Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
teaser
Wave Jumper

Boston Bruins

I just left the game against the NY Islanders, looked good at first but then it seemed the look of the old/sucky Bruins started to show. I think they wasted their money on Fernandez, he was struggling with the puck most of the game and all 4 goals that beat him were weak goals that my daughter could have stopped.

They won they're 1st game and nothing since, I hope this is no indication of how the season is going to be. Best thing about today though was that it felt good to be back in the rink for a game win or loose. Nothing like just being there. I had great seats too, 8 rows up from the ice behind the Bruins bench, even got to talk to Bergeron and Axelsson for a couple of minutes before the game.

Tim Thomas was the highlight with the all little ones at the garden tonight as he was signing jerseys before the game, kids were in 7th heaven all trying to shake his hand or have him sign something. It's good to see the players make the night of the kids that go see them, you can see the sparkle in they're eyes when they walk away.

Well we'll have to see how the season goes and hope it's better than last year.

Tight lines and keep your stick on the ice!

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
Fishin' Blues

Like everyone else, I'd like to see Jeremy Jacobs sell the team, but I'm looking forward to the NHL this year.

They do have Cam in the front office now, so maybe they'll get a little tougher. Hopefully Julien won't use the neutral zone trap here. It might have brought the Devils some Cups but they can't get anyone to go to the games because of boredom.
Fishin' Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

jacobs, todays nhl, beginning of another skectchy season....don't know whether to to happy or sad.... i miss real hockey.....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
teaser
Wave Jumper

The Devils became the most boring team in the NHL because of the trap at center ice. And Martin Brodeur is good but he's not as good as he thinks he is, people forget that he's got 5 other players on the ice at the same time acting like goaltenders with him and thats what makes him look so good. Fernandez is definately not the answer for the B's and Cam in the front office isn't going to do squat for the team, they need to get in the trenches and tough it out like the old Big Bad Bruins did and then they will find their way to the top.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
Squid kids Dad

We shall see...We shall see.

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
teaser
Wave Jumper

Yep! Brand new shiny season filled with the same old tired and DULL Bruins. Game opener 4-1, Manny Fernandez couldn't stop a beach ball with the side of a barn, he stinks.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Fishin' Blues

8 goal and a hat trick by Kessel last night, against a pretty good team. They looked pretty good in the Anaheim loss and pretty much controlled the Coyotes the whole game.

I'm not very optimistic on Fernandez though. He looks slow and not very flexible to me. Who knows? Maybe he's a slow starter. He's making a lot of money, I know that.

Not bad when you consider they're playing their first 5 games out west. They just might make a playoff spot!
Fishin' Blues is offline   Reply With Quote