Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #151
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
DON
So the con is DON being DON?
Old 12-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So the con is DON being DON?
Don the Con started his long con in the media around November 1, 1976 before most here were born. He was still Swedish then. He's no better at the truth now. And I think his fingers are still just as sticky.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #153
detbuch

Quote:
Don the Con started his long con in the media around November 1, 1976 before most here were born. He was still Swedish then. He's no better at the truth now. And I think his fingers are still just as sticky.
if it's OK for a boy to say he is a girl, I don't see a problem with someone claiming whatever ethnicity he chooses.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess I have to ask some aspect of this weekly.

Pls. show me some proof that "our side" - I guess you mean the Dems. "formed" Antifa.
So which side's political agenda was ANTIFA formed to advocate? Are they fighting for low taxes and school choice? It's a liberal advocacy group, Paul.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #155
PaulS

They're apolitical and criticized the Democrats many times
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #156
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if it's OK for a boy to say he is a girl, I don't see a problem with someone claiming whatever ethnicity he chooses.
Except perhaps Elizabeth Warren

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #157
detbuch

Quote:
If it's OK for a girl to say she's a boy, it's OK for Warren to say she is whatever she says she is. Apparently it has worked out for Warren's career for her to be a Cherokee. Guess, for you, it doesn't work for Trump to be a Swede.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #158
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you are correct if you read enough theses varying accounts they are what we call alternative facts ..

I will stick with what the Command sergeant major said in the Stars and stripes article
Ha, glad you know what fake news is. I will stick with what retired GENERAL Michael Flynn said... as well as soldiers involved in the effort to find him. Not to
Mention officers who told cnn that we suffered 8 additional casualties at combat outpost Keating due to resources dedicated to finding your hero.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #159
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Ha, glad you know what fake news is. I will stick with what retired GENERAL Michael Flynn said... as well as soldiers involved in the effort to find him. Not to
Mention officers who told cnn that we suffered 8 additional casualties at combat outpost Keating due to resources dedicated to finding your hero.
So to defend your case you’re citing a man convicted of multiple felonies who just got absolutely torched by a federal judge today in court even going to far as to question his patriotism and if he was a traitor.

You don’t need to respond, it all makes sense now.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So to defend your case you’re citing a man convicted of multiple felonies who just got absolutely torched by a federal judge today in court even going to far as to question his patriotism and if he was a traitor.

That same federal judge then said in open court, as did the prosecutors, that Flynn didn't commit treason, and the same judge said explicitly, that he wasn't implying Flynn did.

But since you feel that judges saying something automatically has credibility, how about the judge striking down Obamacare? That must be just as credible, right? Or else you're a partisan hypocrite?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If it's OK for a girl to say she's a boy, it's OK for Warren to say she is whatever she says she is. Apparently it has worked out for Warren's career for her to be a Cherokee. Guess, for you, it doesn't work for Trump to be a Swede.
Only because I’m part Swedish and it’s just more of his con, or should I say alternative facts

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #162
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That same federal judge then said in open court, as did the prosecutors, that Flynn didn't commit treason, and the same judge said explicitly, that he wasn't implying Flynn did.

But since you feel that judges saying something automatically has credibility, how about the judge striking down Obamacare? That must be just as credible, right? Or else you're a partisan hypocrite?
Flynn has pleaded guilty to very serious federal crimes. The judge who rules on the ACA has been ridiculed by both sides of the aisle. Once again you seek parity where there is none.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #163
detbuch

Quote:
Only because I’m part Swedish and it’s just more of his con, or should I say alternative facts
So you brought it up for a selfish reason. Let's see, you're a slick con artist and your selfish. You're special.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:46 AM   #164
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Jeff,if you read beyond that you would realize there are many others who substantiate this claim. I doubt any of us will ever know the real truth.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-19-2018, 05:05 AM   #165
wdmso

Quote:
So you can't accept the Truth ...

Soldiers die in combat for all kinds of reasons that's just the risk in combat we take when ever we go on patrol... I find it odd armchair generals now put a good death bad death scale into play..

FYI
One-Third Of US Casualties In Afghanistan And Iraq Were Non-Combat Accidents

An analysis of Department of Defense Trauma Registry data published in the medical journal JAMA Surgery found that 34.1% of total casualties and 11.5% percent of all deaths from January 2003 to December 2014 occurred in non-combat conditions.

also

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in a congressional hearing, “I have seen no evidence that directly links any American combat death to the rescue or finding or search of Sergeant Bergdahl.”

as we say #^&#^&#^&#^& happens
Old 12-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #166
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey, If she wants to say she's a girl, more power to her.

though she should have realized that pesky "X" chromosone would have come out during that DNA test anyways.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #167
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So you can't accept the Truth ...

Soldiers die in combat for all kinds of reasons that's just the risk in combat we take when ever we go on patrol... I find it odd armchair generals now put a good death bad death scale into play..

FYI
One-Third Of US Casualties In Afghanistan And Iraq Were Non-Combat Accidents

An analysis of Department of Defense Trauma Registry data published in the medical journal JAMA Surgery found that 34.1% of total casualties and 11.5% percent of all deaths from January 2003 to December 2014 occurred in non-combat conditions.

also

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in a congressional hearing, “I have seen no evidence that directly links any American combat death to the rescue or finding or search of Sergeant Bergdahl.”

as we say #^&#^&#^&#^& happens
Like I said, varying accounts and we can both believe what we choose. Regardless, bad deal.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
Flynn has pleaded guilty to very serious federal crimes. The judge who rules on the ACA has been ridiculed by both sides of the aisle. Once again you seek parity where there is none.
Liberal lawyer Alan Dershowitz has along piece today, spelling out how egregious it was for the judge you love, to accuse Flynn of treason.

So you say judges are credible, unless they are criticized by others, in which case their rulings are meaningless. Do you apply that logic consistently, or only when it serves your personal narrative?
Old 12-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #169
wdmso

Quote:
Like I said, varying accounts and we can both believe what we choose. Regardless, bad deal.

Agreed let’s move on