Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Pretty quiet

It’s pretty quiet in here this morning.
All you Liberal apologist busy getting on the busses to go make some Soros $$$ and take part in the protest/riots that are for sure coming all over the country 🤔
Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
wdmso

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers

9:03 AM - Oct 5, 2018
72.9K people are talking about this

you 2 must get your tin foil hats from from the same Store they only serve free thinkers
Old 10-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers

9:03 AM - Oct 5, 2018
72.9K people are talking about this

you 2 must get your tin foil hats from from the same Store they only serve free thinkers
Thanks for the public service. I don't have a twitter account. Don't follow it. Your occasional posting of Trump twitters is very entertaining. But I understand that he makes a lot more twitters than you post. Could you please post a lot more of them, maybe all of them . . . if you could. I enjoy them and would like to see them all.

Again, thank you for the service
Detbuch
Old 10-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
PaulS

Actually out making money to help support those conservative states which don't carry their own weight
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Me too Paul

Because my state does not seem to represent my views of smaller government and having to earn it as opposed to big government taking care of the sheep
Old 10-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

That is funny detbuch
Old 10-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Me too Paul

Because my state does not seem to represent my views of smaller government and having to earn it as opposed to big government taking care of the sheep
Which states more represent in your view?
Old 10-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Thanks for the public service. I don't have a twitter account. Don't follow it. Your occasional posting of Trump twitters is very entertaining. But I understand that he makes a lot more twitters than you post. Could you please post a lot more of them, maybe all of them . . . if you could. I enjoy them and would like to see them all.

Again, thank you for the service
Detbuch
you can sleep well now the the supreme court is filled .. but as someone else stated I doubt your dystopian view of the Government wont be silent for long .. PS you dont need a twitter account you just need to pay attention .... and entertaining is a sad way to describe this POTUS but for his base its all about the entertainment and the POTUS keep on promoting the conspiracy theory of the day
Old 10-06-2018, 08:27 AM   #9
Sea Dangles

Cry me a river,lefty pukes have sore butt holes.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #10
Nebe

I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means. You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to enterprete the word of the law or write new laws with ZERO BIAS.
I don’t think anyone here can say with a straight face that this guy will be non partisan in his decision making.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

Is that an opinion Eben or can you point to an example where this has been the case at some point in his past judgments? I can understand why you are distressed but this fear is based on speculation it seems.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means. You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to enterprete the word of the law or write new laws with ZERO BIAS.
I don’t think anyone here can say with a straight face that this guy will be non partisan in his decision making.
Are you saying that SCOTUS Justices are supposed to write new laws? How more biased can a judge get than actually creating law rather than merely applying current law? Creating law from the bench, as Progressive jurists do, is the very essence of judicial bias.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Is that an opinion Eben or can you point to an example where this has been the case at some point in his past judgments? I can understand why you are distressed but this fear is based on speculation it seems.
I’ve read anough about his history to believe he will act as a highly partisan justice. His remarks during the testimony confirmed this under oath. Take the Ford issue off the table and this alone makes him unfit to serve. Roberts hope of maintaining an independent and credible court is now gone.

I’d note it looks like the ABA is going to reconsider his qualification rating.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
keep on promoting the conspiracy theory of the day
https://www.build.com/cyan-design-03...07?uid=1389685

Old 10-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I’ve read anough about his history to believe he will act as a highly partisan justice. His remarks during the testimony confirmed this under oath. Take the Ford issue off the table and this alone makes him unfit to serve. Roberts hope of maintaining an independent and credible court is now gone.
Must be so.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #16
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I’d note it looks like the ABA is going to reconsider his qualification rating.
If his largest flaw is being candid about his political leanings then he should suit us fine. If you could be more specific about the alleged highly partisan examples then people would benefit from your sharing. Otherwise you sound like another butt hurt Libby.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If his largest flaw is being candid about his political leanings then he should suit us fine. If you could be more specific about the alleged highly partisan examples then people would benefit from your sharing. Otherwise you sound like another butt hurt Libby.
You can do your own homework. If you need an assignment like a seven year old we can go that route. You’re certianly acting like one of late.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Atta boyLet it all out
Old 10-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #19
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

You going to try to tell me Ruth Ginsberg is neutral ???
😜🤣
Old 10-06-2018, 06:56 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

VOTE your choice
Time will tell
Old 10-06-2018, 08:52 PM   #21
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Which states more represent in your view?
The ones that go along with the constitution and support everyone’s rights not just certain groups, the ones that have representatives who are looking out for the people and not just rich people who are able to line their pockets, the ones that reward hard work, actual work not some pencil pushing number crunching parasite s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the government tete. The states that can address real world problems as difficult issues arise and not kick the can down the road or create some committees to study it for a while(forever). The one that stand for civil liberties and rule of law and do not tolerate corruption.
The ones that do not legislate from the bench by flowing the three branches of government as the constitution calls for.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:11 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means.

You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to write new laws with ZERO BIAS.

Are you saying that SCOTUS Justices are supposed to write new laws?

there is some delicious irony there....
Old 10-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
The ones that go along with the constitution and support everyone’s rights not just certain groups, the ones that have representatives who are looking out for the people and not just rich people who are able to line their pockets, the ones that reward hard work, actual work not some pencil pushing number crunching parasite s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the government tete. The states that can address real world problems as difficult issues arise and not kick the can down the road or create some committees to study it for a while(forever). The one that stand for civil liberties and rule of law and do not tolerate corruption.
The ones that do not legislate from the bench by flowing the three branches of government as the constitution calls for.
all that and you didn't name one state that fit your list?
Old 10-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #24
Slipknot
Super Moderator

😀
That’s the point
I’m not going to do the research
I own my home here, not moving yet so not looking for conservative utopia that does not exist, YET
Old 10-08-2018, 07:21 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
😀
That’s the point
I’m not going to do the research
I own my home here, not moving yet so not looking for conservative utopia that does not exist, YET
fair answer .....

"conservative utopia that does not exist, YET" it will never exist nor will a liberal utopia ..
Old 10-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #26
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Kavanaugh has become the poster boy for sexual assault - even though it has not been proven.

Michael Brown was the poster boy for Hands Up Don't Shoot but it was proven in court that he did not raise his hinds in surrender screaming don't shoot. Even the DoJ reviewed the case and stated there was no evidence that happened.

Every one of you Old White Men, the Patriarchy, are the problem with all that is good in the world. Regardless of whether you do good or evil. Think about that.

Some of the left might be more correct than they think in this "Post Truth World".

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:

I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means.

You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to write new laws with ZERO BIAS.

Are you saying that SCOTUS Justices are supposed to write new laws?

there is some delicious irony there....

Last edited by JohnR; 10-08-2018 at 10:50 AM..

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #27
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
fair answer .....

"conservative utopia that does not exist, YET" it will never exist nor will a liberal utopia ..
Yep

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.