Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #301
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
paul's church maintains it's property so all churches must be bad...
That's literally his entire argument.

The question for me is, why bother. There is no answer, other than there's no fishing to be done yet...
Old 02-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #302
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You called this before I heard a single person anywhere call it.

I was sure he was bluffing to strike a deal where we didn't let Ukraine in NATO. I was 100% wrong once again.

The likelihood and motive has been clear as day for years. I did not come up with any of this but I follow people smarter than me that have been warning of the increasing danger of this since 2008.

It merely depended on a sliding scale of reduced capability of the members of NATO, particularity the US and Germany, and the increased of capability of RUS/PRC. It also required the same inversion of will.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #303
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

When I donate my dues to my church and they build a gym it isn't benefiting poor people.

How's that you idiot?
poor people don't use gyms?
Old 02-24-2022, 09:02 AM   #304
scottw

Quote:

there's no fishing to be done yet...
soon...
Old 02-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #305
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Do you not think the administration or Nato didn't figure Putin was going to Invade they Knew .. but diplomacy must run its course

But again we get the unusual response from Republican and Conservatives "weakness " besides a military response I am not sure what they expect the U.S.A or the world to do besides what they did and are now doing ..

and none of them seem to be laying out What they would be doing .
Other than arming Ukraine earlier, I can't think of anything.

But again, Putin had some reason to not do this when Trump was president, and to feel like now is the time. Maybe he senses dementia and weakness like most people do, and that's what he's counting on.

I can't think of a reason why Putin is doing this now, that's not a criticism of Biden.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #306
wdmso

12\23 I honestly think Putin was going to invade even if Trump won the election. due to Trump losing the election and with that lost went his free pass . He never Feared Trumps reaction. But now a NATO under a unified front he had to change gears . Being out of Afghanistan has only improved the US and NATO position to re deploy Troops and equipment…. And we have not treaty obligations with Ukraine
12\31

Back to Ukraine for a minute why is every conservatives talking head or Congress member cheering for Putin to invade Ukraine? Instead of getting behind the POTUS and show a United front towards Russia, when they know
Biden or Trump would have used force ..

Rep. Budd to Newsmax: Russian Aggression Due to 'Weakness' From Biden

that Russia would not be threatening to invade Ukraine if former President Donald Trump was still in office, attributing reports of their offensive to "weakness in the way that Biden has led."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

1/28 Gotta love the fact that Zelensky told Biden to STFU......that's awesome.

2-18 "Just because there's Russian buildup does not mean that we know or that there is a plan to actually invade," "I think this has just been an emotional push by the Americans

Grenell said Thursday during an appearance on Newsmax's "Spicer & Co."
Old 02-24-2022, 09:14 AM   #307
wdmso

Trump told host Laura Ingraham. "In fact, some people are saying, 'Why didn't this take place over the last four years during our administration?' And it didn't for a very good reason and I'll explain that to you someday

LOL
Old 02-24-2022, 09:20 AM   #308
PaulS

Quote:
Again, maybe your church is self serving. That sounds like an issue for you.

The data clearly shows that conservatives care plenty about people after they are born.
But they consistently try to cut funding for child care when elected. Am I going too fast for you?
Old 02-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #309
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump told host Laura Ingraham. "In fact, some people are saying, 'Why didn't this take place over the last four years during our administration?' And it didn't for a very good reason and I'll explain that to you someday

LOL
Do you think Putin threw a dart at a calendar and decided to invade on whatever day it landed on?

Or is there a reason in his mind, which makes sense to him, as to why he did it now?
Old 02-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #310
PaulS

Quote:
For the second time, yes my church has meaningful expenses. Can you give me a list of charities that have zero expenses please?

Rent, utilities, logistics and infastructure and such cannot be paid for with hugs and fairy dust, I am sorry to break that to you, I assumed even you already knew that. Obviously I was wrong.
It goes beyond that you idiot. Am I going too fast for you?
Old 02-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #311
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

You're reading comprehension sucks.

But you're the idiot who constantly states that conservatives are more generous than liberals you idiot, not me or anyone else here.

Did anyone say it was you idiot?

Endowments are used to help keep tuiton down you idiot.

Their actions show it everyday. The idea that liberals want Blacks (and it is amazing how much you focus on blacks here - or use the word "urban" which to you means the same) to have more babies so they can "make" more money off the babies show loud and clear that you are a scummy person.

How's that you idiot?
Quote:
So show me a study that says conservatives are more generous when it ISN"T self serving charities. That is what matters you idiot.
Quote:
It goes beyond that you idiot. Am I going too fast for you?

Just wanted to save this so I have some solid examples of what adding constructive dialog to the conversation looks like.

Yeah, all Trumps fault the country is so divided

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 02-24-2022 at 09:27 AM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-24-2022, 09:22 AM   #312
Jim in CT

Quote:
But they consistently try to cut funding for child care when elected. Am I going too fast for you?
unnecessary child care.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:22 AM   #313
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Just wanted to save this so I have some solid examples of what adding constructive dialog to the conversation looks like.

Remember TDF, I am the angry one.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:23 AM   #314
wdmso

Rudy Giuliani to Newsmax: 'Incompetent' Biden Looks Like 'Weakling, Dope'

no criticism of Putin Playing to the GOP Base
Old 02-24-2022, 09:26 AM   #315
wdmso

Quote:
Do you think Putin threw a dart at a calendar and decided to invade on whatever day it landed on?

Or is there a reason in his mind, which makes sense to him, as to why he did it now?
its winter frozen ground good for Tanks no leaves on trees no concealment

But the I see you avoided what Trump said

I am still looking at what actions Trump or Republicans (besides the timing of Sanctions which themselves say wouldn't have stopped Him ) beyond Boots on the Ground would have stopped Him .. we have Trump's answer "Trump calls Russia-Ukraine crisis a 'European problem'" and in 2016 Trump He buys into Russian President Vladimir Putin's ridiculous theory that Ukraine is not a "real country. Ukraine as so universally corrupt that he Trumps paints Ukraine's new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, with this same brush of false allegations
and wait for it Trump didn't want Ukraine in NATO

I am convinced he Putin took these actions because Trump Lost the election . who would have given Putin what he wanted "No NATO in Ukraine " and other security guarantees

These Conservatives Are Defending Russia In Ukraine Crisis—And Trump Leads The Way

://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/02/23/these-conservatives-are-defending-russia-in-ukraine-crisis-and-trump-leads-the-way/?sh=dd2cfec78cf9

Last edited by wdmso; 02-24-2022 at 09:57 AM..
Old 02-24-2022, 09:42 AM   #316
Jim in CT

Quote:
Endowments are used to help keep tuiton down you idiot.
I looked it up.

Harvard's endowment is $53 billion.

It's annual tuition plus room and board is $74,528.

They have 23,000 kids.

They could not charge a penny for tuition for any of those kids, and the endowment wouldn't run out for decades, and that's if it earned zero interest.

Yeah, that endowment is really keeping tuition down, Paul, you sure showed me..
Old 02-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #317
Jim in CT

Quote:
its winter frozen ground good for Tanks no leaves on trees no concealment

But the I see you avoided what Trump said
So there were no winters in Russia from 2017 - 2021? Because Trump caused global warming, right??!!

Trump is an idiot. Fair enough?
Old 02-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #318
PaulS

Quote:
Just wanted to save this so I have some solid examples of what adding constructive dialog to the conversation looks like. Why should anyone here take his or your insults?

S
Feel free. But what do you add other than calling people dumb or trying to insult people with memes?

So what exactly do you add here?
Old 02-24-2022, 10:05 AM   #319
PaulS

Quote:
Remember TDF, I am the angry one.
You are. Every post (slight exageration) has insults. Why do you think anyone here should take your classless insults?
Old 02-24-2022, 10:10 AM   #320
PaulS

Quote:
I looked it up.

Harvard's endowment is $53 billion.

It's annual tuition plus room and board is $74,528.

They have 23,000 kids.

They could not charge a penny for tuition for any of those kids, and the endowment wouldn't run out for decades, and that's if it earned zero interest.

Yeah, that endowment is really keeping tuition down, Paul, you sure showed me..
Again, you demonstrate your lack of intelligence so I'll help you by not going so fast:

About a third of Harvard’s annual operating budget comes from the endowment; last year, it contributed around $1.7 billion to Harvard, or over a third of the University’s entire operating budget. That spending supports all the vital functions of the University, from professorships to the library collection to financial aid. Harvard’s 12 schools are funded by the endowment to different extents: The Faculty of Arts and Sciences, for example, receives about 50 percent of its funding from the endowment, while the School of Public Health—many of its expenses provided for by a $350 million gift from 2014—takes only about 15 percent of its budget from the endowment.

