Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-17-2005, 07:05 PM   #31
hunan

Hello it's Erin, thank you guys for all the suggestions. Looks like I have some research to get to. Keep up the good work. I almost forgot... don't worry he'll get his cake and fishing too! Thanks again

no signature required.
hunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

First off, couple things to keep in mind - I was at F.P.R a few weeks back and there was a beach wedding going on up near the main parking lot off E.B. About 100+, many people parking in the lot. The biggest problem I noticed were older folks walking in the sofffffftttttt sand. I offered one lady in her mid 70's a lift to the parking lot proper so she would not need to walk - something to keep in mind if you have older or mobilitiy limited people. Brenton Point could be a good alternative, or Beaver Tail or the previously mentioned westerly - just make sure you have mobility covered...

Getting married at the beach is cool (and tough when you see fish busting) - I know, I did it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsod
My wife and I got married at Marconi Beach at the historic Marconi Wireless site there is an octagonal wooden platform high on the dune where you can see both Cape Cod Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. We limited the number of guests we invited to the actual ceremony. We had to get a permit from the National Seashore which was like 25 or maybe $50.00. This basically ensures no one else will be doing the same at the location of your choice. It was easy to obtain. There was a bus tour there just before the ceremony was to start but the photographer spoke to the bus driver and they made sure they were gone when the limo pulled up. All in all it was very cool. We had the reception at another location.

Jeff - my wife and I got married at the EXACT platform at Marconi too - June 3, 1999. Yes, great location, but fish can and do bust out there

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #33
seabass
umm,the juicy sweets!!!!!

Hunan, I've seen many weddings at Onset town beach, very beautiful. Congradulations and many special years and wonderful fishing stories!

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
seabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:14 PM   #34
hunan

thanks seabass, and to all of you guys. i'm sure we'll find a place within the above mentioned locations. if not, there's always the year after. don't let her know i wrote that, o.k.

no signature required.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #35
jeffsod

Quote:
Jeff - my wife and I got married at the EXACT platform at Marconi too - June 3, 1999. Yes, great location, but fish can and do bust out there
Great minds think alike

We tossed around a few different ideas for beach locations and the Marconi site was my first choice on the list (second to Hawaii but eloping wasn't an option). I would say that having the board walk up to the platform made it easier too. The photos taken near the cliff after the ceremony are awesome. I could not have been happier with the location and how everything worked out.

We weren't far behind you in timing either. I wanted to do 9/9/99 but it was a Thursday. I figured I could never forget my anniversary that way.

The other thing you need to think about is Music. No outlets on the beach. We hired a guy from Brewster who played a number of instruments and he was good. The wind can be a factor so be prepared to have whoever is doing the ceremony stand up wind of everyone so the people in the back can hear. Prevailing summer winds are southwest but I would be prepared to switch the angle based on the weather forecast and if it's like this past weekend get a bull horn
jeffsod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #36
Clammer

Hunan //
I promise ====== I won,t tell her when I see her Friday nite

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #37
hunan

Too late Clammer, he's already caught. Maybe you can give him a warning before I get home from work.

no signature required.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #38
Clammer

ARHHHHHHHHHHH S hit

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 10-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #39
hunan

uh oh! alright, which one of you gave her my password? hey clammer, she told me her girl's night out was this sat. do you have the day wrong or do i get 2 nights off?

no signature required.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:32 PM   #40
Clammer

Hunan She,s just teelin ya that // it starts already

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 10-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #41
hunan

as long as it's only fish i'm catching then it's all good!

no signature required.