Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 06-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
spence

Rush Clockwork Angles

If you're a fan the latest album is perhaps one of the best. I'd certainly put it in the top 5 and maybe even the top 3...playing Boston October 24th. Not bad for a bunch of almost 60 year old canucks.

Wow.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Slingah

As much as I was ready to dismiss this disc, I agree spence this is a brilliant return to the Rush sound I grew up with. While there are obvious references to old familiar pieces this still sounds fresh and relevant. Love it. Ive been listening to it non stop. Rush is back!

I went to see them do Moving Pictures @ the TD Garden last time through there and the sound was bad. Geddy's bass was almost inaudible. Wish they would play somewhere else, that place is hit or miss for sound. Usually a miss.

Live at Leeds
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
spence

We'll see. Only concert I've seen there was the Police and the sound was excellent. I have tickets in the right side Loge second close to the stage.

After a half dozen listens I'd say the playing on this album is remarkable.

-spence
Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Slingah

How was it spence? I'm dying to hear.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingah View Post
How was it spence? I'm dying to hear.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pretty good. This was my 12th or so show and the first time I've seen them in an arena since Roll the Bones!

I think I got a contact high walking from our car to the elevator under the Garden. I couldn't believe how full of smoke the entire parking garage was

Tickets were excellent. I didn't want to be on the floor and we ended up in the front of Loge 22 on Geddy's side at the same level as the stage.

Sound quality was good but not great.

Set list was interesting and sure to piss a lot of people off. Considering they've been doing all of 2112 and played all of Moving Pictures the last tour I think they wanted to give some more obscure stuff its due.

Most of the first set was from the Signals to Presto era. They kicked off with Subdivisions and the best rendition of Big Money I've ever heard them play.

Second set was dominated by Clockwork Angles and I thought the new material was excellent. Perhaps one of most bass guitar aggressive rock albums of all time.

Closed with Tom Sawyer and highlights from 2112.

Set list is here:

Rush Concert Setlist at TD Banknorth Garden, Boston on October 24, 2012 | setlist.fm

My only complaint from the show was the lack of Neil Peart. Sure he was there and his playing was spot on, but the stage configuration and his dense kit made it impossible to see that he was really playing. Usually they use the video screen to give the crowd a good view but for some reason they had little live video of Neil.

Worst was what they did with the drum solo. It was split into three parts and almost used as intro's to other songs. I'm not sure why they did this but it was a bad idea.

I believe they're all around 59/60 now and don't know how much they have left in the tank, but they rocked harder than just about anyone...really amazing when you think about it.

Here are some crappy Black Berry pics.

-spence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boston-20121024-00332.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	53439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boston-20121024-00328.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	53440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boston-20121024-00321.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	53441  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
spence

If you want a great recent concert experience get the Live in Cleveland Blue Ray and crank the sound. It's really excellent.

Or show up in Tiverton with a 12 pack and I can show off my new home theater

-spence
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Pretty good. This was my 12th or so show and the first time I've seen them in an arena since Roll the Bones!

I think I got a contact high walking from our car to the elevator under the Garden. I couldn't believe how full of smoke the entire parking garage was

Tickets were excellent. I didn't want to be on the floor and we ended up in the front of Loge 22 on Geddy's side at the same level as the stage.

Sound quality was good but not great.

Set list was interesting and sure to piss a lot of people off. Considering they've been doing all of 2112 and played all of Moving Pictures the last tour I think they wanted to give some more obscure stuff its due.

Most of the first set was from the Signals to Presto era. They kicked off with Subdivisions and the best rendition of Big Money I've ever heard them play.

Second set was dominated by Clockwork Angles and I thought the new material was excellent. Perhaps one of most bass guitar aggressive rock albums of all time.

Closed with Tom Sawyer and highlights from 2112.

Set list is here:

Rush Concert Setlist at TD Banknorth Garden, Boston on October 24, 2012 | setlist.fm

My only complaint from the show was the lack of Neil Peart. Sure he was there and his playing was spot on, but the stage configuration and his dense kit made it impossible to see that he was really playing. Usually they use the video screen to give the crowd a good view but for some reason they had little live video of Neil.

Worst was what they did with the drum solo. It was split into three parts and almost used as intro's to other songs. I'm not sure why they did this but it was a bad idea.

I believe they're all around 59/60 now and don't know how much they have left in the tank, but they rocked harder than just about anyone...really amazing when you think about it.

Here are some crappy Black Berry pics.

-spence
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If you want a great recent concert experience get the Live in Cleveland Blue Ray and crank the sound. It's really excellent.

Or show up in Tiverton with a 12 pack and I can show off my new home theater

-spence
thanks for the review spence, sounds like you enjoyed yourself...if you lived closer I'd like to see your new ht set up...
RUSH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Live at Leeds