Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

The data doesn’t support your conclusions

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wait!!!!....you actually said that???? haaaaaaaa
Old 11-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
for the first time ever, FL has more republicans than democrats. id say the data perfectly supports my conclusions.
Thats your “analysis?” Seriously Jim I’d like to see some proof you’re really an actuarial.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Thats your “analysis?” Seriously Jim I’d like to see some proof you’re really an actuarial.
wayne posted data showing people are moving to FL. i posted data showing who is gaining g and losing congressional seats.

i’d like to see some proof you’re not a 14 year old girl, because every time a liberal says or does anything, you react like meg ryan in the restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally.

you’re right, there’s no migration from blue to red. the census is biased.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wayne posted data showing people are moving to FL. i posted data showing who is gaining g and losing congressional seats.

i’d like to see some proof you’re not a 14 year old girl, because every time a liberal says or does anything, you react like meg ryan in the restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally.

you’re right, there’s no migration from blue to red. the census is biased.
You said Republican registrations are increasing because of the recent Gov policies. That is impossible to derive from those numbers alone. Florida was a magnet for retirees long before he was elected. Baby boomers are retiring at a huge rate and retirees are more often Republican.

Please, have your HR department fax me an employment verification request form.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #35
wdmso

https://www.jchs.harvard.edu/blog/wh...ntial-mobility

2. WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON TYPE OF MOVE?

Most moves are local, either within the same county or within the same state. Within-county moves accounted for 65 percent of all moves in 2019, while moves between counties in the same state accounted for 17 percent, according to Current Population Survey (CPS) data. 14 percent of moves were across state lines in 2019 and moves from outside the country only accounted for 4 percent of all moves (Figure 1).

HOW MIGHT THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AFFECT MOBILITY?

Since the COVID-19 pandemic is still unfolding, it is difficult to assess its possible impacts on mobility. It could be that mobility is going to spike after the quarantines end and people move to cheaper housing (if available) after losing income from a job loss. Mobility could also spike as a result of evictions or foreclosures if substantial payment assistance is not provided before the temporary bans on evictions and foreclosures end. It could also be that mobility will decline further as people become less likely to buy or sell homes, especially during the quarantines but also afterwards due to higher economic uncertainty. Working from home is likely at record high levels right now, and if even a small portion of this shift proves to be permanent, it could mean fewer people moving for job-related reasons as well.

Just more actual fact based information
Old 11-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #36
wdmso

Little break down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9EC904F8-6E4A-4B73-B146-B43293F889F3.png
Views:	116
Size:	560.5 KB
ID:	68520  
Old 11-07-2021, 06:30 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

You said Republican registrations are increasing because of the recent Gov policies.

most likely Brandon related....
Old 11-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:

Most moves are local, either within the same county or within the same state. Within-county moves accounted for 65 percent of all moves in 2019, while moves between counties in the same state accounted for 17 percent, according to Current Population Survey (CPS) data. 14 percent of moves were across state lines in 2019 and moves from outside the country only accounted for 4 percent of all moves (Figure 1).

Since the COVID-19 pandemic is still unfolding, it is difficult to assess its possible impacts on mobility. It could be that mobility is going to spike after the quarantines end and people move to cheaper housing (if available) after losing income from a job loss. Mobility could also spike as a result of evictions or foreclosures if substantial payment assistance is not provided before the temporary bans on evictions and foreclosures end. It could also be that mobility will decline further as people become less likely to buy or sell homes, especially during the quarantines but also afterwards due to higher economic uncertainty. Working from home is likely at record high levels right now, and if even a small portion of this shift proves to be permanent, it could mean fewer people moving for job-related reasons as well.

your second paragraph has exactly zero facts. Zero.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:

again, you’re using 2019 ( pre covid) data. so who cares?
Old 11-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #40
Jim in CT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny....ovid/10901991/
Old 11-07-2021, 07:41 PM   #41
Jim in CT

https://www.bdb.org/news/2021/05/25/...te-s-cfo-said/
Old 11-07-2021, 07:42 PM   #42
Jim in CT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wts...9-64448a8fe2b2
Old 11-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete likes to cherry pick...sooo..8 of the top 10 states for new cases currently are very blue states

his home Vermont, the most vaccinated state in the country, continues to hit record numbers of new infections.....
In October,25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from Covid,more than 3X higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties.Oct was the 5th consecutive month that % gap between death rates in Trump & Biden counties widened

Worked that way in Vermont also

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin