a lot of complaints about illegal border crossings. I believe that most "Trumpsters" were happy about Trump's deal with Mexico to have asylum claimers wait there untill they were granted asylum. And a lot of folks might have been happy to grant some TEMPORARY asylum then returned. Your mixing and matching is a bit off kilter.
Well, what would make you happy isn’t how the law works

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-21-2022, 03:07 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Well, what would make you happy isn’t how the law works
Are you referring to the Remain in Mexico Policy requiring asylum seekers to stay in Mexico while they await their immigration hearings. rather than until asylum is granted, that's correct. I suspected that I didn't get it quite right, but was too lazy to get it specifically correct. The correction does not change the point I was making.