Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, I've just read enough on the subject to have a good sense of what's sloppy or simply fabricated reporting versus what "appears" to have actually went down.

It "appears" that you think you've read just enough to have your "good sense" fabricate what you think "appears" to have actually went down. Especially when you're egotistical enough to believe that your ''good sense' is gooder than somebody else's "good sense."

I can provide links, you'll just dismiss them. You have to put your time in and read for yourself.
Those who live by links, die by links. If a reader's "good sense" likes Jusplugit's links better than yours, you lose the battle of links. But that's OK. Your superior egotistical "good sense" will always fabricate (in your own mind) the appearance that your links are winners.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-24-2016 at 02:03 PM..
Old 01-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Those who live by links, die by links. If a reader's "good sense" likes Jusplugit's links better than yours, you lose the battle of links. But that's OK. Your superior egotistical "good sense" will always fabricate the appearance that your links are winners.
And other opinions aren't formed by links?
Old 01-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
And other opinions aren't formed by links?
Yes, they can be, but your implication that your "good sense" is superior to others is offensive.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Yes, they can be, but your implication that your "good sense" is superior to others is offensive.
I never asserted I had better sense, I said I've done more homework.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
No, you didn't say that. And how do you know if you did more homework? And what, other than your sopposed "good sense" informs you that your homework is better than Justplugit's. Or that your links, which he asked for and you didn't give, were not more "appearance" than what actually "went down."

Your post was full of the implication that you somehow know better, have a better "sense." Similar to the previous post a little before this when you said: "The fundamental lack of understanding you guys have over this topic is most certainly mind boggling."

Your know better than the rest of us. Or so you think.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
No, you didn't say that. And how do you know if you did more homework? And what, other than your sopposed "good sense" informs you that your homework is better than Justplugit's. Or that your links, which he asked for and you didn't give, were not more "appearance" than what actually "went down."

Your post was full of the implication that you somehow know better, have a better "sense." Similar to the previous post a little before this when you said: "The fundamental lack of understanding you guys have over this topic is most certainly mind boggling."

Your know better than the rest of us. Or so you think.

There is an old adage Spence, that "Pride goes before the fall." I personally have
found that to be true and have seen many others fall hard from the same thing. Just sayin.
I asked very simple questions where we differ in the truth and facts. Being we are at different ends of the spectrum with this email thing I wondered where you got such 180 deg info. As bright and well read as you would have some believe, I thought it would be easy for you to show me your facts. But instead you throw it back on me that you are better read and versed than me. That's OK, I'll just assume you and Obama are cut from the same cloth and you know best. NOT.

Watch the Pride doesn't bite you in the arse.

Last edited by justplugit; 01-24-2016 at 09:55 PM..

" Choose Life "
Old 01-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
There is an old adage Spence, that "Pride goes before the fall." I personally have
found that to be true and have seen many others fall hard from the same thing. Just sayin.
Never
Old 01-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #8
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
See post 67 which I think pretty much sums up how you feel unless I am mistaken it seems you labeled me. I'll take it in here, and notice I kept my gloves on compared to other areas on this site where I feel insulting others is crossing a line.
How did you make out with the broken office chair by the way. I considered having you come to me and I would weld it for you but we don't really have that kind of relationship for lack of a better term. Besides if the weld fails I don't want you to try and hold me responsible for any injury.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
See post 67 which I think pretty much sums up how you feel unless I am mistaken it seems you labeled me. I'll take it in here, and notice I kept my gloves on compared to other areas on this site where I feel insulting others is crossing a line.
I don't think that was directed at you specifically. I'm not trying to label anyone, just calling things as I see them.

Quote:
How did you make out with the broken office chair by the way. I considered having you come to me and I would weld it for you but we don't really have that kind of relationship for lack of a better term. Besides if the weld fails I don't want you to try and hold me responsible for any injury.
I remembered a certain glass blower on this site has a welder and it's pretty good now. I hadn't even considered suing when it breaks...Nebe, how much insurance do you have?