Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
Jim in CT

breonna taylor tragedy

the officers did not execute a no-knock warrant. even i thought they did, because everyone was saying it.

according to what the cops said, and corroborated by people
living in the apartment building, the cops yelled “police” first, then knocked. upon entering, taylor’s boyfriend ( a drug dealer for whom the warrant was granted) shot one of the cops. he admits he fired first.

tragedy? absolutely. Murder? not even close. not even close.

almost everything i heard about this case in the media was a lie. a politically convenient lie.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #2
Jim in CT

cnn contributor, a black man with a PhD, says “black people cant go anywhere.”

not sure where he got his PhD from, or how he managed to survive.

a very sad time.

spread lies to keep blacks agitated, so they can be exploited and controlled. but republicans are the racists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-23-2020 at 07:33 PM..
Old 09-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps one night police will knock on your door then kick it in
As a law abiding citizen, would you hear them say police or be awakened by them busting down your door?
Just what would your reaction be to an unknown intruder kicking in your door?
You didn’t hear them say police, tough #^&#^&#^&#^&, you’re dead or committing a crime.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps one night police will knock on your door then kick it in
As a law abiding citizen, would you hear them say police or be awakened by them busting down your door?
Just what would your reaction be to an unknown intruder kicking in your door?
You didn’t hear them say police, tough #^&#^&#^&#^&, you’re dead or committing a crime.
the announced themselves, entered lawfully, and were shot at.

tell us what i said, which is wrong.

a neighbor testified that they announced themselves. what are they supposed to do, send emails to drug dealers, asking them to turn themselves in?

i’m not a drug dealer. i don’t expect cops to bust down my door.

not every tragedy involves a crime. they were obviously allowed to return fire in that situation.

what should the cops have done, when after announcing themselves, one was shot, severing the artery in his leg?
Old 09-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the announced themselves, entered lawfully, and were shot at.

tell us what i said, which is wrong.

a neighbor testified that they announced themselves. what are they supposed to do, send emails to drug dealers, asking them to turn themselves in?
If they did that at my house and I didn’t hear them, they’d be dead
And claiming it’s my responsibility
Welcome to the police state

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
If they did that at my house and I didn’t hear them, they’d be dead
And claiming it’s my responsibility
Welcome to the police state
fine, you’d kill them all dirty harry.

you can’t answer a simple question here on this board, you’re too scared! tell me
more, Jason Bourne.

if they lawfully entered
my house, i didn’t hear them and fired, if they killed
me....i’d like to think my family is entitled to a huge settlement ( which her family received) but my death doesn’t mean there was a crime.

the guy who is too chicken to answer a question on his keyboard, is going to gun down rogue cops.

Mm-hmm.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
fine, you’d kill them all dirty harry.

you can’t answer a simple question here on this board, you’re too scared! tell me
more, Jason Bourne.

if they lawfully entered
my house, i didn’t hear them and fired, if they killed
me....i’d like to think my family is entitled to a huge settlement ( which her family received) but my death doesn’t mean there was a crime.

the guy who is too chicken to answer a question on his keyboard, is going to gun down rogue cops.

Mm-hmm.
You’re pretty clueless about who I am and not much of a man.
But that’s right in line with your hero, Tweety

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #8
Jim in CT

reports of a cop shot during riots in louiseville. i bet everything i have, the shooter believes that it was a no knock warrant and that cops came in, guns blazing.

the entire democratic party, has adapted al sharptons playbook. chapter and verse. they don’t care about the blood on their hands.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

While you’re blatting like a victim about some possible wrong Cindy McCains endorsement of Biden is not just “another republican”.
Her late husband was BarackObama’s opponent.
Keep believing in the carnival clown, he’s barking

Can you envision Melania Trump publicly endorsing the democratic candidate in the next Presidential election?
Old 09-23-2020, 08:43 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
While you’re blatting like a victim about some possible wrong Cindy McCains endorsement of Biden is not just “another republican”.
Her late husband was BarackObama’s opponent.
Keep believing in the carnival clown, he’s barking

Can you envision Melania Trump publicly endorsing the democratic candidate in the next Presidential election?
it’s a very meaningful
endorsement.

i’m not a victim. blacks are being victimized.

my question which you will
dodge. what evidence is there, that race had any role in this event.

you’re a pussy and a bore.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it’s a very meaningful
endorsement.

i’m not a victim. blacks are being victimized.

my question which you will
dodge. what evidence is there, that race had any role in this event.

you’re a pussy and a bore.
Say it to my face, anytime anyplace
Little man

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 08:56 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Little man
pete, you can’t answer a question i ask. maybe start there.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Little man
the guy who can’t bring himself to
answer a question, is suddenly a tough guy.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:12 PM   #14
Jim in CT

two cops now shot in louiseville, because the left pushed a narrative they knew was false.

we know it wasn’t a no knock warrant. we know they identified themselves. we know the guy in the apartment shot first.

we know all that. yet cnn and msnbc are saying she was killed, and the cops not charged with murder, because she was black.

“enemy of the people” isnt far off. two cops shot for absolutely no reason, other than the rioters were manipulated by the left. the worse things get before november, the better their chances of winning elections. who cares what the carnage is, in the wake of riots based on a liberal lie.

it’s satanic.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-23-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-24-2020, 01:16 AM   #15
wdmso

Wasn't charged with murder stating it was justified because the boyfriend fired 1st who isn't dead. But was charged with. wanton endangerment if they commit an act that shows "an extreme indifference to the value of human life". The lowest charge possible

The officers fired over 20 shots. Taylor was shot five times, according to her death certificate

Wow ok killing her but bad boy for shooting with out regard. Pathetic

Your a joke with your But I am a good catholic BS . And are the poster child of who and find police behaviors acceptable

I've said this before and il. Say it again or military has greater restraint than police in America

And those officer shot shouldn't have ever been in the situation they weren't shot because who they were they were shot because what the uniform represents which should not be ...

But what also shouldn't be is this obedience and unflinching support of police who make bad choices. But why expect anything less you cant even hold the POTUS to any standard

Jim your the only one pusinga false narrative.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
the officers did not execute a no-knock warrant. even i thought they did, because everyone was saying it.

according to what the cops said, and corroborated by people
living in the apartment building, the cops yelled “police” first, then knocked. upon entering, taylor’s boyfriend ( a drug dealer for whom the warrant was granted) shot one of the cops. he admits he fired first.

tragedy? absolutely. Murder? not even close. not even close.

almost everything i heard about this case in the media was a lie. a politically convenient lie.
Please fact check yourself before posting Jim.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:49 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But what also shouldn't be is this obedience and unflinching support of police who make bad choices. :
nobody is is supporting cops that make bad choices, in nearly every one of these instance it's people, not the cops, that make/made the bad choices that led to their outcomes and that 's who would/should be held accountable, you keep ignoring that part and just reflexively blame the cops
Old 09-24-2020, 05:53 AM   #18
Jim in CT

wdmso, yes the boyfriend fired first ( which may have been justified if he didn’t hear them announce themselves), and he’s not the one who died. the innocent woman did.

wayne, if the cops are being shot at and they return fire, do you think they should go to jail if they accidentally shoot and kill an innocent bystander by accident?

this is policework. sometimes it’s dangerous and chaotic. it’s not an exact science, and even olympic marksman, shooting in easy circumstances, miss sometimes.

it’s a tragedy. it’s not necessarily a crime, and obviously not murder.

please answer my question - should cops go to prison if they return fire but miss? do you really believe that?
Old 09-24-2020, 05:55 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Please fact check yourself before posting Jim.
tell me which fact i got wrong for once.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:57 AM   #20
Jim in CT

wdmso, i don’t always believe cops. you’re making stuff up. i’m talking about this case. this specific case.

the media and prominent liberals caused these riots. they caused those cops to be shot. they’re using the mob to help biden win. they don’t care about the carnage and destruction in their wake.

another key question - what evidence is there, that race played any role whatsoever?

not every tragedy is a crime. and you judge each case on the facts of that case. whatever happened in other cases, means nothing.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:59 AM   #21
Jim in CT

and i’d be very curious to know what the liberals here think, of the entire media spinning this for
months, as a no knock entry, where
cops went in guns blazing because the occupants were black.

i never, not once, heard anyone in the media say the cops announced themselves, nor did i ever, not once, hear the media say the cops were shot at first, hitting one in the leg, severing his artery.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #22
PaulS

Quote:

i never, not once, heard anyone in the media say the cops announced themselves, nor did i ever, not once, hear the media say the cops were shot at first, hitting one in the leg, severing his artery.
Either you don't know the facts or you're intentionally lying.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
in every one of these cases the left and media has lied and mischaracterized the facts to fuel the mobs rage
Old 09-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Almost no one knew those facts. If they did, they'd feel no reason to riot.

Paul, the truth no longer matters. Just The Narrative.

ANY sane person could only conclude that her death is the fault of the guy she was with.

Facts don't matter, only The Narrative.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Almost no one knew those facts. If they did, they'd feel no reason to riot.

The facts are they entered her house and a gun fight started. Of the dozen of neighbors interviewed one said he heard the police yell bf busting the door down. Why were they entering her house? Her ex boyfriend didn't live there. The police claimed in the app. for the warrant that the ex boyfriend left her apartment about two months before with a USPS package so they assumed it was drugs. The cop then said they verified with the USPS that the ex boyfriend had been receiving packages at Taylor's house - the USPS said that is not true. I believe the new boyfriend called 911 and said someone is invading my house. Her death is the fault of crappy police work.

The bigger problem is that hardly any police are ever prosecuted. If some where then people would have more confidence that justice was being carried out.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:59 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
The facts are they entered her house and a gun fight started. Of the dozen of neighbors interviewed one said he heard the police yell bf busting the door down. Why were they entering her house? Her ex boyfriend didn't live there. The police claimed in the app. for the warrant that the ex boyfriend left her apartment about two months before with a USPS package so they assumed it was drugs. The cop then said they verified with the USPS that the ex boyfriend had been receiving packages at Taylor's house - the USPS said that is not true. I believe the new boyfriend called 911 and said someone is invading my house. Her death is the fault of crappy police work.

The bigger problem is that hardly any police are ever prosecuted. If some where then people would have more confidence that justice was being carried out.
wow...that's some impressive command of the facts
Old 09-24-2020, 08:04 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

You left out some facts, and by a stunning coincidence, those omissions serve your narrative.

The cops announced themselves before entering (according to neighbors who heard them), and the guy in the apartment shot first. Even he says he shot first.

Did THOSE cops who entered, are they the ones who got the warrant?

She died because the guy she was with, shot first. Maybe he didn 't hear them identify themselves, which compounds the tragedy.

Paul, I'll ask you, where is the evidence that race played any role?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wow...that's some impressive command of the facts
Very impressive. And note that what he chose to include and exclude, all helps serve The Narrative.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #29
scottw

Andy McCarthy laid it out pretty clearly in his article this morning...

"Much of what we’ve been told about the case turns out not to be true — another “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” urban legend of police brutality. Most prominently, Attorney General Cameron explained that the police did not execute a “no knock” warrant before entering Ms. Taylor’s apartment. They knocked and announced themselves as police before forcing entry shortly after midnight.

How they came to be at Ms. Taylor’s home, with a search warrant based on probable cause that evidence of narcotics crimes would be found, is the part of the story the social-justice warriors would have us omit. It needs telling.

When she was killed, Breonna Taylor was 26, a hospital emergency-room technician who hoped to become a nurse. But over the years, she had gotten involved with Glover, a 30-year-old twice-convicted drug dealer. Though never a targeted suspect, the New York Times reports that Ms. Taylor was entangled in the frequent police investigations of Glover. Taylor remained romantically involved with him though he had spent years in prison.

In fact, after they first became a couple in 2016, Taylor agreed to rent a car for Glover and, for her trouble, ended up interviewed in a murder investigation. A man was found shot to death behind the steering wheel of that car, and drugs were found in it. Glover was connected to the decedent through an associate but was not charged in the case.

In the years that followed, Glover was repeatedly arrested on drug charges, and Taylor arranged bail for him and one of his confederates on at least two occasions. Weeks before the fateful March 2020 raid, when Glover was in custody after yet another arrest, they were recorded exchanging intimacies on the phone. After that, police surveillance established that Glover continued to make regular trips to Taylor’s apartment, and Taylor herself was seen outside a house investigators say was part of the drug trafficking operations.

Glover and his coconspirators were said to be operating a series of “trap houses” for stashing illegal drugs — crack, marijuana, and prescription pills they were unauthorized to peddle. At the time of Glover’s arrest in late 2019, police observed narcotics pick-ups, had informant information describing crack sales, and executed search warrants that yielded crack, eight guns, and a surveillance system — commonly used by drug distribution organizations to defeat police detection.

After Glover was released on bail, surveillance placed his car at Ms. Taylor’s home, ten miles away, on six occasions over the next couple of months. Taylor’s car was seen in the vicinity of a trap house associated with Glover several times, and the Times reports she was photographed in front of that location in mid-February. Police also had evidence that Glover used Taylor’s address to receive parcels sent by mail. He was seen leaving her apartment carrying a package in mid-January. As of late February — just two weeks before the warrant was executed — Glover was listing her apartment as his home address according to various databases.

On the night police executed the warrant at Ms. Taylor’s apartment, they searched other locations associated with Glover’s drug operation. The Times recounts that police “found a table covered in drugs packaged for sale, including a plastic sachet containing cocaine and fentanyl.” Moreover, the paper adds:

In a series of calls hours after her death, as Mr. Glover tried to make bail, he told another woman that he had left about $14,000 with Ms. Taylor. “Bre been having all my money,” he claimed. The same afternoon, he also told an associate he had left money at Ms. Taylor’s home.

The lawyer for the Taylor family says no drugs or cash were found in Taylor’s apartment that night. A county prosecutor counters that the shootings curtailed the search. If that is true, it is irregular: The fact that a civilian was killed and a police officer wounded would argue for doing an even more thorough search than usual, not calling it off.

In any event, the Taylor family maintains that Breonna’s romantic relationship with Glover was then over, and she was deeply involved with her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker. They had met years earlier, when they were college students. He used to work at a Coca-Cola warehouse, and she had seen him on and off over the years, including while she was involved with Glover.

On March 13, after working, she met Walker for dinner, and they returned to her apartment, where they watched television and she went to sleep after midnight.

At about 12:40 a.m., the police, led by Mattingly and Cosgrove, knocked on the door and announced themselves as police. Taylor and Walker were startled out of their sleep. Walker, a licensed owner of a nine-millimeter Glock, says he did not know it was the police at the door and speculated that it might be Glover breaking in. For their part, the police expected that Ms. Taylor would be alone — they had not seen Walker enter the dwelling with her.

It was dark and there was a long hallway between the bedroom and the front door. There was screaming. Walker fired as Mattingly came through the door, striking him in the leg and severely wounding him. Mattingly and Cosgrove returned fire into the hallway in the general direction of where they believed the shooter was. When the smoke cleared, Walker was unharmed but Taylor had been struck six times. FBI ballistics experts eventually determined that Cosgrove fired the fatal shot."
Old 09-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
You left out some facts, and by a stunning coincidence, those omissions serve your narrative.

The cops announced themselves before entering (according to neighbors who heard them)As I said, 1 neighbor said he heard the cops and most of about a dozen said they didn't hear anything, and the guy in the apartment shot first. Even he says he shot first. BC he thought they were being invaded and he called 911 and said they were being invaded.
Did THOSE cops who entered, are they the ones who got the warrant?What difference would that make.

She died because the guy she was with, shot first[COLOR="red"BBC he thought they were being invaded as they were doing nothing wrong[/COLOR]. Maybe he didn 't hear them identify themselves, which compounds the tragedy.

Paul, I'll ask you, where is the evidence that race played any role?
Blacks feel that this happens disproportionally to Blacks and the cops are never prosecuted