Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-27-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Redistribution of wealth for AFRICAN AMERICANS

YES HE DID SAY IT.

WTF does the supreme court redistributing wealth have to do with African Americans!

Better yet why would the supreme court get involved in the first place.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
YES HE DID SAY IT.
Say what? I listened to the entire thing, and other than wondering why the edits were so hard it seemed the context was clear. I didn't hear anything that terribly disturbing, and what Obama was stating didn't jibe with what the emphasised words were trying to convey.

Good to hear that he believes the Constitution is negatively biased though, that should make the Libertarians happy

-spence
Old 10-27-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

First 51 seconds Spence.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
spence

I think you need to place his comments in context of the civil rights movement and more specifically the race issues that were of focus. In other words, the entire conversation was about BLACK PEOPLE.

I'd like to hear the entire interview though, anybody who would base an opinion off of anything they hear or read online, especially a piece like that that's clearly meant to frighten a segment of the population...

...should have their head examined.

-spence
Old 10-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

yes I've been called mental in the past Spence
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
spence

Redistribution of wealth happens all the time. Right now your tax dollars are being redistributed to Iowa farmers to help produce ethanol, even though it's a bad idea.

The wealthy pay more of the tax revenues because they have the money. Their wealth is distributed across the country because the poor can't afford to build roads or aircraft carriers.

In the 1950's black people had very little wealth as they were not permitted equal access to society. This doesn't mean that they didn't contribute of course, but that they didn't see the benefits.

So why wouldn't someone fighting for equality seek to redistribute wealth knowing that without it civil equality would be difficult to achieve?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
Nebe

Salty needs some Reperation H..

So is a small business loan given to an inner city black man to start a corner store market a bad idea?? Somehow I doubt he will be just giving money away.