Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 03-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
Spence, you must have a few hang-nail stories to share with us??
Too many. I remember on time heading out for a business trip and putting on my pair of brand new Michael Toschi Bertas...

https://www.mensdesignershoe.com/mic.../pid-4315.html

What I didn't realize was that the shape of the last wasn't friendly with the little bone spur on my right heel. By the time I got to San Francisco I had wore a hole in my dress sock and had a pretty bad blister. I could barely walk. I found a pharmacy and got some of that second skin blister stuff which saved the day.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #2
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
..... pair of brand new Michael Toschi Bertas...

I actually clicked the link...I don't think I've spent that much money on shoes in my entire life-time??? Not to mention, I could never wear shoes like that...the backs are too non-forgiving for my ankles. I'd have to carry a box of kleenex for padding.
Different strokes for different blokes...

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
I actually clicked the link...I don't think I've spent that much money on shoes in my entire life-time??? Not to mention, I could never wear shoes like that...the backs are too non-forgiving for my ankles. I'd have to carry a box of kleenex for padding.
Different strokes for different blokes...
I never have either, used to have a hobby of finding ridiculously expensive clothing at deep discounts, then flipping it for a profit to fund my personal stash. This was a lot easier to do during the great recession, don't do it any more.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Too many. I remember on time heading out for a business trip and putting on my pair of brand new Michael Toschi Bertas...

What I didn't realize was that the shape of the last wasn't friendly with the little bone spur on my right heel. By the time I got to San Francisco I had wore a hole in my dress sock and had a pretty bad blister. I could barely walk. I found a pharmacy and got some of that second skin blister stuff which saved the day.
You can be honest with us, Spence. We know you weren’t going to San Francisco on a work trip.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #5
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

2013, cut a large Oak in the woods. i always start from the top and limb out. I also always check to see if and "widow makers" are caught underneath.

Yup! Missed one. Cut through a branch and this 3" in diameter sapling hit me square in the mouth. I saw stars but had the presence of mind to throw the saw.

22 stitches and knocked out my 2 upper front teeth.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:13 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You can be honest with us, Spence. We know you weren’t going to San Francisco on a work trip.
SFO closest airport, meeting was in San Jose.

Hey aren't you the guy who told me you used to buy MAC cosmetics at Nordstrom from the guy who cut my hair?
Old 03-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Gilly, it is not the fall that hurts, it's the landing.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #8
fishbones

Quote:
SFO closest airport, meeting was in San Jose.

Hey aren't you the guy who told me you used to buy MAC cosmetics at Nordstrom from the guy who cut my hair?
That must be someone else. I have no idea about cosmetics or the guy who cuts your hair.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:50 AM   #9
Rmarsh

Quote:

I wear these everywhere I go..... goes with all my outfits too......usually last about a year.

Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote