Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Fly Rod

Ground Zero Mosque, AKA Park 51

The ground zero mosque, called Park 51, has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds from the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation. The Corporation, set up to rebuild lower Manhattan after 9-11 is actively considering the grant request. Imagine! A federal entity set up to rebuild lower Manhattan giving tax money to a mosque designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!
The ground zero mosque will offer courses in Shariah Law and will doubtless spawn hundreds of new terrorists eager to pick up where the 9-11 hijackers left off.
Officially, the federal funds would not go to religious activities, but to “fund social service programs for all the residents of Lower Manhattan such as domestic violence prevention, Arabic and other foreign language classes, programs and services for homeless veterans, two multi-cultural art exhibits and immigration services,” according to its grant application.

What ever happened to separation of church & state?

FEDERAL FUNDS FOR GROUND ZERO MOSQUE??? #^&#^&#^&#^& MORRIS TV: LUNCH ALERT! at #^&#^&#^&#^&Morris.com
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
A federal entity set up to rebuild lower Manhattan giving tax money to a mosque designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!
I'm sorry I have to ask this, but if you believe what you're posting, are you high or just #^&#^&#^&#^&ing dumb?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
I'm sorry I have to ask this, but if you believe what you're posting, are you high or just #^&#^&#^&#^&ing dumb?
Open your eyes.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Open your eyes.
You need to cease the xenophobic cranium anal insertion syndrome and stop listening to retards that prey on people like you to listen to their BS.

You'd fit right in in Western PA. Plenty of land for sale. Enjoy.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
spence

I thought ignorance was bliss?

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #6
buckman

Quote:
You need to cease the xenophobic cranium anal insertion syndrome and stop listening to retards that prey on people like you to listen to their BS.

You'd fit right in in Western PA. Plenty of land for sale. Enjoy.
Your head would freaking explode if Federal funds were being used to build a Catholic church. STFU
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #7
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Your head would freaking explode if Federal funds were being used to build a Catholic church. STFU

In January 2001, President Bush created, via Executive Order, the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Since then, Centers for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives were established at five federal agencies, assistance and guidebooks were provided to religious groups to help them to apply for federal funds, and websites were created for speedy access to applications.

DERP DERP PFFFTTHTUYTHT DERP

Billion dollars+ goes from the gov to religion per year.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #8
Raven

Quote:
Your head would freaking explode
i hate when that happens............
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

In January 2001, President Bush created, via Executive Order, the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

DERP DERP PFFFTTHTUYTHT DERP

derp?http://usliberals.about.com/od/faithinpubliclife/a/Funds_Faith2.htm

Billion dollars+ goes from the gov to religion per year.
to build churches, mosques and synagogues?

"Should faith-based organizations be permitted by law to compete to administer government programs on the same basis as all other nonprofit organizations?"

The order also directs federal agencies they can no longer refuse to pay private contractors who display religious icons, such as crosses or menorahs on their jobs sites."If a charity is helping the needy, it should not matter if there is a rabbi on the board, or a cross or a crescent on the wall, or a religious commitment in the charter," said Bush.

The order also directs the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to revise its policy on emergency relief so that religious nonprofit groups can qualify for assistance after disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes.

The order does, however, restate existing government policy preventing religious organizations using federal funds from preaching, or "proselytizing" a particular faith, worshiping or providing religious instruction.
this Mosque project is going the way of all Obama backed projects...

August 7, 2011
New Strategy For Ground Zero Mosque
By JanSuzanne Krasner

The Park51 project for a 15-story mosque/community center at Ground Zero, led by developer Sharif El-Gamal and Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, has dwindled down to a much smaller vision, a four or five-story 'PrayerSpace' and community center. This may be a far cry from their original plan, but many are bewildered as to why they are still moving ahead with any planned mosque at this site, given the tremendous negative opinion most Americans have of its location.

Sharif El-Gamal believes in his vision and he is committed to its location at Ground Zero. He admits that the introduction of his idea to the general public was "backwards" and now he is "going back to basics." He believes that he is acquiescing to the community's desire for the building not to tower over Ground Zero and states: "If the community only wants four or five floors, it's going to be four or five floors." This new shorter version will still require El-Gamal to raise about $10 million. He believes that depending on the community board's recommendations could take as much as five years before there are any changes to the Burlington Coat Factory building site.

Meanwhile, in spite of El-Gamal's insistence that he'd like to work with the community, the chairperson of the Community Board, Julie Menin, said that he has not responded to several of her requests to meet to discuss the plans that they would like to see implemented at 45-51 Park Place. Although the community board is not as interested in the blueprints of the building, they do want to have input into the public activities the center will offer. Menin commented: "A tremendous number of young families need services, like classes, recreation and athletic centers."

Since El-Gamal's purchase of this property last year (for $4.85 million in cash) this unpopular and contentious project has undergone several important developments as a result of pressure from the neighborhood community and the American public. El-Gamal has had trouble raising the necessary $150 million to build the original planned Park51, previously known as the 'Cordoba House' Mosque/Community Center at the site that is only two blocks from Ground Zero.

Back in early January, 2011 Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf and El-Gamal cut off their business ties. Rauf had taken on a greater quest, that of launching a global movement to fight misunderstanding of Islam and improve relations between people of different faiths and cultures. By late January the Park51 Group selected NYC Imam Abdullah Adhami as its senior advisor and one of several Imams who would eventually be picked to coordinate religious services in the mosque.

Americans have been able to witness the slow unraveling of a cover up by the Park51 Group to hide the radical intent of their planned Mosque. Feisal Abdul Rauf, the son of a contemporary of* the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, claims to be a moderate. Through the hard work of Pamela Geller's organization 'Stop Islamitization of America' (SIOA), and other investigative journalists, Feisal was exposed for what he truly is, a Islamic extremist and NJ slum landlord. So off he went on greater conquests.

Then the non-profit Park51 Group selected Imam Adhami, a NYC Imam who was then heard in one of his sermons to call for 'Sharia Law;' who posted his opinion on a website that people with "homosexual feelings are the result of some form of violent emotional or sexual abuse at some point in their life;" and who was also proven to have links to Anti-American Imam Al-Hajj Talib Abdur-Rashid and terror supporter Imam Siraj Wahhaj. By early February Adhami quit.

10 million...so he only wants the tax payers to pay for half

Last edited by scottw; 09-01-2011 at 06:28 AM..
Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I thought ignorance was bliss?

-spence
speaking of ignorant bliss....aren't you going to chastise Lickwid for the constant use of "retard"?...didn't you have to check with your wife a while back who "works with the handicapped" to see if she and the handicapped community took offense when I baited you with "terd" and you couldn't wait to jump ugly?.....I guess with racism, offensive language, name calling and such...it's just fine as long as you are on the "right" side of the argument...I think there's a word for that but we'll just call it selective hearing
Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #11
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
speaking of ignorant bliss....aren't you going to chastise Lickwid for the constant use of "retard"?...didn't you have to check with your wife a while back who "works with the handicapped" to see if she and the handicapped community took offense when I baited you with "terd" and you couldn't wait to jump ugly?.....I guess with racism, offensive language, name calling and such...it's just fine as long as you are on the "right" side of the argument...I think there's a word for that but we'll just call it selective hearing
For instance...It's alright to trash Christians but don't you dare say anything bad about Islam.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #12
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:

10 million...so he only wants the tax payers to pay for half
If bobby has to find 10 apples for his dad to give him 5 more, what percentage is his dad going to give him?

Or is that too complex of math for you?

Churches can also apply for grants under 501c3 just like any non-profit organization.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
If bobby has to find 10 apples for his dad to give him 5 more, what percentage is his dad going to give him?

Or is that too complex of math for you?

Churches can also apply for grants under 501c3 just like any non-profit organization.
last time I checked 5 is half of 10

This new shorter version will still require El-Gamal to raise about $10 million

has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #14
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
last time I checked 5 is half of 10

This new shorter version will still require El-Gamal to raise about $10 million

has applied for a $5 million grant of federal funds
raise ten million AND apply for 5 million in grants.

derp derp a derp durrrr

timmah? is that you? TIMMAAAH

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
raise ten million AND apply for 5 million in grants.

derp derp a derp durrrr

timmah? is that you? TIMMAAAH
ohhhh...I see....this is Obama math...he needs 10 million to build the thing....he will need to raise the 10 million AND he's going to apply for 5 million in federal grant too..... for a total of 15 million......which is 5 million more than he actually needs but who cares when it's Obama Money

seems to make more sense that he's applying for 5 million so he only needs to come up with "raise" 5 million for the total of 10 million needed....but you never know

should ANY Federal Funding be used to build this thing?

Last edited by scottw; 09-01-2011 at 07:00 AM..
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

It also said Applied, right?
As in, not awarded, right?

I can apply for a grant to study rectal-cranium inversion of internet forum contribuitors, but it doesn't mean I will get the money....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Whatch the week long Nat Geo series on 9/11.

How soon we forget.

Then come back and see if you still feel the same way
about wether the Mosque application should even
be opened.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
I didn't even read his entire post...don't have time like that very often any more.

Lik, don't call people tards. It makes you sound like ScottW and is very unappealing.

Additionally, in regard to all of these comments about federal funding and religion...don't we already give tax exempt status to churches?

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #19
scottw

Quote:
I didn't even read his entire post...don't have time like that very often any more. selective comprehension too
Lik, don't call people tards. It makes you sound like ScottW and is very unappealing. please...noone rolls out the insults quicker than you do ya phony prick

Additionally, in regard to all of these comments about federal funding and religion...don't we already give tax exempt status to churches?

-spence
what does tax exempt status have to do with seeking federal funding and whether or not it should be used for the construction of a mosque at ground zero?

wait....think like a liberal.....churches recieve tax exempt status sooooo...thaaaat is money that the government is not getting which is actually a budget cut for the government so the churches are actually...through their tax exempt status ...getting money from the government?????
Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
what does tax exempt status have to do with seeking federal funding and whether or not it should be used for the construction of a mosque at ground zero?

wait....think like a liberal.....churches recieve tax exempt status sooooo...thaaaat is money that the government is not getting which is actually a budget cut for the government so the churches are actually...through their tax exempt status ...getting money from the government?????
We're running a deficit, all tax cuts must be funded somehow.

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
We're running a deficit, all tax cuts must be funded somehow.

-spence
I knew it.......
Old 09-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
I knew it.......
I think it's time Father passed the plate back around to the Federal Government. Or let the IRS audit from the pulpit as to who's been sneaking some politics into that sermon

-spence
Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:
I think it's time Father passed the plate back around to the Federal Government. -spence
you mean "FEDERAL FAMILY"......that's the term that the nanny state libs are using now...maybe you missed the memo

maybe we could just start with collecting the back taxes that Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway owe? back to 2002?

Last edited by scottw; 09-01-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

What ever happened to the Seperation of Church and State? I think that little axiom covers it.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #25
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

That's how it all starts, from "It takes a Village" to a
"Federal Family" then to the end game becoming a World Family
run by a world government.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #26
PaulS

Does anyone know how the mosque was "designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!"?????

As an aside, my good friend was notified on the day they got Osama that her brother's remains were identified. There actually was quite a lot of them.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #27
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Does anyone know how the mosque was "designed to celebrate the attacks that killed 3,000 Americans!"?????
They were wearing tin foil.

What the above opposition wants them to build:

What they're actually planning on building:

The resemblance is uncanny.

Last edited by likwid; 09-02-2011 at 10:45 AM..

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Dude, it's a mosque.

-spence
Old 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #29
buckman

Quote:
They were wearing tin foil.

What the above opposition wants them to build:

What they're actually planning on building:

The resemblance is uncanny.
WTF is that??? What's with all the sniper holes?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
scottw

Quote:
WTF is that??? What's with all the sniper holes?
it's actually supposed to represent broken glass....Kristallnacht....look it up