Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When you said private school, I assumed you meant religious school, as many of them are.

"Pls, point out where I said it is not really charity?"

You said this, Paul, in the same post for Gods sake..."If anyone wants to give $ to churches and schools bc they attend, it is somewhat self serving." Self-serving, isn't charity.

I can only speak to the Catholic Church. Every Sunday, my church has 2 collections, one for charity, one to go towards regular expenses associated with the church. The church has to pay utilities and buy food for the priests and pay maintenance on the buildings. And anyone can enjoy the church, not just those who donate.
I never claimed it wasn't charity. I've always said people personally benefit from it. I feel better giving to save the children then I do for giving $ to my churches men club which is remodeling our meeting room.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:03 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I never claimed it wasn't charity. I've always said people personally benefit from it. I feel better giving to save the children then I do for giving $ to my churches men club which is remodeling our meeting room.
You said it's self serving. Giving that's self-serving, isn't really compatible with the spirit of charitable giving.

Paul, for the purposes of disproving everything Pete believes, we can exclude all religious-based giving from this conversation. If you exclude all that, it would still show that conservatives aren't the greedy, heartless nazis that Pete believes we all are.

"I feel better giving to save the children then I do for giving $ to my churches men club which is remodeling our meeting room."

So would I. But every charity has expenses it has to cover.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:22 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i asked twice, you dodged twice.

so, you have zero way to connect those who had guns on january 6th, with any conspiracy.

in other words, you made up that connection, to paint conservatives in a negative light.

with all the stupid things conservatives do, there is t enough actual truth you can point to, to make them look bad? you have to never more stuff?

time to ask yourself some questions Pete. like, why are conservatives slightly more charitable
and generous than liberals? if we’re all pure evil, why is that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Let’s see my dodge
11 charged with seditious conspiracy
They had a weapons cache in a hotel and people ready to move them

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #64
PaulS

Quote:
You said it's self serving. Giving that's self-serving, isn't really compatible with the spirit of charitable giving.
So isn't it self serving when someone gives $ for a new gym in a private school that no one other than the students who go there are going to be able to use it? or to a fundraiser to pay for the salary of a new music teacher?
Old 04-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
So isn't it self serving when someone gives $ for a new gym in a private school that no one other than the students who go there are going to be able to use it? or to a fundraiser to pay for the salary of a new music teacher?
it’s not purely self serving, no, because other students ( including those on full scholarships) can use it.

paul, liberals also make donations to ivy league schools which have endowments in the tens of billions. so if you’re going to ding conservatives because not every cent of tax deductible charity is feeding the poor, at least make the same adjustment to liberal donations which are equally frivolous.

again, my point isn’t that conservatives are superior. just that we aren’t anywhere near what that idiot lunatic thinks we are.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let’s see my dodge
11 charged with seditious conspiracy
They had a weapons cache in a hotel and people ready to move them
post a link please, no one believes anything you type.

11. 11 outbid how many who were there, tens of thousands?

again, you never made a peep
about the armed BLM rioters, who unlike the January 6 rioters, actually killed people.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:34 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
post a link please, no one believes anything you type.

11. 11 outbid how many who were there, tens of thousands?

again, you never made a peep
about the armed BLM rioters, who unlike the January 6 rioters, actually killed people. There were millions of people protesting BLM

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...285411.7.0.pdf

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-01-2022, 11:24 AM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
There were millions of people protesting BLM

In the same place on the same day?

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...285411.7.0.pdf
Is this in coordination with all the other rioters on Jan6 or with the tens of thousands of protesters or with the alleged "coup" by Trump?
Old 04-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
how many people were murdered by the january 6 trespassers, rioters, and seditionist?

ZERO. exactly, precisely zero.

How many were murdered during the BLM protests? 10 or so?

you have not, nor will ever, criticize the much more destructive BLM riots. because you don’t care about riots or property damage ior
murder.

you care about painting democrats in a favorable light. That’s it.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:46 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

