Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
Sea Dangles

Double standard

The left wants us to believe that a teen boy wearing a MAGA hat is looking for trouble. They say it’s not the hat but what it represents.... if the right discriminated based on hats they would be vilified. 👳🏾#^&♂️

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-30-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
Cool Beans

There is no double standard...

MAGA hats worn by clean cut white Christian boys are racist....

Hoodies worn by black teens with the hood up indoors to conceal their face is not racist....

Left if right....... Right is wrong.....

Guns are evil..... Abortions are righteous ....

Drug addicts are victims..... The Wall won't stop drugs....

Spence and Pete represent 90% of America...... We are whackos that represent less than 10% of America...

Trump is judged on stupid crap he says and not on his deeds or policies.

I am sick and tired of all this crap.... Polling is always BS as they poll to get the answer they want.... I am tired of the media and the left telling me how "I" think and what "America thinks"...
Old 01-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The left wants us to believe that a teen boy wearing a MAGA hat is looking for trouble. They say it’s not the hat but what it represents.... if the right discriminated based on hats they would be vilified. 👳🏾#^&♂️
Maybe they should wear MAGA Hijabs....make their friggin heads explode

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe they should wear MAGA Hijabs....make their friggin heads explode
Great idea!!!

I want to make MAGA hoodies..... since hoodies are not racist...
Old 01-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
wdmso

Guess the right had nothing to say about pink hats
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Nebe

Well. When making America great again involves exclusion, regression and hypocrisy based on the true values of the religion that you follow, I can’t blame the left for hating on the trumptards.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:25 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
They're Pussy hats....pink hats are what chicks wear at Fenway Park

Old 01-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Well. When making America great again involves exclusion, regression and hypocrisy based on the true values of the religion that you follow, I can’t blame the left for hating on the trumptards.
See comments like this are what piss me off the most.... Trumptards ... Fuk you too
Old 01-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

In Nebes defense, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& was a commonly used moniker here for quite some time
Old 01-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
See comments like this are what piss me off the most.... Trumptards ... Fuk you too
Anyone who has to wear a sily hat to help them feel like they belong to a group gets a tard label in my book. What makes it even more special is that the fascist beliefs of trump fans are pro nationalism and want to bring manufacturing home from over seas and yet the very symbol of this is their hat which is made in China along with Ivanka’s clothing line and Donald trumps clothing lines.
Such hypocrisy. And if you can’t see that, well........
Old 01-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #11
Nebe

That includes the pink pussyhat crowd too btw.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #12
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
In Nebes defense, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& was a commonly used moniker here for quite some time
Chronic #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&iomiosis of the brain
Old 01-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #13
Cool Beans

"fascist beliefs of trump fans" ?????

I am at a loss how far off you are in what you think Trump supporters believe..... So I am a fascist, racist, godless, hypocritical, trumptard that strongly resembles Hitler??? Wow .. I guess you have us all figured out....
Old 01-30-2019, 01:01 PM   #14
Nebe

Quote:
"fascist beliefs of trump fans" ?????

I am at a loss how far off you are in what you think Trump supporters believe..... So I am a fascist, racist, godless, hypocritical, trumptard that strongly resembles Hitler??? Wow .. I guess you have us all figured out....
You should look up the true definition of what fascism really is.

I didn’t say that I think ALL trump supporters are like this btw. And as far as you thinking I said that I think they are godless, you are mistaken. But feel free to keep on supporting separation of families at the border, because that is so caring.

My biggest beef is that the art of critical thinking is dead in this country. People can no longer read the news as facts and deduce their own opinions. Instead they are force fed opinions from the news entities that they identify with and absorb the talking heads opinions as their own. It’s actially quite pathetic.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #15
Nebe

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[14] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[14] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[15][16][17][18] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky (national economic self-sufficiency) through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[19]
Old 01-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:

My biggest beef is that the art of critical thinking is dead in this country.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #17
Cool Beans

Quote:
Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[14] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[14] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[15][16][17][18] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky (national economic self-sufficiency) through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[19]
WOW... that is exactly what Trump has stated he wants to do... it's almost word for word... Damn you do have us figured out.....

Again I am at a loss as to how you believe this... where have you ever heard a Trump supporter or Republican ever in any way say anything to make you think this way?

The vastness of your anus must be immeasurable, judging by the huge amount of pure B.S. that you pull out of it....

Maybe that Idaho potato guy on the tv commercial should check with you on where that semi hauling the giant potato is located......
Old 01-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Again I am at a loss as to how you believe this... ...
"critical thinking"...saw it on a bumper sticker
Old 01-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #19
DZ

I'm still amazed that anyone in this country can get so unglued over a friggin red hat!

