Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-24-2020, 09:56 PM   #1
detbuch

More declassified FBI texts show Flynn was illegally set up.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/24...investigation/

‘Trump Was Right’: Explosive New FBI Texts Detail Internal Furor Over Handling Of ‘Crossfire Hurricane’ Investigation
Newly disclosed internal FBI notes and text messages detail the extent of the FBI's desire to take down Trump and his associates at any cost.
Sean Davis and Mollie Hemingway
By Sean Davis and Mollie Hemingway
SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents tasked by fired former Director James Comey to take down Donald Trump during and after the 2016 election were so concerned about the agency’s potentially illegal behavior that they purchased liability insurance to protect themselves less than two weeks before Trump was inaugurated president, previously hidden FBI text messages show. The explosive new communications and internal FBI notes were disclosed in federal court filings today from Sidney Powell, the attorney who heads Michael Flynn’s legal defense team.

“[W]e all went and purchased professional liability insurance,” one agent texted on Jan. 10, 2017, the same day CNN leaked details that then-President-elect Trump had been briefed by Comey about the bogus Christopher Steele dossier. That briefing of Trump was used as a pretext to legitimize the debunked dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign and compiled by a foreign intelligence officer who was working for a sanctioned Russian oligarch.

“Holy crap,” an agent responded. “All the analysts too?”

“Yep,” the first agent said. “All the folks at the Agency as well.”

“[C]an I ask who are the most likely litigators?” an agent responded. “[A]s far as potentially suing y’all[?]”

“[H]aha, who knows….I think [t]he concern when we got it was that there was a big leak at DOJ and the NYT among others was going to do a piece,” the first agent said.

While the names of the agents responsible for the texts are redacted, the legal filing from Powell, quoting communications from the Department of Justice (DOJ), states that the latest document production included handwritten notes and texts from Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page, and FBI analysts who worked on the FBI’s investigation of Flynn.

Agents also said they were worried about how a new attorney general might view the actions taken against Trump during the investigation. Shortly after then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was confirmed to be Trump’s new attorney general, congressional Democrats, media, and Obama holdovers within DOJ immediately moved to force Sessions to recuse himself from overseeing the department’s investigations against Trump.

“[T]he new AG might have some questions….then yada yada yada…we all get screwed,” one agent wrote.

The FBI agents also discussed how the investigation’s leadership was consumed with conspiracy theories rather than evidence.

“I’m tellying [sic] man, if this thing ever gets FOIA’d, there are going to be some tough questions asked,” one agent wrote. “[A]nd a great deal of those will be related to Brian having a scope way outside the boundaries of logic[.]”

“[REDACTED] is one of the worst offenders of the rabbit holes and conspiracy theories,” an agent texted. “This guy traveled with that guy, who put down 3rd guy as his visa sponsor. 3rd guy lives near a navy base, therefore…[.]”

Several texts show that the order to close the criminal investigation against Flynn came as early as Nov. 8, 2016, the same day as the 2016 presidential election. It was later re-opened in early January of 2017.

“We have some loose ends to tie up, and we all need to meet to discuss what to do with each case (he said shut down Razor),” one agent texted, referring to Crossfire Razor, the FBI’s internal code name for the investigation of Flynn.

“[S]o glad they’re closing Razor,” an agent responded.

The new disclosures made by DOJ also show that the FBI used so-called national security letters (NSLs) to spy on Flynn’s finances. Unlike traditional subpoenas, which require judicial review and approval before authorities can seize an innocent person’s property and information, NSLs are never independently reviewed by courts. One of the agents noted in a text message that the NSLs were just being used as a pretext by FBI leadership to buy time to find dirt on Flynn after the first investigation of him yielded no derogatory information.

“[T]he decision to NSL finances for Razor bought him time,” one agent said nearly two weeks after the initial order to shut down the anti-Flynn case. It is not known to whom the agent was referring in that text.

“What do we expect to get from an NSL[?]” an agent texted on Dec. 5, 2016. “We put out traces, tripwires to community and nothing.”

“[B]ingo,” another FBI agent responded. “[S]o what’s an NSL going to do – no content.”

“Hahah this is a nightmare,” an agent said.

“If we’re working to close down the cases, I’m not sure what NSL results would do to help,” one agent wrote.

“[E]xactly that makes no sense,” an agent wrote back.

The explosive new text messages also show agents believed the investigation was being run by FBI officials who were in the tank for Hillary Clinton.

“[D]oing all this election research – I think some of these guys want a [C]linton presidency,” one agent wrote on Aug. 11, shortly after the FBI opened the Crossfire Hurricane investigation against Trump.

In one series of texts sent the same day as the infamous Jan. 5 Oval Office meeting between Obama, Biden, Comey, Sally Yates, and Susan Rice, one agent admits that “Trump was right” when he tweeted that the FBI was delaying his briefings as incoming president so they could cook up evidence against him. As The Federalist first reported last May, that Jan. 5 meeting was the key to understanding the entire anti-Trump operation run out of Obama’s FBI.

“The ‘Intelligence’ briefing on so-called ‘Russian hacking’ was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case,” Trump tweeted on January 3. “Very strange!”

“So razor is going to stay open???” an agent wrote on Jan. 5.

“[Y]ep,” another FBI agent responded. “[C]rimes report being drafted.”

“F,” the first agent wrote back.

“[W]hat’s the word on how [Obama’s] briefing went?” one agent asked, referring to the Jan. 5 meeting.

“Dont know but people here are scrambling for info to support certain things and its a mad house,” an FBI agent responded.

“[J]esus,” an agent wrote back. “[T]rump was right. [S]till not put together….why do we do this to ourselves. [W]hat is wrong with these people[?]?

A week later, the FBI agents also wrote that they suspected that the illegal leak of top secret information about Flynn’s phone calls with Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergei Kislyak to the news media came directly from the White House.

“FYI – someone leaked the Flynn calls with Kislyak to the WSJ,” the agent wrote.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” another FBI agent responded sarcastically. “I’ll resume my duties as Chief Morale Officer and rectify that.”

“Published this morning by Ignatius,” an agent said, referencing the Jan. 12 column from Washington Post writer David Ignatius that included leaked top-secret information about Flynn’s calls with Kislyak.

“It’s got to be someone on staff,” an agent wrote. “[Presidential Daily Briefing] staff. Or WH seniors.”

To date, not a single person has been charged with illegally leaking that information to the Washington Post as a way of damaging Flynn and the incoming Trump administration.

Following a review of the federal government’s investigation by U.S. Attorney Jeff Jensen, which was ordered by Attorney General William Barr, the government moved to dismiss all charges against Flynn that had been previously brought by former Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Documents unearthed during Jensen’s review showed that before the FBI was tasked by the Obama White House in early 2017 with re-targeting Flynn, the agency closed a previous investigation against him because there was no proof of any criminal wrongdoing. Jensen’s review also uncovered evidence that the FBI’s interview of Flynn, which later led to charges that he lied to FBI investigators, had no legal basis and that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that he had lied.

Contrary to claims by Mueller’s office that Flynn had lied about discussing financial sanctions against Russia during post-election phone calls with Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergei Kislyak, declassified transcripts of those conversations confirmed that Flynn spoke to Kislyak only about expulsions of Russian diplomats and that the two men never discussed financial sanctions against Russia that had previously been levied by the Obama administration. Jensen’s review of Flynn’s case file also revealed handwritten notes from the FBI’s top counterintelligence official that admitted a primary goal of the FBI’s anti-Flynn operation was “to get him to lie so we can prosecute him or get him fired.”

Despite the overwhelming evidence that Flynn did not lie to agents, the FBI had no legal basis to interview him, that the FBI later hid exculpatory documents from Flynn’s defense team, Flynn did not discuss financial sanctions during his phone calls with Kislyak, and the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe he lied, federal trial Judge Emmet G. Sullivan has refused to dismiss the case against Flynn.

Instead, Sullivan personally appointed a left-wing shadow prosecutor, whose partners represent former DOJ official Yates, to smear Flynn and attempt to continue the baseless criminal case against him. At one point last April, Sullivan even tried to order the DOJ to stop producing and publicly filing exculpatory evidence for Flynn or evidence of FBI misbehavior during its investigation of Flynn.

Sullivan, who called Flynn a traitor during court proceedings and suggested that Flynn — a decorated Army combat veteran — be charged with treason, has refused to recuse himself from the case despite his obvious personal animosity toward Flynn.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:31 AM   #2
scottw

don't expect the leftists here to read this, they will simply dismiss...pete has been screeching about an activist court lately and was happy to share the findings or the most recent court ruling on this but apparently didn't read any of the dissent
Old 09-25-2020, 03:44 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

What’s going on in NY is far more interesting

Ahead of hearing at 2nd Circuit tmrw, Manhattan DA says they are investigating why “between 2004-2014, Trump faced billions in liabilities and yet somehow had money to purchase ‘five houses, eight golf courses and a winery,’ including land in Scotland, for $400 million in cash.”
Safe to say DA is focused on tax fraud, bank fraud, and other types of financial crimes. But revealing those crimes may include *finally* unraveling how Donald Trump secured $2 billion in loans from Deutsche Bank—the world’s Russian laundromat—when no other bank would touch him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-25-2020, 05:07 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
don't expect the leftists here to read this, they will simply dismiss...pete has been screeching about an activist court lately and was happy to share the findings or the most recent court ruling on this but apparently didn't read any of the dissent
Well considering the influence Trump has shown on the AG and his department, homeland security, education and the postal service, I view anything coming out of the administration with skepticism. I view anything DeBarr posts with the same skepticism, so yes I won’t read it.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:28 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well considering the influence Trump has shown on the AG and his department, homeland security, education and the postal service, I view anything coming out of the administration with skepticism. I view anything DeBarr posts with the same skepticism, so yes I won’t read it.
just stay stupid
Old 09-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #6
detbuch

For those who don't like to read lengthy articles, here's presentation of the released FBI texts by a Canadian lawyer who has a youtube "vlawg" named viva frei.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #7
spence

These text don’t show any illegal behavior, and liability insurance is very common among federal employees. I’m sure knowing they were working on very sensitive cases the idea of a new AG beholden to Trump was quite terrifying. And now we have selective leaks to throw good employees under the bus in a desperate attempt to influence an election Trump is losing.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #8
wdmso

Just like Trumplicans to cling to 1 voice of 1 .ow level agent who's view contrary to the rest of the FBI , but is in clear alignment of their messaging from day 1..

This is same tactics are applied in all republican arguments

Its done with climate change

Voter fraud now mail in voter fraud

Covid 19

Or hydroxychloroquine champions
Old 09-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #9
detbuch

QUOTE=spence;1201646]These text don’t show any illegal behavior,

Perhaps you missed the illegal leaks of classified information. Or keeping the investigation going with an FBI interview of Flynn after the case was going to be closed for lack of evidence of criminality had no legal basis. Or exculpatory evidence withheld from Flynn defense team. Or Flynn not actually lying about discussing sanctions as transcripts show he only discussed expulsions with Kislyak, and agents not believing he lied, yet charging him with lying about discussing sanctions.

I don't know if the leaders of the investigation being consumed with "conspiracy theories" rather than evidence, or keeping the investigation opened long after no evidence of criminality was found merely in order to get more time to actually find real evidence to help "get Trump" are illegal, but certainly are unethical, not befitting the honor and duty of the FBI,

and liability insurance is very common among federal employees. I’m sure knowing they were working on very sensitive cases the idea of a new AG beholden to Trump was quite terrifying.

Then it stands to reason they should already have had the insurance rather than being frightened by the unethical and illegal nature of this particular case to get it.

And now we have selective leaks to throw good employees under the bus in a desperate attempt to influence an election Trump is losing.
[/QUOTE]

They are not "leaks." And the information is not classified. As long as the Flynn case is not allowed to be dismissed and forced to stay open, the disclosures are exculpatory information that legally must be given to Flynn's defense, and are legitimate information that the public has a right to know. And the "good" employees are not being thrown under the bus. The few bad ones leading the corrupt investigation are being exposed.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Just like Trumplicans to cling to 1 voice of 1 .ow level agent who's view contrary to the rest of the FBI , but is in clear alignment of their messaging from day 1..

This is same tactics are applied in all republican arguments

Its done with climate change

Voter fraud now mail in voter fraud

Covid 19

Or hydroxychloroquine champions
Oh, so now the whistleblower is just one low level agent (the "low level" line agents are actually the ones tasked to do the investigation). Only whistleblowers against Trump have credibility? And the texts include the conversations of other "low level" agents, not just the Barnett.

And there are a lot of hydroxychloroquine champion doctors in this country as well as worldwide. As well as a lot of champions who tout the existence and possibility of voter fraud and question the lefts response to climate change. But those are different subjects.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Oh, so now the whistleblower is just one low level agent (the "low level" line agents are actually the ones tasked to do the investigation). Only whistleblowers against Trump have credibility? And the texts include the conversations of other "low level" agents, not just the Barnett.

And there are a lot of hydroxychloroquine champion doctors in this country as well as worldwide. As well as a lot of champions who tout the existence and possibility of voter fraud and question the lefts response to climate change. But those are different subjects.
He is no whistleblower but please keep making false comparisons

those are different subjects but. The response is always the same find a needle in the haystack and sell rinse and repeat their views as mainstream 4 out 5 dentist recommended trident,, the 5ths a conservative

And thanks for reinforcing. The hydroxychloroquine fantasy,, instead of just admitting Trump was wrong and the voter fraud claim .. your clearly a True believer

Trump Demands Joe Biden To Take Drug Test Before Or After Tuesday Debate
"I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night," Trump tweeted.

I am sure you can spin this into somehow the request is normal

Last edited by wdmso; 09-27-2020 at 12:30 PM..
Old 09-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

those are different subjects but. The response is always the same find a needle in the haystack and sell rinse and repeat their views as mainstream 4 out 5 dentist recommended trident,, the 5ths a conservative

And thanks for reinforcing. The hydroxychloroquine fantasy,, instead of just admitting Trump was wrong and the voter fraud claim .. your clearly a True believer

"I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night," Trump tweeted.

Joe should accept the test if Trump will take an IQ test
Old 09-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:

During his tenure on the case, he threatened to report the way he was instructed to handle, as the supervisory case agent in the Flynn case, to the IG, which would officially have made him a whistleblower. He testified under oath in his interview with U.S. Attorney Jeff Jensen, and he revealed what he would said to the IG. Pretty much compares to a whistleblower.

those are different subjects but. The response is always the same find a needle in the haystack

Agent Burnett was not a needle in a haystack. He was the supervisory case agent. And the 302's included similar comments from several other agents, not just one "needle."

So what do you have against finding needles in haystacks anyway? It would be good, though very difficult, to find the needle. It's a victory of sorts to find the needle, not some inconsequential so what, who cares, nothing burger. The whole point is to find the needle, or else why else search?

I'm not a true believer. I don't have the expertise to know one way or the other. But it is not true that the world has rejected it. The first item listed in a search was this sampling "Hydroxychloroquine usage amongst COVID-19 treaters is 72% in Spain, 49% in Italy, 41% in Brazil, 39% in Mexico, 28% in France, 23% in the U.S., 17% in Germany, 16% in Canada, 13% in the UK and 7% in Japan."

On the same page was this: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/08/07/theres-a-mountain-of-evidence-that-hydroxychloroquine-is-an-effective-treatment-for-covid-19-n763953". There are all kinds of other articles and opinions by various experts that say it is effective.

South Korea and Taiwan (as well as China) which had the best stats re covid had it as part of their treatment protocol.

I probably could, if I wanted to. But I don't care about that nonsense. Apparently you do, and you're trying make some feeble kind of spin about it.

It's also off the subject of this thread. A real conversation about the subject, in case you missed it and care to comment on it, was:

QUOTE=spence;1201646]These text don’t show any illegal behavior,

Perhaps you missed the illegal leaks of classified information. Or keeping the investigation going with an FBI interview of Flynn after the case was going to be closed for lack of evidence of criminality which all had no legal basis. Or exculpatory evidence withheld from Flynn defense team. Or Flynn not actually lying about discussing sanctions as transcripts show he only discussed expulsions with Kislyak, and agents not believing he lied, yet charging him with lying about discussing sanctions.

I don't know if the leaders of the investigation being consumed with "conspiracy theories" rather than evidence, or keeping the investigation opened long after no evidence of criminality was found merely in order to get more time to actually find real evidence to help "get Trump" are illegal, but certainly are unethical, not befitting the honor and duty of the FBI,

and liability insurance is very common among federal employees. I’m sure knowing they were working on very sensitive cases the idea of a new AG beholden to Trump was quite terrifying.

Then it stands to reason they should already have had the insurance rather than being frightened by the unethical and illegal nature of this particular case to get it.

And now we have selective leaks to throw good employees under the bus in a desperate attempt to influence an election Trump is losing.
[/QUOTE]

They are not "leaks." And the information is not classified. As long as the Flynn case is not allowed to be dismissed and forced to stay open, the disclosures are exculpatory information that legally must be given to Flynn's defense, and are legitimate information that the public has a right to know. And the "good" employees are not being thrown under the bus. The few bad ones leading the corrupt investigation are being exposed.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Another Flynn hearing today: Judge Sullivan asks whether it would be "appropriate" to give a future Justice Department and Attorney General the opportunity to review whether to bring a case against Michael Flynn for "uncharged criminal conduct."

Former federal judge John Gleeson, appointed as amicus in Flynn case, says, "I can't believe some of the things I'm hearing." He says Flynn pleaded guilty twice then checked the which way the winds blew. "Not for nothing, but this crime was committed in the West Wing," he says.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Another Flynn hearing today: Judge Sullivan asks whether it would be "appropriate" to give a future Justice Department and Attorney General the opportunity to review whether to bring a case against Michael Flynn for "uncharged criminal conduct."

Former federal judge John Gleeson, appointed as amicus in Flynn case, says, "I can't believe some of the things I'm hearing." He says Flynn pleaded guilty twice then checked the which way the winds blew. "Not for nothing, but this crime was committed in the West Wing," he says.
Sounds like desperation.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:14 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Sounds like frustration with a lawless administration
Old 09-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Sounds like frustration with a lawless administration
What laws are you referring to?
The FBI was loose with the law in pursuing Flynn. The use of the Steele Dossier to get a FISA warrant was lawless. Withholding exculpatory information from Flynn was lawless. Kevin Clinesmith altering a Carter Page email was lawless. Continuing investigations of Flynn and Trump when no criminality was found was lawless.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:41 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What laws are you referring to?
The FBI was loose with the law in pursuing Flynn. The use of the Steele Dossier to get a FISA warrant was lawless. Withholding exculpatory information from Flynn was lawless. Kevin Clinesmith altering a Carter Page email was lawless. Continuing investigations of Flynn and Trump when no criminality was found was lawless.
Wake up
He directed government employees to assist him in putting on a political extravaganza at the White House. His secretary of state dialed in from Jerusalem for a purely political role as Trump’s cheerleader at the Republican National Convention, in violation of both the Hatch Act and his own departmental guidelines. Trump instructed his director of national intelligence to refuse to brief members of Congress in person on efforts to disrupt the 2020 election, a choice House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) declared “a shocking abdication of its lawful responsibility to keep the Congress currently informed, and a betrayal of the public’s right to know how foreign powers are trying to subvert our democracy.” And Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has instituted measures that have slowed the mail, even as more Americans will rely on the Postal Service to cast their ballots.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2020, 01:31 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Wake up
He directed government employees to assist him in putting on a political extravaganza at the White House. His secretary of state dialed in from Jerusalem for a purely political role as Trump’s cheerleader at the Republican National Convention, in violation of both the Hatch Act and his own departmental guidelines. Trump instructed his director of national intelligence to refuse to brief members of Congress in person on efforts to disrupt the 2020 election, a choice House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) declared “a shocking abdication of its lawful responsibility to keep the Congress currently informed, and a betrayal of the public’s right to know how foreign powers are trying to subvert our democracy.” And Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has instituted measures that have slowed the mail, even as more Americans will rely on the Postal Service to cast their ballots.
Its disputable that the Hatch act was violated. It's original purpose was not violated. Congress is still being briefed on intelligence in writing. And the postmaster general did not break any law.

On the other hand, I stand by my comment above about actual lawlessness.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #20
wdmso

Flynn Attorney Says She Briefed Trump On Case Amid DOJ Intervention

lying-to-the-FBI Flynn admitted to it..

And the rights excuse it basically saying he was waterboarded and thats why he plead guilty twice
Old 09-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Flynn Attorney Says She Briefed Trump On Case Amid DOJ Intervention

She said she asked him not to pardon Flynn.

lying-to-the-FBI Flynn admitted to it..

And the rights excuse it basically saying he was waterboarded and thats why he plead guilty twice
Haven't heard him say he was waterboarded. Are you lying, or do you have evidence that the "right" said that? He was threatened that his son could be prosecuted if he didn't cooperate. He is trying to retract his guilty plea. He has renounced it more than twice. He has a solid case that he was coerced and that exculpatory evidence in his favor was withheld by the prosecution. And evidence is mounting that the FBI had kept the case open even after it had not found any criminal action by Flynn. And that the reason to keep it going was to get Flynn. To entrap in into a "lie" so he would resign or be fired. And that the ultimate reason to get Flynn was to get Trump.

The whole thing stinks. It reveals the danger to all of us if our intelligence, policing, and prosecutorial agencies are allowed to go after and "get" a citizen in order to advance political motives.

And the "left" wants to dismiss that, dismiss the egregious and dangerous misconduct and outright lawlessness of the FBI and others, and harp only on "he pleaded guilty twice."
Old 09-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Some more stink
Judge Emmet Sullivan has ordered the Justice Department to provide a sworn declaration certifying whether the materials submitted to him from Flynn's team "were true and accurate," saying he was "floored" by the "unsettling" claim they had been modified.

Flynn's lawyer "said she had recently briefed Mr. Trump about developments in the case and asked him not to pardon her client. Pressed further, she cited The New York Times as reporting that she had spoken to Mr. Trump at least five times." Oh.

No surprise - the Flynn team is connected to Trump team is connected to the Barr team etc. The old bone rhyme. Judge Sullivan has their number.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Some more stink
Judge Emmet Sullivan has ordered the Justice Department to provide a sworn declaration certifying whether the materials submitted to him from Flynn's team "were true and accurate," saying he was "floored" by the "unsettling" claim they had been modified.

Flynn's lawyer "said she had recently briefed Mr. Trump about developments in the case and asked him not to pardon her client. Pressed further, she cited The New York Times as reporting that she had spoken to Mr. Trump at least five times." Oh.

No surprise - the Flynn team is connected to Trump team is connected to the Barr team etc. The old bone rhyme. Judge Sullivan has their number.
This indeterminate tidbit does not dismiss the lawless actions of the FBI against Flynn. And Sullivan's ignoring those actions just keeps the stink going and collaterally gathering more stink. The whole thing needlessly stinks. And the FBI's stinky, dangerous, actions caused it.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Haven't heard him say he was waterboarded. Are you lying, or do you have evidence that the "right" said that? He was threatened that his son could be prosecuted if he didn't cooperate. He is trying to retract his guilty plea. He has renounced it more than twice. He has a solid case that he was coerced and that exculpatory evidence in his favor was withheld by the prosecution. And evidence is mounting that the FBI had kept the case open even after it had not found any criminal action by Flynn. And that the reason to keep it going was to get Flynn. To entrap in into a "lie" so he would resign or be fired. And that the ultimate reason to get Flynn was to get Trump.

The whole thing stinks. It reveals the danger to all of us if our intelligence, policing, and prosecutorial agencies are allowed to go after and "get" a citizen in order to advance political motives.

And the "left" wants to dismiss that, dismiss the egregious and dangerous misconduct and outright lawlessness of the FBI and others, and harp only on "he pleaded guilty twice."
Your not good with metaphors are you or the truth expect your ideas of the truth egregious and dangerous misconduct and outright lawlessness of the FBI and others,
Old 09-30-2020, 10:59 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Your claims are unproven at best.
Flynn is protecting Tweety, pardon him and he can no longer plead the fifth.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:14 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
Your not good with metaphors are you or the truth expect your ideas of the truth egregious and dangerous misconduct and outright lawlessness of the FBI and others,
????????????
Old 09-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Your claims are unproven at best.
Flynn is protecting Tweety, pardon him and he can no longer plead the fifth.
My claims are supported by the FBI's own transcripts. Seems like you're trying to protect the FBI's corrupt tactics--probably because they tried to "get" Trump.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #28
spence

“The awkward order from Judge Emmet Sullivan follows a DOJ admission that it accidentally and erroneously produced altered exhibits of notes written by fired FBI agent Peter Strzok and fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.”

Whaattt?