Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Conrads/Slopeheads

Well, I think I figured out why almost no one makes Conrads or Slopeheads. I decided, after seeing all the heartache that people have gone through trying make Conrads without success that I would figure it out. So I did a lot of research and tweaking and after a short bout of the "WTF's" I got a Sr. Slopehead to swim beatifully, however the plug weighs a hair over 6-ounces and while it has a really nice wiggle to it, I can't think of too many places where I could effectively fish this plug! The thing swims down all of 20-plus feet on a normal length cast and if you bounch bottom, you can't stop and allow to float away from the bottom becasue the lure sinks. I have no pics right now, I will be making a short run of them and I will post pics when I get them painted.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried these lures and had the same findings.

-Dave

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote