Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What happened to customer service?

Pick a company and it su*ks, can’t change my Verizon cell account to avoid data overage charges because I forgot my pin, if I ever had one. Local store can’t help, so I need to drive to a corporate office to figure it out. One of many customer service issues lately, because getting a helpful intelligent person on the phone is literally impossible.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:37 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Bob, Pick up a Password Journal at Staples. That little book has saved my azz on a number of occasions. But you have to keep it handy at the desk and enter any passwords as soon as you create one. PITA, but it is a useful tool for me....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:43 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Just use a notes app on your phone. iPhone’s have a password management feature as well. I’m sure there’s one for androids and other phones.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Bob, Pick up a Password Journal at Staples. That little book has saved my azz on a number of occasions. But you have to keep it handy at the desk and enter any passwords as soon as you create one. PITA, but it is a useful tool for me....
I have a password app, I just never opened a my Verizon account to the best of my recollection and if I did It was a long time back and I don’t remember any pin if I ever had one. I can reset almost anything I can’t recall or don’t have immediate access to, just irritating I have to go to one of two corporate locations because their piss pour customer service can’t help me.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #5
Redsoxticket

Call Verizon customer support at 1-800-922-0204 or *611
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:20 AM   #6
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pick a company and it su*ks, can’t change my Verizon cell account to avoid data overage charges because I forgot my pin, if I ever had one. Local store can’t help, so I need to drive to a corporate office to figure it out. One of many customer service issues lately, because getting a helpful intelligent person on the phone is literally impossible.
Verizon sucks…
We went to an independent (con artist), upgraded to IPhone 11s, was told our plan wouldn’t change except for cost of phone,,, it did!

Our old phones would be mailed to us,,,, they weren’t!

After sitting there for what seemed for evah. to change to the new phones, he says I’ll need a check for $160.00, what’s that for I say, that’s my fee,,, WTF I don’t mind paying a fee but I should be given the option up front… A Hole

Needless to say , we’re stuck in customer service hell ( that’s another story)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:48 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
Call Verizon customer support at 1-800-922-0204 or *611
Yeah no thanks, I’ve tried them all, even the local Verizon store tech had them on the phone after waiting of course for 40 minutes for him to get someone, just bizarre the “customer service” people can’t help you either set up a new account or reset a pin.

It was a 2 1/2 hour phone call from hell to set up an identical vios account at the new cottage this spring, they are the worst when it comes to service.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:24 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

LastPass with 2 Factor Authentication

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #9
Clammer

I can,t get hold of a real person just to try and get my TV cable & phone service reduced .

my friend got hid down to just about &90 ... keeping only yhe cable , and getting a no name home phone because he needs it for his alarm system ... he streamlines evrything else ///don,t know /forgot what he said about local news ..,.

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:40 PM   #10
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Literally the worst customer service in the world. But if you threaten to leave they help. I had no service at my home and told them I was switching to AT&T which is great around me. Low and behold, they GAVE me a cell extender that works off satellites. Goes through my router. I now have 5 bars all the time. No charge to me.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:31 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Literally the worst customer service in the world. But if you threaten to leave they help. I had no service at my home and told them I was switching to AT&T which is great around me. Low and behold, they GAVE me a cell extender that works off satellites. Goes through my router. I now have 5 bars all the time. No charge to me.
Funny you say that, so I drive to the corporate office and suddenly I’m on some 55+ ultimates plan for less than I was paying, maybe asking for someone to give a damn works occasionally. Of course my time is at my expense.