Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-01-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Need help with septic

Hey guys,

Does anyone here have experience with installing septic systems? Maybe someone here has gone through something simile?

We’ve been trying to put the house on the market for a few months and it’s been a complete disaster. We had the septic inspected on 6/11 and it was deemed it would fail the Title 5. The inspector said it was one of the worst he’s ever seen as it’s 45 years old. We’re obviously trying to replace it, but it’s a logistical nightmare. We’re now worried about how long the current one will hold up as we might not be able to pull this off in the next few months.

If anyone has experience any experience with septic would it be possible for me to forward you the inspection report? Maybe someone here could give us an idea of how long they it might last.

I know tons of variables involved and I realize this post is all over the place, but I’m racing to take my father to PT.

This has been an f’ng nightmare. Already lost a new build in Western MA due to this situation. I know it’s a long shot but if anyone has any advice/insight I’d be greatly appreciative. Thanks for reading.

Rob
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #2
Guppy
User

Upgrade the system and put home up for sale..
I know, it’s not that easy, especially paying for it,,, maybe an equity loan that gets paid off with the sale of the house,,,
When it sells include in the PS agreement contingent on u finding a new home.. and have pre approved mortgage ready,,, new listings aren’t on the market long from what I hear…

Hope this helps a little

Another thought, you could have the new system designed and approved and estimated ,,, you’ll be ready to roll when push comes to shove… ( maybe not approved, research needed here )

Last edited by Guppy; 09-01-2021 at 04:10 PM..
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #3
spence

I don't know MA laws, but you may be able to escrow the cost of the system + some overage as part of the sale. I was looking at this 5 years ago purchasing a house in Little Compton, something to investigate.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:33 PM   #4
angler229

I can probably answer point you in the right direction with anything septic system related. Im a health inspector and deal almost exclusively with systems. Let me know how I can help
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
angler229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:28 AM   #5
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Gotta love this site. Thanks for the responses. Dan aka angler22 (and redlite) reached out right away and helped quell some fears.

Guppy and Spence: thanks so much for the thoughtful replies. What screwed this up from the beginning was our understanding of the timetable of how this would unfold. We were under the impression it would be done in the next month or so, but it’s more complicated than anticipated. We live on wetlands so hurdles to clear. Didn’t realize what it was going to entail to get a new tank in re; neighbors property and our own ( Dan may have just solved that problem) The engineer is about 75% done with the plan then it obviously has to go before the board of health and then the wetlands committee before the installer can give us a plan.

My concern was what would happen if we can’t get a new tank in before the old one goes, but Dan helped alleviate some of those fears.

Hopefully that all made sense. Thanks again for the replies and messages. My family appreciates it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #6
Guppy
User

One more bit of advice,,, don’t make any important decisions based on a fixed completion date of the system…. Chit happens

Dan’s the man with this one, hands down…
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote