Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-11-2018, 06:36 AM   #31
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
seems fixing an issue and excusing an issue are somehow the same thing. in your view
you mean "Fixing" a Non-Issue, right?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I thought about it, but then I wouldn't have been true to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Love the both sides do it argument ... that justifies everything in a conservatives mind
No Wayne. The ability to inspect and look at an issue or a law / regulation, to then to see where and if the spirit or fact of law is broken, whom the offending persons are - regardless of party - should be an American mindset.

Is seeking justice against Repub infractions under every rock but condoning wrong doings by Dems a Progressive Mindset?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Here's why we should keep two senators in every state, whether it be CA or ND. Because that was the deal we made with the small states, in order to get them to buy into the creation of the republic. They saw, even back then, that in a pure democracy, rural areas would be dominated by urban areas whose interests were different. So to get the small states (colonies I guess) to agree to sign the constitution, they were offered a disproportionate voice in the senate and in the electoral college.

The reasons for that (preventing rural areas from being dominated by urban areas) are probably more prevalent today than they were back then. A deal is a deal, that was the deal that was made.

It wasn't that long ago the both senators from many small states were democrats. So instead of abolishing the electoral college, a better path for the democrats might be to either convince people in those small states that liberalism is superior to conservatism, or to come up with an agenda that's more acceptable to rural areas. Telling those people that they're all racist bitter clingers and deplorable, might not be the best way to win them over.

Liberals are in a mindset of "here's my ideology, and if it doesn't win the election, I'm going to destroy the system, because if I lose, it can only mean that the system is rigged, it cannot be that San Francisco liberalism just isn't what's best for everybody".
Old 10-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Is seeking justice against Repub infractions under every rock but condoning wrong doings by Dems a Progressive Mindset?
Obviously, yes.

WDMSO, we'd just like a little consistency in the application of rules and standards, that's all.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obviously, yes.

WDMSO, we'd just like a little consistency in the application of rules and standards, that's all.
You obviously don't have the "Reading Comprehension Skills", and/or the ability to apply the "Progressive Intellect",needed to put into "Context" the information that is the cornerstone of their arguments.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obviously, yes.

you can't expect consistency in the application of rules and standards when your side has no consistency in the application of rules and standards ...
Old 10-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

No Wayne. The ability to inspect and look at an issue or a law / regulation, to then to see where and if the spirit or fact of law is broken, whom the offending persons are - regardless of party - should be an American mindset.

Not looking under rock its all in the open
Old 10-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You obviously don't have the "Reading Comprehension Skills", and/or the ability to apply the "Progressive Intellect",needed to put into "Context" the information that is the cornerstone of their arguments.
i don’t have those skills, all right.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device