Edit - and remember when you couldn't understand how E. Warren's Harvard pay wasn't paid for by student's tuition bc it was an endowed chair. It was like you had no understanding of what an endowed chair was.

And let's not forget the idiotic statement about trying to compare church's charity (maybe 3-5% of donations?) to what say the American Red Cross provides - prob. 85% - 95% of donations.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:15 AM   #321
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
S
Feel free. But what do you add other than calling people dumb or trying to insult people with memes?

So what exactly do you add here?
The exact same quality of content that you do.

All you really do is come here to pick a fight with Jim, that's been pretty much it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-24-2022, 10:39 AM   #322
wdmso

Quote:
So there were no winters in Russia from 2017 - 2021? Because Trump caused global warming, right??!!

no but Trump was in Office ( And that's the issue because he was in office !)

I am convinced he Putin took these actions because Trump Lost the election . who would have given Putin what he wanted "No NATO in Ukraine " and other security guarantees

Trump is an idiot. Fair enough?
Global warming LOL
Old 02-24-2022, 10:41 AM   #323
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman;[COLOR="Red"
[/COLOR]1223171]The exact same quality of content that you do. No, You hardly ever post anything at all related to the subject.

All you really do is come here to pick a fight with Jim, that's been pretty much it.
no, I make a counter arguement. You pretty much only make insults.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:14 AM   #324
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Whatever Paul, you do you
Old 02-24-2022, 11:30 AM   #325
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again, you demonstrate your lack of intelligence so I'll help you by not going so fast:

About a third of Harvard’s annual operating budget comes from the endowment; last year, it contributed around $1.7 billion to Harvard, or over a third of the University’s entire operating budget. That spending supports all the vital functions of the University, from professorships to the library collection to financial aid. Harvard’s 12 schools are funded by the endowment to different extents: The Faculty of Arts and Sciences, for example, receives about 50 percent of its funding from the endowment, while the School of Public Health—many of its expenses provided for by a $350 million gift from 2014—takes only about 15 percent of its budget from the endowment.

Edit - and remember when you couldn't understand how E. Warren's Harvard pay wasn't paid for by student's tuition bc it was an endowed chair. It was like you had no understanding of what an endowed chair was.

And let's not forget the idiotic statement about trying to compare church's charity (maybe 3-5% of donations?) to what say the American Red Cross provides - prob. 85% - 95% of donations.
So it's OK when rich liberals donate to Harvard, which uses those donations to pay Liz Warren $400,000 a year to teach one class.

But when your church maintains its buildings, that means it's not really a worthwhile charity.

So what you're really saying is, "it's OK when liberals do it, only bad when conservatives do it".
Old 02-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #326
PaulS

Quote:
and you do you -
Old 02-24-2022, 11:59 AM   #327
PaulS

Quote:
So it's OK when rich liberals donate to Harvard, which uses those donations to pay Liz Warren $400,000 a year to teach one class.They can give it to whomever the law allows. Just as you and I can give to a church.

But when your church maintains its buildings, that means it's not really a worthwhile charity.

So what you're really saying is, "it's OK when liberals do it, only bad when conservatives do it".
No clown, let me take it step by step bc you can't seem to grasp anything. I'll go nice and slow.

You frequently claim that cons. give more than liberals. I always tell you that lot of it has to do with their giving it to churches which is somewhat self serving. You claim churches provide charity and I showed you that the vast majority of $ donated to churches goes to the church and very little goes to actually benefit a non member vs the vast majority donated to Red Cross which goes to people in need.

So I never claimed giving $ to churches was bad like the snarky troll claimed and which you agreed with or "that it's OK when liberals do it, only bad when conservatives do it" but to show you that a lot of the donations is somewhat self serving and your repeated claiming that conserv. give more than liberals is wrong and they prob. give the same $%.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:34 PM   #328
Pete F.
Canceled

As usual, the poor dictim is crying about how liberals are hurting him.

In real terms, Harvard is a conservative place. Everyone who attends worked hard to get into there. Students like money and they like success. They place a great deal of focus on hard work and business connections. They understand the importance of preexisting institutions and don't attempt to alter that. Students at Harvard work within the current system; that is what conservatism means.

Of course if the standard bearer of what you claim is conservative america is a con man..........

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #329
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
and you do you -
I thought you guys were claiming to imitate Joe Rogan

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-24-2022, 12:37 PM   #330
scottw

Quote:

no, I make a counter arguement.
that's an interesting description....