Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2021, 11:26 AM   #181
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I never worried my kid was going to turn out to be a bigot after they see a bigot on TV or read about one in a book. Nor did I think they would catch gay from someone.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
me neither X 3....
Old 11-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #182
detbuch

Quote:
Do conservatives not spend quality time with their kids? Does the party of family values not have values to impart to their kids?
I never worried my kid was going to turn out to be a bigot after they see a bigot on TV or read about one in a book. Nor did I think they would catch gay from someone.
So parents with strong family values who spend quality time with their kids should not concern themselves with what schools teach their children? Nor should they be concerned about what is taught to the children of parents who don't spend quality time with them? Should they not be concerned and active in the politics of their community and of their country? Should they feel satisfied that their home life is sufficient to assure that their children will not be corrupted and damaged by what happens outside of their home?

Perhaps you shouldn't be so vociferously concerned with what goes on outside of your perfect home. Or be so insistent that things like the messaging of CRT should be introduced in our educational institutions. It's all good. Don't be afraid. Teaching children good traditional American "conservative" values (maybe even some intelligent design) won't hurt them. After all, you've inoculated yours against such trash with quality time in your perfect home.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #183
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So parents with strong family values who spend quality time with their kids should not concern themselves with what schools teach their children? Nor should they be concerned about what is taught to the children of parents who don't spend quality time with them? Should they not be concerned and active in the politics of their community and of their country? Should they feel satisfied that their home life is sufficient to assure that their children will not be corrupted and damaged by what happens outside of their home?

Perhaps you shouldn't be so vociferously concerned with what goes on outside of your perfect home. Or be so insistent that things like the messaging of CRT should be introduced in our educational institutions. It's all good. Don't be afraid. Teaching children good traditional American "conservative" values (maybe even some intelligent design) won't hurt them. After all, you've inoculated yours against such trash with quality time in your perfect home.
Proposed list of books to be banned, children will be safe then
The Base should be happy

https://static.texastribune.org/medi...625.1635513476

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #184
detbuch

Quote:
Proposed list of books to be banned, children will be safe then
The Base should be happy

https://static.texastribune.org/medi...625.1635513476
But you should be happy too. Your children are immune to such stuff. You spend quality time with them.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-05-2021 at 03:19 PM..
Old 12-17-2021, 05:45 PM   #185
detbuch

The great gaslighting is that Critical Race Theory is not being "taught" in the schools. The truth is that it is not being taught as a subject, rather it is being practiced in the schools. It is being done, brought to fruition, in the schools--critical race "praxis" is in our schools. This is part two, the final part, of the video in post 13:

Last edited by detbuch; 12-17-2021 at 05:57 PM..
Old 12-17-2021, 07:00 PM   #186
Jim in CT

Quote:
The great gaslighting is that Critical Race Theory is not being "taught" in the schools. The truth is that it is not being taught as a subject, rather it is being practiced in the schools. It is being done, brought to fruition, in the schools--critical race "praxis" is in our schools. This is part two, the final part, of the video in post 13:

liberals say “it’s not taught” because there’s no class called CRT. but i can teach marxism without there being a class explicitly called marxism. it’s nonsense.
Old 12-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #187
Pete F.
Canceled

You can also teach white supremacy without calling it that.

Overt, ugly acts of bigotry attract the most attention, the most potent component of racism is "positioning the bigot as the actual victim."

"So the gay do not simply want to marry, they want to convert our children into sin," he wrote. "The Jews do not merely want to be left in peace, they actually are plotting world take-over. And the blacks are not actually victims of American power, but beneficiaries of the war against hard-working whites. This is a respectable, more sensible, bigotry, one that does not seek to name-call, preferring instead 'to' change the subject and strawman."

The recent debate over CRT is the latest variation of frame-flipping. But conservatives have used similar tactics to thwart the feminist movement and to notch victories in the culture wars on American campuses.
Old 12-18-2021, 12:44 PM   #188
detbuch

Quote:

Tell us specifically how white supremacy is being taught in our public schools.

Overt, ugly acts of bigotry attract the most attention, the most potent component of racism is "positioning the bigot as the actual victim."

A most potent component of gaslighting, mischaracterizing, and outright lying is to call things what they are not. "Racist" and "racism" are powerful examples of words that are misused in order to cow the accused into silence or acquiescence.

"So the gay do not simply want to marry, they want to convert our children into sin," he wrote. "The Jews do not merely want to be left in peace, they actually are plotting world take-over. And the blacks are not actually victims of American power, but beneficiaries of the war against hard-working whites. This is a respectable, more sensible, bigotry, one that does not seek to name-call, preferring instead 'to' change the subject and strawman."

Imputing such notions to masses of people that don't have them is a most potent component of gaslighting those masses into compliance.

The recent debate over CRT is the latest variation of frame-flipping. But conservatives have used similar tactics to thwart the feminist movement and to notch victories in the culture wars on American campuses.
CRT is a variation of frame-flipping.

