Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is the AP an Internet freak?
The AP is reporting the news. How the Internets respond to the news is a different thing.

The OP referred to "imaginary WMD's". If the UN knew about this and didn't see a significant threat and multiple US investigations knew about this and didn't see a significant threat...how could these represent valid WMD's?

Were these the WMD's used to justify the Iraq war? Is that what Beans is saying?

-spence
Old 07-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The AP is reporting the news. How the Internets respond to the news is a different thing.

The OP referred to "imaginary WMD's". If the UN knew about this and didn't see a significant threat and multiple US investigations knew about this and didn't see a significant threat...how could these represent valid WMD's?

Were these the WMD's used to justify the Iraq war? Is that what Beans is saying?

-spence
I was saying is if they are not viable weapons then why were they being guarded?

Why did the "rebels" risk lives to take the bunker?

And why is it being reported as news? If they captured an empty bunker?

Since all 3 of those things hapened I tend to believe there must have been at least some of those weapons that were useable, or the damaged oned were since replaced by viable weapons, which would now be in the hands of the "rebels".

In other news: "Rebel forces capture Little Tommy's tree house that was built on the site where a ammunitions building "USED" to be".
Old 07-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
I was saying is if they are not viable weapons then why were they being guarded?

Why did the "rebels" risk lives to take the bunker?

And why is it being reported as news? If they captured an empty bunker?

Since all 3 of those things hapened I tend to believe there must have been at least some of those weapons that were useable, or the damaged oned were since replaced by viable weapons, which would now be in the hands of the "rebels".

In other news: "Rebel forces capture Little Tommy's tree house that was built on the site where a ammunitions building "USED" to be".
The Iraqi government has a legal responsibility to dispose of the old munitions. I'm sure it's still toxic stuff but according to the inspectors can't function as intended and poses a much less significant risk.

I don't think ISIS is really concerned with lives. There's a military facility so they take it. Was it even really defended? Doesn't sound like it.

Don't you think if these were known and viable weapons they would have been used to show Saddam DID have WMD as the Bush Administration claimed?

-spence
Old 10-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Don't you think if these were known and viable weapons they would have been used to show Saddam DID have WMD as the Bush Administration claimed?

-spence
I think it is been proven over and over again that President Bush was an honorable man. He did what he thought was best for the country. I believe he took the hit on the WMDs knowing that in the end the truth would come out.
I know you're an expert on lying and truth, as you can clearly define Pres. Obama's lies as being good for us and with purpose. I'm sure then you can then come up with a plausible argument as to why President Bush would not have jumped on the campaign trail during his presidency and claimed there were weapons of WMDs Unlike the current president, it wasn't all about him .
Don't be surprised if WMDs become the excuse for sending ground troops in now . Pres. Obama is going to be looking for one and you will be riding his coattails and calling it brilliant.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post

Just launched my coffee.... Next up ketchup causes cancer is lab rats film at 11.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device