In November 2020, days after the election, Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers,
began disseminating messages to other Oath Keepers members and affiliates
delegitimizing the results of the election and encouraging them to forcibly oppose the
lawful transfer of presidential power. See Indictment at ¶ 18(a) (telling those on the
“Leadership intel sharing secured” chat (hereafter “Leadership Intel Chat”), on November
5, that they “MUST refuse to accept Biden as a legitimate winner” and warning, “We aren’t
getting through this without a civil war. Too late for that. Prepare your mind, body,
spirit.”). Rhodes circulated and highlighted an eight-step plan, allegedly from a Serbian
contact to overthrow the government, which included: (i) peaceful protest, (ii) complete
civil disobedience, (iii) connecting with the police and organizing neighborhoods,
(iv) swarming the streets and confronting opponents, (v) gathering in the capitol and
discarding barricades, (vi) police joining with the protestors after initial violence,
(vii) storming parliament, and (viii) destroying the state media. Id.
Rhodes followed this plan in the months after the presidential election. At his
direction, certain members of his organization began preparing for operations inside of
Washington, D.C. Indictment at ¶ 21. He further organized deadly weapons to aid in the
conspiracy. Heavily armed QRF teams would be minutes away, just outside the Capitol,
ready to support those on the ground. Id. at ¶¶ 42-45. All contingency plans were
considered. The conspirators even sought to ferry lethal weapons from Virginia by boat
into the Capitol, if the bridges were closed. Id. at ¶ 52
In December 2020, Rhodes focused his co-conspirators on the Certification
proceeding of January 6, 2021. During a December 22 interview with a regional Oath
Keepers leader, Rhodes described January 6 as “a hard constitutional deadline” for
stopping the transfer of presidential power and warned that if President-Elect Biden were
to assume the presidency, “We will have to do a bloody, massively bloody revolution
against them.” Indictment at ¶ 30. On December 23, Rhodes published an open letter on the Oath Keepers website in which he noted that, on January 6, “tens of thousands of patriot
Americans, both veterans and non-veterans, will already be in Washington D.C., and many
of us will have our mission-critical gear stowed nearby just outside D.C.” Id. at ¶ 31.
Rhodes warned in the open letter that he and others may have to “take to arms in defense
of our God given liberty.” Id.
Rhodes and his co-conspirators created and administered Signal chats with titles
like “DC OP: Jan 6 21” and “OKFL Hangout” for coordinating their plans for January 6.
Indictment at ¶¶ 38-40. They utilized encrypted messaging applications for these planning
chats and stressed the need for operational security. See, e.g., id. at ¶ 27. The coconspirators discussed being prepared to use violence to stop the “usurpers” from taking
control and what weapons they would bring and plans for the QRF. Id. at ¶ 41-56, 58-60.
On December 25, Rhodes wrote to the OKFL Hangout Chat, “I think Congress will screw
him [President Trump] over. The only chance we/he has is if we scare the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of them
and convince them it will be torches and pitchforks time is they don’t do the right thing.
But I don’t think they will listen.” Id. at ¶ 34. Rhodes went on to say, “And he [President
Trump] needs to know that if he fails to act, then we will. He needs to understand that we
will have no choice.” On December 31, one week before the Capitol attack, Rhodes wrote
to the Leadership Intel Chat, “There is no standard political or legal way out of this.”
B. Vallejo and His Co-Conspirators Prepared an Armed QRF To Support the
Plot to Stop the Transfer of Power
Vallejo and his co-conspirators coordinated at least three regional QRF teams
stationed at a Comfort Inn in Arlington, Virginia, to support the co-conspirators’ plot and
the January 6 Capitol attack. Indictment at ¶¶ 45-49. The QRF teams guarded an arsenal
of firearms and related equipment and were prepared to speed those weapons into the hands
of co-conspirators on the ground in Washington, D.C., when directed by Rhodes or other
conspiracy leaders. Id. Vallejo served on one of those QRF teams.
On December 31, 2020, Vallejo’s Arizona QRF team member messaged Rhodes on
Signal that Vallejo and others were coming to Washington, D.C., and that “everyone has their own technical equipment and knows how to use it,” adding a “winky face” emoji.
Indictment at ¶ 44. Rhodes responded, “awesome!” Id. The Arizona QRF team member
also said that Vallejo and the group would have “rifles” and “man power.” Id.
On January 3, 2021, Rhodes informed a co-conspirator on Signal, “We WILL have
a QRF. this situation calls for it.” Indictment at ¶ 50. In the following days, coconspirators communicated and implemented plans to bring weapons to the Comfort Inn.
Id. at ¶¶ 58-59, 63-65, 68-69. Vallejo messaged co-conspirator and Florida team lead Kelly
Meggs, “Sir, Ed Vallejo of Arizona in Tenn. With cadre requesting coordinates to Allied
encampment outside DC boundaries to rendezvous. Please respond ASAP. For the
Republic.” On January 5, Vallejo messaged Meggs again, “Please text location so we will
know where to begin in the morning.” Meggs responded with the address of the Comfort
Inn Ballston, where the co-conspirators staged their multiple QRF teams.
The day before the attack on the Capitol, on January 5, Meggs and his Florida team
dropped off at least three luggage carts’ worth of gun boxes, rifle cases, and suitcases filled
with ammunition with their QRF team. A second QRF team from North Carolina consisted
of four men who kept their rifles ready to go in a vehicle parked in the hotel lot. Later,
Vallejo and other members of the Arizona QRF team wheeled in bags and large bins of
weapons, ammunition, and essential supplies to last 30 days—as seen in the QRF hotel
surveillance stills below, showing Vallejo on the left and his Arizona QRF team member
on the right:

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-01-2022, 11:50 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is this in coordination with all the other rioters on Jan6 or with the tens of thousands of protesters or with the alleged "coup" by Trump?
You could ask Roger Stone

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how many people were murdered by the january 6 trespassers, rioters, and seditionist?

ZERO. exactly, precisely zero.

How many were murdered during the BLM protests? 10 or so?

you have not, nor will ever, criticize the much more destructive BLM riots. because you don’t care about riots or property damage ior
murder.

you care about painting democrats in a favorable light. That’s it.
Last I knew, the BLM protests did not try and change the outcome of an election, millions protested in locations all across the country.

Jan 6 was a coordinated attack on the Capitol, planned months in advance and with the knowledge of people inside the administration.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-01-2022, 11:54 AM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
it’s not purely self serving, no, because other students ( including those on full scholarships) can use it.

paul, liberals also make donations to ivy league schools which have endowments in the tens of billions. so if you’re going to ding conservatives because not every cent of tax deductible charity is feeding the poor, at least make the same adjustment to liberal donations which are equally frivolous. I agree those donations are the same.

again, my point isn’t that conservatives are superior.
but that is what you constantly post

"why are conservatives slightly more charitable
and generous than liberals"
Old 04-01-2022, 11:58 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
but that is what you constantly post

"why are conservatives slightly more charitable
and generous than liberals"
i only post it in response to a liberal stating that all conservatives are bad uncaring, refusing to help the needy, etc.

there’s no way to make a case that conservatives are meaningfully less caring about the poor, than liberals.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Conservatives are happier than liberals - but only because they lack empathy
https://www.thejournal.ie/conservati...71962-Sep2014/

Conservatives don't like yucky stuff

https://www.businessinsider.com/libe...erently-2018-1

Empathy and the Liberal-Conservative Political Divide in the U.S.

https://jspp.psychopen.eu/index.php/...icle/view/5209
Old 04-01-2022, 03:53 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
You could ask Roger Stone
I asked you and you could not say that it was in planned coordination with the other rioters or the tens of thousands of protesters. You could not say it was because their is no evidence or accusation that it was.

But you sure can insinuate that Jan6 was a coup or an insurrection. It's what you do--a constant flow of propaganda.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:34 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I asked you and you could not say that it was in planned coordination with the other rioters or the tens of thousands of protesters. You could not say it was because their is no evidence or accusation that it was.

But you sure can insinuate that Jan6 was a coup or an insurrection. It's what you do--a constant flow of propaganda.
Patience
It takes time to build a conspiracy case.
And your obfuscation of the facts that continue to emerge in court filings is wishful thinking.
On the anniversary of January 6, Merrick Garland explained that all of the arrests from the first year had laid the foundation for more complex cases.
This is the kind of thing he was talking about: working your way up through Mark Grods to Joshua James to Stewart Rhodes to Roger Stone, taking the time to crack and exploit Tarrio’s phone, exploiting early access to Straka’s comms to get to the organizers. The investigation “aperture” hasn’t changed; what has changed is DOJ has acquired information it needed before it could take the next step.

As I said before, patience

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-02-2022, 10:30 AM   #78
detbuch

Quote:
Patience
It takes time to build a conspiracy case.
And your obfuscation of the facts that continue to emerge in court filings is wishful thinking.
On the anniversary of January 6, Merrick Garland explained that all of the arrests from the first year had laid the foundation for more complex cases.
This is the kind of thing he was talking about: working your way up through Mark Grods to Joshua James to Stewart Rhodes to Roger Stone, taking the time to crack and exploit Tarrio’s phone, exploiting early access to Straka’s comms to get to the organizers. The investigation “aperture” hasn’t changed; what has changed is DOJ has acquired information it needed before it could take the next step.

As I said before, patience
You're the one lacking patience. At this point in time, what you want to label Jan6 has not been proven. But you just can't wait for the final results. Just like the Mueller investigation or the Trump impeachments, or the Stormy what's her name, and the Cohen, and the NY AG investigation, etc., etc. You had and have pronounced Trump guilty before the verdicts were. or are, in.

As for Jan6, at this point, there seems to be different actors in different groups, or solo, doing different things with different motives. Some may actually, EVENTUALLY, be convicted of various things you hope for. But to frame the whole rally as a singular coordinated conspiracy for some singularly desired result, is premature, or just politically driven narrative.

PATIENCE.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:19 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're the one lacking patience. At this point in time, what you want to label Jan6 has not been proven. But you just can't wait for the final results. Just like the Mueller investigation or the Trump impeachments, or the Stormy what's her name, and the Cohen, and the NY AG investigation, etc., etc. You had and have pronounced Trump guilty before the verdicts were. or are, in.

As for Jan6, at this point, there seems to be different actors in different groups, or solo, doing different things with different motives. Some may actually, EVENTUALLY, be convicted of various things you hope for. But to frame the whole rally as a singular coordinated conspiracy for some singularly desired result, is premature, or just politically driven narrative.