And feminists do not all agree with each other, and some of the older advocates disagree with the rhetoric of new ones. Nor are most women feminists. Which is probably the most potent reason why feminists are thwarted.

Group think, in general, is a potent way to influence, and is more potent when various groups coalesce to create dominant cultures that clash with the prevailing one. The various anti "white supremacy" (especially white male supremacy) groups that have joined together have predominantly changed the culture in American education, especially university and college education, in order to support and teach their political and philosophical views. They have to a great degree flipped the American academic culture.

That cultural flip is all about power, not a debate or means to arrive at a universal truth. Power is the most potent component of the Post-Modern philosophy that fundamentally drives the Neo-Marxist component of most current leftist groups that are attempting to impose their will on the foundational components of what we refer to as Western Civilization--the foundation that spurred the American Revolution.

Western Civilization promotes universal truths that apply to every individual. Unfortunately, "white" people supposedly were who nurtured and crafted this civilization. So, therefore, it is a creation in the interests of white people. Ergo, it oppresses the wills and desires of non-"whites."

Specifically, the American foundation, is accused of being a house of white cards. Non-whites are not allowed to join the game. Unless, of course, they show abaisance, bow and scrape, and do the white man's will, act white, do what is required by whites to succeed in a white world.

So, therefore within the "white" created structure which assures supreme "white" racial power, all whites are inherently "racist." And, of course, such a thing is fundamentally wrong and contemptible. Not sure why if there are no universal truths and the end game is power.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
CRT is a variation of frame-flipping.

And feminists do not all agree with each other, and some of the older advocates disagree with the rhetoric of new ones. Nor are most women feminists. Which is probably the most potent reason why feminists are thwarted.

Group think, in general, is a potent way to influence, and is more potent when various groups coalesce to create dominant cultures that clash with the prevailing one. The various anti "white supremacy" (especially white male supremacy) groups that have joined together have predominantly changed the culture in American education, especially university and college education, in order to support and teach their political and philosophical views. They have to a great degree flipped the American academic culture.

That cultural flip is all about power, not a debate or means to arrive at a universal truth. Power is the most potent component of the Post-Modern philosophy that fundamentally drives the Neo-Marxist component of most current leftist groups that are attempting to impose their will on the foundational components of what we refer to as Western Civilization--the foundation that spurred the American Revolution.

Western Civilization promotes universal truths that apply to every individual. Unfortunately, "white" people supposedly were who nurtured and crafted this civilization. So, therefore, it is a creation in the interests of white people. Ergo, it oppresses the wills and desires of non-"whites."

Specifically, the American foundation, is accused of being a house of white cards. Non-whites are not allowed to join the game. Unless, of course, they show abaisance, bow and scrape, and do the white man's will, act white, do what is required by whites to succeed in a white world.

So, therefore within the "white" created structure which assures supreme "white" racial power, all whites are inherently "racist." And, of course, such a thing is fundamentally wrong and contemptible. Not sure why if there are no universal truths and the end game is power.
As I’ve said many times

Poor victim

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2021, 04:34 PM   #190
Jim in CT

Quote:

yes pete, the public schools are really infested with maga right wingers.
Old 12-18-2021, 07:11 PM   #191
detbuch

Quote:
As I’ve said many times

Poor victim
Yes, you've said or repeated many ambiguous, misleading, inconsistent, contradictory, unclear, and incoherent or even lying things many times. It may be that you lack a consistent core belief or vision. Perhaps you have fallen victim to the Post-Modern abyss void of any consistent, foundational meaning other than gaining and holding power. Which may lead you into seeing human society as a conflict between oppressors and oppressed--the rich fat cats and the poor victims. The current iteration being between the notion of a predatory "white supremacist" against everyone else.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:40 AM   #192
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes pete, the public schools are really infested with maga right wingers.
Not right now they aren’t that’s the plan just ask the Moms of Liberty

The right has been waging war against intellectuals or in the MAGA world that’s anyone with a Brain .

Even in the red of red states they think their own teachers and school boards .. who were born and raised in their communities are the enemy .. that’s some serious brainwashing but then again these same people think Trump won the deep state is real .
Old 12-19-2021, 09:00 AM   #193
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yes, you've said or repeated many ambiguous, misleading, inconsistent, contradictory, unclear, and incoherent or even lying things many times. It may be that you lack a consistent core belief or vision. Perhaps you have fallen victim to the Post-Modern abyss void of any consistent, foundational meaning other than gaining and holding power. Which may lead you into seeing human society as a conflict between oppressors and oppressed--the rich fat cats and the poor victims. The current iteration being between the notion of a predatory "white supremacist" against everyone else.
Perhaps you should consider that “maybe” you are wrong.

That may be why your views are held by a small minority of Americans.

Just remember which side thinks the other has the Jewish Space Laser, that Trump won and if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #194
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

The right has been waging war against intellectuals or in the MAGA world that’s anyone with a Brain .

Even in the red of red states they think their own teachers and school boards .. who were born and raised in their communities are the enemy .. that’s some serious brainwashing but then again these same people think Trump won the deep state is real .

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-19-2021, 09:37 AM   #195
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

I’ve been wondering about this Tin Hat fascination among some posters, has it actually kept you out of the rubber room?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #196
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
I’ve been wondering about this Tin Hat fascination among some posters, has it actually kept you out of the rubber room?

Do you wonder about the Tim Foil fascination when you use the phrase yourself, as you have 🤔
Old 12-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #197
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Do you wonder about the Tim Foil fascination when you use the phrase yourself, as you have 🤔
Who is Tim Foil?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2021, 10:42 AM   #198
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Let me guess You have never heard of mom’s of liberty.or their mission

Informed as ever Lol
Old 12-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #199
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Who is Tim Foil?

Tin Foil
You want me to pull up quotes from your past post ???
Old 12-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #200
scottw

Quote:

Let me guess You have never heard of mom’s of liberty

they sound terrifying.....
Old 12-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #201
Jim in CT

Quote:

you’re not cuckoo.

do you see a difference between not wanting radical liberalism taught, and wanting radical conservatism taught?
Old 12-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #202
Jim in CT

Quote:
Let me guess You have never heard of mom’s of liberty.or their mission

Informed as ever Lol
how much influence do they have, if no one has heard of them.

do you understand that there are radical liberal groups too? who cares what they want?

Old 12-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #203
wdmso

Quote:
you’re not cuckoo.

do you see a difference between not wanting radical liberalism taught, and wanting radical conservatism taught?

Neither is being taught Iam just sane enough to understand that.

And clearly see what Moms of liberty agenda is

Moms for Liberty is dedicated to fighting for the survival of America by unifying, educating and empowering parents to defend their parental rights at all levels of government.

Fighting for the survival of America
Sounds radical to me
Old 12-19-2021, 02:14 PM   #204
wdmso

Quote:
how much influence do they have, if no one has heard of them.

do you understand that there are radical liberal groups too? who cares what they want?

Seems theses people of influence know of them

Moms for Liberty members have also been pictured with DeSantis, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), his wife Kelley Paul, Trump's son Eric Trump, and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY). Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ralph Rebandt participated in a discussion in a closed Moms for Liberty chapter Facebook group in which he called the COVID-19 vaccine a “genetic altering shot.”
Old 12-19-2021, 02:31 PM   #205
scottw

Quote:

Moms for Liberty is dedicated to fighting for the survival of America by unifying, educating and empowering parents to defend their parental rights at all levels of government.

this sounds terrifying...how dare they?
Old 12-19-2021, 02:41 PM   #206
detbuch

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider that “maybe” you are wrong.

That may be why your views are held by a small minority of Americans.

Just remember which side thinks the other has the Jewish Space Laser, that Trump won and if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.
I do consider that I might be wrong. I consider that every time I post something. I actually would appreciate you showing me why I am wrong. That would be actual, constructive, dialog. That would be the best purpose of a forum.

How and why am I wrong?
Old 12-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #207
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems theses people of influence know of them

Moms for Liberty members have also been pictured with DeSantis, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), his wife Kelley Paul, Trump's son Eric Trump, and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY). Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ralph Rebandt participated in a discussion in a closed Moms for Liberty chapter Facebook group in which he called the COVID-19 vaccine a “genetic altering shot.”
oh they had their picture taken with Desantis! that changes everything.

i’ve seen pictures of Jeffrey Epstein with the Clintons. What does that tell you?

you crack me
up.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:25 PM   #208
wdmso

Quote:
oh they had their picture taken with Desantis! that changes everything.

i’ve seen pictures of Jeffrey Epstein with the Clintons. What does that tell you?

you crack me
up.
Still not doing your own research?
Classic
PS Trump-also hung out with Jeffery
Old 12-19-2021, 05:28 PM   #209
Jim in CT

Quote:
Still not doing your own research?
Classic
PS Trump-also hung out with Jeffery
PPS I said ten times i hope they throw the book at trump
if he did anything inappropriate. i’m not unable to criticize my own side.

Yup, the mothers of liberty are a major force in the GOP. I heard they’re almost as influential as the Whigs and the Tories.

you have Ihan Omar saying in every form of communication she can, that Joe Manchin is “bullsh*t.”.

If trump says that, you all start menstruating.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #210
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I do consider that I might be wrong. I consider that every time I post something. I actually would appreciate you showing me why I am wrong. That would be actual, constructive, dialog. That would be the best purpose of a forum.

How and why am I wrong?
Because you fall for the claim that the existence of structural racism means that you are a racist if you are white.

Democracy is not in danger because we're polarized. We're polarized because it's a strategy to make it more difficult to see where the real danger to democracy comes from.

From the Kochs to the Heritage Foundation to the GOP, the "true aim" has been to kneecap liberal democracy in order to unshackle concentrated wealth. The strategy is to sow racial and social strife. The goal, though, is rule by the rich.

Lets Go Darwin