Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #61
Flaptail

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
This thread is all apples and oranges...

apples is that scott called one out for posting a picture of a lure that the guy sells some where else.. I think thats wrong as the guy didnt mention anything about selling or being contacted to sell..

oranges is about personal responsibility. Those that do sell should post respectfully and those who dont should do the same..
I hadn't opened this thread until this morning. I thought "I need to read how the other guys do it cause I tried mixing (blending actually) colrs to get that soft old style Wonderbread like the old bombers and have failed miserably. Then I start to read the rest of this.

I come here to learn. I haven't leaned much lately (last 2 years actually). I do love Plugfest and it's basic premise. I do beleive a lot of builders in the commercial end do not give credit where credit is due, which, when I do bitch, is my main complaint and it gets me in mui caliente agua ( my spanish sucks as you can tell). If it looks like a duck , swims like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck, maybe your version is slightly different but it is still a duck.

I learn more now when I spend time in Numby's cellar or a day fishing with Tagger or listeneing to Prof M as he casts and talks to the bass on a calm flat in CC Bay at dawn then here.

Hours on the phone with TC or quiet talks with Stan Kuszia are what I live for now to make my plugbuilding better. I miss Bassmaster beleive it or not and those days when Mr. Pogie and others long gone from this forum posted regularly.

Leave yur egos at the door, share and learn and celebrate success when someone posts pics of what they have achieved in thier progress.

I wish I had never opened this to look at. The thrill is gone in building, no motivation here which is what I thrived on. Thank God for new Stratocasters. My plug building is suffering but my playing just gets bettter and better!

Why even try.........
Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #62
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail View Post
I thought "I need to read how the other guys do it cause I tried mixing (blending actually) colrs to get that soft old style Wonderbread like the old bombers and have failed miserably.
Start with a White Primer ...then hit with a light spray of red, yellow, and blue wherever you want the colors and in a pattern that you like. Then after that, fog over it with a pearl paint......sometimes two or three coats depending on how subdued you want the colors to show through.

Hope that helps....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #63
Nebe

Heres a great example of wonderbread in 3D..
http://www.wimp.com/laminarflow/
Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #64
Karl F

cool video nebe
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #65
Bay Stalker
Electrocutioner

Send a message via AIM to Bay Stalker
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
hey Bruce you want it public here it is! I sent you a pm because I didn't feel this belonged online. Since your a moderator and said post it here then hey why not I got NOTHING to hide.

Why should I or Bigfish or Afterhours pay to be a sponsor of this site when guys like Smitty, Sporty, Fishdoc, Charleston, Baystalker, and many many more continually post pictures on here when they're doing nothing but trolling for sales?

IT'S NOT FAIR to ANYONE who supports this site. The difference is I got the balls to say it publicly.

RANT OFF
Let me tell ya something Richard Cranium I have NEVER PM'ed or emailed anyone to by my plugs or to buy their plugs on this site or any other site. I have not even asked to trade with anyone. I post pics because I am proud of what I created. So For the last time LEAVE ME THE $#@% ALONE. If you have anything else to say to me do it in person.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #66
Karl F

i'll say it one more time..."Elvis has left the building"

if anybody needs that to feel they've won...

hey...congrats...you won...

i think the horse is dead now, no need to keep beating it...

and he does have an email off his website, if you want to continue...please do so there.... lets get this back to a plug building forum...PLEASE....

deep breaths, and unbunch the panties....
Old 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #67
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Well said back to the plug building

Domination takes full concentration..
Closed Thread