PATIENCE.
january 6th was an organized, heavily armed, right wing coup. and when congressional
democrats tried to steal trump win i. 2016 bu challenging state results with zero evidence, that was ok, because shut up.

and the BLM riots were a benign event, also because shut up.

And Biden will end up on Mt Rushmore.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:21 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

PATIENCE.
I don’t know of any source that claims that everyone on January 6th coordinated their actions.
There are many people charged with crimes at the capital on January 6th.
Some have ALREADY been convicted of conspiring to overturn the election.
Just keep denying
You’ve been doing it for years
I think you forget that Mueller prosecuted Trump's coffee boy, Campaign Manager and his Deputy, personal lawyer, National Security Advisor and rat-#^&#^&#^&#^&er, plus referring a case against his top donor, Tom Barrack, who is currently being prosecuted.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-02-2022, 10:02 PM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
I don’t know of any source that claims that everyone on January 6th coordinated their actions.

When you and the Dems were calling Jan6 an insurrection, y'all weren't singling out a tiny minority of the 30 thousand attending the rally or of the 700 hundred arrested at the time, you were characterizing the entire event and the entire riot as an insurrection.

There are many people charged with crimes at the capital on January 6th.

Yes and most are not charged with insurrection or of perpetrating a coup.

Some have ALREADY been convicted of conspiring to overturn the election.

"Some"!! And how many and for exactly what?

Just keep denying

Denying what?

You’ve been doing it for years

Denying what?

I think you forget that Mueller prosecuted Trump's coffee boy, Campaign Manager and his Deputy, personal lawyer, National Security Advisor and rat-#^&#^&#^&#^&er, plus referring a case against his top donor, Tom Barrack, who is currently being prosecuted.
You were saying that TRUMP was guilty, before Mueller finished his investigation, as well in the other ongoing investigations before they were finished, and in which none convicted Trump of the crimes which you claimed he was guilty of. You consistently were not, as you claim I must be, PATIENT. And were proved wrong.

You're the one who keeps denying.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:20 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Reminder: There's not "a" grand jury investigating Trump's flunkies.

DOJ has used at least six grand juries to investigate January 6.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:09 AM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Reminder: There's not "a" grand jury investigating Trump's flunkies.

DOJ has used at least six grand juries to investigate January 6.
I know you're chompin at the bit. Patience.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:27 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

Oh, as you can see I am patient
However I see Trumplicans are confused again
Donald Trump did not kill Bin Laden. He did invite the Taliban to Camp David on 9/11 though.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:30 PM   #85
detbuch

Quote:
Oh, as you can see I am patient
However I see Trumplicans are confused again

No, I can't see that you are patient. You've alreadly decided that Trump is guilty before that's been legally decided.

Donald Trump did not kill Bin Laden. He did invite the Taliban to Camp David on 9/11 though.
Biden invited the Taliban to take over Afghanistan.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:02 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Donald Trump released 5000 Taliban and leaders.

“The signing of the Doha agreement had a really pernicious effect on the government of Afghanistan and on its military – psychological more than anything else, but we set a date – certain for when we were going to leave and when they could expect all assistance to end,” McKenzie said.

He was referring to a February 29, 2020, agreement that the Trump administration signed with the Taliban in Doha, Qatar, in which the US promised to fully withdraw its troops by May 2021 and the Taliban committed to several conditions, including stopping attacks on US and coalition forces.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2022, 09:42 PM   #87
detbuch

Quote:
Donald Trump released 5000 Taliban and leaders.

“The signing of the Doha agreement had a really pernicious effect on the government of Afghanistan and on its military – psychological more than anything else, but we set a date – certain for when we were going to leave and when they could expect all assistance to end,” McKenzie said.

He was referring to a February 29, 2020, agreement that the Trump administration signed with the Taliban in Doha, Qatar, in which the US promised to fully withdraw its troops by May 2021 and the Taliban committed to several conditions, including stopping attacks on US and coalition forces.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:17 AM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump entered into an agreement with the Taliban excluding the Afghan government. It was signed February 2020. And it said that the United States will pull out all of its forces by May 1. And what was remarkable about it is that after February 2020 no American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan by the Taliban. So the Taliban held to their word of not killing Americans, but started killing all the educated classes of Afghans and destroying the government.
So Biden was left with a choice, start the war over by increasing boots on the ground or get out.
He made the correct choice after years of horrendous decisions by our government in Afghanistan.
Afghanistan was invaded because of 9/11, the majority involved in that attack were Saudi, no Afghans were there.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
Donald
So Biden was left with a choice, start the war over by increasing boots on the ground or get out.
He made the correct choice
Old 04-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump already kneecapped the Afghan government.

Lets Go Darwin