Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Saltheart

Celtics...This is THE game- Biggest game since game 6 in 1987

Got to win this one! The answere is easy. One single game when all their future Hall of famers all play well in the same game. We don't need a career best game from anyone , just good games from Pierce , Allen and Garnet. One game from the vets PLEASE!!!

Anyway , I'm obsessed with tonights game. Its all I have been able to think about all day. I may even go out to watch it tonight at some loud local bar full of Celtics fans. (although its tough to beat sitting at home with a drink and a bowl of chips and dip! ).

One single game where "The Big Three" play like "The Big Three". That's not a lot to ask for!!

Go Celtics!!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I think they are gonna roll Saltheart! Last home game of the season and this game could be the "for all the marbles game" because odds are long we lose tonight and go to LA to try to win two games!! They are gonna be home cookin' with high heat tonight! I am looking for Ray Allen to break his 3 point record tonight and Rondo and Big Baby to come up huge!!!! Garnett has been pretty inconsistent so I look for him to have a solid game and the "Truth" will be there tonight for sure!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

tonite is the nite for all the stars to come into alignment. Please refs let them play tonite

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
tonite is the nite for all the stars to come into alignment. Please refs let them play tonite

They played tonight.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

In the bank.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
Saltheart

The final score was only 6 but they beat their brains out tonight! Good all around performances.

I got to wonder why KG takes about 5 shots in a row with just 3 to4 minutes to go and gags them all? They finally gave Pierce the ball to finish the last few minutes which I think they should have started doing at 5 minutes. Anyway , I think KG played a great game defensively and he was hot early but I cannot figure out why they go with Pierce the whole game then stop in crunch time.

The lakers now know the Celtics are the better team. I see them trying for a big Hollywood night for Kobe again on Tuesday because they know that if its our team against their team , they lose. They need a miracle from their big player so look for him to go nuts Tuesday. Normally that would be enough to doom them but I still see the reffing as somewhat lopsided towards Bryant so we need to be sure we don't lose a big player early to Kobe cheap fouls.

Anyway , I think the Celtics wrap it up Tuesday. They now know they win or lose on what they do , what LA does means nothing as long as they play the tight D and take the good shots as they present themselves.

Oh , one last thing. I still think Rondo is the best and worst player they got. he can be great and he was at times tonight but man he can pull some stupid stuff too.

Assuming Tuesday goes like tonight , Paul Pierce becomes a two time playoff MVP , there's no other choice!

Go Celtics!!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Glad to see the starters win one like you said Mike.

I Hope the Celts don't have to play the lakers AND the refs Tuesday night.

Pierce will win it for us
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I missed most of the game as I was at a dance recital but caught the last quarter and had to change the channel a few times in the last few minutes as I couldn't watch, I do that a lot during sporting events. Too nerve wreaking for me. Nice bulletin board material quote about their propensity to loose in the 4th quarter by Phil. I hate that guy. Let's go Celtics.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
buckman

Jackson provided all the incentive they will need. Bryant was awesome and they still got beat. I'm not a huge basketball fan but that was a great game...start to finish.
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote