Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #361
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
well he was at ohio state when some other guy assaulted a woman, so clearly that’s his fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So that is all there is to the story - that he was at OS when some guy assaulted a women(?) and that people are blaming him?
Old 11-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #362
Pete F.
Canceled

Contrast the seriousness, depth of knowledge, and measured demeanor of Yovanovitch and other State Dept. witnesses with the clown show of this administration and their congressional cronies.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #363
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Contrast the seriousness, depth of knowledge, and measured demeanor of Yovanovitch .
she sounds like a whiny 8 year old that had her favorite doll taken away
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #364
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So that is all there is to the story - that he was at OS when some guy assaulted a women(?) and that people are blaming him?
if you’re going to take the position that there’s no evidence the bidens did anything fishy in the ukraine, then you have no business concluding that jordan did
anything wrong.

An investigation done by a law firm interviewed hundreds of people, and found zero evidence that jordan knew anything. two(?) people suing the school say he was aware.

again, i’d be happy to do a complete, thorough investigation to see what he knew. as i’d be happy to investigate what the bidens did in ukraine. i’m always a fan of truth, not merely when it serves my agenda.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #365
PaulS

Quote:
if you’re going to take the position that there’s no evidence the bidens did anything fishy in the ukraine, then you have no business concluding that jordan did
anything wrong.So what is the evidence the Biden's did anything corrupt?

An investigation done by a law firm interviewed hundreds of people, and found zero evidence that jordan knew anything. two(?) people suing the school say he was aware. are you sure about that. I think you need to look into that.

again, i’d be happy to do a complete, thorough investigation to see what he knew. as i’d be happy to investigate what the bidens did in ukraine. i’m always a fan of truth, not merely when it serves my agenda.

Can you pls. post up some links showing credible evidence Joe Biden did anything corrupt.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #366
PaulS

and in real time we have the Pres. of the US trashing and trying to destroy witnesses. How is this not witness intimidation.

What a sleazy man.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #367
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can you pls. post up some links showing credible evidence Joe Biden did anything corrupt.
biden was the point person on ukraine, and voila, his son gets a very lucrative gig for which he had no experience. Hunters hedge fund also received a ton of money from other foreign sources ( mitt romney’s kid too). you already know this, you just don’t care because you are sympathetic to biden.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #368
detbuch

Quote:
https://canadafreepress.com/article/...mps-phone-call
Old 11-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #369
PaulS

Quote:
biden was the point person on ukraine, and voila, his son gets a very lucrative gig for which he had no experience. Hunters hedge fund also received a ton of money from other foreign sources ( mitt romney’s kid too). you already know this, you just don’t care because you are sympathetic to biden.
So another words you have nothing to show any corruption.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #370
detbuch

Quote:
https://canadafreepress.com/article/...mps-phone-call
Old 11-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #371
Jim in CT

Quote:
is nepotism, or getting your son a gig he isn't qualifies for, corruption?
Old 11-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #372
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
she sounds like a whiny 8 year old that had her favorite doll taken away
You, like Floridaman, probably think that the State Department sends it's worst people to the toughest assignments

Trump attacking Ambassador Yovanovitch while she’s testifying. ⁦

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors.

Adam Schiff asks how this impacts other her & other witnesses. It’s intimidating, she says.

When Schiff asks Yovanovitch if Trump is trying to intimidate witnesses, she declines. She says the effect is intimidating, but she can’t say what his intent is. Consummately professional, she’s testifying to what she knows, not what the questioner wants to hear.

Although impeachment doesn’t require a crime, witness intimidation is in fact a crime & could be the basis of another article of impeachment.
Here’s the relevant law, https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1512

It’s hard to be restrained like she has in the face of this kind of misconduct by an American president. He’s not fit to lick her boots.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #373
scottw

Quote:
He’s not fit to lick her boots.
he's her President
Old 11-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #374
scottw

Quote:
is nepotism, or getting your son several gigs he isn't qualifies for, corruption?
I heard biden-the-younger's bank account records are surfacing showing some tremendous dough raking thanks to daddy and the foreign interests biden-the-senile was in charge of
Old 11-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #375
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Just how did you decide what Hunter Biden is qualified to do? Is your CV any better or that of any of the Trumps?
If you are worried about him being unqualified, you ought to look at Stephen Miller's CV

Here's his CV prior to Burisma and yes, who you know, where you went to school does count. Trump will always be a bridge and tunnel boy and he will never get over it.

In 1992, he graduated from Georgetown University with a bachelor's degree in history. During the year after he graduated from college, he served as a Jesuit volunteer at a church in Portland, Oregon, where he met and eventually married Kathleen Buhle. After attending Georgetown University Law Center for one year, he transferred to Yale Law School, graduating in 1996.
After graduating from law school, Biden took a position at MBNA America, a major bank holding company which was also a major contributor to his father's political campaigns.
By 1998, he had risen to the rank of executive vice president. From 1998 to 2001, he served in the United States Department of Commerce, focusing on ecommerce policy.
Biden became a lobbyist in 2001, co-founding the firm of Oldaker, Biden & Belair.
In 2006, Biden and his uncle, James Biden, attempted to buy Paradigm, a hedge-fund group, but the deal fell apart before completion. That same year he was appointed by President George W. Bush to a five year term on the board of directors of Amtrak. He was chosen as the board's vice chairman, and served from July 2006 until resigning at the end of January 2009.
After his father was elected as vice president in 2008, Biden resigned from his position on the Amtrak board of directors and left his career as a lobbyist. Along with Christopher Heinz, stepson of John Kerry, and Devon Archer, Biden founded the investment firm Rosemont Seneca.
He also became an attorney with the law firm Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, and founded Eudora Global, a venture capital firm.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #376
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I heard biden-the-younger's bank account records are surfacing showing some tremendous dough raking thanks to daddy and the foreign interests biden-the-senile was in charge of
Let's see Trumps and Kushners

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #377
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just how did you decide what Hunter Biden is qualified to do? Is your CV any better or that of any of the Trumps?
If you are worried about him being unqualified, you ought to look at Stephen Miller's CV

Here's his CV prior to Burisma and yes, who you know, where you went to school does count. Trump will always be a bridge and tunnel boy and he will never get over it.

In 1992, he graduated from Georgetown University with a bachelor's degree in history. During the year after he graduated from college, he served as a Jesuit volunteer at a church in Portland, Oregon, where he met and eventually married Kathleen Buhle. After attending Georgetown University Law Center for one year, he transferred to Yale Law School, graduating in 1996.
After graduating from law school, Biden took a position at MBNA America, a major bank holding company which was also a major contributor to his father's political campaigns.
By 1998, he had risen to the rank of executive vice president. From 1998 to 2001, he served in the United States Department of Commerce, focusing on ecommerce policy.
Biden became a lobbyist in 2001, co-founding the firm of Oldaker, Biden & Belair.
In 2006, Biden and his uncle, James Biden, attempted to buy Paradigm, a hedge-fund group, but the deal fell apart before completion. That same year he was appointed by President George W. Bush to a five year term on the board of directors of Amtrak. He was chosen as the board's vice chairman, and served from July 2006 until resigning at the end of January 2009.
After his father was elected as vice president in 2008, Biden resigned from his position on the Amtrak board of directors and left his career as a lobbyist. Along with Christopher Heinz, stepson of John Kerry, and Devon Archer, Biden founded the investment firm Rosemont Seneca.
He also became an attorney with the law firm Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, and founded Eudora Global, a venture capital firm.
read the link that detbuch provided...them get back to us...
Old 11-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #378
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm assuming and not hunting for it but that it is an article by John Solomon about Shokin, Burisma and Biden.

You would think that the Trumplicans would want to call Shokin as a witness, I wonder why not?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #379
PaulS

Quote:
did he get his son a gig?

No doubt the son benefited from having daddy as Sen. but it is not illegal.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #380
Pete F.
Canceled

Some parallels can be drawn with Trump’s longtime buddy Roger Stone being convicted of tampering with a witness before Congress on the day Trump attacks a witness testifying before Congress.

And since Floridaman only surrounds himself with the best people, federal prosecutors are investigating whether Rudy Giuliani stood to personally profit from a Ukrainian natural-gas business pushed by two associates.

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-15-2019 at 12:19 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #381
ReelinRod

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #382
Pete F.
Canceled

Close to 14 Million watched the first public hearing, more than 20% of the number that voted in 2016

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #383
wdmso

Quote:
panic over what? did you see jim jordan question the star witness, who admitted zero first hand
knowledge of anything?
again its called commander's intent

Do you actual Think intelligence gathering is only True if the person spoke directly to Putin or Kim .. And that we dismiss any information if they havent had direct conversations ???

How many professional does it take all getting the same message from above for you just accept that it happened ... because again I havent seen anyone under oath who sees it differently .... Why is That

Republicans are once again banking on their bases lack of basic common sense
Old 11-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #384
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
kinda of like your crowdstrike conspiracy

asked jim this same question '

How many professional does it take all getting the same message from above for you just accept that it happened ... and why havent we seen anyone under oath from the administration who sees it differently ....????

Why is That MR
Old 11-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #385
Jim in CT

Quote:
did he get his son a gig?

No doubt the son benefited from having daddy as Sen. but it is not illegal.
his son got the gig, coincidentally according to you, while
dad was the point person on the executive branch’s ukrainian
agenda.

i agree not illegal. what did trump
do that was illegal? quid pro quo is illegal? how many times a day does one politician say to another, “vote for my bill, and i’ll vote for yours.”

as confident as you all are that there’s nothing there, the left sure doesn’t want the truth revealed. how about we do an honest investigation and release the results?
Old 11-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #386
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Yovanovitch says John Solomon's columns were used to push false allegations
BY OLIVIA BEAVERS - 11/15/19 01:58 PM EST 930

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch testified Friday that a shadow campaign led by Rudy Giuliani and his associates appeared to be behind what she said were false attacks against her that led to her ouster.

She singled out columns in The Hill written by former conservative opinion contributor John Solomon, which the staff counsel to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) highlighted during the committee's second public impeachment hearing.

In response to questions from staff counsel Daniel Goldman, Yovanovich said the origin of the attacks against her was a series of opinion articles in The Hill authored by Solomon. She also said the allegations came in part from Yuri Lutsenko, the former prosecutor general of Ukraine.

"This effort by Giuliani and his associates resulted in a series of articles in The Hill publication that were based on allegations in part from Lutsenko," she said.

Goldman in his questioning highlighted three categories of attacks against Yovanovitch.

"One category included the attacks against you, which you referenced in your opening statement including that you had bad-mouthed the president and had given the prosecutor general a do-not-prosecute list," Goldman said. "There was another that included allegations of Ukrainian interference in a 2016 election and then there was a third that related to allegations concerning Burisma and the Bidens, is that accurate?"

"Yes," Yovanovitch answered, adding that they "seemed to be promoted by those around Mayor Giuliani."

"These attacks were being repeated by the president himself and his son," she added, which she said made her "worried."

Such allegations also received pickup on Fox News, she noted.

Yovanovitch said it was false that she had bad-mouthed the president and handed Lutsenko a do-not-prosecute list, a charge initially included in a column by Solomon in The Hill after an interview with Lutsenko.
Yovanovitch and the State Department have pushed back on that claim, saying it is false there was such a list.

Ukrainian media quoted Lutsenko as changing his story, though in an interview with The New York Times last month, Lutsenko blamed the confusion on an interpreter for his interview with Solomon and said Yovanovitch had asked him to target certain politicians and activists who worked with the embassy on its anti-corruption efforts.

Yovanovitch has maintained on Wednesday that she did not speak negatively about the president, which was a point that led some to press for her removal.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #387
Pete F.
Canceled

Of all the corrupt people and companies in Ukraine, Trump was only interested in the investigation of one AMERICAN who was serving on the board of one company. And that American just happened to be the son of the presidents possible electoral opponent in 2020

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #388
Pete F.
Canceled

Marie Yovanovitch confirms: the institutions are not holding up. She has witnessed a State Dept gutted and an administration succumbing to foreign influence and corruption.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #389
Jim in CT

for god’s sake, someone tell
trump not to attack witnesses while they’re testifying.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #390
Pete F.
Canceled

Gym Jordan suggests that, as ambassador to Ukraine, Yovanovitch should have asked Ukrainians not to speak out after candidate Trump indicated he might support Russia’s seizure of Ukrainian territory.

Does Gym think that letting Russia invade and occupy Crimea was the policy of the administration at the time?

It certainly looks like it is the policy of Putin's Puppet

Lets Go Darwin