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Don't worry, today a Trumplican called Ann Coulter........................................... ................................................A Democrat

She was also on Maher's show and came out with a great line: When Bill Maher asked Coulter over the weekend what “her first clue” had been that Trump was “a lying conman” she replied, “Okay, I’m a very stupid girl, fine.”

The best (and worst) thing about the cult of Trumpism is that any deviation from the officially prescribed adoration is cause for ostracism.
Trumpism cannot accept dissenting views from its supporters and will countenance no accountability for the dear leader.
What is good is what is Trump; and whatever Trump is, is by definition good.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #21
wdmso

I find it comical that after 2 years of Trump people still Think MAGA is just a benign slogan on a hat .. and those who wear one or support Trump . You can’t pick a choose what part of Trumps message you agree with and look the other way with the rest...

But some here are upset over a hat but Anything Russian the could give a dam

Talk about not putting America 1st
Old 01-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
We laughed at them. We didn't demonize those who wore them. A vagina hat, versus a hat that says make America great again?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #23
Nebe

Quote:
WOW... that is exactly what Trump has stated he wants to do... it's almost word for word... Damn you do have us figured out.....

Again I am at a loss as to how you believe this... where have you ever heard a Trump supporter or Republican ever in any way say anything to make you think this way?

The vastness of your anus must be immeasurable, judging by the huge amount of pure B.S. that you pull out of it....

Maybe that Idaho potato guy on the tv commercial should check with you on where that semi hauling the giant potato is located......
Im sorry your reading comprehension is sub standard.

Lets look at the part about violence being OK to support a feeling of nationalism.. now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

Trump loves dictators.

Trump loves protectionism ( trade tariffs)

Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power. If you support Trump, you may not be a fascist, but you approve of fascist politics. The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
But some here are upset over a hat but Anything Russian the could give a dam
I'm pretty sure the people that are upset about a hat are the same ones that are salivating over anything russian

Old 01-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Im sorry your reading comprehension is sub standard.

Lets look at the part about violence being OK to support a feeling of nationalism.. now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

Trump loves protectionism ( trade tariffs)

Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power. If you support Trump, you may not be a fascist, but you approve of fascist politics. The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again.
"now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

That was disgusting. But in reality, did it happen? Which side resorts to anarchy, to shut the other side up? Think back to all of the political riots in the US since the 1960s, and what % of those riots, do you think were started by republicans? Look what happens when a conservative attempts to speak on a college campus.

"Trump loves dictators"

But is he one? Would a dictator let MSNBC and CNN say the things they say about him, all day, every day?

"{Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power."

Huh?

He won an election. What does he do that's fascist? What kind of fascist lets people compare him to Hitler all day long?

"The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again"

Tell me what he's doing, that's a valid comparison to Nazi Germany? Where are the death camps and chlorine showers?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #26
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

That was disgusting. But in reality, did it happen? Which side resorts to anarchy, to shut the other side up? Think back to all of the political riots in the US since the 1960s, and what % of those riots, do you think were started by republicans? Look what happens when a conservative attempts to speak on a college campus.

"Trump loves dictators"

But is he one? Would a dictator let MSNBC and CNN say the things they say about him, all day, every day?

"{Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power."

Huh?

He won an election. What does he do that's fascist? What kind of fascist lets people compare him to Hitler all day long?

"The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again"

Tell me what he's doing, that's a valid comparison to Nazi Germany? Where are the death camps and chlorine showers?
As I said. Critical thinking is dead. You have this ability to see things as only 100% literal. Just as the climate change denier points outside to the snow and says that global warming is a joke because there is snow on the ground. In fact Trump just did this.

I think I am done here.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #27
Cool Beans

I think we are on an episode of Candid Camera Twilight Zone....
Old 01-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
As I said. Critical thinking is dead. You have this ability to see things as only 100% literal. Just as the climate change denier points outside to the snow and says that global warming is a joke because there is snow on the ground. In fact Trump just did this.

I think I am done here.
oh nice....insult everyone and leave
Old 01-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I'm still amazed that anyone in this country can get so unglued over a friggin red hat!
Is it really a "red hat" or is it what is on it and what some people think it represents?

I really have never heard what make America great again really means and when wasn't America great.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Is it really a "red hat" or is it what is on it and what some people think it represents?

I really have never heard what make America great again really means and when wasn't America great.
Is it what the hat actually represents (support for a populist president), or is it what the left wants America to believe it represents (today's version of a white hood)?

I don't think we were ever not great. It's funny, when Trump implies there was a time when it wasn't great, the left goes berserk. When Michelle Obama explicitly says she never felt pride in America until Barack got the nomination, that was OK.

But we can be better, and I think a return to a time when it was easier to be middle class, and to a time when we felt secure that our kids would have things easier than we do. That's how I see the MAGA slogan. I don't see anything sinister there.