Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-02-2022, 09:55 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

The former U.S. president who today can’t stop admiring Putin’s supposed strength and cunning is the same sad man who, looking forward to the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, mused about Putin becoming “my new best friend.” Best friend of Ukraine’s worst enemy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-03-2022, 06:09 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If you equate typing (which I stink at), to intelligence, that explains a lot of what you post, actually...

No one could tell me one single RACIST thing she said. Not one. But she's a racist, because you say so.
So Jim I guess to you its normal to go to the Zoo to see Airplanes

Or an AA or meeting for the info on the latest IPA

Before introducing Greene, Fuentes told the crowd, “Now they’re going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler — they say that’s not a good thing.” Fuentes also asked the crowd to “give a round of applause for Russia” and responded, “Absolutely,” as attendees chanted “Putin! Putin!”

Her defense “The Pharisees i( had to look this up a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.)n the Republican Party may attack me for being willing to break barriers and speak to a lost generation of young people who are desperate for love and leadership.”

interesting she was there to changes hearts and minds
Old 03-03-2022, 06:12 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So Jim I guess to you its normal to go to the Zoo to see Airplanes

Or an AA or meeting for the info on the latest IPA

Before introducing Greene, Fuentes told the crowd, “Now they’re going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler — they say that’s not a good thing.” Fuentes also asked the crowd to “give a round of applause for Russia” and responded, “Absolutely,” as attendees chanted “Putin! Putin!”

Her defense “The Pharisees i( had to look this up a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity.)n the Republican Party may attack me for being willing to break barriers and speak to a lost generation of young people who are desperate for love and leadership.”

interesting she was there to changes hearts and minds
i don’t think she was there to change anything. oh have said here, she’s a kook.

did you post anything she said which was racist?
Old 03-03-2022, 06:17 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Interesting the people some feel compelled to defend, but apparently the Nationalist Populist Trumplican Party is what they want.

Marjorie Taylor Greene said the GOP is finding it’s “identity,” and pledged to continue attacking Republicans.

MTG added that the GOP “should be leaning in to the Civil War” and will “come together once [they] figure out what works.”
Old 03-03-2022, 06:29 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:

Her defense ....the Republican Party may attack me for being willing to break barriers and speak to a lost generation of young people who are desperate for love and leadership.”

interesting she was there to changes hearts and mind
sounds reasonable...

you've provided all sorts of characterizations to attack her for being there but still haven't provided what she said which Jim has asked for repeatedly and would be most helpful in determining what she was doing there

can we get back to Tulsi? love her
Old 03-03-2022, 06:34 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Interesting the people some feel compelled to defend

who?
Old 03-03-2022, 06:55 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
can we get back to Tulsi? love her
So does Putin

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:
So does Putin
I see what you did there...brilliant
Old 03-03-2022, 08:38 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Interesting the people some feel compelled to defend, but apparently the Nationalist Populist Trumplican Party is what they want.

Marjorie Taylor Greene said the GOP is finding it’s “identity,” and pledged to continue attacking Republicans.

MTG added that the GOP “should be leaning in to the Civil War” and will “come together once [they] figure out what works.”
i’m not defending her, i called her a kook.

i did ask you what she said that was racist. your response was to insult me, which probably means even you know she didn’t say anything racist but you can’t admit it. because truth doesn’t matter to you, unless it’s favorable to liberals.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:39 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
So does Putin
right. Tulsi told some unflattering truths about Hilary ( after single handedly disemboweling Kamala Harris in a debate), so Hilary responded by saying Tulsi
is a russian agent.

Because tolerance.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:13 AM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
right. Tulsi told some unflattering truths about Hilary ( after single handedly disemboweling Kamala Harris in a debate), so Hilary responded by saying Tulsi
is a russian agent.

Because tolerance.
Pete is a, or wannabe, critical theorist. Critical theory allows no tolerance for the "right," or for "conservatism." No speech by the "right" must be allowed or acknowledged--no tolerance.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:06 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
is a russian agent.

Because tolerance.
You can only be so tolerant of this baloney from useful idiots

Fox News clips of Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard trashing Ukraine and the Biden administration were a mainstay of news coverage this week on Russian state television.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-03-2022, 03:06 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
You can only be so tolerant of this baloney from useful idiots
Well done, Pete. An honest display of Post Modern Neo-Marxist absolutism that would make Marcuse proud.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:45 PM   #44
wdmso

Transgender girls and women now barred from female sports in Iowa

The tolerance is just overwhelming in the GOP

I am sure Iowa is overwhelmed with Trans female students smashing records across the State.

Justifying the law
Old 03-03-2022, 04:49 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
i don’t think she was there to change anything. oh have said here, she’s a kook.

did you post anything she said which was racist?

Yea ! now Republican criticism is being down by wait for it Jews

Pharisees

Old 03-03-2022, 05:53 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Yea ! now Republican criticism is being down by wait for it Jews

Pharisees
If Pete F had posted this, it would be his usual calculated deceit. He would know better. But with you, it may just be sincere ignorance.

The ancient Jewish Pharisee sect no longer exists. But the use of the word does--to metaphorically describe someone as "a self-righteous person; a hypocrite."
Old 03-03-2022, 06:52 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Well done, Pete. An honest display of Post Modern Neo-Marxist absolutism that would make Marcuse proud.
Well, Tankie
As usual you would make Stalin proud

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-03-2022, 07:10 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Well, Tankie
As usual you would make Stalin proud
I said your post was " An honest display of Post Modern Neo-Marxist absolutism" and something that would make Marcuse proud. Since Marcuse made it an absolute tenet of his critical theory of tolerance that opinions, thoughts, statements of those on the right were not to be tolerated, I think I am correct that your post would make him proud of you. What was it in my response that would make Stalin proud?
Old 03-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I said your post was " An honest display of Post Modern Neo-Marxist absolutism" and something that would make Marcuse proud. Since Marcuse made it an absolute tenet of his critical theory of tolerance that opinions, thoughts, statements of those on the right were not to be tolerated, I think I am correct that your post would make him proud of you. What was it in my response that would make Stalin proud?
You claim that political people saying things that benefit authoritarian governments, East or West must not be criticized, consistently.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-03-2022, 08:23 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
You claim that political people saying things that benefit authoritarian governments, East or West must not be criticized, consistently.
I didn't say that in the post you responded to. When did I say such a thing? Are you referring to my debating things that you post? Debating is the opposite of not tolerating, not responding . . .
Old 03-03-2022, 08:31 PM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
If Pete F had posted this, it would be his usual calculated deceit. He would know better. But with you, it may just be sincere ignorance.

The ancient Jewish Pharisee sect no longer exists. But the use of the word does--to metaphorically describe someone as "a self-righteous person; a hypocrite."
I doubt she used it metaphorically

Just like her Jewish space lasers ?
Old 03-03-2022, 08:45 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
I doubt she used it metaphorically

Just like her Jewish space lasers ?
Calling someone a Pharisee now is always a metaphor. There are no actual Pharisees anymore. Haven't been any for a long time. But the word is commonly and often used to describe someone as "a self-righteous person; a hypocrite."
Old 03-03-2022, 11:08 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Calling someone a Pharisee now is always a metaphor. There are no actual Pharisees anymore. Haven't been any for a long time. But the word is commonly and often used to describe someone as "a self-righteous person; a hypocrite."
yeah but wayne got to look up definitions for Pharisee and metaphorically...sooo, that's good
Old 03-03-2022, 11:08 PM   #54
scottw

Quote:

I didn't say that in the post you responded to. When did I say such a thing?

. .
probably never...you know how he operates...