Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Parler gets photo ID from users. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the FBI turned out to be running parler as a honeypot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are probably the only one here who knows anything about parlor...
Google is not that hard

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

MAGA people planned this openly on social media. They videoed themselves during the act. They showed their faces. They're being identified.

Update: Already THREE Republican state representatives have been identified, two from PA and one from WV.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
differing reports....somewhere between 13 and 53...26 in the Capitol building..you'd think it would have been much higher given the level of panic from the media types....

how many people were there would you estimate?

just for comparison....

Police injured, more than 200 arrested at Trump inauguration protests in DC

By Gregory Krieg, CNN
Sat January 21, 2017

glad there was none of this...
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ide-trump.html

Last edited by Pete F.; 01-07-2021 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: ADD

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #64
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
over/under on arrest number?

I say 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I’ll take the over
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Do the math, liberal dummies!
From the Washington Post;

D.C. police said they arrested 69 people from at least 20 states and the District from Wednesday afternoon through early Thursday, most on curfew and unlawful entry charges.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:09 PM   #65
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
From the Washington Post;

D.C. police said they arrested 69 people from at least 20 states and the District from Wednesday afternoon through early Thursday, most on curfew and unlawful entry charges.
What do I win

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #66
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Waiting for Dangles to certify the win.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:41 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin says they are looking at all actors involved in the unrest at the US Capitol on Wednesday, including the role President Donald Trump played in inciting the crowd.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 08:01 PM   #68
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Waiting for Dangles to certify the win.....
Waiting for R2D2 to ask mod to lock thread.😭

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-07-2021, 08:47 PM   #69
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Apparently I asked you to mock the thread....

Old 01-08-2021, 04:51 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:
the totalitarians only want their own threads locked, to keep the rabble out....it's like pelosi who rolls her eyes when your business is burnt to the ground but gets enraged and indignant when some nut is sitting with his feet up on HER desk ...servant of the people and all that stuff....
Old 01-08-2021, 04:58 AM   #71
scottw

Quote:

Well I think going forward, anyone posting as a Trump supporter can rightly be lumped in with the riotous mob that laid siege to the Capitol You can stand shoulder to shoulder with the Proud Boys.
can we similarly, going forward, lump anyone who supported BLM in any way or democrats for that matter since they were encouraging it.. with the riotous mobs that laid siege to American cities for the past year? They can stand shoulder to shoulder with antifa?

just want to understand the ground rules
Old 01-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #72
Sea Dangles

Quote:
can we similarly, going forward, lump anyone who supported BLM in any way or democrats for that matter since they were encouraging it.. with the riotous mobs that laid siege to American cities for the past year? They can stand shoulder to shoulder with antifa?

Never pictured Ross as a drama queen but I guess this is part of cancel culture.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

What happened in DC is not comparable to burning or looting of other cities. They tried to overthrow the government of the US in broad daylight. Tweety spent months encouraging it. Don’t #^&#^&#^&#^& with me with your “logic.” You’re terrible at it.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #74
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:

Quote:
What happened in DC is not comparable to burning or looting of other cities. They tried to overthrow the government of the US in broad daylight. Tweety spent months encouraging it. Don’t #^&#^&#^&#^& with me with your “logic.” You’re terrible at it.
I think some of what Scott says here is worth considering. Yes, Pete, it was on a totally different scale, but both "protests" resulted in illegal and criminal activity causing loss and death. After reviewing some tape of comments made by Kamala, Pelosi, and other Dems, I think we can put their allegiance directly in the ANTIFA and BLM fold...(I wonder if Kamala is going to solicit/pay bail for anyone who was arrested for breaching the Capitol...) It was put together by Fox, but it was compelling. I try to view both sides equally. Flipping from CNN to Fox can make my head spin a little too fast though. Takes great effort to discern the fact and context from the emotional, condescending agenda of both channels.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #75
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Like I said earlier, peaceful protest is our right, I don’t care what the cause is your exercising your freedom of speech in, criminal activity doesn’t know left from right only right and illegal. Those that looted and burned in BLM protests are criminals as are all that broke into the capital building and assaulted capital police and vandalized the building. In both examples, those crossing the line detract from the message the majority are trying to send, you then become a band of thugs.

I think there is a big difference between supporting a movement and inciting the riot, which is exactly what Trump, Jared and Rudy did, unless English isn’t your primary language.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:06 AM   #76
zimmy

Quote:
Flipping from CNN to Fox can make my head spin a little too fast though. Takes great effort to discern the fact and context from the emotional, condescending agenda of both channels.
I just watched 30 seconds of Fox broadcast. They were showing this quote about the capitol that some nut wrote for the NY Post

"It has bestowed the great gift of the moral high ground on the most undeserving people in the world: Joe Biden and the left.

They now have a free pass to persecute their ideological enemies while enacting their pet cultural Marxist projects and changing this country irrevocably for the worst."

Katie Pavlich, who apparently is a fox commentator, was asked what she thought "Most of that is true, but I disagree that they have a free pass."

So she agrees that the most undeserving people in the world are Joe Biden and the left. She believes they will persecute "their ideological enemies" (which is greatly ironic given the current administration that she almost certainly supports). She agrees with making a parallel between Biden's agenda and Marxism. If 80% of nutters are getting their info from these sources or worse, it clearly explains where we are. We will never be a functioning society when this is the rhetoric that a substantial and powerful (see gerrymandering and electoral college) portion of the country hears and believes.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I just watched 30 seconds of Fox broadcast. They were showing this quote about the capitol that some nut wrote for the NY Post

"It has bestowed the great gift of the moral high ground on the most undeserving people in the world: Joe Biden and the left.

They now have a free pass to persecute their ideological enemies while enacting their pet cultural Marxist projects and changing this country irrevocably for the worst."

Katie Pavlich, who apparently is a fox commentator, was asked what she thought "Most of that is true, but I disagree that they have a free pass."

So she agrees that the most undeserving people in the world are Joe Biden and the left. She believes they will persecute "their ideological enemies" (which is greatly ironic given the current administration that she almost certainly supports). She agrees with making a parallel between Biden's agenda and Marxism. If 80% of nutters are getting their info from these sources or worse, it clearly explains where we are. We will never be a functioning society when this is the rhetoric that a substantial and powerful (see gerrymandering and electoral college) portion of the country hears and believes.
Shes saying Biden is undeserving of the moral high ground. And shes right. When Biden tells a roomful of blacks "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains", and says blacks ain't really black unless they support him...well, hes got the right to say those things, but he can't say those things and THEN claim to be the one who's going to bring us together.

Trumps personality was very insulting and polarizing. I totally get why democrats hated him, heck, I hate him as a person too.

What democrats struggle to understand, is that Republicans don't like taking cheap elbows, either. Nobody has delivered more stupid insults than Trump. But democrat leadership has come close. They spent the last 4 years insisting that republicans are a bunch of racist, gay-bashing, sexist, xenophobic cave dwellers, vilifying the police, etc. Fine, they can say that. But again, don't then approach me with open arms and call for unity. It doesn't work that way. You can't have it both ways.

Would have been nice if maybe Bush and Obama (who are friendly) could have a press conference together, remind us of whatever it is that we have left in common.

There will be no unity under Biden (or Pelosi, Schumer, etc), his calls for unity are only slightly less absurd than Trump calls for unity.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:13 AM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

A DC Police Dept officer says off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the US Capitol.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
A DC Police Dept officer says off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the US Capitol.
Which says what, about who? Except those individuals. Can we assume you wouldn't call 911 if, say, someone stole your copy of Chairman Maos Little Red Book?
Old 01-08-2021, 12:58 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Little obsessed aren’t you?
Where would you turn if your copy of Mein Kampf turned up missing?
Old 01-08-2021, 01:05 PM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
They tried to overthrow the government of the US? Can you explain how they would have been able to accomplish that?

On the other hand, you're very comfortable in overthrowing a duly elected President. In fact you tried your damnedest to help that cause. And, rather than rationally show with actual proof that such a thing should be done, you constantly lied, misrepresented, resorted to innuendo, conjecture, conspiracy theories and incessantly spewed divisive hate--the kind that was being peddled by the radical Dems and their complicit media.

It was exactly the hateful divisiveness that led to what happened in the capitol. Your kind of malevolence is part of the reason we are at the point of another sort of civil war and possible break up of this nation.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #82
scottw

Quote:

They tried to overthrow the government of the US in broad daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

They tried to overthrow the government of the US?
this is correct...unarmed and wearing halloween costumes...

Last edited by scottw; 01-08-2021 at 01:24 PM..
Old 01-08-2021, 01:25 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
They tried to overthrow the government of the US? Can you explain how they would have been able to accomplish that?

On the other hand, you're very comfortable in overthrowing a duly elected President. In fact you tried your damnedest to help that cause. And, rather than rationally show with actual proof that such a thing should be done, you constantly lied, misrepresented, resorted to innuendo, conjecture, conspiracy theories and incessantly spewed divisive hate--the kind that was being peddled by the radical Dems and their complicit media.

Obstruction is over, now the truth will find daylight and no longer be covered up by this administration.

It was exactly the hateful divisiveness that led to what happened in the capitol. Your kind of malevolence is part of the reason we are at the point of another sort of civil war and possible break up of this nation.
Quote:
this is correct...unarmed and wearing halloween costumes...
So the deplorables are in the same situation as Gore voters in 2000, Kerry voters in 2004, McCain voters in 2008, Romney voters in 2012, and Clinton voters in 2016, but they insist on being treated like special snowflakes whose upset must imminently cause the destruction of U.S. democracy.

And yes, I think that what they were led to do is deplorable.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
Obstruction is over, now the truth will find daylight and no longer be covered up by this administration.

There was no obstruction. None was proven. There were "unfounded" and "baseless" accusations of it. Which were part of the constant accusatory attack meant to overthrow a duly elected President.

And yes, I think that what they were led to do is deplorable.
Yes, the constant leftist characterization of Trump, Trump supporters, Republicans, "Conservatives" and "Right Wingers" as racists, stupid, NAZIs, women haters, etc., as well as the promotion of identity politics, "white Privilege," language control, forced behavior, and other such nonsense, were deplorable factors that led to what they did.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:09 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yes, the constant leftist characterization of Trump, Trump supporters, Republicans, "Conservatives" and "Right Wingers" as racists, stupid, NAZIs, women haters, etc., as well as the promotion of identity politics, "white Privilege," language control, forced behavior, and other such nonsense, were deplorable factors that led to what they did.
It is not by chance that most of the individuals who descended on the nation’s capital were white, nor is it an accident that they align with the Republican Party and this president. Moreover, it is not a coincidence that symbols of white racism, including the Confederate flag, were present and prominently displayed.

They are a dangerous mob of grievous white people worried that their position in the status hierarchy is threatened by a multiracial coalition of Americans who brought Biden to power and defeated Trump, whom back in 2017 Ta-Nehisi Coates called the first white president. Making this provocative point, Coates wrote, “It is often said that Trump has no real ideology, which is not true — his ideology is white supremacy, in all its truculent and sanctimonious power.” So, when we think about those who gathered in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday and who will surely continue their advance in opposition to democratic rule, let it not be lost on us that they do not simply come in defense of Donald Trump. They come in defense of white supremacy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 03:36 PM   #86
scottw

Quote:

They are a dangerous mob of grievous white people worried that their position in the status hierarchy is threatened by a multiracial coalition of Americans who brought Biden to power and defeated Trump, whom back in 2017 Ta-Nehisi Coates called the first white president. Making this provocative point, Coates wrote, “It is often said that Trump has no real ideology, which is not true — his ideology is white supremacy, in all its truculent and sanctimonious power.” So, when we think about those who gathered in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday and who will surely continue their advance in opposition to democratic rule, let it not be lost on us that they do not simply come in defense of Donald Trump. They come in defense of white supremacy.
This is the kind of stupidity that is the problem
Old 01-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
i was wondering when someone would inject racism into this. everything republicans do, is racist. supporting a president who got black unemployment to its lowest level ever, who increased funding to black colleges, who advocated for criminal justice reform and school
choice...is racist, according to pete.

really effed in the head.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:46 PM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i was wondering when someone would inject racism into this. everything republicans do, is racist. supporting a president who got black unemployment to its lowest level ever, who increased funding to black colleges, who advocated for criminal justice reform and school
choice...is racist, according to pete.

really effed in the head.
It is not by chance that most of the individuals who descended on the nation’s capital were white, nor is it an accident that they align with the Republican Party and this president. Moreover, it is not a coincidence that symbols of white racism, including the Confederate flag, were present and prominently displayed.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin attended the Wednesday's pro-Trump event at the U.S. Capitol.

He posted a series of videos during the event, calling for additional rioting.

Griffin, the founder of Cowboys for Trump, defended the actions of the rioters who stormed into the halls of Congress, damaged property and disrupted the democratic process of certifying the presidential election.

At one point, Griffin said when President-elect Biden is sworn in on Jan. 20, the rioters will return to mob the Capitol.

"Blood will run out of the building," he said.

Griffin added that he will plant a flag on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #90
detbuch

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, if Pete's views are in sync with Ta-Nehisi Coates's, that explains why they are warped. BTW Coates says, “Joe Biden shouldn’t be president.”