Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Nice try.

I would never say anything a President does is "Presidential" bc that person is the President. I wouldn't make that stupid statement.
nice dodge....answer the question

Quote:

Don't forget as we have heard numerous times here, no matter what he does it is Presidential bc he is the President.

can you provide a link to prove where anyone has ever stated this other than you......
Old 10-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
nice dodge....answer the question

Quote:

Don't forget as we have heard numerous times here, no matter what he does it is Presidential bc he is the President.

can you provide a link to prove where anyone has ever stated this other than you......
If the search function worked here it would be easy to do but I'm not going to waste my time. It is a lot easier to put up a link to showing exactly what Hunter did that is corrupt when you are claiming that then finding what a poster said here (multiple times).

Why didn't you ask him to back up his claim when I originally asked or are you just trying to be a #^&#^&#^&#^& now?
Old 10-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #63
Sea Dangles

Quote:
If the search function worked here it would be easy to do but I'm not going to waste my time. It is a lot easier to put up a link to showing exactly what Hunter did that is corrupt when you are claiming that then finding what a poster said here (multiple times).

Why didn't you ask him to back up his claim when I originally asked or are you just trying to be a #^&#^&#^&#^& now?
This is a great answer Paul. You failed to substantiate your claims so Scott is a #^&#^&#^&#^&.🤡
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #64
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This is a great answer Paul. You failed to substantiate your claims so Scott is a #^&#^&#^&#^&.��
He is being a #^&#^&#^&#^& today for asking me to do it only bc he knows I asked someone to post a link recently.

I certainly don't put him in your class of #^&#^&#^&#^&ness as we can see from your most recent round of posts.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #65
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oprah.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	66623  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #66
scottw

he still loves me
Old 10-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #67
Sea Dangles

Quote:
He is being a #^&#^&#^&#^& today for asking me to do it only bc he knows I asked someone to post a link recently.

I certainly don't put him in your class of #^&#^&#^&#^&ness as we can see from your most recent round of posts.
It’s great to have a #^&#^&#^&#^& expert on the board. Congrats .

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #68
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he still loves me
Some times you can be a little funny.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:01 PM   #69
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And tomorrow to Trump will come the holocaust brought by:
Wait, the WHPO said the ambassador who was appointed by Bush and rehired by Pompeo is a far-left radical? Amazing, probably drunk again.

I worry that this clown 🤡 will start a war.
He suggested it would be a viable re-election tactic before for desperate politicians so beware America.
Tweet 1: Nov. 29, 2011, a year before Obama’s re-election, Donald Trump tweeted: “In order to get elected, Barack Obama will start a war with Iran.” (He meant re-elected, translated Trumpspeak for you, though as his disease progresses it has become more difficult)
Tweet 2: Oct. 6, 2012, just a month before Election Day, Donald Trump tweeted: “Now that Obama’s numbers are in a tailspin [obviously wishful Trumpian thinking] watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.”
Tweet 3: Oct. 22, 2012, two weeks pre-election, Trump’s thumbs said: “Don’t let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected – be careful Republicans!”
This rant is supposed to be a reply to my pointing out that Trump did not misuse the word "lynching" and that blacks were not the only ones ever lynched?

It's hard to have a rational conversation with you.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:06 PM   #70
spence

Why does Dangles always swing back to a focus on #^&#^&#^&#^&s? Not sure if it’s just a hobby or an obsession.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
The concept of Congressional oversight over the executive branch is a long-established precedent in the United States, a practice that traces back to our British roots. As early as 1792, the House established a special committee to investigate certain executive branch actions, and Madison and four members of the Constitutional Convention voted for the inquiry, indicating they thought this was a core function of the Congress. In a 1927 Supreme Court decision, the Court found that “the power of the Congress to conduct investigations is inherent in the legislative process [and] that power is broad.” It has often been the Supreme Court that has required presidents who overstep their bounds to comply with Congressional mandates. When Richard Nixon refused to turn over his tapes during the Watergate crisis, the Supreme Court ordered him to do so, leading to his eventual resignation from office.

The Supreme Court has in fact ruled twice on the unitary executive theory, and both times rejected the concept. In Morrison v. Olson, decided in 1988, the Court majority decided that the special counsel statute did not violate the separation of powers. Justice Scalia, alone among the justices, issued a scathing dissent largely along the lines of the theory of the unitary executive. “Morrison shattered the claim that the vesting of ‘the executive power’ in a president under Article II of the Constitution created a hermetic unit free from the checks and balances apart from the community,” MacKenzie wrote in Absolute Power. In 2006, the Supreme Court again issued a stinging rebuke to executive overreach in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, a case that dealt with the use of military commissions to try terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. As Justice Breyer wrote for the majority, “The Court’s conclusion ultimately rests upon a single ground: Congress has not issued the Executive a ‘blank check’ to create military commissions,” and told the Bush Administration that they should seek Congressional approval, which they ultimately received.
This is supposed to be an answer to my question if there was "a law against improper motives? A law against faithlesly discharging his responsibilities?" You haven't cited any such law in your response here.

As far as Congressional oversight goes, Congress has the choice to use it. If Congress doesn't invoke it, presumably it has not considered that the President "acted in an improper or faithless way." And Congress represents the will of the people. It is given the seat of power by the vote of the People. And so, yes, as Barr says, if a current Congress does not invoke its oversight in the way the People wish, they can elect an new Congress that will.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-23-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #72
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why does Dangles always swing back to a focus on #^&#^&#^&#^&s? Not sure if it’s just a hobby or an obsession.
I understand your curiosity Jeff,be proud.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #73
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Anything beyond a sentence is hard for him, substance isn’t his strong suit, but if you need a juvenile insult he’s your man.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:19 AM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is supposed to be an answer to my question if there was "a law against improper motives? A law against faithlesly discharging his responsibilities?" You haven't cited any such law in your response here.

As far as Congressional oversight goes, Congress has the choice to use it. If Congress doesn't invoke it, presumably it has not considered that the President "acted in an improper or faithless way." And Congress represents the will of the people. It is given the seat of power by the vote of the People. And so, yes, as Barr says, if a current Congress does not invoke its oversight in the way the People wish, they can elect an new Congress that will.
Keep snorting it
Trump is toast

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-24-2019, 12:38 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

TWELVE of the Republicans who protested are actually on the committees doing the impeachment investigation so they could already get in the SCIF and have been in the depositions already
Old 10-24-2019, 07:16 AM   #76
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
TWELVE of the Republicans who protested are actually on the committees doing the impeachment investigation so they could already get in the SCIF and have been in the depositions already
Was all a show for Trump, media coverage to distract and the base.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #77
PaulS

Quote:
And they have nothing of substance to say about the issue - only about the process.

Supposedly the R's check in the morning and then leave the meetings. The majority of them are not staying to ask questions or listen.